Cool stuff you'd like to see in Reborn

Mint_Spaghetti

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing with the volume off for a while, since I ride my bike a lot and I noticed that everytime I'm on my bike the music is the same.

Could that change?

I would think it'd be really cool if the stairs got a little review. When you go up or down large stairs (like in the opal ward or north obsidia), you appear to go up/down and sideways. I figure it's a tricky thing to program, but it works well if you walk close to the edge of the stairs.

I'd like to be able to team up with a pokemon, especially a legendary, in battle against Team Meteor or in some sort of sidequest with the opportunity to obtain them afterwards. It could work with pokemon able to communicate/empathize well with humans like the Lake Guardians. I mean, Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie aren't too OP to have by the later part of the game.

Edited by Nanami's-Egg

cut scene animations are great, but they, well, need to be animated. to do so at an acceptable level of quality and consistency would take much longer than i think anyone here is willing to wait for a new episode.

...Do you know of any sprite artists/animators who know how to code cutscenes into RPG Maker? Such a person (or group of persons) could work on the cutscenes while you and the rest of the team work on the new episode.

I would love some kind of Arena where you can only use a type, aka Steel vs Steel or Fire vs Fire. The pokemon that you use can be dual type (Magnezone is Steel+Electric), but 1 of its type has to be the same as the Arena. That'll be fun. Just imagine Grass vs Grass, the stall is real.

Just imagine Grass vs Grass, the stall is real.

Abomasnow was sent out.

The hail started to fall.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard...

I would love some kind of Arena where you can only use a type, aka Steel vs Steel or Fire vs Fire. The pokemon that you use can be dual type (Magnezone is Steel+Electric), but 1 of its type has to be the same as the Arena. That'll be fun. Just imagine Grass vs Grass, the stall is real.

It'd be cool if mono-types got a buff from the field, as an incentive to run them.

Abomasnow was sent out.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

The same can be said for Volcarona in Bug type. The problem is getting it. And Abomasnow has problems with Ferro, and can be stalled by Amoonguss.

Edited by biboo195

As a Mac user, one of the basic things I'd love is an in-game volume slider. Because at the moment, my only chance to listen to the music of Reborn is to turn my volume down literally as low as it will go and bear the a-little-loud-for-comfort music while adjusting everything else. I normally play with the music off in order to hear things going on around me, which is a real shame considering how much I like what I've heard of it.

So while I know this isn't a problem for many players, could we get an in-game volume adjust option?

This is probably my biggest complaint about the game as it is right now (including the more or less persistent lag which is because my machine's 6 years old)…I'm on a Mac, so the music and sounds are so overbearingly loud on any volume with headphones in I have to have them turned off…I don't want to, I'd love to hear the music you all put into the game, and I'm sure it'd enhance the experience, but as it is I just can't handle it. If there was a volume option, I'd be absolutely thrilled…until then though I'm pretty much forced to play in silence.

Abomasnow was sent out.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

Abomasnow used Blizzard.

and so began the ICE AGE

• 1 month later...

I know this is a very small thing, but you know how moves have differently colored outlines based on what type they are? Like here and here? I really wish Hidden Power did that depending on what type you get. I know that there's online Hidden Power calcs, lists and even people in-game that'll tell you which type your Pokemon have, but it'd just be a neat touch, especially if you went out of your way to breed a specific Hidden Power.

I know this is a very small thing, but you know how moves have differently colored outlines based on what type they are? Like here and here? I really wish Hidden Power did that depending on what type you get. I know that there's online Hidden Power calcs, lists and even people in-game that'll tell you which type your Pokemon have, but it'd just be a neat touch, especially if you went out of your way to breed a specific Hidden Power.

That'd be pretty neat actually. But in the official games HP was always marked with the normal color anyway :/

But if it could be done, it'd be a nice touch to Reborn~

We need phones /o/

Triple and Rotation battles, unless they are impossible or too time-consuming to implement. What if you could decide the format for each Gym Leader battle, like how you choose Single/Double/Rotation in GameFreaks games in Battle Tower or Chateau? This would, however, remove the "Leader's preference" aspect and replace it with the "challenger's preference", not to mention it adds lot of extra work. I mean, if you battled Charlotte or Aya in Singles, Heat Wave and Sludge Wave are less of a threat, thus potentially making the gyms easier.

Jobs/Tasks would be nice, but then again they kinda already are in the game. You just don't need to go to a separate building and accept/report them.

I'd honestly love to see Pokemon get a secondary typing that would fit well for them even though they originally don't have it.

Like for Luxray

Electric & Dark.

Ame wants Reborn as close to the games as possible, so she hasn't added anything new besides Field Effects and other standard fan-game things. I don't think we'll be getting that.

However, some people on the forums have been working on a community project, where they alter a Pokemon's Ability, moveset, typing, etc. to make it stronger. You can find the exact thread in the Fan-Game Expose. (Sorry, on mobile, so it's harder for me to link it).