Site/Server Suggestions, Maintenance, & Discussion

Arkhi

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bug: If you have enough friends, you may(?) get a second window for more friends (I haven't actually found a second example of this yet). However, if you don't have enough friends to have at least one on the second page, the friend page will say "[user] hasn't added any friends yet." An example would be this: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showuser=50615&tab=friends&st=100

Ooo, there's an interesting bug. Adding to the OP.

can we have a number light up next to the notifications when we get one kind of like when we receive multiple messages?

This has been suggested already.

I also found something else by snooping around threads. In the "What Type Are You?" Quiz, Fairy types still have not been implemented. (Of course, Ame has a lot to do, and remaking the quiz would take a while, but it is still a suggestion!)

I think it hasn't been added because someone else who is no longer in Reborn created it and because of the low priority it holds. And really, fairy-types have messed up Reborn. Noel's no longer a mono-type trainer because of it.

Pokemon Reborn seems to take the fans' desires into account for how it's made. Thus I'm wondering if changes to the moves certain Pokemon can learn have been made. I'm guessing so and have found it frustrating that I couldn't find a page listing such changes. So my suggestion is that such a page be created.

Pokemon Reborn seems to take the fans' desires into account for how it's made. Thus I'm wondering if changes to the moves certain Pokemon can learn have been made. I'm guessing so and have found it frustrating that I couldn't find a page listing such changes. So my suggestion is that such a page be created.

Thing is, Reborn wants to resemble the games. That's why there's no fan-made Pokemon or custom moves.

Somebody could edit Reborn's PBS files if they wanted to change movesets, though.

Would it be feasible to remove the 4 letter lower limit on the search bar? To my mind it serves no purpose.

Yeah, I support this. I think it's somewhere on the list already?

Oh, and Arkhi, when you merged this with the Nightclub thread, you forgot to take out Skitty's post, which non-Ace+ can access.

Speaking on that, if we make the banners for each sub-forum, maybe we can have extra-important threads at the top, like rules and news?

Would it be feasible to remove the 4 letter lower limit on the search bar? To my mind it serves no purpose.

Could you expand on this more? Do you mean the character limit on searches ought to be removed?

If so, that was suggested somewhere before. Thing is, I don't know if it could be incorporated or used effectively. I can only assume that too broad of searches would fail to appear. Heck, even when you search all the forums for common four-letter words like "from" or "when", no results for the Forums are found, even though there have been plenty of threads containing both words. If it's not on the list, I can add it, but I'm not sure it can be incorporated.

Oh, and Arkhi, when you merged this with the Nightclub thread, you forgot to take out Skitty's post, which non-Ace+ can access.

The post there cannot be accessed by Guests or Members. When it is attempted to be viewed, it brings up the error page with the error something along the lines of "You do not have permission to view that".

Speaking on that, if we make the banners for each sub-forum, maybe we can have extra-important threads at the top, like rules and news?

I'll add this below Autumn's suggestion. Do you perhaps mean threads located above Pinned Threads, like in the RCBA Sub-forum?

Ex:

o2nNWBT.png

And finally, I have edited the OP to reflect all of this and updated it to remove the Site Discussion.

Edited by Arkhidon

The post there cannot be accessed by Guests or Members. When it is attempted to be viewed, it brings up the error page with the error something along the lines of "You do not have permission to view that".

I'll add this below Autumn's suggestion. Do you perhaps mean threads located above Pinned Threads, like in the RCBA Sub-forum?

Oops, can't*

Also, yeah, that's what I mean, Ark. If people see something like that, they might check it first. It would help a LOT for stuff like Bug Reporting, where many people don't look at the E15 bug list before they report a bug.

Oops, can't*

This changes EVERYTHING!

Anyway, those who have the ability to change the site should have sufficient permissions to be able to view the post in question. If people really are curious, I could take a screenshot.

So long as announcements can be edited, then they could be a very effective means to grab attention from potential readers/posters and explain rules or some other like real quick. As Chubb said, that could be efficient in the Bug Reporting forum. Or even in the Troubleshooting thread, if Dashie's feeling up for making the announcement (or has the permissions).

Anyway, a new (but probably unnecessary) idea: Have a subforum for Reborn Showdown Server stuff? It could have Server news (cleaning up Mews and Announcements a bit), as well as threads about clubs on the server like the AlphaOmega one or Rose's Gaming Night? Again, probably unnecessary.

Also, the Fan-Game Expose subforum might be getting a bit popular and crowded; perhaps we should separate the fan-games in development from the help threads with making a fan-game or the suggestions for fan-games? It's not necessary right now, but it's definitely going to keep expanding, and the idea might be needed then.

I can see the application and use of a Reborn Showdown sub-forum bearing fruit. It could have a myriad of uses, but I'm not sure how frequently it would be used, though.
As for expanding upon the Fan-Game subforum, I don't see how detailing it further could work... I'll add that to the current discussion topic, but if you really think it could be very beneficial, then I'll add it to the Suggestions list.

Edited the OP.

I don't know to what degree this is possible or whether or not anyone is willing to do it, but to add on to what Chubb said, but many of the new fan games are gaining popularity. At some point they may approach the level of popularity of Rejuvenation, and thus could be deserving of their own sub-forums. Only problem is eventually you'd have like six subforums in Fan Game Expose.

Yeah, pretty much what Dark said. Also, I was thinking to have a subforum for fan-game help (i.e. how to implement this) and suggestions (i.e. should I play this?).

Of course, the fan-game subforum doesn't have too many threads right now, but as I stated before, it will get pretty crowded...

The Essentails Wiki is more than enough for help on creating a fangame.

Pretty true, unless you're very ambitious and want unique features like Fields. Still, you could always PM somebody who has experience with Essentials...

Oh well, there's bound to be a couple threads asking for help.

Yeah, pretty much what Dark said. Also, I was thinking to have a subforum for fan-game help (i.e. how to implement this) and suggestions (i.e. should I play this?).

I'd say one fan game forum is plenty. A lot of them I honestly have doubts if they'll ever come to fruition fully. I don't find it necessary myself.

As for implementation help. We could start a thread and pin it. I won't be the one to start it though.

Let's talk date syntax: Reborn needs to recognize a dating format. It seems appropriate that that format used is MM/DD/YY, since most Staff or server auth are based on the US (where this dating format is used) or use the same format for another reason. So this should be easy to avoid in the future:

6cbyD7w.png

I'm not posting this because the SotD is perfect

AHAAA! I have located the thread. (Edit: It has come to my attention that I may have "located" the wrong thread.)

I have a qualm. A qualm regarding an extremely important question.

it's about the sprite shop.

I guess I should say "Questions".

And "Qualms" because there are 2.

NUMERO articUNO: How does one achieve "Rupees"? Initially, I had intuitively thought that you had to buy them with real world currencies but I swear I had more today than I did before... maybe I'm just paranoid...

NUMERO zapDOS: Where are the suspenders? Where?? Suspenders are a perfectly legitimate piece of clothing and they should have the same rights as any hairstyle (even Cain's) or novelty headware. In case you don't know, I'm talking about these things:

mJc_9ZUJ-lkXTS8h1c2qqrA.jpg

NUMERO molTRES: (That's right, I added another one) There doesn't seem to be any slippers in your store. How am I expected to waste my life sitting in front of a computer without relaxing, virtual slippers? It's unthinkable! Preposterous! Heretical! (okay maybe not heretical).

Anyhow, have a nice day :D :D :D

Warm Regards,

Juuzou.

Edited by Juuzou