[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ame I bet ya it's snowing at Ametrine right now as we speak :P

On a more related note, some of them names seem blurred is that intentional due to it maybe being a spoiler of whos to come in the next episode?

I bet you $10,000 that the blurred lines are Sirius, Solaris, and Lin (try as I might though, i couldn't find this on pastebin.)

EDIT: I realize by looking at character lengths, and the fact that it makes sense, that it's not Lin, but Taka, meaning that Lin either dies before it matters or building a reputation with her is worthless.

haha, yeaaaaah her gym is definitely not the sort of gym that could have a TV in it..

No, and there's no solution. Most choices aren't recorded at all, so it can't be applied to existing save files. I actually wasn't even going to put them in until E19, but I figured at least this way it can be pre-existing in -some- save files.

I did finish all of the relationship variable stuff today, and having done it all I really regret that not doing it sooner. There's a lot of things I would have liked to have handled differently had the variables been in place. But, oh well. It's not the worst thing to have them take effect mainly at the end of the story, since that's when they'll be most greatly varied anyway.

For the sake of interest, here's my record of each character and the maximum-minimum points you can get so far. It's not even or consistent, and that's just fine with me.

NHfbQfB.png

Yeah, I'd assume the minimum and maximum would vary by character as some get a lot more screen time than others. I do find it a bit funny (in a good way) that Fern has one of the highest max relationship values so far.

Also changed the tania diary scene so you don't have to look at it, and made some changes to the weather system support the TV reports.

CL0vL3nW8AAmmMi.jpg

Edited by Mighty Kamina

haha, yeaaaaah her gym is definitely not the sort of gym that could have a TV in it..

So the idea of a scrapyard being designed to look like a Colosseum wasn't as farfetched as I originally though. Oh well, it's not like you get power out in the desert anyways.

I bet you $10,000 that the blurred lines are Sirius, Solaris, and Lin (try as I might though, i couldn't find this on pastebin.)

EDIT: I realize by looking at character lengths, and the fact that it makes sense, that it's not Lin, but Taka, meaning that Lin either dies before it matters or building a reputation with her is worthless.

It's my job to throw a wrenches into your guys's ways of thinking. Remember that silhouette in the odd start screen, that's one possible character blurred and we don't exactly know the name of that character. It's also possible Corey or Kiki could have relationship values despite not being well...alive as they still have characters who had connections like Cal, Victoria, and Heather. That's ONLY if you count Reborn leaders though.

There's also a couple kind of important NPCs. Amethyst could be one on that list well...because she's in charge of the league. We also have Archie and Maxwell who do have a small part in the story. The three of them could also be ZEL (or the one with the relation value). There's really too many for me to even take a guess at who would have the value (but I honestly doubt Sirius, Solaris, and probably not Taka would be the blurred lines).

So Anna Shade (and for some reason Ark) will like us (or at least be neutral) no matter what we do...i wonder why is that. Now i just have to discover how to get max points with everyone (except Fern and Titania...oh and El).

I love the new relationship points system. It'll make it feel like you're actually affecting people. Hopefully the different point levels will unlock different versions of dialogue. I can't wait to be able to play the game in its completed form. It's going to be practically a whole new game with all these changes. Waiting for episodes takes away so much momentum. I still wish we had multiple save slots so we wouldn't have to rename, move the old files in order to keep them.

So will there be an option for people that has finished E15 to change that scene ? Because i never wanted to look at someone's diary, but i'm not gonna start a new save just to see how it would play out. Also, reading diary -> Amaria finding out -> Ama + Tania jump down the waterfall -> the whole stuff in E15. If we can leave the diary on its own, how will all of that event happen ?

So will there be an option for people that has finished E15 to change that scene ? Because i never wanted to look at someone's diary, but i'm not gonna start a new save just to see how it would play out. Also, reading diary -> Amaria finding out -> Ama + Tania jump down the waterfall -> the whole stuff in E15. If we can leave the diary on its own, how will all of that event happen ?

Well, if you don't tell Amaria, she just reads Tania's diary herself, so... I'm guessing something along those lines happens while you wait for Tania to return with Surf.

No longer sure how I want to do the TV Weather Report since it varies on region and time as opposed to certain days.

My original plan was to have the report vary between which TV you're checking in from so that it accounts for region, and say something like "It'll be like X over the next few days", but 'few days' is really muddy (weather cycles are 5-days now) and would appear inaccurate if someone checked on the last day of a cycle, and some regions will be fairly static (it's sunny in the desert w o w what a surprise)

...actually I'm not sure there will be any TVs in the desert, so maybe that's a moot point, but still. snowing in ametrine???? no way.

I'm open to thoughts on the matter.

I think it might be best if you have the game keep track of how far into each weather cycle it is, and reflect this in the report.

For instance:

"We're in the _th day of our current five-day weather system for the Chrysolia Region!

[REPORT COMMENCES]"

For the sake of interest, here's my record of each character and the maximum-minimum points you can get so far. It's not even or consistent, and that's just fine with me.

NHfbQfB.png

Ha! I really like how you can gauge each character's personality type just based on the range of their relationship variables.

For instance, Titania is a character who judges people heavily based on their decisions, so her opinion of you can either be really positive (+5) or extremely negative (-8).

On the other hand, the more enigmatic characters (Anna and Shade) - who know a little more than we do - can warm up to you if you perform actions that they agree with, but they won't exactly fault you or think less of you for doing the opposite.

(Also, dayum, Serra. Negative SEVEN? I didn't think we even associated with you long enough to make you hate us that much)

Edited by Foamy

I'm assuming Amaria goes down the waterfall either way (she finds out by reading the diary herself in front of you, prior to Titania giving you the Surf TMX?), since her losing her memory is also kind of important to the story. Although I would absolutely play the game twice if Ame were to solve this by splitting the timeline, but it would be very complicated - assuming nothing is changed from the pre-E16 content storywise.

I think it might be best if you have the game keep track of how far into each weather cycle it is, and reflect this in the report.

For instance:

"We're in the _th day of our current five-day weather system for the Chrysolia Region!

[REPORT COMMENCES]"

Ha! I really like how you can gauge each character's personality type just based on the range of their relationship variables.

For instance, Titania is a character who judges people heavily based on their decisions, so her opinion of you can either be really positive (+5) or extremely negative (-8).

On the other hand, the more enigmatic characters (Anna and Shade) - who know a little more than we do - can warm up to you if you perform actions that they agree with, but they won't exactly fault you or think less of you for doing the opposite.

(Also, dayum, Serra. Negative SEVEN? I didn't think we even associated with you long enough to make you hate us that much)

Hardy is right behind her with a -6.. but I am sure we all know which choice would make us a negative in his eyes :ph34r:

Anyway, the hype is real.. I even told myself I wouldnt start new playthroughs until ep19 but alas.. this has too many changes to pass up

If you don't read the diary then how does Amaria get to her failed suicide attempt? Does she walk in and be like "oh hey look a diary"?

Maybe she finds it herself, since it was kinda left wide open and stuff.. There are enough ways to modify the scene into her finding out even without your "help" I'd say

This is getting hype, I can't wait to see what these relationship values will end up doing in the end: new side quests, pseudo dating sim, only time will tell. I have mixed feelings about not being able to read Titania's diary, on one hand invading someone's privacy like that is a pretty scumbag thing to do, on the other hand I never really felt that bad about reading it ( though I did feel pretty bad about what it lead to)because the game is an RPG and picking up/reading/doing EVERYTHING is kinda the point of an RPG just cause you never know what you might get ( examples: FF7, Borderlands, skyrim ). Though I guess it is pretty cool that we get a choice now, makes the game feel more personal and I'm not gonna complain about that. Also, really intrigued to see how that scene will play out if we don't read it.

No, and there's no solution. Most choices aren't recorded at all, so it can't be applied to existing save files. I actually wasn't even going to put them in until E19, but I figured at least this way it can be pre-existing in -some- save files.

...O_o Then all the that completed the Episode 15 is have to start all over again? All the excitement that I had has become in ashes... :(:(:(

...O_o Then all the that completed the Episode 15 is have to start all over again? All the excitement that I had has become in ashes... :(:(:(

One of the coolest things I find about each new episode is replaying the game and seeing how much the earlier parts of the game have been improved/changed. The game feels quite a bit more refined from when I first played it back when episode 12 was the newest release, so I'm actually kinda hyped to start all over again and see what's new. This relationship value system is making me believe we might have a few more dialogue choices than before, but then again that's just idle speculation.

Edited by Mighty Kamina