[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Actually Jigglypuff is out in my opinion since the characters never mentioned hearing a song (if I remember correctly).

Drowzee / Hypno theory is plausible. The grunt probably went and triggered the hypnosis which is why they didn't fall asleep right away. I think even a PULSE-Hypno would not be able to use Hypnosis continuously for several weeks.

Hm, the only thing that speaks against Hypno IMO is that it is said to hypnotize people using its pendulum, so I'd be inclined to believe that whatever Pokémon is stuck in the PULSE would be one that has a larger range/doesn't need the attention of the person.

(Though in the anime it did use "sleep waves". But if we were to reference the anime, then we'd also have people acting like Pokémon in their hypnotized state.)

I still feel like it'd be more likely to be pokémon less associated with having to directly confront the subject of the hypnosis.

I cant remember where I saw it. it was either in reborn ep14 or rejuv v6 in one of those files, but I remember that I when I looked through the graphics/battlers I found a pulse butterfree sprite. its not their now since both were updated, but I could still be wrong about this being the mon putting people to sleep in agate.

right? I never thought much of it when I found it, but it was removed in future updates. so its a possibility in a way.

I found it I had to go through files.

http://imgur.com/aNhvyyI

OMG, it is so beautiful, gimmeeeeeee!!!

*Cough* I mean: Holy moly, maybe it is a Butterfree causing the sleep spell in Agate! O.O

I could still be wrong and they decided to scratch this idea and go with something else. I just found it weird that the sprite was removed for the game update. (still unsure on which game I found it. I just saved the picture cuz I saved it by itself.

It looks like a Mega Butterfree, but that might just be me...

As for the Swalot being a bunch of Gulpin, it was supposed to fuse the Gulpin into a giant Swalot when the PULSE activated. This just simplified things, I guess.

well the pulse abra wasn't that much different. all it had was a helmet like armour similar to mewtwo. so not every pulse pokemon needs to be twisted.

While the appearance of the mewtwo armor on abra didn't look twisted, it definitely references something that is. Giovanni's enslavement literally drove mewtwo to attempt to destroy all humans.

The Pulse evolution form designs seem to give off a feeling of impurity of the Pokemon, and the monstrosity of those causing it. That Butterfree doesn't seem to convey that kind of expression in my opinion.

Not saying Butterfree is impossible, but I highly doubt that your linked artwork will be the one to be used if it is indeed Butterfree. I actually do hope it is Butterfree though. I'd like to see how Ame can transform something serene and cute into an apocalyptic hell bug.

• Global Mods

Is there a soundtrack for E16's new musics. I'd like to give them a listen without running through page after page of comments.

You can find the new Reborn City ward songs on Ame's Youtube channel. Here's a Reborn playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGKCyLUhwUaQqYTwPU_qocc3ULM3VwgJe 8-13 are the new ones.