No item held

Speed Boost

Adamant

- Scratch

- Peck

- Flame Charge

- Double Kick

Nothing else anywhere

Anyone have any ideas of what in the world I can do to get past her?

Edited by BananananaK

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a fighting monotype, totally stuck at Venam. Here's the situation

Venam

Combusken

Combusken, level 19

No item held

Blaze

Adamant

- Scratch

- Peck

- Flame Charge

- Double Kick

Anyone have any ideas of what in the world I can do to get past her?

I think there is an Ability Capsule hidden in her Gym somewhere. Speed Boost would definitely help. Also, are there any other Fighting Types available at that point? Expanding your team would surely be helpful if there are Fighting Pokemon available.

I think there is an Ability Capsule hidden in her Gym somewhere. Speed Boost would definitely help. Also, are there any other Fighting Types available at that point? Expanding your team would surely be helpful if there are Fighting Pokemon available.

Checked, there are no other fighting types. And also, I'm not having any issues with speed, per se, I'm having issues with her Quilfish taking like 1/8 damage with my best attack on it. I get past her Grimer and Trubbish by two shotting them both with flame charge, and then Quilfish kills my hopes and dreams.

But I did use the Ability capsule just now, I'll update it.

Someone plz halp ;-;

I decided since no one was able to help, I'd break my Monotype just once to kill that flipping Quilfish. So no more help needed.

Edited by BananananaK

If anyone has trouble with valarie, Dusclops helps sooo much. Curse and heal will basically kill most of her mons. Afterwards, will the 5 other pokemon u have, u can destroy her.

• 2 weeks later...

having major problems with Angie her weavile's beat up just wrecks me my team are as follows none of my pokemon have hold items is i haven't obtained any that would be of any use.

Marowak l53

lightning rod

docile

no item

false swipe

sweeping shot (was experimenting) removed thrash for it

bonemerang

bone rush

Manectric L51

minus

docile

thunder wave

discharge

bite

thunder fang

Mightyena L51

quick feet

serious

crunch

assurance

take down

embargo (haven't found anything to replace it with yet)

Altaria L53

Cloud Nine

docile

moonblast

dragon breath

pluck

dragon pulse

Floatzel L53

water veil

bashfull

aqua tail

surf

rock smash

aqua jet

Charizard L55

solar power

quiet

flamethrower

fire fang

cut

wing attack

as for pc pokemon...

swoobat l 51 mime jr l 15, mawile l 30, torkoal, tympeole and vainilite still shadow pokemon, spearow l 25 and tangela l 23

edit going to give grinding my team to 55 then retrying a go.

Edited by sandy

Fire-type moves that hit more than one target (Heat Wave and Lava Plume for example) change the field, so try using those. You could raise Simisear - Pansear is found in Carotos Cave) or Chandelure (a rather difficult event). Torkoal can be used as well, but it's slow so it's going to take hits.

I imagine Marowak and Altaria get obliterated by Angie's team, so they aren't much of use there. What ability does your Mawile have? You can lead with Mawile, if it has Intimidate then Weavile will be even less threatening. Mawile learns Iron Head and Play Rough, both of which are super effective against Weavile. Of course, if you don't mind using lots of potions, you could just Stockpile + Baton Pass, but there are better alternatives out there.

Another option is to use Fighting-types. Hariyama can have the ability Thick Fat, which reduces the damage it takes from Ice-type moves. Pangoro is stronger, but can't take hits. IIRC you can find Makuhita in Sheridan Village. Pancham is obtained during a Help Request in Sheridan.

Edited by Zargerth

Fire-type moves that hit more than one target (Heat Wave and Lava Plume for example) change the field, so try using those. You could raise Simisear - Pansear is found in Carotos Cave) or Chandelure (a rather difficult event). Torkoal can be used as well, but it's slow so it's going to take hits.

I imagine Marowak and Altaria get obliterated by Angie's team, so they aren't much of use there. What ability does your Mawile have? You can lead with Mawile, if it has Intimidate then Weavile will be even less threatening. Mawile learns Iron Head and Play Rough, both of which are super effective against Weavile. Of course, if you don't mind using lots of potions, you could just Stockpile + Baton Pass, but there are better alternatives out there.

Another option is to use Fighting-types. Hariyama can have the ability Thick Fat, which reduces the damage it takes from Ice-type moves. Pangoro is stronger, but can't take hits. IIRC you can find Makuhita in Sheridan Village. Pancham is obtained during a Help Request in Sheridan.

hrm i didn't know torkol could be useful he's ready to be purified but only l 24 i think , but training it will be hard as i got all my team to 55 now and thanks to sitrus berries as long as i don't flinch i can use marowak as lead to take out her lead, i also didn't know that i could change the flied.

mawile's ability is indeed intimidate, but as i said with torkol training will be a pain unless i use reverse candies, guess i can try getting mawle up but who to replace for him altaria?

got a hard decision to make, i changed both marowak and altaria for torkol and mawile. should i lead with mawile and make beat up do almost nothing and kill weavile that way and risk tokol falling to something faster and with a more special attack orientated move set up or do i lead with torkal because of his high defense and get rid of the ice field as soon as possible?

update: beat angie by using both torkol and mawile and using torkol as lead to remove the field, her switching out a few times really helped also.

thanks zargreth for the advice

Edited by sandy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys I need some help with Valarie. One thing I'm having trouble with is the fact that the field halves the speed of grounded non-water types, making my starter, Infernape, practically useless. I have tried haxing with emolga but Politoed, Lanturn, and Rotom are just way too bulky from what I've seen. Here's my team:

Emolga Level 44

Nature: Lax

Ability: Static

Item: Zap Plate

-Volt Switch

-Nuzzle

-Electro Ball

-Acrobatics

Infernape Level 45

Nature: Hardy

Ability: Iron Fist

Item: None

-Mach Punch

-Close Combat

-Flame Wheel

-Fire Spin

Duskull Level 42

Nature: Naughty

Ability: Pressure

Item: Quick Claw

-Shadow Punch

-Shadow Sneak

-Will-o-wisp

-Hex

Altaria Level 41

Nature: Hasty

Ability: Cloud Nine

-Cotton Guard

-Round

-Disarming Voice

-Dragon Pulse

Mightyena Level 42

Nature: Serious

Ability: Intimidate

-Bite

-Assurance

-Rock Smash

-Snarl

On my bench/rotation I have a Pangoro Level 35, Mawile Level 32, and Fearow Level 28

Training up a new pokemon wouldn't be an issue, but there seems to be a limited supply since I'm on Tejamaru Island.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by whodat09

Hey Guys I need some help with Valarie. One thing I'm having trouble with is the fact that the field halves the speed of grounded non-water types, making my starter, Infernape, practically useless. I have tried haxing with emolga but Politoed, Lanturn, and Rotom are just way too bulky from what I've seen. Here's my team:

Emolga Level 44

Nature: Lax

Ability: Static

Item: Zap Plate

-Volt Switch

-Nuzzle

-Electro Ball

-Acrobatics

Infernape Level 45

Nature: Hardy

Ability: Iron Fist

-Mach Punch

-Close Combat

-Flame Wheel

-Fire Spin

Duskull Level 42

Nature: Naughty

Ability: Pressure

Item: Quick Claw

-Shadow Punch

-Shadow Sneak

-Will-o-wisp

-Hex

Altaria Level 41

Nature: Hasty

Ability: Cloud Nine

-Cotton Guard

-Round

-Disarming Voice

-Dragon Pulse

Mightyena Level 42

Nature: Serious

Ability: Intimidate

-Bite

-Assurance

-Rock Smash

-Snarl

On my bench/rotation I have a Pangoro Level 35, Mawile Level 32, and Fearow Level 28

Training up a new pokemon wouldn't be an issue, but there seems to be a limited supply since I'm on Tejamaru Island.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Most Valerie's mons are special oriented (special sweepers and specially defensive), my suggestion is swapping Mightyena with Pangoro since Pangoro is superior to Mightyena in term of physical attack targeting Valerie's mons weaker physical capability and catch a Dustox on Terajuma shore and lead with it to set up light screen to minimize damage from Valerie(also there are Weepinbells on the shore if i am not mistaken, physical grass types can handle Lanturn and Rotom ). If you have mining kit, soft-reset for mining rocks to excavate a Light Clay to equip on your Dustox to prolong effect of Light Screen to 8 turns. Hope this post helps :)

Edited by TimTim

well~

CRAWLI

[serperior] | [50]
[Miracle seed]
[Contrary]
[Timid]
- Giga drain
- Leaf blade
- Leech seed
- Cut

[Altaria] | [50]
[---]
[Natural cure]
[Calm]
- Perish song
- Cotton guard
- Moonblast
- Dragon pulse

[seismitoad] | [50]
[---]
[Water absorb (LF for Ability capsule for Poison touch)]
[Lax]
- Drain punch
- Surf
- Echoed voice
- Bounce

[Manectric] | [50]
[Quick claw]
[Naive]
[static]
- Wild charge
- Discharge
- Thunder fang
- Bite

[Houndoom] | [50]
[---]
[Early bird]
[Hasty]
- Fire fang
- Flamethrower
- Beat up
- Foul play

[Garbodor] | [50]
[Poison Barb]
[stentch]
[Adamant]
- Take Down
- Toxic
- Sludge bomb
- Toxic spikes

--PC--

[Exploud] | [50]
[Quick claw]
[scrappy]
[impish]
- Sleep talk (doesnt work, eh)
- Rest
- Uproar
- Surf

[Xatu] | [51]
[Twisted spoon]
[Magic bounce]
[sassy]
- Psychic
- Wish
- Confuse ray
- Future sight

[Dusclops] | [50]
[---]
[Pressure]
[Rash]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Shadow ball
- Omnious wind

[Abomasnow] | [50]
[---]
[snow warning]
[Careful]
- Swagger
- Blizzard
- Ice shard
- Wood hammer

main problem is that she outspeeding me ._.

Edited by ShaylaShay

Are you playing version 7? Iirc there has been some changes to his team from version 6, so I'm not sure if everything I say still holds true or not.

Since there's the rain, Fire-type moves are weakened. Some Water-type moves aren't affected by the field effect (mainly the ones that hit one target only), so you can try using that to your advantage. Which Pokemon outspeed yours? I can see Scolipede doing that, or Crustle after Shell Smash. Perhaps some Steel - or Poison- types could be of some use? Unless it was moved, you could try finding Zubat in a cave at the back of the forest near route 3 (west of Sheridan). Mawile, which is obtained from Augustus the ship captain, can hurt Crustle with Iron Head.

Are you playing version 7? Iirc there has been some changes to his team from version 6, so I'm not sure if everything I say still holds true or not.

yeah.. i think... *look* yeah, version 7-1.

uhm... Galvantula, Scolipede (sometimes before speed boost) and Yanmega (also my Serperior, huh)

i dont got any mawile from captain..

Edited by ShaylaShay

I'm getting ready to face Crawli myself, and I'm not sure exactly what to expect. The rain threw off my whole game, so my fire types were useless. So I'm at square one again.

Team:

Aromatisse (Male)
Level 50/Timid/ Healer
-Calm Mind
-Moon Blast
-Sweet Kiss
-Draining Kiss

Arcanine (Male)
Level 48/Lax/ Intimidate
-Crunch
-Outrage
-Flare Blitz
- Retaliate

Abomasnow (Male)

Level 48/Bashful/ Snow Warning **To cancel the rain**
-Blizzard
-Wood Hammer
-Ingrain
-Ice Shard

Nidoqueen
Level 47/Serious/ Sheer Force
-Thief
-Crunch

-Earth Power
-Toxic Spikes

Gigalith (Female)
Level 49/ Hasty/Sturdy
-Rock Slide

-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Iron Defense

Haxorus (Male)
Level 48/Hasty/Unnerve
-Dragon Dance
-Slash
-Assurance
-Dragon Claw

Reserve Mons: NOTE: There's quite a few reserve mons so if you have any questions about them, just ask and I'll provide the information. :)

Chesnaught--Level 48/ Lax/ Bulletproof

Hitmonlee--Level 50/ Hardy/ Limber

Noivern--Level 48/Lax/Frisk

Electrode--Level 47/Hasty/Soundproof

Tangrowth--Level 48/Calm/Regenerator

Diggersby--Level 49/Adamant/Pure Power

Meowstic (Female)--Level 49/Timid/Keen Eye

Quagsire--Level 49/Sassy/Water Absorb

Exploud--Level 48/Careful/Scrappy

Manectric--Level 43/Hasty/Lightning Rod

Dusclops--Level 48/Relaxed/Pressure

Zebstrika--Level 42/Bashful/Sap Sipper

Sandslash- Level 42/Bold/Sand Veil

Houndoom- Level 45/Modest/Early Bird

Pyroar- Level 48/Modest/Rivalry

Medicham- Level 49/Hardy/Pure Power

Helioisk- Level 49/Hardy/Solar Power

Pangoro- Level 49/Naive/Scrappy

Hariyama- Level 45/Quiet/Guts

Dewgong- Level 43/Calm/Ice Body

Seismitoad- Level 43/Rash/Swift Swim

Meowstic (Male)- Level 41/Calm/Keen Eye

Ambipom- Level 40/Bashful/Skill Link

Mismagius- Level 41/Docile/Levitate

I'm getting ready to face Crawli myself, and I'm not sure exactly what to expect. The rain threw off my whole game, so my fire types were useless. So I'm at square one again.

Team:

Aromatisse (Male)

Level 50/Timid/ Healer

-Calm Mind

-Moon Blast

-Sweet Kiss

-Draining Kiss

Arcanine (Male)

Level 48/Lax/ Intimidate

-Crunch

-Outrage

-Flare Blitz

- Retaliate

Abomasnow (Male)

Level 48/Bashful/ Snow Warning **To cancel the rain**

-Blizzard

-Wood Hammer

-Ingrain

-Ice Shard

Nidoqueen

Level 47/Serious/ Sheer Force

-Thief

-Crunch

-Earth Power

-Toxic Spikes

Gigalith (Female)

Level 49/ Hasty/Sturdy

-Rock Slide

-Stealth Rock

-Stone Edge

-Iron Defense

Haxorus (Male)

Level 48/Hasty/Unnerve

-Dragon Dance

-Slash

-Assurance

-Dragon Claw

Reserve Mons: NOTE: There's quite a few reserve mons so if you have any questions about them, just ask and I'll provide the information. :)

Chesnaught--Level 48/ Lax/ Bulletproof

Hitmonlee--Level 50/ Hardy/ Limber

Noivern--Level 48/Lax/Frisk

Electrode--Level 47/Hasty/Soundproof

Tangrowth--Level 48/Calm/Regenerator

Diggersby--Level 49/Adamant/Pure Power

Meowstic (Female)--Level 49/Timid/Keen Eye

Quagsire--Level 49/Sassy/Water Absorb

Exploud--Level 48/Careful/Scrappy

Manectric--Level 43/Hasty/Lightning Rod

Dusclops--Level 48/Relaxed/Pressure

Zebstrika--Level 42/Bashful/Sap Sipper

Sandslash- Level 42/Bold/Sand Veil

Houndoom- Level 45/Modest/Early Bird

Pyroar- Level 48/Modest/Rivalry

Medicham- Level 49/Hardy/Pure Power

Helioisk- Level 49/Hardy/Solar Power

Pangoro- Level 49/Naive/Scrappy

Hariyama- Level 45/Quiet/Guts

Dewgong- Level 43/Calm/Ice Body

Seismitoad- Level 43/Rash/Swift Swim

Meowstic (Male)- Level 41/Calm/Keen Eye

Ambipom- Level 40/Bashful/Skill Link

Mismagius- Level 41/Docile/Levitate

Have Gigalith as suicide lead and set up stealth rock, seeing as stealth rock entry hazard cutting their switch-in mons HP into half even before they have chance to do anything, it is pretty nifty(many bugs are 4x weak to rock, stealth rock damage also takes into account the weakness) and proceed with Haxorus D-Dance sweep(i also notice that you have toxic spikes on your team, if you want a safer bet/security against Crawli, set up two layers of toxic spikes, Nidoqueen should be able to take a few hits since its tanky, severe poisoning upon switching in helps further wearing down their mons)

• 3 weeks later...

So right now I have finally decided to seek help on how to beat this gym leader because this gym seems to be designed to wreck my team. I am only able to faint 1 pokemon on a good run. I brought along Krookodile knowing that this would either be a Fire or Electric Gym. The biggest threat to my team is that damn Rotom-H. The only thing that can last more than 2 turns is my Delphox and even it struggles. Also, to make matters even worse I have no Heart Scales so I can't reteach moves. If it does helps I do have a Claw Fossil and almost $100,000. I hope you guys can help and also here is my team.

Update: I did hatch my mystery egg but it was a Vullaby and in better news I found out about Luvdisc + Magician so free heart scales.

Gym Leader:

Amber

Current Team:
[Delphox] | [Level 58]
[No Item]
[Magician]
[Timid]
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magma Drift
- Light Screen

[Crobat] | [Level 58]

[No Item]
[infiltrator]
[Rash]
- Acrobatics
- Haze
- Cross Poison
- Bite

[Mawile] | [Level 58]

[Life Orb]
[sheer Force]
[brave]
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Baton Pass
- Sucker Punch

[Krookodile] | [Level 58]

[No Item]
[Moxie]
[Jolly]
- Scary Face
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Foul Play

[bibarel] | [Level 38]

[No Item]
[Moody]
[brave]
- Rock Smash
- Cut
- Rock Climb
- Surf

[breloom] | [Level 59]

[Miracle Seed]
[Technician]
[Jolly]
- Rock Smash
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Leech Seed

Edited by FennekMaster

So right now I have finally decided to seek help on how to beat this gym leader because this gym seems to be designed to wreck my team. I am only able to faint 1 pokemon on a good run. I brought along Krookodile knowing that this would either be a Fire or Electric Gym. The biggest threat to my team is that damn Rotom-H. The only thing that can last more than 2 turns is my Delphox and even it struggles. Also, to make matters even worse I have no Heart Scales so I can't reteach moves. If it does helps I do have a Claw Fossil and almost $100,000. I hope you guys can help and also here is my team.

Gym Leader:

Amber

Current Team:

[Delphox] | [Level 58]

[No Item]

[Magician]

[Timid]

- Psyshock

- Will-O-Wisp

- Magma Drift

- Light Screen

[Crobat] | [Level 58]

[No Item]

[infiltrator]

[Rash]

- Acrobatics

- Haze

- Cross Poison

- Bite

[Mawile] | [Level 58]

[Life Orb]

[sheer Force]

[brave]

- Play Rough

- Iron Head

- Baton Pass

- Sucker Punch

[No Item]

[Moxie]

[Jolly]

- Scary Face

- Earthquake

- Crunch

- Foul Play

[bibarel] | [Level 38]

[No Item]

[Moody]

[brave]

- Rock Smash

- Cut

- Rock Climb

- Surf

[breloom] | [Level 59]

[Miracle Seed]

[Technician]

[Jolly]

- Rock Smash

- Bullet Seed

- Spore

- Leech Seed

Are you up to raising some new mons? If so, my suggestion is to raise some good mons with Blizzard as what essensially accentuates Amber's attack is her field, Mamoswime and Walrein are your best option regarding this with the two packing ability thick fat(if you catch one and it isnt thick fat, use ability capsule), Thick Fat halves damage by the fire type moves coupled with those two massive HP and with aid of Delphox light screen(most fire moves are special), i believe they should survive few hits to use Blizzard , once burning field is removed, she is easier to be dealt with. Another thing i would like to add is benching Mawile(for now with Amber, if you decide to keep it as regular), raise a rock type with Stealth Rock and give it the role of suicide lead, Stealth Rock deals a lot of damage to fire types upon switching in

Edited by TimTim

Gym Leader:

Amber

Current Team:

[Delphox] | [Level 58]

[No Item]

[Magician]

[Timid]

- Psyshock

- Will-O-Wisp

- Magma Drift

- Light Screen

[Crobat] | [Level 58]

[No Item]

[infiltrator]

[Rash]

- Acrobatics

- Haze

- Cross Poison

- Bite

[Mawile] | [Level 58]

[Life Orb]

[sheer Force]

[brave]

- Play Rough

- Iron Head

- Baton Pass

- Sucker Punch

[No Item]

[Moxie]

[Jolly]

- Scary Face

- Earthquake

- Crunch

- Foul Play

[bibarel] | [Level 38]

[No Item]

[Moody]

[brave]

- Rock Smash

- Cut

- Rock Climb

- Surf

[breloom] | [Level 59]

[Miracle Seed]

[Technician]

[Jolly]

- Rock Smash

- Bullet Seed

- Spore

- Leech Seed

Yea you need to train up some new pokemon. If you have the rain dance tm(which you should) try building a team around that if you can. Also from the looks of it, you havent done the mystery egg event. Go do that, you could get a real nice pokemon that could help you out a lot.

Edited by Milotic