[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Resprited all Obsidia buildings and cleaned the maps. Still have to figure out color balance though. Also added a unique graphic (to the pre-existing city that is) for Silph/the Department Store. Next I can start remapping them.

animations tomorrow night or burn me at the stake

*prepares bonfire*

Would be nice to finally be able to go through obsidia without passing through opal

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what changes if any will be done to shade's gym. I could see him not wanting anyone messing with it.

Knowing Shade, he would probably want it to be left untouched, to serve as a grim reminder of what the city has lost and what it has endured.
I feel like Shade, of all people, would understand how important it is to learn from the past and use it to better your future.
(One could even say... the GHOSTS of the past)

Resprited all Obsidia buildings and cleaned the maps. Still have to figure out color balance though. Also added a unique graphic (to the pre-existing city that is) for Silph/the Department Store. Next I can start remapping them.

animations tomorrow night or burn me at the stake

Say, I've been meaning to ask. What were the Obsldia Slums before they became the Slums? Like, what function was the original building intended for? It looks like it might have been some kind of storage facility?

On a music-related note, I imagine that it was a little harder to create the White Beryl theme than the others, given the mood of utter devastation and hopelessness that the original version conveys.

Edited by Foamy

• Administrators

beryl was the one i didn't have to do, since it was done in advance a long time ago

Poison Fang comes from mde, and despite not caring much for the move, it is one of my favorite animations overall.

As usual, the sound probably does a lot to complete it but even so, the bleedypoison thing is beautiful to me.

wQ8lAq9.gif

beryl was the one i didn't have to do, since it was done in advance a long time ago

I remember seeing Reborn Light- Beryl.mp3 in the Jukebox way back when I first started playing. I didn't dismiss the possibility of it being the official track for a restored Beryl Ward, but I figured that you would eventually settle on a version that sounded much more uplifting (since the Light version still sounds rather depressing).

• Developers

Poison fang looks cool. I find it funny coming from that hitmonlee, which doesn't have a mouth.

I think Ame did that on purpose. I mean Hitmonlee can't even normally learn it.

*prepares a water-hose to put out Ame*

poison fang and the wards both look great :D

what's your twitch ame? would like to follow it for notifications on when the stream goes up

i'm very interested in watching that, i watched the vod for (iirc) ametrine mountain and that was cool

edit: nvm i found it by stalking your twitter

Edited by Nails

• Administrators

My twitch is here: http://www.twitch.tv/amethystblack

Tonight is a classic Fire Blast, again from mde.

ZUhIoLf.gif

...and, I guess by association, Thunder Wave/paralysis too. -.-

Paralysis mine, Thunder Wave Inuki's.

I think it was Inuki anyway... can't remember...

Does this mean we're getting the geysers back for hydro pump?

It depends what you mean by geysers...

I don't think the animation looks like geysers at all so... nope.

Unless if it does look like geysers and I'm just dumb...

My twitch is here: http://www.twitch.tv/amethystblack

Tonight is a classic Fire Blast, again from mde.

ZUhIoLf.gif

...and, I guess by association, Thunder Wave/paralysis too. -.-

Paralysis mine, Thunder Wave Inuki's.

I think it was Inuki anyway... can't remember...

Ayyyye! Looking good there. So glad to see the quality has been kept. Can't wait for stuff like Sucker Punch(and for adding an animation to inevitably break that move. Again. Why does essentials hate Sucker Punch?)and for me personally, I REALLY wanna see what animations for Leaf Storm and Scald end up looking like. Two of my favorite moves there.

• Developers

Ayyyye! Looking good there. So glad to see the quality has been kept. Can't wait for stuff like Sucker Punch(and for adding an animation to inevitably break that move. Again. Why does essentials hate Sucker Punch?)and for me personally, I REALLY wanna see what animations for Leaf Storm and Scald end up looking like. Two of my favorite moves there.

I swear, if I have to fix sucker punch all over again, someone is gonna get hurt.

On a serious note, I'm intrigued about what a lot of the legendary signature moves will look like, myself.