Gym Leader Help Thread

Jan

1 minute ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Blizzard changes the field from a volcanic field to a mountain field, making air slash 100% accurate and stone edge broken.

must i remember you that i'm on the holy field? :P

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to ask help so often...

Boss i'm facing: Entomologist Crawli
Sincerely, the field and the rain just ruins every strategy i could think off. Basically, the best counter to Crawli are Rock-types, which i don't have :T 

My Team: 

Spoiler

Seismitoad Lv46
Poison Touch and Bashful (no changes)
Surf, Drain Punch, Aqua Ring and Bounce (RIP Heracross >:D)

Tangrowth (holding Dark Gem) Lv 46
Regenerator and Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Ancient Power, Knock Off, Tickle and Giga Drain

Arcanine  Lv46
Flash Fire and Also Relaxed
Reversal, Outrage, Heat Wave and Crunch

Altaria Lv 46
Natural Cure and Quirky (again, no changes)
Dragon Breath, Mirror Move (RIP Yanmega >:D), Dragon Pulse, Cotton Guard

Shedinja Lv 45
Wonder Guard and also Bashful
Metal Claw, Phantom Force, Heal Block and False Swipe

Gardevoir Lv 48
Synchronize and Modest (-Atk, +SpA, i'm amazingly lucky)
Draining Kiss, Psychic, Future Sight, Teleport

In PC: Swoobat, Pachirisu, Dustox, Misdreavus, Torkoal, Duskull, Masquerain, Vivillon, Gothita, Ninjask, Elekid, Jumpluff, Litleo, Lunatone, Mawile, Mime Jr, Spearow, Vanillite

All the info i could gather about Crawli's Team:

Spoiler

She carries three HyperPotion
Custom move: Barbed Web (a damaging variant of Sticky Web)
Heracross (Moxie) (Choice Scarf): Close Combat, Knock Off, Barbed Web, Stone Edge. I can easily counter it with Seis' Bounce, but it lives him with low health :T
Galvantula (either Compound Eyes or Swarm): Electroball, Giga Drain (RIP Seis :'( ), Barbed Web, Other. I usually Shedinja it, but sometimes i also Arcanine it, depending on the conditions, but arcanine is then low on health, or it switches for Scolipede
Scolipede (Speed Boost :'c ): Venom Drench, Venoshock, Barbed Web, Steamroller. Yeah, i also shedinja it. Speed Boost :'(
Yanmega (Tinted Lens): Air Slash, AncientPower, other(presumably GigaDrain), other. Alta's Mirror Move is the best counter, But only if it uses AncientPower Twice, or if doesnt switches out.
Vespiquen (Pressure): Power Gem, Attack Order, Heal Order, other. I struggled to get thru the three above, so i dont know what to do with her...
Other 2 pokes...

Edited by DeathBoo

• Global Mods
50 minutes ago, DeathBoo said:

Sincerely, the field and the rain just ruins every strategy i could think off. Basically, the best counter to Crawli are Rock-types, which i don't have :T 

My Team: 

Hide contents

Seismitoad Lv46

Arcanine  Lv46

Altaria Lv 46

Shedinja Lv 45

Gardevoir Lv 48

In PC: Swoobat, Pachirisu, Dustox, Misdreavus, Torkoal, Duskull, Masquerain, Vivillon, Gothita, Ninjask, Elekid, Jumpluff, Litleo, Lunatone, Mawile, Mime Jr, Spearow, Vanillite

Hide contents

Heracross (Moxie) (Choice Scarf): Close Combat, Knock Off, Barbed Web, Stone Edge. I can easily counter it with Seis' Bounce, but it lives him with low health :T
Galvantula (either Compound Eyes or Swarm): Electroball, Giga Drain (RIP Seis :'( ), Barbed Web, Other. I usually Shedinja it, but sometimes i also Arcanine it, depending on the conditions, but arcanine is then low on health, or it switches for Scolipede
Scolipede (Speed Boost :'c ): Venom Drench, Venoshock, Barbed Web, Steamroller. Yeah, i also shedinja it. Speed Boost :'(
Yanmega (Tinted Lens): Air Slash, AncientPower, other(presumably GigaDrain), other. Alta's Mirror Move is the best counter, But only if it uses AncientPower Twice, or if doesnt switches out.
Vespiquen (Pressure): Power Gem, Attack Order, Heal Order, other. I struggled to get thru the three above, so i dont know what to do with her...
Other 2 pokes...

The easiest way I found to beat Crawli is to take advantage of the fact that his lead is choice scarfed. get a Pokemon A that strongly resists one of hera's moves and can set up boosts for speed and an attacking stat, and a Pokemon B that is really weak to the same move. lead with Pokemon B to bait the desired move, then set up with Pokemon A and proceed to sweep.

16 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

The easiest way I found to beat Crawli is to take advantage of the fact that his lead is choice scarfed. get a Pokemon A that strongly resists one of hera's moves and can set up boosts for speed and an attacking stat, and a Pokemon B that is really weak to the same move. lead with Pokemon B to bait the desired move, then set up with Pokemon A and proceed to sweep.

Hmmm... I'll Try and catch a QD Beautifly and lead with Seismitoad (and hope for Crawli for using Close Combat...)

Btw. What gender is Crawli? is a he, she or xe?

EDIT: Welp, Beautifly is weaker than a wet paper. So, i need another strategy.

Edited by DeathBoo

On 5/28/2017 at 7:02 AM, DeathBoo said:

My Team: 

Reveal hidden contents

Seismitoad Lv46

Arcanine  Lv46

Altaria Lv 46

Shedinja Lv 45

Gardevoir Lv 48

Reveal hidden contents

Other 2 pokes...

Get a geodude with sturdy and set up stealth rock. Also get a Crobat in your team, it'll out speed most of his team and Acrobatics will OHKO most of his team. 

6 hours ago, PESH1 said:

Get a geodude with sturdy and set up stealth rock. Also get a Crobat in your team, it'll out speed most of his team and Acrobatics will OHKO most of his team. 

2 things.
1st, i couldnt get neither Geodude nor Crobat cuz i was stuck in Terajuma.
2nd, i already beat her. Strategy:
Heracross: OHKO with Seis' Bounce
Galvantula: Psychic'd it with Gardevoir so she wastes her HyperPotions on it
Yanmega: Mirror Moved it with Altaria
Scolipede: Shedinja. No need to explain
Vespiquen: Discharged her with Magneton
Escavalier: 2HKO with Arcanine
Now that's team work.

• Global Mods
Just now, Fabidieboy4 said:

how many ariados did you find?

I don't remember exactly, but the only one I can see is the one in the final room who I can't get to from the front and it doesn't interact from the side

Just now, DreamblitzX said:

I don't remember exactly, but the only one I can see is the one in the final room who I can't get to from the front and it doesn't interact from the side

well there should be 4 in total

1 on the right in the first room

1 also on the right side of the second room

1 all the way on the left in the 3rd room

and 1 on the right side (3rd room) if i remember it al corectly

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, Fabidieboy4 said:

well there should be 4 in total

1 on the right in the first room

1 also on the right side of the second room

1 all the way on the left in the 3rd room

and 1 on the right side (3rd room) if i remember it al corectly

Just had another look around, 95% sure this is the only arados left, which I apparently can't do anything with?

gym.PNG.a6159ffcbf416e589b957fb804457626.PNG

Just now, DreamblitzX said:

Just had another look around, 95% sure this is the only arados left, which I apparently can't do anything with?

gym.PNG.a6159ffcbf416e589b957fb804457626.PNG

than i don't know

there should have been one directly to the left of you

sorry i couldn't help much :/

• Global Mods
Just now, Fabidieboy4 said:

than i don't know

there should have been one directly to the left of you

sorry i couldn't help much :/

It's not your fault, maybe mine is bugged (no pun intended)

I'll see if I can find a save that's before I tried it the first time and try again

1 minute ago, DreamblitzX said:

I'll see if I can find a save that's before I tried it the first time and try again

ha nice :P

good luck!!

3 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

there was a patch in the main thread that fixed this issue

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, Alex said:

there was a patch in the main thread that fixed this issue

I saw that, but I'm pretty sure I already applied patch 8 earlier, which is the latest one. I'll try applying it again I guess

Yep, tried again, definitely with patch 8 applied. still broken. also the warp pad is broken in that the one at the entrance doesn't return you to the one that you warped from like the guy next to it says it does. or anywhere for that matter.

Edited by DreamblitzX

Just now, tomikson said:

urghh what do i do in the second room in crawlis gym im so confused

Spoiler

1. push log against pinser

2. you need to push the log on the left side up

3. go down right and push the log that is horizontal down

4. than push the vertical log to the left, than up, than left and than up again

5. push the log that's on the upper part up

6. than push the log that you left bottom-right up

and than you can go across if i am correct

Mmm yeah ok I'm need of some help lol, Valerie has been curb stomping me left and right and I'm out of ideas. 

Team At the moment:

Muk Alola L 45 (Gluttony) Knock Off, Crunch, Gunk Shot, Poison Sweep

Decidueye L 45 (Long Reach) Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Sucker Punch, Synthesis

Lycanroc Midday L 45 (Keen Eye) Stealth Rocks, Rock Slide, Crunch, Accelrock

Granbull L 44 (Intimdate) Play Rough, Stacking Shot, Charm, Bite

Quagsire L 41 (Unaware) (Cant find a ablity capulse) Water Pulse, Flame Burst, Yawn, Earthquake

Dustox L 41 (Shield Dust)  Light Screen, Toxic, Protect, Bug Buzz

Tried using light screen to then try to murder with decids leaf blade but everything outspeeds (except washi) and runs ice beam anyway so I'm lost on what to do

In Box: L 34 Pikachu (Still cant get aloan), L 41 Salazzle, L 35 Talonflame, Gothita, Mawile Zubat, Meditite Elygem, Shuppet, Klink and Happiny

Anything I should try and catch on the island?

55 minutes ago, Gatax said:

Mmm yeah ok I'm need of some help lol, Valerie has been curb stomping me left and right and I'm out of ideas. 

Team At the moment:

Muk Alola L 45 (Gluttony) Knock Off, Crunch, Gunk Shot, Poison Sweep

Decidueye L 45 (Long Reach) Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Sucker Punch, Synthesis

Lycanroc Midday L 45 (Keen Eye) Stealth Rocks, Rock Slide, Crunch, Accelrock

Granbull L 44 (Intimdate) Play Rough, Stacking Shot, Charm, Bite

Quagsire L 41 (Unaware) (Cant find a ablity capulse) Water Pulse, Flame Burst, Yawn, Earthquake

Dustox L 41 (Shield Dust)  Light Screen, Toxic, Protect, Bug Buzz

Tried using light screen to then try to murder with decids leaf blade but everything outspeeds (except washi) and runs ice beam anyway so I'm lost on what to do

In Box: L 34 Pikachu (Still cant get aloan), L 41 Salazzle, L 35 Talonflame, Gothita, Mawile Zubat, Meditite Elygem, Shuppet, Klink and Happiny

Anything I should try and catch on the island?

hmm usually Dustox saves the day with light screen and toxic, but get all your pokemon to level 44-45 first, no point in being at a level disadvantage. tbh your team looks good enough to beat valarie. I guess one thing I did try during a mono-dark run, was catch a carvanha with Scary face and Swagger, then evolved it into Sharpedo, tho its frail it is a ice/water resist and and Scary face was a life saver. You definetly have the tools. Muk is a good tank, and should be able to get off good hits, if anything drop Granbull or Quag and replace with Scary Face/Swagger Sharpedo. It gets Crunch at lvl 40 so it should be a good addition to the team. But the main strategy should be setting up light screen and toxic stalling everything to death with super effective support from Decidueye. GL

Edit: You should be able to catch carvanha by fishing in terajuma jungle, since you dont have surf yet

Edited by Milotic

5 minutes ago, Milotic said:

hmm usually Dustox saves the day with light screen and toxic, but get all your pokemon to level 44-45 first, no point in being at a level disadvantage. tbh your team looks good enough to beat valarie. I guess one thing I did try during a mono-dark run, was catch a carvanha with Scary face and Swagger, then evolved it into Sharpedo, tho its frail it is a ice/water resist and and Scary face was a life saver. You definetly have the tools. Muk is a good tank, and should be able to get off good hits, if anything drop Granbull or Quag and replace with Scary Face/Swagger Sharpedo. It gets Crunch at lvl 40 so it should be a good addition to the team. But the main strategy should be setting up light screen and toxic stalling everything to death with super effective support from Decidueye. GL

Ah alright, thanks Imma try with carvanha, may help 

Leader: Marionette (Mansion fight)

I'm playing v6 and am having troubles grinding because Audino's  secret power(?) keeps paralyzing my Pokemon

Current Team:

Swobat Lvl 33

Ability: Simple

Twisted Spoon

Brave Nature

Calm Mind

Air Slash

Heart Stamp

Air Cutter

Floatzel Lvl 32

Ability: Swift Swim

No held item

Carefull Nature

Double Hit

Swift

Water Gun

Aqua Jet

Pangoro Lvl 34

Ability: Scrappy

No held item

Naive Nature

Stacking Shot

Cut

Body Slam

Vital Throw

Houndoom Lvl 33

Ability: Unnerve

No held item

Adamant Nature

Ember

Howl

Fire Fang

Bite

Duskull Lvl 31

Ability: Frisk

No held item

Lax Nature

Will-o-Wisp

Pursuit

Shadow Sneak

Ominous Wind

Jolteon Lvl 33

Ability: Volt Absorb

No held item

Rash Nature

Thunder Wave

Thunder Fang

Baby-Doll Eyes

Bite

PC Pokemon

Tympole Lvl 12

Ability: Water Absorb

No held item

Hasty Nature

Shadow Wave

Shadow Shed

Refresh

Bounce

Litleo Lvl 15

Ability: Unnerve

No held item

Serious Nature

Ember

Work Up

Headbutt

Noble Roar

Tangela Lvl 22

Ability: Regenerator

No held item

Don't know the nature yet

Shadow Rave

Shadow Hold

Loudred Lvl 30

Ability: Scrappy

No held item

Calm Nature

Bite

Uproar

Rock Smash

Stomp

Growlithe Lvl 24

Ability: Intimidate

No held item

Lax Nature

Fire Fang

Leer

Take Down

Flame Wheel

Altaria Lvl 35

Ability: Natural Cure

No held item

Naive Nature

Disarming Voice

Dragon Breath

Take Down

Cotton Guard

I obviously don't have the best Pokemon, but I really need help. I've been trying for 2 days to beat Marionette. Should I just restart? I've been working hard on every other gym leader and managed to get through I'm on the normal difficulty btw. Thanks in advance!

Edited by jakk8399

Not sure if I'm missing something here... (wouldn't surprise me honestly, I'm hot trash at puzzles) but can anyone help me out with this part of the Crawli puzzle?
I can't figure out how to get further than this... Pushing that log to the right just gets me stuck.
I've been at it for hours ughhhh.

dgdggf.png