Site/Server Suggestions, Maintenance, & Discussion

Arkhi

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having or getting people to update important pinned subjects like On the hunt's Location guide and other things so we don't have to go through 30 pages of old and or irrelevant information. Or simply removing posts from pinned subjects that are like a year old.

This is one application for creating new member classes. When the creator of a thread is no longer able to edit the OP, only Staff/Moderators and above are capable of editing that post. As it stands, there's nothing that can be fixed- the need to update a post lies on the thread's creator to do so.

As for cleaning up the On The Hunt forum, there's a suggestion. Updating OP.

its an iphone 5s with google chrome

The way the site loads on iOS is honestly very bad. I'll add this to the OP. Note that the site layout is only poor on iOS. My Android phone loads the site in Web view. Until a fix can be made, are you able to switch to Web View on your phone? It may be somewhere at the bottom of the site.

Yeah I thought it would be pretty difficult to moderate especially when you don't know what exactly people or the original uploader would mind having removed. Also I can't speak for everyone but I assume some would be a little miffed at having their posts taken away, for the sake of saving less clicks. Also can't imagine anyone wants to remake guides and other important discussions seeing as how most if not all pinned topics are still being discussed. Bit of a headspinner.

This is one application for creating new member classes. When the creator of a thread is no longer able to edit the OP, only Staff/Moderators and above are capable of editing that post. As it stands, there's nothing that can be fixed- the need to update a post lies on the thread's creator to do so.

As for cleaning up the On The Hunt forum, there's a suggestion. Updating OP.

The way the site loads on iOS is honestly very bad. I'll add this to the OP. Note that the site layout is only poor on iOS. My Android phone loads the site in Web view. Until a fix can be made, are you able to switch to Web View on your phone? It may be somewhere at the bottom of the site.

no, when i hit full site it says can not find page and when i trying get the app version it says its not for usa

no, when i hit full site it says can not find page and when i trying get the app version it says its not for usa

huh, I didn't even know there was an app for this. Well, that suggestion is in the OP. I'm not sure what kind of fix there could be. Since many people own iPhones, this is a higher priority suggestion, so I'll make it prevalent.

Edit: Whoops, I broke the site. Added this bug to the OP.

Edited by Arkhidon

While it's probably because it's too much work, most of the older members that don't go on anymore are still just Members, rather than Familiars or Veterans.

Also, maybe we could have the number of new/unread notifications next to the notification button so we know when something has popped up?

Also, maybe we could have the number of new/unread notifications next to the notification button so we know when something has popped up?

Oh, that would actually be super helpful. Adding to the OP.

Site Cleanup #3

These threads should be moved to Mews and Announcements to Community Announcements:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=995

Also, question: What happened to the Research Center subforum?

Added the cleanup to the OP. As for the Research Center, I believe that was changed to Public Development.

You should have saved the broken post for posterity!

Minor Site Bug: When a topic has a certain number of pages, clicking on the post number doesn't provide you with the right link for said post.

Example: If I click on the "#136" on the post above mine, it gives me this link:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13581entry373430

And it brings me back to the first page. Instead, the link (On this case) should be:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13581&page=7#entry373430

Basically, the first link is missing the "page=X" before the entry. A minor thing.

If I could make the links appear fully, it'd be easier to see. Oh well.

Another suggestion: Members should be able to leave group chats of 3+ without having to delete the whole chat if they want to leave. It might be helpful for a group with people coming and going.

We should be able to see who is looking at a PM, like how we can see who is looking at a thread.

Another suggestion: Members should be able to leave group chats of 3+ without having to delete the whole chat if they want to leave. It might be helpful for a group with people coming and going.

Do you mean in PMs?

Anyway, what I was supposed to say is that we should be able to see who is looking at a PM, like how we can see who is looking at a thread.

You can see if a member is using the Messenger, but no one can tell which PM they are looking at.

I don't know if the P in PM stands for Private or Personal, but I think the sanctity of the messenger should allow users to keep the PMs they're reading unknown, even if reading the same PM as another. Besides, checking the "Last Read" tab on a message can give you a good idea if the other party has read the message recently.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, like.. Ever- But I'd really like if we had some more storage space for attachments, like 1MB maybe.

I know this might be a huge deal due to site traffic being high and may even cause the forums to crash if too many things are uploaded and create site instability..

But being someone who often uploads fixed savefiles, I tend to run out of space every 2 or 3 uploads, considering some savefiles can be extremely high in size (300kb+).

Not sure if this has been mentioned, like.. Ever- But I'd really like if we had some more storage space for attachments, like 1MB maybe.

I know this might be a huge deal due to site traffic being high and may even cause the forums to crash if too many things are uploaded and create site instability..

But being someone who often uploads fixed savefiles, I tend to run out of space every 2 or 3 uploads, considering some savefiles can be extremely high in size (300kb+).

Like you mentioned, this may cause issues with the site. Still, it's worth toying with the idea. Maybe Familiars, Aces, and above ranks can have access to greater amounts of storage. Does that sound fair?

Added a poll regarding the repercussions (or lack of) for creating obsolete threads. Try to spread word so we can conglomerate votes!

Removed it since this is up to the auth.

Edited by Arkhidon

Alright, so I don't think creating multiple redundant threads is enough so that the person gets a warning point (as I stated before when I made the suggestion). However, if the person is reminded and still does so, that would be when he/she/xe gets a warning point.

I think it'd be nice if there was a sub forum in The Wastelands for roleplay.

Of course the search engine is fine too when it comes to searching, I just think it'd make things a bit easier/neater.

My bad!

I just didn't look hard enough ^^;

Edit Edit;

Ah, actually, what if there was a subforum in the Wastelands for art maybe...?

Just a thought. ;v;

Edited by The Mistress

Bug: If you have enough friends, you may(?) get a second window for more friends (I haven't actually found a second example of this yet). However, if you don't have enough friends to have at least one on the second page, the friend page will say "[user] hasn't added any friends yet." An example would be this: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showuser=50615&tab=friends&st=100