Gym Leader Help Thread

Jan

Rain. Dance.

It saves lives.

I recommend getting a Mystic Water from one of the Help Requests (not sure which one) and teach one or two of your Pokémon Rain Dance. The field is broken at this point in time, and it'll make a Rainbow Field (it did at least for me). But the Rain is SO helpful. Put both Water Types out and SPAM. SURF. Greninja is fast enough so that it will easily be able to OHKO some of Amber's Pokémon, and then Empoleon can finish them off with a second Surf. Heal as needed.

Maybe lead with Amph and paralyze some of them?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not exactly the 'main' gym battle, but I'm stuck here.

Saki & Venam Double Battle (teamed up with Melia)

Current Team:

Infernape (Lv. 48)

Iron Fist

Naughty Nature

- Close Combat

- Poison Sweep

- Flame Wheel

- Cut

Seismitoad (Lv. 49)

Water Absorb

Bold Nature

- Bounce

- Drain Punch

- Surf

- Aqua Ring

Tangrowth (Lv. 49)

Regenerator

Bold Nature

- Ancient Power

- Giga Drain

- Wild Charge

- Knock Off

Magneton (Lv. 45)

Sturdy

Naughty Nature

- Charge Beam

- Discharge

- Flash Cannon

- Metal Sound

Liepard (Lv. 48)

Prankster

Mild Nature

- Fake Out

- Night Slash

- Sand Attack

- Slash

Vileplume (Lv. 48)

Chlorophyll

Bashful Nature

- Giga Drain

- Irritation

- Toxic

- Stun Spore

PC Members:

Loudred (Lv. 24)

Bonsly (Lv. 19)

Vanillite (Lv. 19)

Zubat (Lv. 5)

Geodude (Lv. 12)

Houndour (Lv. 15)

Skitty (Lv. 20)

Lunatone (Lv. 15)

Electrike (Lv. 10)

Mime Jr. (Lv. 15)

Spearow (Lv. 25)

Gothita (Lv. 20)

Litleo (Lv. 17)

Roggenrola (Lv. 21)

Torkoal (Lv. 24)

Buizel (Lv. 33)

Growlithe (Lv. 31)

Sunflora (Lv. 33)

Spoink (Lv. 30)

Phantump (Lv. 31)

Shroomish (Lv. 1)

Duskull (Lv. 34)

Ditto (Lv. 35)

Mawile (Lv. 30)

Elekid (Lv. 25)

Sawsbuck (Lv. 47)
Gastrodon (Lv. 35)

Mareep (Lv. 30)

Scolipede (Lv. 50)

Shadow Jumpluff (Lv. 35)

Shadow Vivillon (Lv. 32)

Shadow Masquerain (Lv. 36)

Melia is pretty much useless in this battle because all her Pokemon gets OHKOed by poison and steel type attacks (and she doesn't use healing items... unlike our opponents). My team is pretty mediocre too - and I usually don't switch any of my members, but I feel it would be necessary in order to proceed.

Alright Xiri, gonna help you there.

Anyway, infernape is an important pokemon to have here.

But why the heck do you have cut in it??? Where did your mach punch go?

In case, you can go to the move relearner in sheridan village if you have a heart scale. But i think it's only one in a day.

The main girl isn't here yet. Also Move deleter in route 3.

Seismitoad - Yes. Typing resistance against poison and eh. Drain punch too.

Tangrowth - Not recommendable for against venam here, but 'maybe'.

Magneton - I don't know this one.

Liepard - Eh maybe for metagross but infernape is here. Also then again, the speed so maybe.

Vileplume - No. Nothing in the movepool works well here.

So now team i picked that is yes for me.

-Infernape

-Seismitoad

Pc pokemon.

Geodude can work for poison resistance and earthquake is always helpful here. However golem isn't exactly here, unless if you want to use your link heart.

Hound doom may fit well too. Nasty plot and flamethrower.

Also sesimitoad can asorb water moves since the team i choose can lack of water moves, but i don't think it's any water moves expect for venam dragalge.

Also i think a flying pokemon can be here and help.

So i reccommend either S. vivillion or S. Jumpluff.

Last pokemon is optional for i can't find the perfect pokemon. You may use the maybe pokemon.

Anyway team current i picked.

-Infernape

-Seismitoad

-Houndoom

-Graveler/Golem

-Shadow jumpluff/vivillion

-Optional

I don't know if this team would work. But it could be tried atleast.

Thanks Shing! Will definitely try your suggestion!

As for Cut on Infernape... it was a stupid mistake. I really thought priority moves weren't going to be too important to have in-game, but yeah that mistake has been costing me a lot.

EDIT: Whelp never mind. I thought I would face them one more time with my current team, and I luckily achieved victory. Surprisingly, MVPs went to Vileplume (Stun Spore came through) and Magneton. Once Saki was down, Magneton was able to pull through as Drapion didn't go for Earthquake for some reason.

Thanks Shing! Will definitely try your suggestion!

As for Cut on Infernape... it was a stupid mistake. I really thought priority moves weren't going to be too important to have in-game, but yeah that mistake has been costing me a lot.

You're welcome :)

And you have iron fist, and no fist moves. So that costed you a lot of doing that.

But mistakes is mistakes.

[[Angie]]

L54 Infernape

Nature: Jolly | Ability: Iron Fist

@None (LF Expert Belt or Black Belt if anyone can tell me where to get it in v6)

Close Combat

Mach Punch

Flame Wheel

Acrobatics

L52 Camerupt

Nature: Naive | Ability: Anger Point

@None (Again any useful item locations would be appreciated)

Eruption

Earthquake

Flame Burst

Yawn

L52 Garbodor

Nature: Serious | Ability: Aftermath

@Poison Barb

Stockpile

Toxic

Sludge Bomb

Takedown

L52 Swoobat

Nature: Relaxed | Ability: Simple

@TwistedSpoon

Psychic

Future Sight

Air Slash

Calm Mind

L53 Seismitoad

Nature: Docile | Ability: Poison Touch

@None

Surf

Mud Shot

Drain Punch

Aqua Ring

L53 Mawile

Nature: Sassy | Ability: Sheer Force

@Amulet Coin

Iron Head

Play Rough

Sucker Punch

Crunch

-----------

TMs: Roar, Bulk Up, Rain Dance, Frustration, Dig, Double Team, Facade, Charge Beam, Shadow Claw, Frost Breath, Pluck, Rock Smash, Cut, Surf, Poison Sweep, Stacking Shot, Irritation

I know Swoobat should probably be replaced for this current battle just not sure with who. Potential useful Pokemon I have in my boxes:

-Growlithe (have a Fire Stone)

-Magnemite

-Litleo

-Misdreavus

-Pancham

-Duskull

-Dustox with Toxic, Light Screen, and Protect holding Light Clay(helped me beat Valerie)

-Yamask

-Torkoal

-Gastrodon?

-Sudowoodo?

-Ampharos

I don't mind training some of them up which is why I didn't feel the need to list their levels. Any input on useful items or moves and replacements would be really appreciated!

The most useful pokemon to go with against Angie are 2 types. A water (bulky or fast) so it can solo out Mamoswine and fighting type pokemon since fire is massively weakened in her field. A rock type could do the trick too since that'd be super effective against her Froslass as well, but i guess you can easily get pokemon with dark type moves or even ghost pokemon or ones that learn shadow claw.

What's Angie's field do now? Frozen Dimensional Field?

Back in V5 I believe water attacks were weakened too, don't think that's a thing anymore.

Since you have Camerupt you could try manipulating the field with Eruption to make it dimensional, but that powers up Froslass' ghost type attacks. Perhaps if you trained a dusclops with shadow sneak you could do some decent damage to it. Or Mawile could take it out with Iron head if shadow ball doesnt KO it

Infernape takes out most of her team although her mamoswine can tank a close combat, beware of that - a water type is essential there

A few water moves like Surf specifically gain Ice-typing as well.

Yeah Camerupt can destroy the field with Eruption of Flame Burst though he can barely take a hit from Froslass , haven't really tried him against any of the others except Mamo and that didn't work out too well. I think I'll train up Duskull and Gastrodon. Mawile can take a shadow ball but not her signature move I forget the name of it.

Thank you for the help!

[Marrianette]

L33 Charmeleon

@None

Nature: Relaxed Ability:Blaze

Moves:

Scratch

Dragon Rage

Flame Burst

Smokescreen

---------------------

L33 Murkrow

@None

Nature: Relaxed

Ability:Insomnia

Moves:

Peck

Assurance

Night Shade

Wing Attack

------------------

L32 Loudred

@None

Nature:Docile Ability:Soundproof

Moves:

Bite

Uproar

Rock Smash

Stomp

--------------

L32 Meditite

@None

Nature:Naughty Ability:Pure Power

Moves:

Force Palm

Calm Mind

Confusion

High Jump Kick

---------------------

L35

Frogadier

@None

Nature:Careful Ability:Protean

Moves:

Bounce

X-Scissor

Quick Attack

Water pulse

------------------

Dear God that Wigglytuff

Edited by Brycemaster100

Can't you get Trubbish with Toxic Spikes? If so, it also learns Sludge Bomb at level 29, and Acid Spray can be really helpful for making it killable on the special side. I also heard Hariyama is great, but I don't know if you can still get it. (I only beat it with SB Combusken after 3 Bulk Ups)

[Marrianette]

L33 Charmeleon

@None

Nature: Relaxed Ability:Blaze

Moves:

Scratch

Dragon Rage

Flame Burst

Smokescreen

---------------------

L33 Murkrow

@None

Nature: Relaxed

Ability:Insomnia

Moves:

Peck

Assurance

Night Shade

Wing Attack

------------------

L32 Loudred

@None

Nature:Docile Ability:Soundproof

Moves:

Bite

Uproar

Rock Smash

Stomp

--------------

L32 Meditite

@None

Nature:Naughty Ability:Pure Power

Moves:

Force Palm

Calm Mind

Confusion

High Jump Kick

---------------------

L35

Frogadier

@None

Nature:Careful Ability:Protean

Moves:

Bounce

X-Scissor

Quick Attack

Water pulse

------------------

Dear God that Wigglytuff

Go to the grass area within the mansion, you'll have to look for a while unless your lucky, but there are Tyrouge in the grass, train it up along with your other pokes to lv 35, if you have a reverse candy, train up charmeleon to 36 so it can evolve. Then use a reverse candy to make lv 35 again, same with frogadier

Edited by Milotic

Okay, I'm stuck on Valerie. My team so far:

• Blaziken Lv45 @ Quick Claw : Rock Smash / Cut / Blaze Kick / Double Kick
  • Greninja Lv45 @ Quick Claw : Bounce / X-Scissor / Water Shuriken / Facade
  • Weezing Lv44 @ Poison Barb : Poison Gas / Sludge Bomb / Haze / Destiny Bond
  • Gloom Lv45 @ Miracle Seed : Giga Drain / Toxic / Moonlight / Sleep Powder
  • Pidgeot Lv45 @ None : Whirlwind / Roost / Wing Attack / Quick Attack
  • Swoobat Lv45 @ None : Psychic / Air Slash / Attract / Calm Mind
Edited by TheCaelondian

• 1 month later...

Ok so i'm trying to defeat Valerie, but i didn't know i would be facing her anytime soon and i don't have along of pokemon good against her. So, i've been trying to beat her with whatever i happen to have.

Here is my current team i've been trying to beat her with:

Ursaring lvl 41 (i just got him at the castle so he doesn't have good moves)

Ability: unnerve

Feint attack

play nice

sweet scent

slash

Emolga lvl44

ability: Motor Drive

electro ball

nuzzle

acrobatics

volt switch

Hitmonlee lvl 44

ability: Reckless

fake out

blaze kick

hi jump kick

stacking shot

Obamasnow lvl 43

Ability: Snow warning

swagger

blizzard

ice shard

wood hammer

electrode lvl 40

Ability: Aftermath

electro ball

charge beam

rollout

self destruct

mightyena lvl 44

Ability: quick feet

crunch

swagger

sand attack

take down

Here are some pokemon in my pc that either already strong or could possiblhy be used to beat her:

Charizard lvl 44

ability: Blaze

Nuzleaf lvl 15

Ability: early bird

(I don't have a leaf stone) DX

Mawile lvl 31

Ability Hyper Cutter

Zebstrika lvl 24

ability motor drive

(he's shiny)

Phantump lvl 30

Ability harvest

I feel like those are the only notable pokemon in my pc. SO if you have an idea for me or know if there is a way for me to leave this stupid island and go get better pokemon PLEASE HELP

Ok so i'm trying to defeat Valerie, but i didn't know i would be facing her anytime soon and i don't have along of pokemon good against her. So, i've been trying to beat her with whatever i happen to have.

Here is my current team i've been trying to beat her with:

Ursaring lvl 41 (i just got him at the castle so he doesn't have good moves)

Ability: unnerve

Feint attack

play nice

sweet scent

slash

Emolga lvl44

ability: Motor Drive

electro ball

nuzzle

acrobatics

volt switch

Hitmonlee lvl 44

ability: Reckless

fake out

blaze kick

hi jump kick

stacking shot

Obamasnow lvl 43

Ability: Snow warning

swagger

blizzard

ice shard

wood hammer

electrode lvl 40

Ability: Aftermath

electro ball

charge beam

rollout

self destruct

mightyena lvl 44

Ability: quick feet

crunch

swagger

sand attack

take down

Here are some pokemon in my pc that either already strong or could possiblhy be used to beat her:

Charizard lvl 44

ability: Blaze

Nuzleaf lvl 15

Ability: early bird

(I don't have a leaf stone) DX

Mawile lvl 31

Ability Hyper Cutter

Zebstrika lvl 24

ability motor drive

(he's shiny)

Phantump lvl 30

Ability harvest

I feel like those are the only notable pokemon in my pc. SO if you have an idea for me or know if there is a way for me to leave this stupid island and go get better pokemon PLEASE HELP

I would train-up that Zebstrika since it's Electric moves get buffed by the Field. Electrode and Emolga are good. Try to preserve Emolga for Ludicolo. Phantump and Nuzleaf could work but do not appriciate Ice Beams. I dunno if you could do the Shedinja strat listed above. Which Pokemon in particular are giving you trouble? You could mine for Leaf Stones on Terajuma Shore if you need to. Just be sure to soft-reset if you don't get what you want.

Edited by ShadowStar77

I would train-up that Zebstrika since it's Electric moves get buffed by the Field. Electrode and Emolga are good. Try to preserve Emolga for Ludicolo. Phantump and Nuzleaf could work but do not appriciate Ice Beams. I dunno if you could do the Shedinja strat listed above. Which Pokemon in particular are giving you trouble? You could mine for Leaf Stones on Terajuma Shore if you need to. Just be sure to soft-reset if you don't get what you want.

Emolga is good but usually doesn't get to far because he is weak to ice beam. you are right about the shedninja strat becuase i think nincada can only be caught in the jungle, which i can't get in. My main problem is that stupid lanturn because electric doesn't do anything and he has a berry or something that makes the first grass type move useless. given that i've only been using one grass type and his only grass type move has recoil, you can see why that is a problem. and sadly i already mined the rocks on the shore before i thought i needed them so a leaf stone is out of the picture.

Emolga is good but usually doesn't get to far because he is weak to ice beam. you are right about the shedninja strat becuase i think nincada can only be caught in the jungle, which i can't get in. My main problem is that stupid lanturn because electric doesn't do anything and he has a berry or something that makes the first grass type move useless. given that i've only been using one grass type and his only grass type move has recoil, you can see why that is a problem. and sadly i already mined the rocks on the shore before i thought i needed them so a leaf stone is out of the picture.

I have heard that Dustox is quite good for this battle. Dustox or it's Pre-Evolution are available Terauma Shore. Be sure to keep Light Screen on it. Quiver Dance is learned at Level 40. You should have the EXP Share for easier grinding and there should be Common Candies available if needed.

I have heard that Dustox is quite good for this battle. Dustox or it's Pre-Evolution are available Terauma Shore. Be sure to keep Light Screen on it. Quiver Dance is learned at Level 40. You should have the EXP Share for easier grinding and there should be Common Candies available if needed.

Thanks for the help i'll try it out