Site/Server Suggestions, Maintenance, & Discussion

Arkhi

I don't know if anybody would be interested, but how about a Manga subforum and a Anime subforum for the Pokemon Fan Club? Or maybe just combine them into one? It's a pretty common thing in other forums I've seen, and there's a couple of threads about both.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anybody would be interested, but how about a Manga subforum and a Anime subforum for the Pokemon Fan Club? Or maybe just combine them into one? It's a pretty common thing in other forums I've seen, and there's a couple of threads about both.

I can't really justify it with the 'Anything Anime!' thread having only 45 pages in 2 years. And combining it with the Pokemon Fan Club..... that's kind of ludicrous if you ask me.

I can't really justify it with the 'Anything Anime!' thread having only 45 pages in 2 years. And combining it with the Pokemon Fan Club..... that's kind of ludicrous if you ask me.

The Pokemon anime does kinda suck... Oh well, perhaps the Manga part will be popular enough? Probably not.

It's not like I'm that desperate for one, but I just wanted to see if others would've been interested.

I'd look to what happened with the Athletics forum as some sort of reference. There would need to be continuous, returning interest in the topic. If there is, I guess it could be considered. It would be worth talking to Ikaru or Dan.

Can we remove the notifications that regard the Messenger? Basically we get two notifications of the same thing, since the messenger already notifies you if someone has replied to you, added you to a conversation or left one.

edit: it doesn't if they leave one, but it could be modified to show if they did.

This thread is also outdated: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2961

Mostly it's just names of forums, but there are also some new ones!

Also, I think there should be a description for PCRL, even if it's a short one. Just so new people don't get confused by it.

In addition, this may or may not be a typo, but in the Community Announcements subforum, there's no "." It is a fragment, but there aren't any other descriptions without punctuation. Scratch that, the Wasteland's description doesn't have punctuation either. So I guess it's okay.

This thread is also outdated: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2961

Mostly it's just names of forums, but there are also some new ones!

Also, I think there should be a description for PCRL, even if it's a short one. Just so new people don't get confused by it.

In addition, this may or may not be a typo, but in the Community Announcements subforum, there's no "." It is a fragment, but there aren't any other descriptions without punctuation.

That.... That is actually something that when we did Pinned Topics Spring cleaning... I said I'd update.....

Will do this weekend.

Some threads to be moved:

From the Wasteland to Reborn City (creator was new, so he probably didn't know where to put them.):

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14427

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14424

Done.

Maybe this one from the Wasteland to Pokemon Fan Club? I mean, it relates to Pokemon, so...

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10081

Also, maybe this one from the Wasteland to the Fan-Game Expose:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14604

This from Reborn City to Team Showcase:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15357

From On the Hunt to Team Showcase:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15314

I'll look out for other things!

EDIT: I just realized no one bother to move most of those before. It was done late, but it was done. - Vinny

Also, I just made general Discussion threads for Anime and Manga, since a subforum is rather unlikely. There's only a handful of us who have seen at least a few episodes of the new season of the anime, and as for manga, some of us don't really read those.

I know, I'm double posting, but...

Maybe we could get rid of Donate Reborn Rupees to ourselves when we're looking at our own profile? I mean, we can't even use it (I tested it when I was first exploring the forums).

Also, just a question, but will we ever be getting more style swappers for the Reborn Home Page? I could see a yellow one in the future, but they might be too much effort to make. Just wondering.

Don't sweat it when there's at least a day's time between your last post and your new post contains new information. That's a benevolent double post. Anyway, I'll add this and your previous post to the OP.

• Support Squad

Site shop mess with others items, like change pic or Status, should have a fixed time limit before the person who it was used on can update.

Kay, another suggestion: Bring back a list of whose birthdays are today! We could also take it another step and put it on the calendar that was suggested to be used more, as well as other important days, like the forums' birthday! Perhaps the sidebar would be a good location?

Kay, another suggestion: Bring back a list of whose birthdays are today! We could also take it another step and put it on the calendar that was suggested to be used more, as well as other important days, like the forums' birthday! Perhaps the sidebar would be a good location?

Yeaaah, that thing was axed once already.

Too many people who are not here anymore/don't care/bots in the birthday list.

I don't see any reasons to bring back the birthday tab, although I'd still like to see the calendar being used more.

No thoughts on what could be used though :/

Edited the OP to suggest adjusting the upvote limits. They're rather absurd.

This may be rather ironic (Or hyproctitical) coming from me, but i'll have to go ahead and agree on this one. While I'm not even going to comment on my latest endeavors (bad vinny burn him to death), those limit s are too much. Considering the fact that no one ever talked about the limit before I did my thing, it shows that most people are willing to give their points to what matters to them.

I know rep isn't really all that important, but there's no reason to f**k it up like I did. I'll support it \o/

Vlado Vladimir has reported that the Community FAQ has not been updated with the new way to get Ace Membership, right over here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14638&page=2#entry360359

Also, perhaps a new thread should be created for threads that need to be moved that Mods may have forgotten about? It'll help clean out this thread, as well. Still, it might be too small to be anything major. But anyway, this thread is still in the wrong place. It should go from Fan-Game Expose to either Rejuvenation or Reborn City (I still don't know what game this is in...)

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15637

Also, perhaps a new thread should be created for threads that need to be moved that Mods may have forgotten about? It'll help clean out this thread, as well. Still, it might be too small to be anything major. But anyway, this thread is still in the wrong place. It should go from Fan-Game Expose to either Rejuvenation or Reborn City (I still don't know what game this is in...)

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15637

I'm looking at the reports and there's not a single one about this topic being in the wrong place.

What I mean by that, is that the topic IS in the wrong place, but no one used the report button on it yet. Yes, you can report topics that are in the wrong place.

I'm looking at the reports and there's not a single one about this topic being in the wrong place.

What I mean by that, is that the topic IS in the wrong place, but no one used the report button on it yet. Yes, you can report topics that are in the wrong place.

...I did not know that. Well then, I suppose I'll be using the Report button more often!

So there's been an increase in the frequency with which people mistake the Status Update Bar for the Search Bar. If this continues to occur, it will be worth making an entirely separate thread to determine, as a community, what can be done. Should it come to that, a plan is in order.

We'll need the admins' permission, but I'm thinking of these as valid options:

-Switch the positions of the Search Bar and Status Update Bar. It's a bit of a wager, but the number of times people have confused the two makes this worth a shot. Besides, putting the Search Bar right above where it says Pokemon Reborn will make it rather fitting.

-Link to the Search Page instead. This idea is rather radical; we're all used to the bar with the magnifying glass next to it, so locating this will be more difficult if it's not a familiar aesthetic. Still, once the user is at the Search Page, they'll be given tools to narrow down their search.

-Remove the Status Update Bar. This option is dangerous, since status updates cannot be made from a user's own profile. Still, if that was made possible, then this would be the best option. Status updates are just for fun, most frequently.

-Place a caption above the Status Update Bar. Here's a simple fix. It can just say Status Update: or something similar. (Parallel to the Pokemon Reborn or Customize caption above the corresponding features) Though if people can't read the "Search" that's in the Search Bar, then I have doubts this will do any good. Still, it's an option.

If there's a better plan out there, post it here. Only so many people can make mistake the two bars until we realize the mistake is our own.

I will just point out that I have zero experience or knowledge with anything connected to making websites, so if my idea is out of place or simply impossible for any reason I apologise. My idea of the search/status solution would be to change the status bar into something like when you want to view someones "spoiler". You press on it and then you see more of it. For example you would have something above the pokemon reborn tab saying "something on your mind?" or "status bar" and when you press it, it opens the small tab below just like you have now to enter your status, without refreshing the site or connecting to something. Or it can be a bit more flashy and when you press the status icon or whatever it would be called it vanishes and is replaced with the status bar.