I'm wondering the same thing as Notus' first question, but I'm thinking about a certain Kobold Wizard who could be turned into a Victonari Sorcerer while keeping most of his other details the same.

Edited by K_H

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, of course it is still accepting sign-ups. THe IC is a bit of a ways off and this is a PvP based team based affair. As you will note... each team has four ???? slots. I intend to fill as many with players as possible and the rest will be NPCs that I create in a similar fashion to you folks.

and @ Notus, I dunno man. It will probably be pretty fast paced at first when it does get up because it is a bit PvP based... those sections at least I perceive to go pretty quickly. I can explain more how things will be set-up once things get into action but for now going to have to leave you in the dark. I do have pretty easy ways of disposing of PCs in the Clash of Fates however... as it's host is a bit...interesting to say the least. You'll meet him soon enough.

OK, then! I will Update my Char to better fit this RP, and i will be putting him here.

Name: Khe'mako Lotaris

Archetype: Sorcerer

Race: Victonari

Appearance: 3'0", bluish-silvery scales, blue-green eyes, Dark Blue Tunic, indigo-colored robes, black leathery gloves, and a four-foot long copper staff that he uses as a walking stick and a weapon.

Personality: Calm, clever, and kind, unless you ask him why he's so short. In that case, you might as well have activated a small bomb.

Signature Spells/Skills:

• Dragonblood Trait: Blue Dragon - Sorcerer
  • Dragonblood Trait: Silver Dragon - Sorcerer
  • Signature-level Spell (Active Trait): Hypershock: Allows him to inject a massive amount of Electricity into a small area of targets (Area of effect: a sphere with a one-meter radius), but requires intense focus and leaves him in a weakened and vulnerable state for about half a minute afterwards as a side effect. While in this state, he takes double damage from all Magical Sources he can normally be hit by, and can be hit by Magic Sources he's normally immune to. It also can only be used once an hour.
  • Signature-level Spell (Active Trait): Glaciation: Allows him to completely freeze an area the size of roughly a football field under a thick sheet of Ice, but the Spell requires him to focus, can only be used once a day, and leaves him vulnerable to Lightning and Frost Spells.

Background: (WIP)

Edited by K_H

@Exlink, while I think it is a pretty good backstory... perhaps drop the scale a bit. I don't mind villages or small towns etc... that sorta of stuff, but whole Kingdoms are sorta hard to justify in some way that they existed at some point and have never been heard of or have had no real importance in the world of Graterras. So... it is a bit weird to have a Kingdom crop up for one character to come form, but never be heard of ever again. So, while like the overall direction etc... of your backstory, dropping the scale to maybe that of a village's size would be best. ((Like maybe instead of an entire Kingdom, it is just a small village and rather than Princes of an entire Nation [which would somehow have to be fit into Graterras... which is rather hard to do since I know my world's Nations already lol.] they just be the heirs of some Village chief etc.))

I'd just prefer people not create entire new Empires/Nations in my world. Small clans, villages, towns etc, not much an issue. Entire Nations? Bit over-reaching lol. Keep in mind All of the Nations of Graterras are Island Nations. There just isn't room for any other ones to exist.

It's fine lol. It happens ya know?

And yea... I don't think I quite realized it at the time either Murdoc lol. It might need some changing after all. ((apparently even I can make mistakes... who knew?)). Though it might be easy to fix, just having it be some land locked rival house. Nobles fought over land all the time especially in the Olden days of Graterras.

Name: Marcus Arthai

Archetype: Paladin (Cinder Knight)

Race: Human

-Appearance: 1,80 meter tall, lean and strong. He has dark green eyes, coal black hair and generally wears a good quality red and black light armor with his family arms embroidered on it. He carries a red shield in his back and a bastard sword on his waist, both family relics. Marcus is actually almost twenty one and has all the energy of youth.

-Personality Overview: Marcus is a young man with a fiery soul. He never backs off from a fight, even when he should, and is as hot headed as it can get. He often gets angry over small stuff, but despite that he's a loyal and passionate man who will always defend those he deems his friends and has a hunger for challenging the unknown.

Signature Moves/Spells/Skills:

1)Signature Fighting Style: Sword and Board Style- Paladin.

2)Toggle Skill: Sharp Fire

This skill consists on Marcus heating up his sword's blade to the point it can cut through virtually anything. It embodies his will to never let any obstacle stop him from reaching his goals.

3)Active Skill: Lightining Charge

A head on charge in which Marcus has his body and surroundings electrified. During it's use he can cast lightining bolts with his sword, touching and getting near him will result in a tremendous shock. It's short term skill and once over, however, will leave him with symptoms of being electrified himself. It represents his last fight and the skills he never got to learn in his order.

4)Passive Skill: Godess Gift of the Chosen

Basically a one time ressurection. Represents the real ressurection granted to him in life during the events of "Graterras: A World in Peril".

Background:

" Marcus is the youngest son of a rich merchant family from the City of Eternal Ash. His older brother was always favored by his parents (at least on his point of view) and is to inherit the family's business when their father passes away.

The one member of the family who developed a bond with the young man was his grandfather, a calm and religious man, devoted to Pyron.

Eager to prove his worth and influenced by his grandfather, Marcus joins the Cinder Knights, becoming a skilled warrior. Now he's out on the wide world, hungry for glory, fame and adventure."

[...]

After setting sail for the Shadowed Islands, Marcus is faced with a devastating monster known as "The Gentleman". After being killed by it, and granted a second chance by the Godess of Light, Marcus joins a group of adventurers set to save Graterras from the monster's clutch.

In the way the warriors face many challenges and get to know each other well. Marcus starts to feel different about one of his companions, the ranger Jupiter, but just then the group has to face one of the Gentleman's generals - a werewolf called Ashnard. In the fight that follows, Marcus is slayed by Ashnard inside a cage of lightining, leaving behind the unfulfilled wishes of reconciliation with his family, helping his friends saving Graterras and his love for Jupiter.

(More at: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7827&page=2)

How's it like?

Marcus does have the advantage of having been played in an RP I hosted so I do know the character pretty well lol.

On a last note for the Final Signature... hmmm... that is a toughie. Cause it is a Pooooooooowerful effect like... damn. It totally makes sense and I get what you are going for. ((Cause Lumabella did bring him back once etc...)) I will really have to think on it. Like it is one that Imma have a tough time on to be very frank lol.

I figured that much. XD Thing is, when I thought about that it was so fitting I couldn't pass up (+ it reminds me of Heracles' Noble Phantasm sooo...)

Maybe we could tone it down with a drawback? Suggestions?

• Support Squad

I figured that much. XD Thing is, when I thought about that it was so fitting I couldn't pass up (+ it reminds me of Heracles' Noble Phantasm sooo...)

Maybe we could tone it down with a drawback? Suggestions?

I imagine being reanimated multiple times would leave the soul as somewhat more tattered than it was when first brought into the world. Perhaps he is spiritually weakened?

Uhmn, dunno if Marcus would be like that. Maybe he would get a little shaken by the recent death, but otherwise I think he would gladly grab the chance of fixing things. It's all he wishes for after all.

• Support Squad

No, I meant it in the oddly literal sense. I'm making assumptions here really, Huk may have decided souls don't exist and it's some other form of life force in this world and they work completely differently but in most cases resurrection involves influencing the soul or spirit. Forcing it into a body I imagine would put a strain on it. Twice more so. So it would be kinda weakened. So Marcus would be weak to attacks dealing with any kind of magic to do with the spirit. Again, this is going off of a srain of logic that not only can be subjective for the author but also may be xompletely denied by huks magic system. It's just a thought in line with Marcuses backstory though.

Well, I am assuming it is a one off type of deal like... bam if it works it never works again. Which... could be something that makes it somewhat more balanced. ((since using a whole signature slot on something that isn't permanent or used more than once is a pretty big drawback.)), however, the power of having a second life in the Clash of Fates is immensely powerful as it is a duel to the death between a bunch of factions. So, I'd have to say it needs some noticeable drawback to keep it.

And just in case you forgot. It was Lumabella that saved you on that fateful day lol. ((Better hope there are no guys in Half Angel half Demon suits of armour walking about. Or Lightning Powered Werewolves. They didn't seem to good for Marcus's health the last time we saw those things in combination.))

But, yea in conclusion there, it needs a pretty big drawback if you are going to get a second chance lol. It is a suuuuper powerful boon to have even as a One Off thing.

• Support Squad

It could also be that your offensive power is limited but the defense is boosted. So you are essentially just KOed for that fight, not straight up killed

On, that whole... new body thing. I can't actually explain that without most likely spoiling something in the story of this... so... yea XD.

What I will say is that Normally, the Soul has an affinity with the Body, Mind and Knowledge that it originally is a part of. Normally when people die in Graterras, 3 of those elements are released while the Body returns to the Earth. The Soul, Mind and Knowledge then are typically picked up by Mortimo's Avatars, or one of the Five Reapers. They ferry them to the afterlife. However... theoretically, they can be affixed to any body though they will not have a 100% tie to it. In Marcus's Case as well as the other heros in Graterras Original, their Bodies were recreated by Lumabella, therefore... they were perfect copies of the originals. This is due to the fact that Lumabella can perfectly read Souls of individuals being the Lady of Individualism she can use the blueprint of her perfect soul... and imprint it onto others and recreate the body that matches that soul. So, the first cheat was as if nothing happened. ((bu as the Gods are bound to not meddle in the affairs of Mortals... there were serious repercussions for that which I don't have the time to discuss lol.)). However... This power's drawback could be it's imcompleteness, that it isn't the right body... and that makes him much weaker the second time around. ((still strong, but weaker than normal.)) as a Full Link cannot be made between the soul and the Body. ((hell... it would probably waste away quickly, the body not being able to handle holding a soul it wasn't meant to etc...))

[...] a Full Link cannot be made between the soul and the Body. ((hell... it would probably waste away quickly, the body not being able to handle holding a soul it wasn't meant to etc...))

^ Nice idea actually. What about the ressurection putting him on a timer? Like, after he uses it, he´s got a limited lifespan and therefore must win the Clash within that time. It would be quite interesting to play something like that.

If he can take out 3 Divine Knights in that amount of time... oh boyo... Cause... you guys will have to fight them. And if them having 9 Signatures was't enough to signify they are tough... they are bloody tough. After all, the goal of each team is to eliminate all members of the Opposing Forces. This includes the Knights. Better hope Marcus doesn't get popped early huh? Luckily... there will be no Lightning Cages with Lightning Werewolves... maybe he has a chance.

But yea, it would certainly give it a draw back if it had a limited timespan before he just withers away yet again. Like... he would probably act more reckless etc... knowing he is on the clock now yadda yadda.

Weeell, that´s what teamwork is for right XD. If you´re ok with it, I´d accept this drawback with no problem at all. As for the amount of time of his second life, I think you might have a better idea of how much is good.