Site/Server Suggestions, Maintenance, & Discussion

Arkhi

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That may or may not be fixed soon. If not, I'll throw it into the list. Also, the misspelling you mentioned in your previous reply won't explicitly be fixed because it'll be removed soon.

Hi, im new here. Can i suggest something? about character avatar... i changed on Ep 14 and i cant get my avatar back. My suggestion is if you can put on new episode, 16, a way to change it when i want.

Do you mean your in-game sprite was changed to one of the alternate character sprites? There was a part of that dialogue that warned this cannot be changed on your own in-game. If you really want that changed to a different sprite, we could see about getting someone with RMXP to revert your sprite.

Yeah, sprites. i want change it. But im a litte afraid about RPG maker... i saw peoples here reporting a lot of problems with it. If no exist another way, i ask if you can put more sprites on 16, like episode 14. For just pick one, who want change.

Yeah, sprites. i want change it. But im a litte afraid about RPG maker... i saw peoples here reporting a lot of problems with it. If no exist another way, i ask if you can put more sprites on 16, like episode 14. For just pick one, who want change.

People don't have problems with RPG Maker XP. RPG Maker XP is used to fix problems in Pokemon Reborn.

I do think it would be nice to have the ability to switch your sprite in Reborn, though, since those were only there for episodes when new sprites are released. However, this isn't really the place to be asking, as this topic is for the website's suggestions, rather than the game's suggestions (you'd probably make a new topic in the Reborn City subforum in that case).

People don't have problems with RPG Maker XP. RPG Maker XP is used to fix problems in Pokemon Reborn.

I do think it would be nice to have the ability to switch your sprite in Reborn, though, since those were only there for episodes when new sprites are released. However, this isn't really the place to be asking, as this topic is for the website's suggestions, rather than the game's suggestions (you'd probably make a new topic in the Reborn City subforum in that case).

Thanks and sorry about that.. im new here and im litte confused about this forum.. but i will try do it right. thanks!

You can actually change your sprite without using RPG Maker. It just involves renaming some game files. I'd be happy to walk you through it or set up a folder for you if you let me know which sprite you have and which sprite you want. You can PM me or whatever if you want.

• 5 weeks later...

That seems a bit too specific even if there are quite a few of those topics. If you can find a way to generalize a bit more, you'll have my attention.

Something like "celebrations" or "personal matters"? Only logical things I could think of.

Something like... "personal matters"?

Thing is Trainer's Journal already entails that. It's a wide catch-all, so Birthday and Milestone threads are fitting. Generalizing a sub-forum for that could clutter the Et Cetera section real quick.

• Support Squad

Thing is Trainer's Journal already entails that. It's a wide catch-all, so Birthday and Milestone threads are fitting. Generalizing a sub-forum for that could clutter the Et Cetera section real quick.

Conversely there's a lot of clutter in the form of these threads already, pushing down other Topics in Trainers journal when there's an influx of AMAs, BDays and milestone threads.

Having a public celebration subsection would just seperate all of these away and keep things afloat for longer in Trainers journal. It'll also be nice for when there's an influx of these threads, which does happen every so often.

Plus gaming has eight sections, Etcetera only has seven and doing this for trainers journal would mean each section in et cetera has one sub which greatly satisfies my sense of order.

While we're on the topic of threads and sub-threads, I guess I'll bring this up. It's more of an organizational thing, but if you look at the description for the Creative Works section, it says "Share your writing, art, music, or anything else you made! Or check out the roleplay forum here and live someone else's fantasy." However, the "Art!" thread and various other art things, such as Viri's Art thread are in the Radio Tower, despite "art" being listed as part of Creative Works. Shia's thread and Alice's thread both used to be in the Radio Tower but got moved, so perhaps the same should be done for other art-related threads?

The other option would be renaming "Creative Works" to "Creative Writing," which is pretty much the purpose it serves right now, for the most part. RPs go in the RP section and all other writing goes in "Creative Works." Aside from Shia and Alice's threads, that's pretty much how the section is organized now. I'd actually lean more towards this option personally. Maybe this would make the section a bit too specialized, but that honestly wouldn't be much different from how it is now. I always associate art threads with the Radio Tower rather than Creative Works, and I'm sure there might be others who do too. But either way, I think some organizational change is needed.

We only just changed the old Creative writing subforum into creative works, so it would be pretty counterproductive to go back.

We're currently in the process of moving the art threads, so if you see any that you want moved you can let a global mod know and they'll move it.

We only just changed the old Creative writing subforum into creative works, so it would be pretty counterproductive to go back.

We're currently in the process of moving the art threads, so if you see any that you want moved you can let a global mod know and they'll move it.

That actually explains a lot. I remembered it being Creative Writing but thought I'd just remembered incorrectly. In that case, this is all a pretty moot point, aside from suggesting other Art threads to be moved. Thanks for clearing that up, I'd never heard about the change.

That actually explains a lot. I remembered it being Creative Writing but thought I'd just remembered incorrectly. In that case, this is all a pretty moot point, aside from suggesting other Art threads to be moved. Thanks for clearing that up, I'd never heard about the change.

Yea, it's bein' woooorked on. I need to update a lot of the stuff to cover the wide amount of content that is now within the Sub-forum. Moving stuff will come later unless people ask me via pm or elsewhere. I will at that point make sure it's got a global's attention for it to be moved.

• 5 weeks later...

Um, not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but how about co-posting? Like, for example, where two people can edit a post in the same place. Like, let's say for example, I post something about a game I'm making with someone else on Reborn. Well, that other person can edit the post I made about my game. You know what I'm saying?

If you guys want me to clarify this, please let me know! :D

It's a good suggestion- one that was made previously. I worked alongside Chubb to attempt to forward this suggestion, though it was discontinued, and is listed under the 2015 Previous Suggestions:

-Allow inter-member post editing. (Suggested by Arkhidon, 7/7/15)

The idea is that one member creates a thread and another non-auth member, if given permission, can edit it.

Post modification of others' posts reserved solely for auth. If a time comes when this is very necessary for non-auth, contact Arkhidon or Chubb for details.

Part of the reason the suggestion was axed was that we didn't know that this could be implemented into the site. Another problem could be abuse of this power- in the wrong hands, one user's work could be entirely erased, with no method by which to retrieve it.

Though with a big update incoming, we could definitely explore this.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but may I suggest that the winner of a tournament wins some kind of prize? Or, you can have prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. It can be a small prize, like you win some rupees, you win an art drawing, or you can get a sprite for free made by Shia something like that. I don't know. What do you guys think of this?

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but may I suggest that the winner of a tournament wins some kind of prize? Or, you can have prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. It can be a small prize, like you win some rupees, you win an art drawing, or you can get a sprite for free made by Shia something like that. I don't know. What do you guys think of this?

This would be amazing because not only would tourneys be for fun but then people can actually benefit from them by getting rupees or a free sprite or something which is awesome.

I endorse this! :)