Site/Server Suggestions, Maintenance, & Discussion

Arkhi

Edited the OP to include that the old PO HTML chat should probably be removed.

For those curious, here it is: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/po/chat/

Edit: Removed the "Update the Help Topics" suggestion: those topics come straight from IP Board and cannot be changed. I'll dig more into the limitations of IP Board 3.4.6 and see what I can remove from the suggestions lists.

Edited by Arkhidon

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If it were possible to implement, a feature where we can determine what threads will toggle "new posts in this section" would be handy. As in, the Reborn Pokeball icons on the main page light up when there are new posts in threads for that section. If we had a way to limit it to "Only light up when x threads have new posts" it would be useful (For me at least). Each thread could have an "Add to new post list" sort of thing to keep track of it individually. I realize following a thread kinda accomplishes the same thing, but that ends up clogging your notifications when you have multiple threads followed. This would be much cleaner in my opinion.

This would likely go in the "takes a large amount of work" section, and I don't expect it would be followed through on anyway. Still, I would find it super handy if it somehow happened.

So you're saying to make the Reborn Pokeball light up when a particular thread is posted in?

Basically yeah. For both the main forum page and subforums. If we could designate specific threads that will light it up, it would be easier to know if threads you're interested in have new posts at a quick glance. Like I said, following a topic is sort of the same thing, but I think this would keep things cleaner for people who want to pay attention to many specific topics.

Two very vital issues that must be fixed ASAP, despite how icky they are: the Terms of Use, which should be accessible when a user creates an account, are NOT accessible. As such, no user can rightfully claim to have read nor agreed to the Terms of Use when they aren't able to be viewed.

Additionally, our Privacy Policy claims it is linked from the bottom of every page, when it actually is not. Either it needs to be placed at the bottom of every page or that part of the Policy must be removed to reflect that it is not. These are moot points that may not get us in trouble, but if it does, we'd have one hell of a time justifying our claim.

Also, if possible, adding the requirement to have read and follow the Community Rules could be added to the registration process.

I'm adding updating the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to the OP. The latter suggestion, adding the requirement to abide by the Community Rules during registration, is also going on the list.

Not sure how this would be implemented, but if a user is under Mod Queue, while posting a "phantom post" will appear and would only be visible to said member allowing them to edit the post if they made a mistake and a note of it will be made to the moderator that something was changed.

Edited by Solarance

It's up to how the auth make it work and if they think it's necessary. I'll get an opinion.

Edit: For the number of users on Mod queue and how relatively infrequently they post in relation to others, this wouldn't bear much for the effort it' take to implement. If you really are pushing for it, then I can add it.

Edited by Arkhidon'tcare

Staff List needs to be updated, specifically change Buster Perriwinkle back to DashingStorm and also add Victory Road under him.

The Server list reflects the former, but the Forum Staff doesn't. Adding this to the OP.

I swear I'm not suggesting this because the bug report made me look stupid but

Turns out there's no page for Weather Effects in Reborn. For example, the prevalence of wind in a battle grants the Delta Stream effect that MRayquaza boasts and has been the subject of numerous Bug Reports, all of which were ruled as solved. They could be removed- or at least lessened- if the Field Effects page included Weather Effects as well.

Should the Field Effects page include the effects of weather conditions in Reborn as well?

Request to change the words "User CP" on the control panel to something else, preferably something that doesn't sound illegal

I like this explanation. Not sure it can be changed, but added to the OP.

How about a search feature for PMs? It's quite a pain to go through 50 pages of a conversation just to find that one specific message.

Also, when you submit a report, it takes you back to the topic where you reported something and you have a "Sending Report..." thing, which just fades away once it's been sent (I think?). Some sort of confirmation would be nice, anything saying "Report sent" or something like that.

How about a search feature for PMs? It's quite a pain to go through 50 pages of a conversation just to find that one specific message.

Also, when you submit a report, it takes you back to the topic where you reported something and you have a "Sending Report..." thing, which just fades away once it's been sent (I think?). Some sort of confirmation would be nice, anything saying "Report sent" or something like that.

I like this... Are you thinking a sort of PM system, such as when a user submits a Pokemon of the Day, Song of the Day, or Voice Name change? Or maybe a custom notification in our Notifications page?

Or maybe even both?

If you mean getting a PM when we submit a PotD/SotD/Voice Name Change/Report, sure, that works? I mean, never used any of those items. What I meant is this. That's all you get when reporting a post/topic. No "Report sent" or anything, it just fades away and that's it.

I dunno about the Notifications tab. I think it'll be completely useless (at least for me) until it gets a "(X New)" counter like what the Messenger has. Y'know, so that it actually notifies you when something happens.