Gym Leader Help Thread

Jan

So im stuck at the 3rd gym leader Marionette... (Regular Mode)

My team is:

Noibat Lv 34: Wing Attack Bite Air Cutter Roost

Swoobat Lv 35: Confusion Heart Stamp Air Slash Calm Mind

Torkoal Lv 31: Flame Charge Water Pulse Body Slam Protect

Charizard Lv 35: Wing Attack Dragon Rage Flame Burst Fire Fang

Tangela Lv 28: Poison Powder Wild Charge Cut Mega Drain

Dunsparce Lv 23: Pursuit Take Down Yawn Ancient Power

please help me out Ive been up lietrally 3 hours trying to beat this.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So im stuck at the 3rd gym leader Marionette... (Regular Mode)

My team is:

Noibat Lv 34: Wing Attack Bite Air Cutter Roost

Swoobat Lv 35: Confusion Heart Stamp Air Slash Calm Mind

Torkoal Lv 31: Flame Charge Water Pulse Body Slam Protect

Charizard Lv 35: Wing Attack Dragon Rage Flame Burst Fire Fang

Tangela Lv 28: Poison Powder Wild Charge Cut Mega Drain

Dunsparce Lv 23: Pursuit Take Down Yawn Ancient Power

please help me out Ive been up lietrally 3 hours trying to beat this.

Here is the strat I used for this gym on Intense.

You'll also see how I manipulate the field towards the end, but there isn't a clear usage of it in this battle.

Long story short, get some fighting types and train up your whole team to 34. Unfortunately, none of those 6 pokemon match up well with a single one of hers, but that's all you need to do on "Regular" mode.

Don't expect to beat every gym with the same 6 pokemon you always use and you'll be fine in this game.

You'll also see how I manipulate the field towards the end, but there isn't a clear usage of it in this battle.

Long story short, get some fighting types and train up your whole team to 34. Unfortunately, none of those 6 pokemon match up well with a single one of hers, but that's all you need to do on "Regular" mode.

Don't expect to beat every gym with the same 6 pokemon you always use and you'll be fine in this game.

I managed to do that all fine on Reborn Style.

Well, except Amber where I had to resort to Rain Dance abuse. Also, I was fighting Valarie pre-V7 nerf so I've hit a wall there for a while.

hi i am really desperate for help with the 5 gym the water leader i can't catch anything on the island and my team are very weak against hers

this is my pokemon

dusclop moves hex, curse, shadow ball, shadow sneak

gravel earthquake explosion rock smash and rock throw ability sturdy

manetic odor sleuth bite discharge and quick attack ability lighting rod

hypno hypnosis zen headbutt psybeam and disable

weppinbell without leafstone razor leak knock off acid sweet scent

pidegot roost wing attack quick attack and whirlwind

in pc infarnape flamewheel ember close combat and scratch,

garbidorr poison spikes toxic take down and sludge bomb

explode 40 upror echo rest and crunch

hondomm untrained mawhile untrained

pls is it anything i can do to win i don't want to erase the entire game anything i can cath or something

There is no exit to the palace so I don't know where I could get a fighting type (I have none in my pc either)..... But would a ghost type be helpful or no?

hi i am really desperate for help with the 5 gym the water leader i can't catch anything on the island and my team are very weak against hers

this is my pokemon

pls is it anything i can do to win i don't want to erase the entire game anything i can cath or something

Try cursing her lead with Dusclops, then Manectric should be able to outspeed most of her mons with Discharge. If you have any revives, use them on Manectric if it goes down. Use Garbodor if she has any grass types (can't remember if she does), and Weepinbell as backup.

this is my pokemon

Here's a couple of things you can do. Pretty much drop everything that cant help vs this gym (Graveler, Houndoom, Weepingbell). Then go catch a Dustox, you can find it in the grass on Terajuma Island. It learns Light Screen and Toxic(throw a light clay on as well if you have it). This will help you a ton vs Valarie's team. Also go catch a water pokemon. I say this becuase I believe her lead politoed has Hp Electric regardless of the difficulty mode. So lead with a water pokemon, bait the Hp electric, then switch directly to Manectric to get the lighting rod boost, so you can hit hard with discharge. Also make sure all of your pokemon hit the Lvl Cap, so train up with the pokemon breeder till about lvl 44-45. You should be good now.

Here's a couple of things you can do. Pretty much drop everything that cant help vs this gym (Graveler, Houndoom, Weepingbell). Then go catch a Dustox, you can find it in the grass on Terajuma Island. It learns Light Screen and Toxic(throw a light clay on as well if you have it). This will help you a ton vs Valarie's team. Also go catch a water pokemon. I say this becuase I believe her lead politoed has Hp Electric regardless of the difficulty mode. So lead with a water pokemon, bait the Hp electric, then switch directly to Manectric to get the lighting rod boost, so you can hit hard with discharge. Also make sure all of your pokemon hit the Lvl Cap, so train up with the pokemon breeder till about lvl 44-45. You should be good now.

She leads with a Lanturn now, but yeah, you can bait the Volt Switch.

Really? I just battled her not too long ago in V8, and she led Politoed, unless you're talking about Normal version, I only know the intense version teams, but Raze Sawr if you are playing on Normal version, I guess scrap the the part about the water type, cuz even if she does lead Lanturn, hard switching to Manectric could be useless, since Lanturn gets volt absorb.

I need help with Anna. Her Gardevoir sweeps my whole team and I have no idea how to deal with it as I'm stuck in BlackSteeple Castle.

[Anna in Blacksteeple Castle]
--Your current team--
Medicham | 42
No item
Pure Power
Careful
High Jump Kick
Force Palm
Detect
Confusion

Scolipede | 37
No item
Poison Point
Impish
Venoshock
Poison Tail
Protect
Bug Bite

Dusclops | 39
No item
Pressure
Bold
Curse
Shadow Punch
Will o wisp
Confuse Ray

Pangoro | 44
Quick Claw
Scrappy
Lonely
Crunch
Work Up
Karate Chop
Body Slam

Vanillish | 39
No Item
Ice Body
Lax
Mirror Shot
Will o Wisp
Acid Armor
Ice Beam

Houndoom | 39
No item
Early Bird
Lonely
Fire Fang
Bite
Beat Up
Rock Smash
----
--Notable Pokemon in your PC--
Onix 30
Tangela 35
Mightyena 36
Electrode 38
Xatu 36
Combusken 28

Well your best bet is to go back to the Cabin behind the trees, and grind there, so your pokemon can get stronger. And why arent you using Blaziken it gets speed boost, it'll be able to outspeed the Gardevoir

Anyone has tips for Crawli on version 8? My team is... well, it's currently changing. Well, I kinda revamped it like, thrice against Crawli. Well, the constant three currently are:

Noivern (level 49)

Air Slash

Super Fang

Bite

Tailwind

Altaria (46)

Disarming Voice

Perish Song

Dragon Pulse

Take Down

Dusclops (46)

Shadow Sneak

Hex

Will o Wisp

Confuse Ray

My starter is a Greninja and I plan on using his Smack Down on the Vespiqueen, but he mostly dies off quickly, which is why last time I didn't use him some times. If there is any recommended Pokemon for this fight, I will gladly catch it to use. I am running out of ideas. I can't use my Stall/Badly Poison strategy this time because I can't find the Moo Moo Milk seller anymore for some reason.

Anyone has tips for Crawli on version 8? My team is... well, it's currently changing. Well, I kinda revamped it like, thrice against Crawli. Well, the constant three currently are:

Noivern (level 49)

Air Slash

Super Fang

Bite

Tailwind

Altaria (46)

Disarming Voice

Perish Song

Dragon Pulse

Take Down

Dusclops (46)

Shadow Sneak

Hex

Will o Wisp

Confuse Ray

My starter is a Greninja and I plan on using his Smack Down on the Vespiqueen, but he mostly dies off quickly, which is why last time I didn't use him some times. If there is any recommended Pokemon for this fight, I will gladly catch it to use. I am running out of ideas. I can't use my Stall/Badly Poison strategy this time because I can't find the Moo Moo Milk seller anymore for some reason.

Well for starters, try catching a Graveler or Boldore with sturdy, they both learn Stealth rock which pretty much destroys Crawli. Noivern and Dusclops are good pokemon, but I dont really see what use Altaria will have now and in the long run. Greninja is an all around good pokemon, just becuase it didnt work out once or twice, doesnt mean you should get rid of it. And on Crawli's field it's always raining, so Greninja does have some use, like finishing off weak pokemon cuz it's so fast and versatile. And from there I'd say, just start using whatever you want. Find some strong useable pokemon that'll help you in many situations. You could use a good fire type and a status user is always nice to have, find something with T-wave, and make sure your pokemon are always at the level cap GL.

And also for Moomoo Milk, just buy a bunch of oran berries from Gearen city, then go deep into Corta Forest and get past the Kingdra statue. If you have no idea what I'm talking about just look it up on the fourms, once you get past all that, there is a Miltank back there, feed it oran berries and you get moomoomilk in return

Edited by Milotic

Well for starters, try catching a Graveler or Boldore with sturdy, they both learn Stealth rock which pretty much destroys Crawli. Noivern and Dusclops are good pokemon, but I dont really see what use Altaria will have now and in the long run. Greninja is an all around good pokemon, just becuase it didnt work out once or twice, doesnt mean you should get rid of it. And on Crawli's field it's always raining, so Greninja does have some use, like finishing off weak pokemon cuz it's so fast and versatile. And from there I'd say, just start using whatever you want. Find some strong useable pokemon that'll help you in many situations. You could use a good fire type and a status user is always nice to have, find something with T-wave, and make sure your pokemon are always at the level cap GL.

And also for Moomoo Milk, just buy a bunch of oran berries from Gearen city, then go deep into Corta Forest and get past the Kingdra statue. If you have no idea what I'm talking about just look it up on the fourms, once you get past all that, there is a Miltank back there, feed it oran berries and you get moomoomilk in return

Understood! Thanks for the help

Any advice against amber v8? she's destroying me with only typlosion and rotom.

Kluts Golurk lvl 58

Earthquake - Night Shade - Dynamic Punch - Curse

Keen Eye Swanna lvl 57

Hurracane - Water Pulse - Roost - Defog

Sheer Force Feraligatr lvl 58

Crunch - Shadow Claw - Surf - Ice Fang

Thick Fat Hariyama lvl 60

Knock off - Close Combat - Fake out - Force Palm

Analytic Solrock/Lunatone lvl 58

Psychic - Stone Edge - Magma Drift - Heal Block

Simple Swoobat lvl 58

Calm Mind - Psychic - Air Slash - Future Sight

Kluts Golurk lvl 58

Keen Eye Swanna lvl 57

Simple Swoobat lvl 58

You're team aint bad at all, literally just put rain dance on some of your pokemon and you'll be good. If you wanna go the extra mile catch a boldore, it has stealth rock and sturdy, so you can hinder amber alot. But mainly just set up rain and use strong attacks. It would be nice if Solrock fusion had rock slide as well, since it is a double battle. If you have a heart scale you might wanna use it on solrock

Noivern (level 49)

Air Slash

Super Fang

Bite

Tailwind

Altaria (46)

Disarming Voice

Perish Song

Dragon Pulse

Take Down

Dusclops (46)

Shadow Sneak

Hex

Will o Wisp

Confuse Ray

Here's my strat for Crawli

Basically just go for rock pokemon with Sturdy, but be careful of the Focus Sash on the galvantula. Only pokemon you can feasibly exploit the field on is the Heracross because of typing.

Edited by MetrololAce

Kluts Golurk lvl 58

Keen Eye Swanna lvl 57

Simple Swoobat lvl 58

I believe I have set up a REALLY nice condition against Amber on Intense. Check it out if you like.

Its a difficult battle for 2 real reasons: the pokemon are protected incredibly by Sunny Day and the Field, and its doubles so its difficult to trade 1 for 1.

But doubles is something you can easily manipulate in your favor too, and you are on the right track with the water types. Rain Dance does a lot, but alone it wont save you. You need to be able to set things up properly, and with the strategy I used I feel its a near 100 percent win condition that is set up in just 2 turns.

Might be a dumb question, but will Water Sport do anything against Amber's field? I'm training up a Lombre/Ludicolo and it has WS, but if it won't do anything, it'd probably be better to let a water-type attack take its place. Already planning to teach it Rain Dance once it's leveled enough!

Setting up is so much fun when Rotom +Typhlosion outspeed your whole team

How fast do you need to be to outspeed Amber's Typhlosion and Rotom on Intense? My plan was to use my Greninja with Mat Block (Init 169) so my Heliolisk can set up Rain Dance but both Rotom and Typhlosion are faster.

Edited by CaptainMetal

having trouble with amber on normal team is as follows

mightyena L56

moxie

hardy

Rock Smash

Snarl

bite

crunch

Marowak L56

Rock Head

naive

False swipe

rock climb

fling (replaced with bonemarang)

bone rush

Floatzel L56

Swift Swim

bashfull holding mystic water

Aqua tail

surf

Aqua Jet

Brick Brake

Noivern L57

Infiltrator

Rash

Air Slash

Brick Brake (needed a move to help it against rock and steel types)

Wing Attack

Air cutter

Altaria L58

natural Cure

Rash

Moonblast

Dragon Pulse

Dragonbreath

Round (this move is only there because i cant find a move i want to teach it may give it incinerate slince im low on heart scales and i want to use her feild)

Charizard L60

Blaze

Serious

Flamethrower

Flame Burst

Wing Attack

Magma Drift

as for pc pokes, manetric L54 torkoal L52 mawile L52 (when i went form v8 to 8.1 i was given a second one of these) rest are random low level pokes i got for completing help requests or shadow pokemon

i have the exp share and 9 rare candies on me so getting another poke up isnt an issue got one heart scale left but unsure who i should use it on

Edited by sandy

having trouble with amber on normal team is as follows

mightyena L56

moxie

hardy

Rock Smash

Snarl

bite

crunch

Marowak L56

Rock Head

naive

False swipe

rock climb

fling (replaced with bonemarang)

bone rush

Floatzel L56

Swift Swim

bashfull holding mystic water

Aqua tail

surf

Aqua Jet

Brick Brake

Noivern L57

Infiltrator

Rash

Air Slash

Brick Brake (needed a move to help it against rock and steel types)

Wing Attack

Air cutter

Altaria L58

natural Cure

Rash

Moonblast

Dragon Pulse

Dragonbreath

Round (this move is only there because i cant find a move i want to teach it may give it incinerate slince im low on heart scales and i want to use her feild)

Charizard L60

Blaze

Serious

Flamethrower

Flame Burst

Wing Attack

Magma Drift

as for pc pokes, manetric L54 torkoal L52 mawile L52 (when i went form v8 to 8.1 i was given a second one of these) rest are random low level pokes i got for completing help requests or shadow pokemon

i have the exp share and 9 rare candies on me so getting another poke up isnt an issue got one heart scale left but unsure who i should use it on

Rain Dance is key. Also having more Water types couldnt hurt. What you really want to do is catch a graveler or boldore with Sturdy and Stealth rock so you can weaken her whole team. Set those up and you should be fine for this battle really. Also try updating your pokemon, what I mean by this is you've reached this far in the game, its time to use better pokemon. Like replace Mightyena with a more suitable dark type or ghost type like Chandelure or Crawdant.