If you were a Gym Leader...

i would like a dragon gym, but because i have biggest dreams (lol) i would like a multy type gym with many type rooms (dragon, fighting, fire, flying, ice, grass, psychic), organized like Normans gym. The difference is that in the end i will never have a speciffic type but i will let it in luck by using a wheel like in lotteries or sm like that to have the challenger with a bigger surprise in the battle. Every challenge and a different type exept the first rooms with my "minions" (lol). The system is : 7 rooms with minions-NPCs and one gymleader with 7 random(every time) types . The GYM leaders pokemons will be:

Dragon type Fire Fighting Flying Psychic

Garchomp (Mega) Blaziken (Mega) Lucario Pidgeot (Mega) Metagross

Altaria or Hydreigon Talonflame Gallade (Mega) Swellow Delfox

Hexarus Chandelure Hawlucha Staraptor Malamar

Dragonite Rotom Conkeldurr Talonflame Espeon

Flygon Volcarona Infernape or Blaziken Glyscor Alakazam

Goodra or Kingdra Arcanine Poliwrath Charizard or Gallade or

or Salamence Altaria or Salamence Gardevoir (Mega)

Ice Grass

Glaceon or Weavile Venusaur (Mega)

Aurorus or Froslass Shiftry

Walrein Breloom

Mamoswine Rotom or Chesnaught

Lapras Gogoat or Trevenant

Abomasnow (Mega) Abomasnow or Whimsicott

(Screw dual type gyms when you can have EVERYTHING :) :) :):P :P :P )

Edited by Pausaunias

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ground Type (except for ace) 8th Gym Leader,

Vagabond Cronos

Playing Style : Sandstorm Sweep

Single Battle

the gym puzzle would be a dark desert where every single gym trainer will raise a walkway that will get you closer to me

Team:

M-Tyranitar(Ace)

Rhyperior (2nd Highest Level)

Nidoking(4th Highest level)

Garchomp(3rd Highest level)

Excadrill (5th Highest level)

Camerupt(6th Highest level)

gym leader start of battle quote: well it seems you have finally arrived and not a moment too soon I was going to make some tea, whats that? , you didn't come here for tea but you came here for a battle, well alright then.

last Pokemon at low health : " well (insert pokemon here) you did you're best"

Ace M-Evolves: : "you know this little guy was my starter"

Ace Faints: "he couldn't stop (insert trainer's gender here)"

Upon Loss: "Well I can't complain this was an alright battle considering I lost"

Gives the Endurance Badge

TM Earthquake

Edited by Cronos5010

Dark type gym leader

TEAM

Zoroark(dark pulse,night daze,focus blast,flamethrower)

Greninja(surf,ice beam,dark pulse,hydro cannon)

Scrafty(dragon dance,high jump kick,ice punch,drain punch)

Hydreigon(dark pulse,flash cannon,fire blast,draco meteor)

Tytranitar(dragon dance,crunch,earthquake,stone edge)

And finally the ace(surprise):

Gyarados M(dragon dance,crunch,waterfall,ice fang)

I would be a grass type gym leader and my team would be:

leavanny.gif

Leavanny Lv.100

Hold item: Focus Sash

Ability: Overcoat

Stats:

HP = 292

Atk = 335

Def = 196

Sp.Atk = 158

Sp,Def = 196

Speed = 283

Moves:

Leaf Blade

X-Scissor

Aerial Ace

Swords Dance

leafeon.gif

Leafeon Lv.100

Hold Iteam: Life Orb

Ability: Chlorophyll

Stats:

HP = 302

Atk = 319

Def = 327

Sp.Atk = 140

Sp,Def = 166

Speed = 249

Moves:

Leaf Blade

X-Scissor

Knock Off

Sunny Day

jumpluff.gif

Jumpluff Lv.100

Hold Item: Big Root

Ability: Chlorophyll

Stats:

HP = 292

Atk = 131

Def = 176

Sp.Atk = 229

Sp,Def = 226

Speed = 319

Moves:

Dazzling Gleam

Giga Drain

U-turn

Sleep Powder

breloom.gif

Breloom

Hold Item: Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal

Stats:

HP = 292

Atk = 394

Def = 197

Sp.Atk = 140

Sp,Def = 156

Speed = 207

Moves:

Focus Punch

Seed Bomb

Substitute

Spore

trevenant.gif

Trevenant Lv.100

Hold Item: Sitrus Berry

Ability: Harvest

Stats:

HP = 312

Atk = 350

Def = 219

Sp.Atk = 149

Sp,Def = 231

Speed = 148

Moves:

Wood Hammer

Earthquake

Shadow Claw

Will-O-Wisp

venusaur-mega.gif

Venusaur Lv.100

Hold Item: Venusaurite

Ability: Chlorophyll/Thick Fat

Stats:

HP = 302

Atk = 180

Def = 256

Sp.Atk = 299

Sp,Def = 267

Speed = 196

Moves:

Sludge Bomb

Giga Drain

Desolate Rays

( A move I made up which is basically a super version of sunny day that renders water and Ice type moves unusable while also doubling the power of Grass & Fire type moves).

Synthesis

My Gym is basically a Colloseum and rather then a puzzle you must win a 5 round Knockout tournament against my henchmen and if you lose you will be unable to re-challenge my Gym for 24 Hours.

My appearence would be that of a Young Red haired male wearing a green hoody, Black headset, Blue Jeans and Blue/White Trainers.

My personality would be upbeat and positive before a battle but when we fight I would be more serious and aggressive.

Dialogue:

Intro = Welcome to my Gym challenger are you ready to fight for your life in an attempt to reach me or will you fail miserbly against my henchmen however I believe that never giving up no matter how fruitless it may be is the the key to success.

Reached me = Excellent I'm Impressed you managed to make it this far you must be very talented however let's see how well you do against the final boss ME!

Defeated by me = Haha nice effort dude I'm sure you can win next time or maybe the time after that or ........ oh forget it just fight me again please >_>

Beaten me = Wonderful you actually beat me.

Recieving Badge = I'm very pleased that was a well fought battle so now I present to you the Clover Badge and with it you can now use HM08 Rock Climb also Take this TM from me as a gift for giving me a fun match it's TM 115 Desolate Rays my signature move which when used changes the weather to super sunshine which makes Ice and Water moves useless though on the flipside doubles the power of both Grass and fire types moves which is sure to be a game changer this is where we part ways.

That concludes my post :)

Edited by The5ilverback

I will be a Fire/Grass type gym leader and my gym would be in a volcano the puzzle is that you have to use the vine to cross the lava

opening: hey there look like you made to me the names Darrien but you can call me Flame Master Infernape and get ready to feel the Flames!

team

Infernape male move Flamethrower Fire Punch Bulk Up Calm Mind nickname Darrien Abilities Blaze hold item Charcoal

Simisear male move Fire Blast Flame Charge Play Nice Amnesia nickname Blazer Abilities Blaze hold item Charcoal

Simisage male move Solarbeam Flash Seed Bomb Play Nice nickname Seedter Abilities Overgrow hold item Miracle seed

Magmortar male move Flamethrower Solarbeam Sunny Day Fire Punch Abilities Flame Body hold item Heat rock

Torkoal male move Flame Charge Heat wave Iron Defense Anmesia nickname TurtleFlame Abilities White Smoke hold item Leftovers

Rapidash male move Flame Charge Sunny Day Solarbeam Fire Blast nickname FlamingHorse Abilities FlashFire hold item Heat rock

defeated: that was a AWESOME battle

getting the badge: here a SolarFlame badge for you now you can use surf outside of batte and that pokemon lv 80 and higher should fellow your orders and here 2 TM for you this is TM 35 FlameThrower and the other one is Solarbeam Flamethower is a good Fire type attack while Solarbeam it a 2 turn grass type attack unless it Sunny than it a 1 turn attack and now good luck for the ellte four and the champion and don't hold back aginat them

note that I'm a casual player

Edited by Infernape88

I don't know what type I'd be, considering my signature Mega either Fighting or Psychic, and considering my puzzle Psychic would make more sense than Fighting. But then I don't get to use Glaceon....

Anyway, my puzzle would be akin to the one in Somnom Woods in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, but with lasers. The gym would be a grid floating in space, with little islands floating in it as well. Near the entrance to the gym would be an interactive map, on which you could place triangular stones that would bounce lasers off of them. Beating trainers would get you more stones or allow you to access buttons to turn on new lasers, and the player could walk across the laser to reach new areas.

Edited by Rot8er_ConeX

This is interesting... So, here I go!

Name: Forest Nymph Sylvaine

Appearance: Young lady with long straight golden hair, wearing emerald flowing dress and having translucent golden fairy wings.

Storywise, the protagonist is stranded in an enchanted forest after trying to escape Team Meteor (or whatever the villainous team is). While he/she/xe tries to find a way out, he/she/xe will encounter scattered remains of a diary belonging to Sylvaine. The diary details Sylvaine's background (She was the only child of a wealthy businessman who lived approximately 100 years ago. When her father fell terminally ill, Sylvaine took it upon herself to find a cure. She had heard that the petals of Lunarfire flower have extraordinary healing properties and embarked on a solo quest to locate the rare flower deep within Zarea Forest, much to her parents' dismay. Unfortunately, Sylvaine did not manage to locate the Lunarfire flower and she could not find an exit to the forest, thus becoming trapped forever as a forest spirit.) The diary also tells the protagonist how to navigate the treacherous forest in order to find a way out.

The gym puzzle will be similar to the mysterious cave puzzle in Chrysolia Forest. The goal is for the protagonist to get to and activate four magical totems. Upon activating a totem, the protagonist will be confronted by a spirit of the forest, one of the poor soul who could not find a way out and thus trapped forever as a spirit inside of the forest, in a one-on-one Pokemon battle. After all the totems are activated, a new part of the forest will open up, leading to a small clearing in the middle of the forest where Sylvaine awaits.

Type: Bug

Field: Forest Field

Battle Mode: Double Battle

Opening: "A very good day to you, stranger. Oh dear, are you lost? Yes, yes, I know the way out. But... I have been waiting for someone new to play with for ages. And here you are... Oh, won't you please stay with us for a while? Just for a while... After all, time is infinite in this beautiful ethereal world."

Team:

1. Illumise (F / Prankster) @ Damp Rock

- Rain Dance

- Confuse Ray

- Helping Hand

- Struggle Bug

2. Galvantula (F / Swarm) @ Focus Sash

- Thunder

- Bug Buzz

- Sticky Web

- Giga Drain

3. Vivillon (F / Compoundeyes) @ Life Orb

- Sleep Powder

- Quiver Dance

- Hurricane

- Bug Buzz

4. Accelgor (M / Hydration) @ Leftovers

- Focus Blast

- Energy Ball

- Struggle Bug

- Rest

5. Armaldo (M / Swift Swim) @ Assault Vest

- Rock Slide

- Aqua Jet

- X-Scissor

- Knock Off

6. Vespiquen (F / Pressure) @ Vespiquenite (Ace)

- Air Slash

- Sludge Bomb

- Bug Buzz

- Heal Order

Mega Vespiquen (Bug / Flying)

Ability: Serene Grace

HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spe (Total)

70/80/80/144/80/120 (574)

Sending out last Pokemon: "My oh my... Not yet, please, don't go yet..."

Player Losing: "Splendid! Now you can help me find a Lunarfire flower! It's not too late, it's not!"

Defeated: "In the end, everything slips away despite my intentions. Forgive me... father."

Closing: "... Ah, yes. You battled superbly. I could feel your passion, your desire to live. Perhaps, it was the very thing I was lacking of which caused me to be trapped here in the first place. Your destiny awaits you outside of the confines of this emerald cage, <insert trainer's name here>. Take this Iridescent Badge, it will help you find your way out. Also, please do accept this (TM76: Struggle Bug). Think of it as a reminder of how you struggle to cling on to life and refuse to let this accursed forest claims you. It might be too late for me, but you belong to the living world, <insert trainer's name here>. Now, quick! Leave this place while you still can!"

PS. I hope creating my own Mega would not be a problem. Vespiquen is like my most favorite Bug Type Pokemon and it's kinda sad that she's not very good. In my imagination, her mega form is similar to her standard form but she will have a more streamlined body shape with smaller 'skirt' / abdomen area which explains the immense boost in Speed. In her mega form, Vespiquen turns into a fast Special Attacker who can flinch hax with Air Slash or poison enemies with Sludge Bomb.

Edited by Aldariel

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'd either have a Fairy or Dark gym, or combine the two to make a Myth Gym or something (coz sometimes mythology can be dark and eerie haha)

For a Fairy Gym tho:

Mega Altaria as my signature pokemon (it gains fairy type on mega evolution)

Gardevoir

Sylveon

Dark Gym:

Mega Absol

Umbreon

Honchcrow

Mightyena

If I could have a mixture:

Mega Altaria

Sylveon

Umbreon

Mightyena

Oooh and if I could have Dragon and Fairy

Charizard X

Mega Altaria

Sylveon

Flygon

I would like my gym to be navigated around like Ramos's gym, swinging across vines, but I'd like it to be swinging across vines to climb up a fairy-tail tree like Valeries in Laverre Town. It would be cool too if when a challenger went the wrong way something eerie or creepy happened and they got warped somewhere and had to defeat a trainer to get back to where they were.

With pokemon go coming out, my best friend and I decided we'd open a water/grass gym for washington (I got a shirt that says official washington gym leader)

My team would be Feraligatr, Milotic, Dewgong, Mantine, Kingdra and Gyrados. I can't remember what her grass team is off the top of my head.

We picked grass and water because it rains a lot...and...well...take as many jokes out of being a grass gym in Washington State as you'd like XD

Well right now in my local Gym league with my friends I'm the Ground gym leader (with some steel support). I'd want my gym to be on this giant train, more a mobile fortress than a train. I suppose my puzzle would involve opening up windows to let sand in which unlock pressure plates. With a bunch of trainers along the way (Hikers, Veterants, and sometimes passengers can participate as well).

344.gif

Claydol @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 8 SpA / 130 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
450.gif
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Yawn
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
473.gif
Mamoswine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
530.gif
Excadrill @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
208.gif
Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 130 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Curse
034.gif
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
Edited by Grizzlybrand

Out of all Honestly I would choose a Ghost/Dark gym! If you wanted to get to me you wouldn't be traveling Foward or up you would be going down because you would be trying to go down into the graves The NPC's will tell youb years and you will read the graves AND with every hint you get you eventually get to me but the trick is get the wrong grave ur sent back to the top

Edited by BloodySenpai

Ground -This time with 6 mons- (And no legends of course)

Hippowdon @ Leftovers

Ability: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD

Impish Nature

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Slack Off

- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb

Ability: Sand Rush

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Earthquake

- Iron Head

- Rock Slide

- Swords Dance

Gastrodon @ Leftovers

Ability: Storm Drain

EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe

Calm Nature

- Scald

- Recover

- Toxic

- Earth Power

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 60 Spe

Impish Nature

- Taunt

- Toxic

- Roost

- Earthquake

Nidoking @ Life Orb

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Sludge Wave

- Earth Power

- Ice Beam

- Superpower

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Rough Skin

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Outrage

- Fire Blast

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see in my signature, I'd probably be a Steel Type.

My Arena would be in an old warehouse, filled with conatiners which have to be moved with cranes in order to progress under, over or through them. All of the cranes would be operated by trainers you'd have to defeat first before they clear the way for you.

Needs more Dark Gyms...

If I had a gym, I would make mines a ninja school themed dark gym

The gym would be a giant temple full of traps.

If you step on a trap, you either get captured by a horde of kunoichi that causes you start from the beginning of the puzzle

or you battle one kunoichi.

Name: Leader Ken

My team

Sneasal - level 33

Nuzleaf- lv 33

Pawniard- lv 32

Zoroark - lv 34

Greninja - lv 36

When you enter this gym, everything around you is pitch black as if you were in a cave and you would have to beat trainers in order to reduce the darkness

(same as old dewford gym). And if you beat me, HM Flash is usable outside of battle and your reward is TM 66 Payback.

Fire gym

My puzzle would be trial by fire!

an endurance round where you had to keep facing off against increasingly difficult circumstance and trainers. Starting with a basic mono-fire trainer with 3 pokemon eventually weather would be involved and then field effects until eventually they finally fought their way up to me for a final battle. The battles themselves would be short and decisive as not to drag things out with a lot of OHKOs from both sides utilising fire types in their natural hyper aggressive state!

The Theme would be Industrialisation. Furnaces and smoke stacks would be spewing out flames, embers and soot all over the gym.

Edited by Narckarth

Flying is a fun type to make a team with :)

My Flying Gym would consist of a puzzle that would be a maze of platforms in the sky, and any wrong turn would open up the floor beneath you and you'll be shot up into the sky. After then, you'll have to battle a bunch of trainers to get back to the maze. There are trainers in the maze, naturally. And if you have the courage to get through all this, you'll be up against this team.

staraptor.gifJohn Cena with Expert Belt
Ability: Reckless
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

gliscor.gifSkepta with Toxic Orb
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Fling

hawlucha.gifMacarena with Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

charizard-megay.gifJME with Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

togekiss.gifTinker with Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere

gyarados.gifMagikarp with Assault Vest
Ability: Moxie
- Waterfall
- Iron Head
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Edited by wytch_doctr

I would be an electric gym leader who sits in his home and the player has to try and find your home and determine whether anyone in this town is the gym leader or not. I would use some electric types, and a quagsire, because why...... shouldn't I? I would be very home-bound, a little quirky, and my puzzle would be to turn off various appliances in my house until one of them turns on a switch where you then battle me.

Poison gym leader. No puzzle, would be a gauntlet like the Elite Four since I'm too dumb for puzzles. You lose before reaching me, the trainers reset and you start from the beginning.

Team:

[Lead]Amoonguss w/ Regenerator, Assault Vest

Drapion w/ Battle Armor, Black Sludge

Crobat w/ Infiltrator, Black Sludge

Dragalge w/ Adaptability, Choice Specs

Toxicroak w/ Dry Skin, Life Orb

[Ace]Nidoking w/ Sheer Force, Life Orb

• 5 months later...

Type: Dark.

Puzzle: Obviously, the room is Dark. Brawly had a dark room with a maze. Now let's make it a tad harder, with mandatory fights, instead of optional. And a fun little mechanic for those who just save riiiiiiiiiiight in the face of the gym leader. You know, the kind that makes them load outside the gym and resets the puzzle.

Badge: Dazzle Badge (pretty sure you're going to be blind when I turn the lights on)

TM: "Take Dark Pulse, too! I really like it, personally." "You received TM60!" "Not to your liking? Take this, as well, then." "You received TM63!"

Team:

(Levels are based off highest-leveled pokemon you have)

Absol (Mega, Lead)

Mightyena

Skuntank

Zoroark (Ace)

Drapion

Tyranitar (Locked last)

I was told this isn't necroposting.

So who wants to bet what type I'd specialise in?

A vast octagonal Hall, open to grey skies. Thin, watery shafts of sunlight occasionally break through the heavy bosoms of the clouds to illuminate subdued mosaics that pattern the walls. Twin iron bridges leap from the gallery at the open entrances, gracefully arcing down to the central stage. Sombre trees litter the broad vale below, enclosed by the Hall like seedlings in an enormous flowerpot. The air is charged with volatile electricity and the smell of petrichor; it feels as if a storm could suddenly break the measured calm.

Steel. The final challenge. Iron-throated birds wheel in the skies above, whilst barbed plants with clawed tendrils creep from the forest. Fire pours from the maw of an ancient volcanic demon. A mighty Titan with iron limbs and red eyes that burn fell under a golden cross. The beast awakens, its metallic roar echoing across the vale. An eerie blade is drawn, flickering behind a spectral shield. Thunder builds in the skies, and a dazzling bolt of lightning illuminates the stage. The Magnet God floats, waiting for its next sacrifice.

An Iron will. An Iron fist. An Iron Legacy. Victory hands you the Brilliant Badge and Flash Cannon; defeat grants only the final Release...of your team.

some ideas:

electric: a mad scientist in his lair, ace is an intelligent electavire named Winston

dark: teen hearthrob, ace is absol, you fight through a gauntlet of fangirls

steel: an airport or a factory or something, you have to fix the walkways to progress, leader is a mechanic kinda like winry from fma

The location of my gym wouldn't be in a building, but rather a forest (Much like how Blaine's gym was inside a volcano/mountain)

My team would be grass types; Ferrothorn (Aurora), Cacturne (Harley), Vileplume (Erika), Cradily (Florina), Tangrowth (Operator) and Leafeon (Multipass)

The badge I would give is the Moss Badge, the TM I would give would be Solarbeam and as an extra gift, I would give the challenger herbal medicine/Heal Powder.

Well my type would probably be ghosts or poison, It depends with which pure type team I will get a better feeling. If it were ghosts I would actually use detective story as the puzzle. The challenger has to find clues and talk to "witnesses" (read trainers he has to beat). Does he find the perpetraitor then he will get access to the field in the back which is just a hill with some grass on it. Of course to make it a little more challenging he will be followed by some ghosts a while after he leaves the 'save zone'. If he get caught, he gets teleported outside the gym and a new story starts.

Poison would actually be a lot simpler, the gym would just be one big swamp the player has to navigate through. It would be trainerless instead there would just be 'wild' pkmn. There would be a no catching restriction though.