[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

so this is what i've been working on for the past few days, and having finished it from scratch i am actually super proud of how well it came out

f5d2oQj.png

as for what it's for, well, you're free to guess, but it's not like i'll say if you get it right. ^~^

If I had to take a wild guess, it's the enemy battle base to accompany Anna's starry field?

The image is 256 px wide and so are all the other "enemybase" files in the appropriate graphics folder of the game. Ame hinted a while ago that the revamped Meteor Mash animation background may double as a battlefield background. I suspect the rock above will replace "enemybaseEliteD.png" in the graphics folder.

Edited by BravoDelta

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to take a wild guess, it's the enemy battle base to accompany Anna's starry field?

The image is 256 px wide and so are all the other "enemybase" files in the appropriate graphics folder of the game. Ame hinted a while ago that the revamped Meteor Mash animation background may double as a battlefield background. I suspect the rock above will replace "enemybaseEliteD.png" in the graphics folder.

That's an interesting guess, but I took a look at the battlebases and compared them to the rock and this rock doesn't seem like it would fit. It seems too vertically large for it to be a battlebase, even if you cut all but the top side of it off.

Edited by aquawaffle

That's an interesting guess, but I took a look at the battlebases and compared them to the rock and this rock doesn't seem like it would fit. It seems too vertically large for it to be a battlebase, even if you cut all but the top side of it off.

Only one way to find out:

post-58372-0-16787100-1445846720_thumb.png

Edited by BravoDelta

There's a few things it could be other than heralding our doom, as I said before. Battle base is a decent guess but the image looks a bit off to me personally, for reasons mentioned above. As a side note, it also just...looks weird when a Trainer is standing on it. My main guesses are as follows: Some part of a field effect backround, or a part of an actual cutscene a la Emerald's descent of Rayquaza to stop Kyogre and Groudon's clash. Other than that, I've got absolutely nothing.

so this is what i've been working on for the past few days, and having finished it from scratch i am actually super proud of how well it came out

f5d2oQj.png

as for what it's for, well, you're free to guess, but it's not like i'll say if you get it right. ^~^

Deoxys first stage - Rock form

O.P

Deoxys first stage - Rock form

O.P

I can imagine his tentacles just creeping out of the holes in the rocks. And then a Mega-Rayquaza appears from outta nowhere, ridden by none other than Techie Jonathan.

Edited by wytch_doctr

Judging by it looking like a meteor fragment/stage of some kind, and by the teaser dialogue which I'm presuming to be Lin speaking; I'm guessing it's the battlefield where we fight Lin, the leader of Team Meteor. A man can hope!

Edited by LJS

No. Quaza just needs to learn Dragon Ascent to mega evolve. It's the only pokemon that mega evolve with a move.

...Yes, after it's ingested enough meteorites to simulate the energy of a Mega Stone.

Rayquaza has to learn Dragon Ascent to mega evolve, yes.

Regardless if it has ingested enough meteorites or whatever, as the organ with-a-power-equivalent-to-a-mega-stone in Rayquaza's body is always filled with enough energy to enable mega evolution. in game, that is.

think of it like this: Dragon Ascent is its mega stone.

the ACTUAL mega stone is the organ which is powered by Rayquaza consuming meteorites while flying and stuff, but in game we dont get to see it eat meteorites bc aint no one got time fo dat.

so basically, this...THING Ame created for E16 has nothing to do with Rayquaza or it's mega-evolution. but we don't know for sure, huh?

• Developers

Y'know, I see people saying it'd look weird as a battle base and I'm sitting here thinking that the example screenshot posted looks really awesome. Honestly, I think the blank background makes it even better, it'd be interesting to see, if it is the case, what battlebase the playe would get alongside it.

Given the size and shading of the... rock... I'm almost certain it's a battle platform. It looks big, but most of it is covered up by your Pokemon's HP bar anyways.

The rock is going much farther under where the hp bar is than it should be. The fact that it's even going under the screen is the problem.

None of the other battle bases are this big. and they are all flat circles(except the Circus battlebase, that one is a square because of the unique field, but it's still a flat surface with a proper shape). This base is giant, is at a weird angle, and looks nothing like the other battlebases.

Wonder what's up with all the holes.

What if it is a battle-base, but it is reserved for a potential battle against a legendary, which would be more accommodating of such a large sprite. I can't think of way to justify this in the overworld, as its showcased in a top down view and would strange if an object was angled with the top and front side visible in this manner, and it's not like we're treated to any dynamic camera angles which can justify its presence. That reserves it for being used in the battle scene. Where it is also angled in a BIT of a strange way, but ultimately faces us like other platforms.

This wouldn't be our first battle against a legendary either. We've already battled an Arceus (okay fine ditto) and Mewtwo in previous episodes. I wouldn't find it out of place if we find ourselves battling another legendary next time.