Gym Leader Help Thread

Jan

As before, i think you need a quagsire just for Lanturn. That pokemon could potientfully sweep your team, and quagsire is perfect counter with learing earthquake in level 36.

The field effect doesn't allow ground type moves at all, Quagsire isn't great against Valarie. I made one based on this post as well, just to find that out :P

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many of her Pokemon have Ice Beam, all of which outspeed Gloom(they most likely still would even without the speed reduction from the field effect), for that to really be a viable option. I'm playing on Intense, btw. I ended up having to cheese it, unfortunately. I had a large supply of MooMoo Milk, so I used them to Toxistall her team. Normally I would just find good counters and EV train them up, but EV training isn't an option at the part of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with Valerie.

Ampharos Lv. 40

Modest

Static

Power Gem, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Discharge

Greninja Lv. 45

Adamant

Protean

Smacks own, X-Scissor, Substitute, Water Pulse

Vanillish Lv. 40

Impish

Ice Body

Acid Armor, Will-O-Wisp, Ice Beam, Avalanche

Toxicroak Lv. 42

Adamant

Poison Touch

Zen Headbutt, Sucker Punch, Revenge, Venoshock

Houndoom Lv. 41

Naive

Early Bird

Feint Attack, Beat Up, Rock Smash, Fire Fang

Blaziken Lv. 45

Naughty

Speed Boost

Double Kick, Quick Attack, Bulk Up, Blaze Kick

Pokemon in the PC:

Nidorino, Noibat, Nuzleaf, Gothita, Yamask, Meditite, Mawile (Modest nature)

Any advice on beating her?

I'm having trouble with Valerie.

Ampharos Lv. 40

Modest

Static

Power Gem, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Discharge

Greninja Lv. 45

Adamant

Protean

Smacks own, X-Scissor, Substitute, Water Pulse

Vanillish Lv. 40

Impish

Ice Body

Acid Armor, Will-O-Wisp, Ice Beam, Avalanche

Toxicroak Lv. 42

Adamant

Poison Touch

Zen Headbutt, Sucker Punch, Revenge, Venoshock

Houndoom Lv. 41

Naive

Early Bird

Feint Attack, Beat Up, Rock Smash, Fire Fang

Blaziken Lv. 45

Naughty

Speed Boost

Double Kick, Quick Attack, Bulk Up, Blaze Kick

Pokemon in the PC:

Nidorino, Noibat, Nuzleaf, Gothita, Yamask, Meditite, Mawile (Modest nature)

Any advice on beating her?

Your team isnt too bad tbh, Drop the 2 fire types you have in your party, pick up nuzleaf if you have a leaf stone, if not then just pick up Gothita and Yamask, since their evos are pretty bulky. Ampharos and Twave should help you out a lot as well. If you have a ability capsule, change Toxicroak's ability to dry skin, so it is immune to water moves. Also make sure you train everyone up to at least 44-45, you can battle the breeder for exp. Another thing you could do is catch a Dustox from the grass area, It gets Toxic and Light screen, so that could help you out as well.

Your team isnt too bad tbh, Drop the 2 fire types you have in your party, pick up nuzleaf if you have a leaf stone, if not then just pick up Gothita and Yamask, since their evos are pretty bulky. Ampharos and Twave should help you out a lot as well. If you have a ability capsule, change Toxicroak's ability to dry skin, so it is immune to water moves. Also make sure you train everyone up to at least 44-45, you can battle the breeder for exp. Another thing you could do is catch a Dustox from the grass area, It gets Toxic and Light screen, so that could help you out as well.

What specific attacks should I use for Shiftry then? Special or Physical (since it is a docile nature).

• Veterans

What specific attacks should I use for Shiftry then? Special or Physical (since it is a docile nature).

Since a docile nature has no effect on the base stats whatsoever, it doesn't really matter what's a better option, you just gotta look at the base stats. Shiftry has a higher base Attack stat (100), so physical would be a better choice, although its special attack stat isn't that bad either (90). Both would work, although attack better than sp. attack at least c:

It learns extrasensory as a Nuzleaf at level 49 (which it doesn't as a Shiftry), so maybe you can take that one as well. Aside from that, it also learns Leaf Storm and a few grass attacks that might be useful, but you're better off by looking into what moves it can learn by TM. I'd keep the list with available TM's in Rejuvenation next to it while you decide on a moveset for Shiftry.

Edited by Mettaton

This maybe slightly off the topic but I kinda skipped the 3rd gym. Faced no issues until I had to use surf for the first time in terajuma jungle.. It tells me I need a new badge. I'm stuck! Can't go back either :(

Attaching my saved file

post this in Bug reporting thread or Save file troubleshooting

The field effect doesn't allow ground type moves at all, Quagsire isn't great against Valarie. I made one based on this post as well, just to find that out :P

Notice the post i made was from may. The field effect was less powerful and ground moves worked.

So a mistake from you.

• 1 month later...

I'm having some trouble beating narcissa.

Here is my current team.

Camerupt. lvl33

ability- anger point

earth power

flame burst

amnesia

rock slide

Torkoal lvl36

ability- shell armor

flame burst

flamethrower

harden

water pulse

Dusclops lvl39

ability- frisk

confuse ray

shadow punch

will-o-wisp

curse

Houndoom lvl39

ability- flash fire

fire fang

howl

beat up

feint attack

Chesnaught lvl39

ability- bulletproof

spiky shield

leech seed

seed bomb

stacking shot

Emolga lvl 39

acrobatics

nuzzle

spark

double team

Help meh!!!

There's a Lombre on the Wispy Path; Substitute Emolga with it, evolve it in to Ludicolo; Nature Power along with Ludicolo's general bulkiness should give you the ability to wipe most of her team, pack a few potions and maybe a revive/funnel cake if need be.

Ludicolo swept the majority of her team, barring Gengar by itself; if need be you could go back to the tutor and reteach Dusclops Shadow Sneak if you have a Heart Scale, that priority will give you an edge on Gengar. Though, the benefits of Shadow Punch might outweigh it,

Another tip, level up Dusclops one more level and it learns Hex; with Will-O-Wisp it will help having a 130 base + STAB attack with a field bonus.

But, with Ludicolo's Nature Power and Dusclops knowing Hex; you should be able to wipe the floor with her.

Aside from that, your entire team should be at least level 39; once Camerupt is up to par it can potentially sweep a good portion of her team; that and Yawn is a boon when it learns it at level 39.

There's a Lombre on the Wispy Path; Substitute Emolga with it, evolve it in to Ludicolo; Nature Power along with Ludicolo's general bulkiness should give you the ability to wipe most of her team, pack a few potions and maybe a revive/funnel cake if need be.

Ludicolo swept the majority of her team, barring Gengar by itself; if need be you could go back to the tutor and reteach Dusclops Shadow Sneak if you have a Heart Scale, that priority will give you an edge on Gengar. Though, the benefits of Shadow Punch might outweigh it,

Another tip, level up Dusclops one more level and it learns Hex; with Will-O-Wisp it will help having a 130 base + STAB attack with a field bonus.

But, with Ludicolo's Nature Power and Dusclops knowing Hex; you should be able to wipe the floor with her.

Aside from that, your entire team should be at least level 39; once Camerupt is up to par it can potentially sweep a good portion of her team; that and Yawn is a boon when it learns it at level 39.

Thx for the the help I guess I'm going Lombre hunting.

Thx for the the help I guess I'm going Lombre hunting.

It's an event so you'll need a Gourmet Treat; but Ludicolo was surprisingly effective due to Nature Power. While you're going along the lower portion it should be next to the lake just up the stairs.

It's an event so you'll need a Gourmet Treat; but Ludicolo was surprisingly effective due to Nature Power. While you're going along the lower portion it should be next to the lake just up the stairs.

I managed to get Lombre, but where can i get a water stone for ludicolo?

Nvm I got one from the Hidden Library 2 help quest Thanks for all of your help Maybe I can finally beat her now XD

• 3 weeks later...

NARCISSA

[serperior] | [40]
[Miracle seed]
[Contrary]
[Timid]
- Mega drain
- Leaf blade
- Leech seed
- Cut

[Altaria] | [40]
[---]
[Natural cure]
[Calm]
- Disarming voice
- Cotton guard
- Mirror move
- Dragon pulse

[seismitoad] | [40]
[---]
[Water absorb]
[Lax]
- Rock smash
- Muddy water
- Poison sweep
- Bounce

[Exploud] | [40]
[Quick claw]
[scrappy]
[impish]
- Rock smash
- Rest
- Uproar
- Crunch

[swoobat] | [40]
[Twisted spoon]
[Klutz]
[Quirky (yeah, bad nature)]
- Psychic
- Air slash
- Air cutter
- Future sight

[Dusclops] | [40]
[---]
[Pressure]
[Rash]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Shadow punch
- Omnious wind

--PC--
[Houndoom] | [40]
[Floatzel] | [37]
[Garbodor*] | [36]
[Vivillon] | [33]
[spoink] | [30]
[Natu] | [20]
[skitty] | [20]
[(Frisk) Sentret] | [10]

[shadow Bonsly] | [19]
[shadow Vanilite] | [19]

VALARIE (her Milotic f*cked me up, also she switching to counter Perish song :I )

[serperior] | [45]
[Miracle seed]
[Contrary]
[Timid]
- Giga drain
- Leaf blade
- Leech seed
- Cut

[Altaria] | [45]
[---]
[Natural cure]
[Calm]
- Perish song
- Cotton guard
- Mirror move
- Dragon pulse

[seismitoad] | [45]
[---]
[Water absorb]
[Lax]
- Drain punch
- Muddy water
- Poison sweep
- Bounce

[Floatzel] | [43]
[---]
[swift swim]
[serious]
- Rock smash
- Whirlpool
- Aqua jet
- Double hit

[Manectric] | [40] (epic ivs)
[Exp. Share]
[static]
[Naive]
- Thunder wave
- Discharge
- Thunder fang
- Bite

[Quagsire] | [45]
[Quick claw]
[unaware]
[Adamant]
- Slam
- Earthquake
- Amnesia
- Yawn

PC

[spoink] | [30]
[(Magic bounce) Natu] | [20]
[(Frisk) Sentret] | [10]
[shadow Bonsly] | [19]
[shadow Vanilite] | [19]

[Exploud] | [45]
[---]
[scrappy]
[impish]
- Sleep talk
- Rest
- Uproar
- Crunch

[swoobat] | [40]
[Twisted spoon]
[Klutz]
[Quirky]
- Psychic
- Air slash
- Air cutter
- Future sight

[Dusclops] | [42]
[---]
[Pressure]
[Rash]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Shadow punch
- Omnious wind

[Garbodor*] | [45]
[Poison Barb]
[stentch]
[Adamant]
- Take down
- Toxic
- Sludge bomb
- Toxic spikes

[Houndoom] | [44]
[---]
[Early bird]
[Hasty]
- Fire fang
- Beat up
- Rock smah
- Feint attack

[skitty] | [37]
[---]
[Wonder skin]
[Naive]
- Heal bell
- Disarming voice
- Wake-up slap
- Copycat

[Pichu*] | [34] (when will he evolve? e.e)
[---]
[Lightningrod]
[bold]
- Charm
- Thunder Wave
- Sweet kiss
- Nasty plot

[snower] | [36]
[---]
[snow warning]
[Careful]
- Swagger
- Mist
- Ice shard
- Wood hammer

[Vivillon] | [33]
[---]
[Friend guard]
[Hasty]
- Psybeam
- Draining kiss
- Stun spore
- Supersonic

Edited by ShaylaShay

Drop Quagsire, Altaria, and Floatzel, and Add Snover, Garbodor, and Exploud. Train snover into Abomasnow so you will have a nice grass type with you when you fight her. Garbodor sets up tspike and poisons her whole team, I dont think she has a tentacruel iirc. Exploud hits hard with Upraor and is bulky enough to at least live one or two hits.

Hello, this isn't to do with gym help but I don't know where else to put this, but where do I go after defeating kyogre? Been searching for hours and nothing has happened, not even a hint, the only thing I've got is the shadow he key, is that where I go? If so how do I get there?

Hello, this isn't to do with gym help but I don't know where else to put this, but where do I go after defeating kyogre? Been searching for hours and nothing has happened, not even a hint, the only thing I've got is the shadow he key, is that where I go? If so how do I get there?

This would probably be a better place to post for future reference: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13886

Anyway, go north of Kakori Village, use Lava Surf on the lava you couldn't get past before, and continue from there. A tough boss fight is coming up~