Site/Server Suggestions, Maintenance, & Discussion

Arkhi

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if i can add this to bugs or not, but...

I've been trying to delete my trainer card since yesterday and it doesn't disappear. I can still see it.

Don't know if that's happening only with me, but i thought i could mention it nonetheless.

Don't know if i can add this to bugs or not, but...

I've been trying to delete my trainer card since yesterday and it doesn't disappear. I can still see it.

Don't know if that's happening only with me, but i thought i could mention it nonetheless.

It took a while to load for me, but my trainer card appears to be gone now after I attempted to delete mine, so it should.

I second the mobile friendly proposal. It gets quite annoying.

Also as a small suggestion would it be possible to redirect new users to the Forum Rules page the first time they visit? I think it would help make sure new users understand the rules.

• Administrators

Got it. That one will i try to remember.

Also can we have like spoiler button when we post something. Some people like me haven't the buttons on keyboard for making spoilers.

[] <--- These key buttons.

Before i set spoiler tags in my signature for doing this easier, i had to go my old topic's and copy and paste the spoiler thing. It's annoyed me a bit.

It would help many other people.

This is already doable, like so (using spoilers as an example):

eAuwjPz.png

KvOhcQG.png

tnkSsa5.png

This results in:

test

Arguably, this could remain unchanged, simply so that readers don't immediately learn about every character there is in Reborn. It's good to leave a lot to the imagination, so that's up to the higher-ups.

Added to the OP.

The character page has been discussed elsewhere (link) and somewhere on the forums as well, though I can't remember where. It's almost entirely up to Ame.

As for the mobile site stuff, given the previous issues with it, last I remember Ame just removed the mobile skin entirely so that mobile users had the full site as well. As a last resort, I would suggest using a different browser, at least for now.

The site shop should include things like presents for each other. They do not necessarily need to be in the "cute" or the "mess-with-others" form only. Eg it's someone's birthday (say Mael) and you want to send him a present (eg a bomb) that can be used on his comments or status updates and change them somehow into something more peculiar.

Example:

Several custom items that change the fonts a person writes in. This could be for a limited time, one time use, or for limited uses.

Benign example: We include a font that has flowers and pretty colours (that could change with time like gifs), or a cool ninja font with shuriken instead of dots over i, sharp letters etc

Malignant example: Make someone have "doctor's handwriting" for a day.

Also can we do something about edited posts? Suppose you are on a page and somebody edits their post. Can there be a pop up for that? Something like how we get for any new posts.

Also can we do something about edited posts? Suppose you are on a page and somebody edits their post. Can there be a pop up for that? Something like how we get for any new posts.

You're suggesting the thread appear as if someone else posted when a post is edited, correct?

If so, that could be troublesome with people frequently updating posts.

I'll add to the OP once I get home and have access to my laptop.

Could be misleading for days in which some mods are feeling extra tired or oblivious. Possibly could make them believe there's a double post and perhaps issue incorrect warnings.

On second thought, it's better to weigh the option rather than tack it onto the OP's list prematurely.

Before even considering applying edits to update a thread, would that be possible to implement? Also, when users edit their posts, who is to police what is wrong and right, even when a post from long ago is edited? Lastly, if this is an option that we are capable of implementing, would people want a check box, similar to the "Show "Edit By" Line" for posts being edited? i.e. A box next to "Show "Edit By" Line" that says "Update Thread".

Suppose you are viewing a thread and somebody posted something.. While you are replying to that they ended up editing their post.. we don't get notifications for that.. By notification I meant how a little pop up thing comes when there are new replies to a post which you are viewing.. Something along the same lines, only this would say,"Person X edited post # in the thread."

Could be misleading for days in which some mods are feeling extra tired or oblivious. Possibly could make them believe there's a double post and perhaps issue incorrect warnings.

I don't see why a mod should be too concerned about it?? It would only happen if the mod is viewing that thread and then also there would be a pop up saying the post has been edited..

This is already doable, like so (using spoilers as an example):

eAuwjPz.png

KvOhcQG.png

tnkSsa5.png

This results in:

test

The character page has been discussed elsewhere (link) and somewhere on the forums as well, though I can't remember where. It's almost entirely up to Ame.

As for the mobile site stuff, given the previous issues with it, last I remember Ame just removed the mobile skin entirely so that mobile users had the full site as well. As a last resort, I would suggest using a different browser, at least for now.

Ah thanks. Gotta use that a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Can the 'Create a Trainer Card!' page have a import for Showdown as well? It hasn't been updated yet, and since we're registered on Showdown, it would make a lot of sense to have Showdown Importables for the Trainer card section...

Using Showdown Importable... http://prntscr.com/6ylzq9

Using PO Importable... http://prntscr.com/6ylzzc

Well, Ikaru finished updating the Character list! Although, he condensed every character's description into a quote... He does say that he might improve it later, but it is fully updated with every character, which is pretty nice for new people.

Edited by Chubb the Pig

• Administrators

Well, Ikaru finished updating the Character list! Although, he condensed every character's description into a quote... He does say that he might improve it later, but it is fully updated with every character, which is pretty nice for new people.

Just following orders:

[5/1/2015 1:13:30 PM] Amethyst: i also wanted to redo the layout of it as a whole

[5/1/2015 1:13:35 PM] Amethyst: which is why i haven't done it yet

[5/1/2015 1:13:40 PM] Amethyst: but i guess it might be better to at least

[5/1/2015 1:13:42 PM] Amethyst: get it updated.

-

[5/1/2015 1:31:42 PM] Amethyst: I'm tempted to just nyx the descriptions anyway.

[5/1/2015 1:33:08 PM] Amethyst: It might be tidier and more effective to let the quotes speak for themselves, and maybe group it by rivals/leaders/misc

-

[5/1/2015 4:57:30 PM] Amethyst: I'll probably still reformat it eventually anyway.

So my work on it is done and the rest is up to her.

As for showdown imports for the trainer cards, that was something I brought up when we first switched and I'm surprised it isn't done yet... I'll bug Ame about it.

Maybe a Link under Messenger that says Notifications? I hate having to go to the 'Edit Settings' page just to see if I got notifications, but that's just me.

I have an idea as to how to do this, so I'll try that. If it works, there'll be a link right where you suggested :P

EDIT: It's not as simple as I thought it would be, but I'll make Ame try it eventually. It can't be too hard.