[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

The new city stuff is all on a new map. Only way I can change large scale visuals, really (similar stuff is done for the area where you meet Biggie McSteelix, tania rips her living room a new one, etc). The teleportywhatnots are because it's a -lot- of maps though. As many as the original city. Can't all be one map because I'd run out of auto-tiles + dear lord imagine the lag.

Finished mapping. Next up is the puzzle. Of course there's going to be a puzzle. But it's something that's been in main series, so it's not too involved.

Anyway, I guess I'll share a screen, but I might be mean about it. You can figure it out from here. ^ ^

You sneaky little bastard! I totally missed that one. Nice image though. I'm guessing it's the bottom of the large formerly contaminated lake? Or maybe the Tanzan Cove?

• Developers

I'm guessing Amaria will start on Water Suface but some of her pokemon will probably know Dive s she will probably often change the field to Underwater and back while you'll try to change it to Icy Field ir Murkwater Surface. Field-wise it should be pretty interesting battle - most fields don't have so many options to alter them.

Ame you sneaky, sneaky, lady. Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho. I am seriously looking forward to this. Hopefully the Puzzle isn't hard as hell. o.o I hate those hard puzzles. Hopefully this time our HOPES and DREAMS of gettin a Legendary Pokemon comes true.

• Developers

3 words : Magnezone's Electric Terrain. Also works with Roserade's Grassy Terrain ;)

Electric Terrain boosts Surf quite seriously so good luck with that.

Grassy Terrain is good though.

Haha that was indeed sneaky! But i like the concept of an underground city! It is the first time i will see it in a pokemon game. So far it was just simple wild dive aras.

And as a secondary electric type, weakening it even more against your electric types, while her water types will be hit by boosted electric type moves

I don't think it will be something like abyssal ruins. First because it was not very interesting, second because the houses on the picture don't look like remnants from an ancient civilization. More likely they are houses those terrain sunk into the lake during the earthquake.

totaly forgot to comment on this but, electric terrains buff to surf is that it makes surf into an electric type attack and makes the strength 1.5, so if you run a mono electric team with some of your pokemon have lightningrod or volt absorb (if it turns out to be a doubles gym) she should be a cake walk. but me just thinking about that i wouldn't be surpirsed if Amaria does run both lanturn and quagsire on her team to ruin that idea

totaly forgot to comment on this but, electric terrains buff to surf is that it makes surf into an electric type attack and makes the strength 1.5, so if you run a mono electric team with some of your pokemon have lightningrod or volt absorb (if it turns out to be a doubles gym) she should be a cake walk. but me just thinking about that i wouldn't be surpirsed if Amaria does run both lanturn and quagsire on her team to ruin that idea

Better than Quagsire : Mega Swampert. EV in attack and Sp Def since water surface and underwater fields activate Swift Swim, makes non-water grounded pokemons slower and underwater field makes physical moves weaker. But both those terrains makes ground type moves useless. And those mons would be fragile against water type moves, since they have no resistance to it and water moves are heavily boosted. But Lanturn could be a good thing.

Another way to deal with Amaria could be fighting water with water, since with the boost from the field it would still deal more than neutral damage on her pokemons, while you would be more resistant and not affected by the maluses for non-water types. I remember my mono-fire run battle against Charlotte as one of my easiest gym battles :D

Edited by Imperial

The new city stuff is all on a new map. Only way I can change large scale visuals, really (similar stuff is done for the area where you meet Biggie McSteelix, tania rips her living room a new one, etc). The teleportywhatnots are because it's a -lot- of maps though. As many as the original city. Can't all be one map because I'd run out of auto-tiles + dear lord imagine the lag.

Finished mapping. Next up is the puzzle. Of course there's going to be a puzzle. But it's something that's been in main series, so it's not too involved.

Anyway, I guess I'll share a screen, but I might be mean about it. You can figure it out from here. ^ ^

So excited for this hidden area. Edited by Mr. Divergent

• Developers

Actually Electric Terrain just adds some Electric type damage to Surf, it shouldn't completely turn it to Electric. I'm not sure what this will do against Lightning Rod / Volt Absorb but my guess would be that it only negates the minor Electric part of the damage and the boosted Water damage still applies.

The damage are not separated, it's just double type. So against a Lapras with Water Absorb, it would do BP x1.5 (surf boost) x1.5 (electric type boost) x2 (electric SE on water) x0 (water), so no damage. Same for a ground type.