Site/Server Suggestions, Maintenance, & Discussion

Arkhi

Or maybe you want some quick new music suggestions by looking at the "What are you listening to?" thread by looking through the 3+ rep songs?

Or the funny picture thread?

or the tfw thread?

or any other thread with omgtastic number of posts and you're a new member and wanna jump to what may be the good stuff?

The use is niche, but maybe you could just adjust the filter to far more reasonable numbers rather than remove it completely.

Is this supposed to mean something to me? I'm still going to read the posts that I like and skim through things that I don't like, regardless of the votes a post received. Don't know how this is any relevant to my post.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While filtering by 1-3 rep points makes sense, going up by five does not so it should be tweaked from what it is right now. Also, i would like to add that when i try to go back to all my past profile feeds it shows uECqiIA.png which i think is useless and should just be taken out completely since all it does is turn it into dS5lpJN.png which is how it should always be organized in the first place.

Is this supposed to mean something to me? I'm still going to read the posts that I like and skim through things that I don't like, regardless of the votes a post received. Don't know how this is any relevant to my post.

I didn't mean to quote you, actually. It was supposed to be @ Etesian's post. Good catch I guess?

But there are topics with hundreds if not thousands of replies. Good luck reading all of that.

When you see this, you know there's been a new post in the Fan Game Expose, not in Rejuvenation's subforum. When you see this, it's a new post in the Onyx Arcade and maybe a new post in the Wasteland. Would it be possible to remove that maybe with the second one? Would certainly help people that, for example, don't care about Reju, but wanna know if something new's been posted in the Fan Game Expose. Maybe it could be made so that, instead of both the section and subsection name being bolded, like in the second screenshot^^, only the subsection's name is? Or something like that.

EDIT: messed up and didn't link my second image. It'd be like the first, but "Pokemon Rejuvenation" would be bolded.

one thing i think should be implemented (not sure if it has been suggested before), is a word limit to the status updates.

c'mon people, its a status bar ;-; its meant for a sentence or two, not a freaking paragraph.

im kinda sick and tired of seeing alot of rebornians lately typing rants, or long ass quotes or anything long really, and tbh, there are subforums where you can put this information.

just a thought. some of you might be for it, some might be against it, idk.

(i know there is that feature where the long ass paragraph is divided into sections, which turn into replies, but still, staring at a long list of words kinda looks stale to me)

one thing i think should be implemented (not sure if it has been suggested before), is a word limit to the status updates.

c'mon people, its a status bar ;-; its meant for a sentence or two, not a freaking paragraph.

im kinda sick and tired of seeing alot of rebornians lately typing rants, or long ass quotes or anything long really, and tbh, there are subforums where you can put this information.

just a thought. some of you might be for it, some might be against it, idk.

(i know there is that feature where the long ass paragraph is divided into sections, which turn into replies, but still, staring at a long list of words kinda looks stale to me)

There is already a word limit. It just cuts you off at some point. People often then finish their status' in replies but there is already a word limit.

I'd be against shortening it. Long status' don't really harm anyone and allow discussions that don't really fit in any subforum nor require a topic. The current word limit it fine in my opinion. I'd actually not have a problem with extending it rather than shortening it.

When you see this, you know there's been a new post in the Fan Game Expose, not in Rejuvenation's subforum. When you see this, it's a new post in the Onyx Arcade and maybe a new post in the Wasteland. Would it be possible to remove that maybe with the second one? Would certainly help people that, for example, don't care about Reju, but wanna know if something new's been posted in the Fan Game Expose. Maybe it could be made so that, instead of both the section and subsection name being bolded, like in the second screenshot^^, only the subsection's name is? Or something like that.

EDIT: messed up and didn't link my second image. It'd be like the first, but "Pokemon Rejuvenation" would be bolded.

Example:

Mre9iPH.png

Just tested the Status Update bar: the current limit, assuming I checked properly, is 500 characters. If it were to be consolidated, I'd wager 300 characters is sufficient. I do agree that the number of statuses with over 300 characters are a bit of an eye sore, but that's no so bad and even if we did make the change, that would depend if Ame, Dan, or Ikaru (or Swims) could adjust the Status Update Bar's character limit.

• 3 weeks later...

Soooooo my last thing wasn't really replied to?

So I didn't.... Whoops! I'm not sure this can be changed, since it contradicts how the code to highlight the subforum works. As some subforum (Site Help) is a subset of a primary forum (Grand Hall), if the sub is updated, the primary must be updated.

I'll add it to the list, but I'm not sure any progress will be made.

And also, is there any place where we can see keyboars shortcuts for writing posts? Like Ctrl+L for links, B/I/U for bold/italic/underline, etc.

I think that might be it. Besides the Ctrl + Arrow keys select all, and copy & paste, Ctrl + B, Ctrl + I, Ctrl + U, and Ctrl + L seem to be everything else.

With some of the shop items gone, I think the Item Count (shown in the All Categories of the Site Shop) is somewhat outdated.

Personalize Your Account! should have 3, not 4.

Miscellaneous should have 3, not 5.

Showdown Items should have 5, not 6.

With some of the shop items gone, I think the Item Count (shown in the All Categories of the Site Shop) is somewhat outdated.

Personalize Your Account! should have 3, not 4.

Miscellaneous should have 3, not 5.

Showdown Items should have 5, not 6.

I asked Ikaru to look into this and it's unavoidable, I'm afraid. There are items that are currently unable to be purchased, yet they still exist in the total inventory count. As such, we're going to have to deal with unclean numbers in matchup with the shown items in-shop. Still, it's good you brought this up. The shop needed a review. Thanks, Chubb!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
From the other topic-

OK this has to do with linking to specific posts within a thread. So if you're in the index and click here. (Seen on the right)

It will link you directly to the correct post (in this case the most recent one)

ScreenShot2015-01-19at71541PM_zps2da6072

It will take you to that post properly

URL = ...pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3364&page=45#entry263405

However if you try to go to that same post (or any other within a thread for that matter that isn't the last by clicking this here at the top right corner.

ScreenShot2015-01-19at71844PM_zpsbac0683

It doesn't do that it only takes you to the beginning of the thread, presumably because the page=## isn't generated within the URL this way.

URL = ....pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3364entry263405

[Page=## Not there]

I don't know how hidden posts would effect this, but would it be possible to code it in so that the generated redirect link from clicking the individual post link like the 2nd picture includes the page # and allow it to function the way it presumably should? I'd assume you've probably already looked into this by now though.

Thanks to a combined effort between my eyes of a hawk, and Dan's dark cyber magic, this has finally been fixed.

Yorokobe, shounen.

^ Hey, that's me.

There are a few issues with the upload emoticon shop item that I've been having. Firstly, specifications are pretty unclear. I can't find anything that lists the min/max image dimensions or max file size. Also, when using the item, some of the text instructions are a bit unclear.

6fIe0bY.jpg

The underlined part there, for example. I'm assuming that box is for the text part of the emoticon, like :wink: or something, but it's labeled the same as the first part, which is really misleading as to its actual purpose. I've also been having some issues actually uploading anything. Half of the time I'll choose a file and fill in the lower box, but the "Use Item" button doesn't do anything (The page doesn't start loading or anything. It just stays on the same page and does nothing no matter how many times I click it.) I'm not sure what causes that, because it has worked for me other times. But when it does work, I've just been getting a message that says something along the lines of "Image failed to upload." I'm not sure if this is because of file size or dimensions or what because, like I said earlier, they aren't listed anywhere. I'd imagine that's not the case though. The file I'm attempting is only 30x35 with a file size of 8kb, which is pretty small all around. That leads me to wonder if we aren't allowed to upload emoticons anymore or something, as I haven't seen a new one in a long time. But if that's the case, the item should be removed.

• 2 weeks later...