If you were a Gym Leader...

Eternal Warrior Spi (That's my title as the Gym Leader)

Badge: Faith Badge
TM: Flash Cannon

My team consist of Skarmory, Metagross, Aegislash, Scizor, Klefki, and Mega Mawile.

First Match - Singles Battle
The first match is Single Battle and has a basic team.

Key (Female Klefki) @ Light Clay / Prankster / Calm - Foul Play, Reflect, Light Screen, Toxic
Montalk (Empoleon) @ Red Card / Torrent / Bold - Ice Beam, Scald, Grass Knot, Stealth Rock
Recoil (Magneton) @ Eviolite / Analytic / Quiet - Discharge, Volt Switch, Flash Cannon, Substitute
Dark Flow (Male Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy / Stance Change / Quiet - Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, King's Shield, Sacred Sword
Z (Male Scizor) @ Lum Berry / Technician / Adamant - Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Knock Off, Swords Dance
Minish (Female Mawile) @ Mawilite / Intimidate -> Pure Power / Adamant - Play Rough, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance

My Klefki (Key) will lead off the match, poisoning something and then up screens that will last for eight turns. Once my Klefki falls, I'll switch out into my Empoleon (Montalk) and set up my rocks. My Magneton (Recoil) or Aegislash (Dark Flow) will come after my Empoleon and try to weaken the player's team. Magneton is pretty good because it has Eviolite and can tank hits while dealing massive damage. Scizor (Z) is my first sweeper and will come in if my Magneton or Aegislash falls.

The last Pokemon that will come out is my late game sweeper, Mawile (Minish). She is my ace and will have the highest level out of the team. After making the player's team really weaken from everyone of my team, she will clean up everything once she gets off a nice Swords Dance.

---

Second Match - Double Battle
The second match is where it gets different, where Eternal Warrior Spi has two legendaries on his team and it's Double Battle this time. If legendaries don't count, then ignore this section.

Spi (Jirachi) @ Sitrus Berry / Serene Grace / Jolly - Follow Me, Iron Head, Thunder Wave, Protect

Minish (Female Mawile) @ Mawilite / Intimidate -> Pure Power / Adamant - Play Rough, Iron Head, Sucker Punch, Protect

Key (Female Klefki) @ Light Clay / Prankster / Calm - Foul Play, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Light Screen

Husk (Male Heatran) @ Leftovers / Flash Fire / Modest - Heat Wave, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, Ancient Power

Dark Flow (Male Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy / Stance Change / Quiet - Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, King's Shield, Wide Guard

Z (Male Scizor) @ Lum Berry / Technician / Adamant - Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Knock Off, Swords Dance

I'm going to lead off with my two ace, Spi and Minish, which both have the same level and their level is highest out of all of my team. My Jirachi and Mawile are going to lead off in my team, because I can't guarantee they would work together if they're behind in my team. What I want to do is allow them both to work together, with a certain strategy you wouldn't see very often with two steel type Pokemon together. First, Mawile mega-evolves using Protect and Jirachi uses Thunder-Wave on something. Then Jirachi uses Follow Me and Mawile uses some hard hitting move to weaken the player's team.

(Also, Spi and Minish in my team have a romantic relationship with each other - http://spijirachi.deviantart.com/art/Mawile-Jirachi-541153735 )

If either Jirachi or Mawile (or both) faints, I'll switch out to my Klefki (Key) or Heatran (Husk). Husk's main strategy is to Heat Wave and Key's main strategy is to get off a Reflect and Light Screen for support.

If either my Heatran or Klefki faints, then Aegislash (Dark Flow) and Scizor (Z) will take the spotlight. Aegislash will cover my Pokemon's back using Wide Guard, whoever it maybe working with. Scizor is actually my lategame sweeper this time, and once the rest of my team did their job -- Scizor will get off a Swords Dance and clean up everything. :)

My Battle Introduction: "I'm a warrior of steel types. When I raised my Steel-types, I've always been tested for my faith in myself and my Pokémon. Now, I will test you... how strong is your faith with you and your Pokémon?"

After Player Defeats Me: "Congratulations, you've passed your test of faith against me. You truly shine with your Pokemon. I can tell you that you deserve this badge. And this TM, Flash Cannon. Show them all the power of how you shine."

Edited by Spi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have a fighting Dragon Fighting Gym.

The Place would be a castle and the puzzle would be something like chrysolia forest but with the following features:

• More Difficult
  • Castle Instead Of Forest
  • If You Went The Wrong Direction You Start Over AND Battle A Trainer
  • 5x As Big As Chrysolia Forest
  • Before You Vs Me The Game Will Go Into Gameboy Quality And You Will Vs Blue:D
  • And In My Battle You Will Hear Cynthia's Champion Song Remix By Glitch City
Edited by foovy10

tough choice. prolly Steel-type. solid type that makes some of the best dual types in the game

Gym obstacles, no idea, prolly none except the obligatory lackeys

Team would be balance/bulky offense

Mega Scizor (physically defensive Swords Dance to stop EQ from runnin thru my whole team)

Aegislash

Bisharp

Empoleon

Excadrill

Magneton

lead with Mag to make them feel safe

The area will actually be a forest, no gym symbol or statue will be seen, just a normal forest which the Player will need to pass

The puzzle will be about Bug Pokemon, like helping Crustle get their stone to create a partway, helping Karrablast steal Shelmet's shell for it to evolve and drill through a large tree, etc

meeting the gym leader will trigger the usual random encounter trainer and song

Player is challenged by Bug Catcher Zinq

Team will be:

Speed(Ninjask) @ Focus Sash/Speed Boost/Jolly - Sword Dance - X-Scissor - Silver Wind - Baton Pass

HP(Shedinja) @Focus Sash/Wonder Guard/Rash - X-Scissor - Phantom Force - Endure - Shadow Ball

winning from the gym won't trigger any event, at least until you reach the gym, where its also filled with the same puzzle albeit harder.

when you reach the gym leader, he will talk about meeting the Player when he's sight-seeing on the forest, and saying that he's only using small amount of his team, in which he will go all-out now

Player VS Nature Observer Zinq

before battle: "ah, I've meet you in the forest, am I right? What you have done to help the bug Pokemon makes me wanted to thanks you, but I afraid that this is a Gym Battle, and it would be not professional to just give you the badge like that. Thus, let us battle to see if you have the right to hold this badge"

in which he will use his full team:

Speed(Ninjask) @ Focus Sash/Speed Boost/Jolly - Sword Dance - X-Scissor - Double Team - Baton Pass

HP(Shedinja) @Focus Sash/Wonder Guard/Rash - X-Scissor - Phantom Force - Endure - Toxic

S.Defense(Escavalier) @Leftover/Overcoat/Adamant - X-Scissor - Giga Impact - Drill Run - Knock Off

Defense(Crustle) @Leftover/Sturdy/Adamant - X-Scissor - Stealth Rock - Rock Wrecker - Rock Slide

Attack(Pinsir) @Pinsirite/Moxie/Adamant - Thrash - Close Combat - Giga Impact - X-Scissor

S.Attack(Volcanora) @Life Orb/Flame Body/Modest - Fiery Dance - Quiver Dance - Heat Wave - Bug Buzz

strategy is basically using Ninjask to use Sword Dance/Double Team once before Baton Pass-ing into another Pokemon. Sword Dance will make him Baton Pass-ing into Pinsir, Escavalier or Crustle, which will then try to wipe Player's Pokemon. if using Double Team, it will change into Shedinja that will try to stall with Toxic and Endure, while using Phantom Force if he is faster to deal damage and stall at the same time.

The main Pokemon is Mega Pinsir, which usually using Thrash combined with Aerilate to deal high damage, or Giga Impact if opponent is down to 1 Pokemon

down to his last Pokemon: "You do have skill, but can you win from my last Pokemon?"

After Battle: "For Winning this battle, you have the right to hold this badge, alongside the TM of X-Scissor. Your battle will always seen in this place, remembered like what you've done to the Pokemon you helped in the forest. Now I won't hold you any longer from this chat, as I believe you have Gym to win, good luck"

• 2 weeks later...
I'd probably be an Ice/Psychic gym.

I'd be the 7th or 8th gym; most likely 7th.

The town where my gym was located wouldn't be much of a town. It'd be up in a colder environment, where it's snowing constantly. There would be houses, but there would be a lack of people in them. There would be a pokemon center with Nurse Joy and a Hiker. If the player decided to speak to that person, they would be told something along the lines of this:

"Aye, a new face! Haven't seen one of you in a long while, ahahaha! What are you doing up here? Marveling at the avalanches or are you here to challenge the gym? Probably the latter."

If spoken to again, he'd pose a question:

"Aye... Do you know anything about the gym leader?

>Yes

>No"

Yes:

"Ah, then never mind me, aha."

No:

"No? Well, then I guess I can tell you a little something. She's notorious for her odd showing up here. See, this place used to be like your other towns. We would get all the four seasons of the year, with Summer being the longest here. There were flowers rolling along the hills and the forest, and an abundance of all kinds of pokemon. Since we're so secluded here, we became wellknown for our rare pokemon that would come here naturally. Eevee's, Minccinos, Deerling, Litleos... Heck, we even had some Togepis who made themselves home here! Lots of trainers would come and visit, trying to catch themselves one of our rare pokemon. If it wasn't a trainer, it would be some people coming to see our gorgeous forest and all the foliage in it.

"But then one day, she came. We never really knew her name; didn't think much of her, either. She moved in here, and caught herself an Eevee. It'd follow her around town, chasing Butterfrees and Beautiflies. She was an odd one. Very... Cold. Scared. Wouldn't talk much. We called her "Miss" at first, having not known her name. She then started to correct us, telling us to call her "Mistress."

"That's why, when this town changed, it came as a shock. She'd been training up some strong pokemon; Ice types, you know. Psychic, too. She trained 'em up so strong, she made it so that they could freeze over this whole town and leave it a permanent frozen wonderland. It was like the world froze. The pokemon left with frostbite, the flowers were crystallized, and the trees turned into ice sculptures. People left, and now only a couple remain.

"She's a good girl, you know... Just... Well, I don't know."

The gym would be located in an icy mansion that would be in the forest that had previously harbored the rare pokemon and been the town's main sight-seeing location. The trainer would only really find ice types like swinub, smoochum, and meditites in the remaining frozen grass. Upon entering the icy mansion, the trainer would be spotted by a Espeon, which you then chase down into the back room to find the gym leader. There wouldn't be a puzzle to the gym.

The Gym Leader herself would be small. Her hair would be white and bangs cut straight while two pieces hang down the sides to border her face. The pieces would reach down to her knees, and towards the bottom have two ribbons tied into bows on them. The rest of her hair would fall down to her knees and be pin-straight. Her eyes would be red, the eyelashes and eyebrows white. She would be clad in [surprise] white and pastel blue and wouldn't wear any shoes. Her attire would be an intricate corset, a large bow in the back spanning out and trialing to the floor. Her skirt would be tiered, short, and lacey. Bandages would be on her ankles and a garter on her thigh.

She'd be quiet, almost far off. She wouldn't be paying very much attention, though she would speak:

"Someone is singing, I know this song. It's a soft, sad melody that wrings my heart, a song that someone used to sing to us... a long long time ago." *turns foreward* "Hey...who are you?"

-----

"Cheshire" Espeon || Timid/Focus Sash/Magic Bounce || Hidden Power [ice], Psychic, Calm Mind, Baton Pass

Reuniclus || Quiet/Life Orb/Regenerate || Trick Room, Psychic, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball

Aurorus || Modest/Leftovers/Snow Warning || Frost Breath, Protect, Discharge, Psychic

Gothitelle || Timid/Choice Specs/Shadow Tag || Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt

Walrein || Modest/Leftovers/Ice Body || Aqua Ring, Protect, Blizzard, Waterfall

Froslass || Timid/Sticky Barb/Snow Cloak || Spikes, Pain Split, Trick, Ice Beam

-----

Upon protagonist winning:

"You're going, then?"

Upon protagonist losing:

*recalls back pokemon*

"Those who come here are all the same. So reckless, so sure of their power... But the ice. The ice freezes from the inside, until it's out."

After the battle:

"Hm? Why did I freeze this place?

This is what I have wished for. I don't want to hurt anybody anymore. I don't want to lose anything else. So, please understand."

-----

Aaaand I think that's it!

Hope you guys like it. ;v;

Edited by The Mistress

The town where my gym was located wouldn't be much of a town. It'd be up in a colder environment, where it's snowing constantly. There would be houses, but there would be a lack of people in them. There would be a pokemon center with Nurse Joy and a Hiker. If the player decided to speak to that person, they would be told something along the lines of this:
"Aye, a new face! Haven't seen one of you in a long while, ahahaha! What are you doing up here? Marveling at the avalanches or are you here to challenge the gym? Probably the latter."
>Yes
>No"
Yes:
No:
"No? Well, then I guess I can tell you a little something. She's notorious for her odd showing up here. See, this place used to be like your other towns. We would get all the four seasons of the year, with Summer being the longest here. There were flowers rolling along the hills and the forest, and an abundance of all kinds of pokemon. Since we're so secluded here, we became wellknown for our rare pokemon that would come here naturally. Eevee's, Minccinos, Deerling, Litleos... Heck, we even had some Togepis who made themselves home here! Lots of trainers would come and visit, trying to catch themselves one of our rare pokemon. If it wasn't a trainer, it would be some people coming to see our gorgeous forest and all the foliage in it.
"But then one day, she came. We never really knew her name; didn't think much of her, either. She moved in here, and caught herself an Eevee. It'd follow her around town, chasing Butterfrees and Beautiflies. She was an odd one. Very... Cold. Scared. Wouldn't talk much. We called her "Miss" at first, having not known her name. She then started to correct us, telling us to call her "Mistress."
"That's why, when this town changed, it came as a shock. She'd been training up some strong pokemon; Ice types, you know. Psychic, too. She trained 'em up so strong, she made it so that they could freeze over this whole town and leave it a permanent frozen wonderland. It was like the world froze. The pokemon left with frostbite, the flowers were crystallized, and the trees turned into ice sculptures. People left, and now only a couple remain.
The gym would be located in an icy mansion that would be in the forest that had previously harbored the rare pokemon and been the town's main sight-seeing location. The trainer would only really find ice types like swinub, smoochum, and meditites in the remaining frozen grass. Upon entering the icy mansion, the trainer would be spotted by a Espeon, which you then chase down into the back room to find the gym leader. There wouldn't be a puzzle to the gym.
The Gym Leader herself would be small. Her hair would be white and bangs cut straight while two pieces hang down the sides to border her face. The pieces would reach down to her knees, and towards the bottom have two ribbons tied into bows on them. The rest of her hair would fall down to her knees and be pin-straight. Her eyes would be red, the eyelashes and eyebrows white. She would be clad in [surprise] white and pastel blue and wouldn't wear any shoes. Her attire would be an intricate corset, a large bow in the back spanning out and trialing to the floor. Her skirt would be tiered, short, and lacey. Bandages would be on her ankles and a garter on her thigh.
She'd be quiet, almost far off. She wouldn't be paying very much attention, though she would speak:
"Someone is singing, I know this song. It's a soft, sad melody that wrings my heart, a song that someone used to sing to us... a long long time ago." *turns foreward* "Hey...who are you?"
-----
"Cheshire" Espeon || Timid/Focus Sash/Magic Bounce || Hidden Power [ice], Psychic, Calm Mind, Baton Pass
Reuniclus || Quiet/Life Orb/Regenerate || Trick Room, Psychic, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball
Aurorus || Modest/Leftovers/Snow Warning || Frost Breath, Protect, Discharge, Psychic
Gothitelle || Timid/Choice Specs/Shadow Tag || Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt
-----
"You're going, then?"
Upon protagonist losing:
*recalls back pokemon*
"Those who come here are all the same. So reckless, so sure of their power... But the ice. The ice freezes from the inside, until it's out."
After the battle:
This is what I have wished for. I don't want to hurt anybody anymore. I don't want to lose anything else. So, please understand."
-----

holy fuck :o did you just script your own gym? damm

A dual gym?! I am so doing this again.

My choice is Steel and Rock.

Team-

Carbink

Aegislash

Scizor

Gigalith

Tyrantrum

Magnezone

Badge-Diamond Badge

TM-Flash Cannon

Appearance-Diamond covered T-Shirt and trackpants. Reflective metal shoulder and knee armor. White spiky hair. Teen Caucasian. Kind of skinny

Gym-A deep, dark mine which can only be illuminated by Flash. Trainers can use minecarts to travel through the tunnels, switching paths as they go, similar to Morty's gym. I await at the bottom in an arena filled with diamonds.

Before battle-So shiny...........need more.........what? Who are you? Oh, just a challenger. The name's Jacob. And I love all things shiny, from gems to metal. My Pokémon are just as shiny and bright. The dark's a scary place, so I gotta have light! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH LIGHT!!!!! My opponents can't handle the light, so I can hit em while they can't see. WHADDAYA MEAN IT SOUNDS ILLEGAL?! OF COURSE IT'S NOT! NOW YOU'VE MADE ME MAD! I'LL BLIND YOU AND YOUR TEAM!

After first hit-You got one attack in, so what?!

Last Pokémon-More shininess! MORE! MORE! MORE!

Last Pokémon at half-Its not over yet!

Won-Yes! Now to get more diamonds!

Lost-No! The dark scares me! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

After-....................what's this?..................the dark.............isn't scary. Hey, this isn't too bad. Darkness is pretty ok. I guess there's no need to hide when it's dark outside. Sorry for being so paranoid. Here, take the Diamond Badge, you deserved it! The Diamond Badge means no Pokémon will disobey you! Why not have this too. Its the TM for Flash Cannon, its a real bright spark of a move.

That's about it. People who are fans of Humungous Entertainment might see the reference hidden here. ;)

If I were a gym leader... wow this is a hard choice. There are so many types of pokemon, and I really would not like to be stuck on one type.

I think I too would choose to be a mystical gym with both fairy and dragon types. But my them would not be single typing. I would consist of Pokemon that have duel typing in either of the two. Such as a garchomp or a Jiggypuff(just as examples). My pokemon would be in the high 50's early 60's. (I believe the 8th gym would be hard and the elite four 70's-80's honestly). Also I think, being a gym leader, they should help in the main story line. Like seriously! World about to explode and they sit there and do nothing!

My gym would be of a puzzle, which requires you to battle a trainer, they give you a hint to where the next button to go forward is, click the wrong button you have to face another trainer. Something that requires you to get some exp before our battle but also gives you the option of avoiding the rest.

There would be 5 puzzles, and four switches to pick from. This is just a quick summary, right under this the gym in full detail.

I would be the 8th gym leader, of a small village. The village would be known for its unusually colored plants(most plants a crossbreed between two species giving them three-four colors on one plant alone) that can not be found anywhere else in the region and the hot springs. The citizens would be of mostly of elderly or young children, seeing how most of the teenagers and young adults are trainers on their own adventure.

The Gym would be to the north west of the town, where flowers surround the building. Upon entering, the trainer would be confronted by the guy who usually stands in front of the gym statue. The dialogue would go as follows.

Gym Statue Guy:

"A trainer! Welcome! Welcome! You're here to challenge the gym right? Well you would have to come back. The leader is currently in the rainbow cave, the one that leads outside town to victory road. They said something about a disturbance... Maybe you can find the leader in there."

Any attempt to go forward in the gym would be stopped by the same guy.

When traveling to the east of town they would come across an Eevee. The Eevee, upon seeing the trainer, would run around them before heading towards the cave. Entering the cave, the trainer would see the Eevee again, whom once again runs around him/her before running deeper into the cave. Once the trainer makes it to the back of the cave, he comes across a woman battling a few grunts from the current villain group. Eevee lets out a cry and looks at the trainer as if wanting them to help the woman. The trainer jumps in and helps.

After the battle the woman approaches the trainer.

Dialogue would go like this:

Woman:

"While I did not need your help, I do acknowledge and thank you for stepping him."

"...."

"..."

"So you came to challenge the Gym. But those people....Maybe I am not the one to challenge them..."

"..."

"..."

"....huh."

"Alright. I will meet you there. However if you fail to beat me, you have to stay out of this mess and allow me to handle it. Until then."

The woman walks pass the trainer, in a rush. Eevee, lets out a happy cry before running around the trainer and following the woman. When the trainer gets back to the village, he is again greeted by the gym statue guy.

Guy Dialogue:

"I don't know what happened in that cave, but the gym leader came back with a fire we all have not seen in years! Good Luck to you!"

When going forward, the trainer will need surf. They will land on a small peninsula, with four switches on four corners, each glowing with an element symbol, that is blocked off by beams and to the far back is a locked door. There is a trainer in the middle they have to go talk to.

Dialogue:

Female Ace Trainer:

"Oh! You're the one that got our gym leader so excited! Its been years since she looked so happy!!"

"OHhhhHHh but if she heard me right now! She would bite my head off! So lets battle! If you win I will tell you the puzzle!"

Trainer's Pokemon:

Gardevoir - Lvl 45 Moveset: Physic, Dazzling Gleam, Moon Blast, Wish

Dragonair - Lvl 50 Moveset: Dragon Rage, Twister, Thunder Wave, Thunder

Zweilous - Lvl 53 Moveset: Dark Pulse, Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw

Upon winning:

"You might just beat her!"

Upon Losing:

"Maybe she was wrong about you."

After Winning Battle:

"I promised you a puzzle. Well here it is! I roam the sky with large wings, with not much to fear expect against elements like these! Now can you find the right types?"

The beams will disappear from blocking the ground switching. The trainer needs to step on both of the correct elements(such as thunder and Ice) in order to unlock the door. The puzzles will continue like this five more times, if they press the wrong answer, they are greeted by another trainer and have to do battle again. At least 3 trainers to one room, one you have to fight, the other two you can avoid, for 5 rooms. Also each Ace Trainer will have the same 3 pokemon.

First room requires surf to get to the ace trainer, second room requires strength, third room requires cut, the fourth room requires rock climb and the final room requires waterfall.

Each of the trainers would have similar questions, where the trainer has to answer which element is super effective or less effective against another type. When entering the Gym Leaders room, the Trainer is greeted by the same Eevee.

Gym Leader Dialogue:

"Welcome, I knew you would make it here. When I watched you battle in that cave I knew you were different. I knew you were someone who would make me feel the passion of battle. Too longer have I waited here for a strong Trainer to appear. Now, I, Oblivia, will see if you are worthy to take on the Elite!"

Leader's Team:

Hydreigon - Lvl 59 Moveset: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Night Slash, Crunch

Garchomp - Lvl 61 Moveset: Dragon Rush, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Brick Brake

Gardevoir(mega) - Lvl 62 Moveset: Moonblast, Physic, wish, dazzling gleam.

Dragonite: Lvl 63 - Fissure, Thunder, Draco Meteor, Hurricane

Slyveon: - Lvl 65 Moveset: Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Moonblast, Hyper beam

Upon Trainer Winning: I knew you were the trainer I was waiting for.

Upon Trainer Losing: I guess I will be stuck here to wait...forever.

After Battle Dialogue:

"I was right. Thank you. Thank you so much for returning the fire I thought died inside me long ago. Now I can go face him again. Take this."

*Gives Abyss Badge*

Eevee cries out again.

"I see Eevee has taken a liking to you. She is the daughter of my slyveon. She has a love called Elemental Beam, odd thing is I never heard of that move before seeing her do it. Please, take her with my blessing."

*Trainer obtains a lvl 10 Eevee.*

And thats how it would go down if it were up to me!

I would be a Water type Gym Leader with a Gym where you need to hop on a boat/raft and ride on the raft, fighting gym trainers. If the gym trainer is beaten, they will lower or raise the water to allow you to pass to get to me.

My team would be:

Milotic - Moves: Ice Beam, Surf, Rain Dance, Recover - Item: Leftovers - Ability: Cute Charm

Tentacruel - Moves: Surf, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam - Item: Assault Vest - Ability: Rain Dish

Politoed - Moves: Mud Bomb, Surf, Scald, Psychic - Item: Damp Rock - Ability: Drizzle

Ludicolo - Moves: Giga Drain, Teeter Dance, Leech Seed, Surf - Item: Big Root - Ability: Rain Dish

Kabutops - Moves: Waterfall, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance, Stone Edge - Item: Life Orb - Ability: Swift Swim

(Ace) Mega Swampert - Moves: Ice Punch, Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Hammer Arm - Item: Swampertite - Ability: Torrent

Obviously my strategy is to set up Rain with Politoed's Drizzle and use Kabutops or Mega Swampert to Sweep. Ludicolo would be used to stall, as well as Milotic. Tentacruel would be my special wall and Swampert would be my physical wall.

I would give out the TM Scald, since it's the only good Water-type TM.

Guest MegaMagikarp

Oh man, love this topic. I have different types of "moods" when I play Pokemon, and I usually like to create a secret narrative for my characters. This run (Reborn) I am trying something new with an only-poison party. It has been fun and pretty cool. That said, my (current) top three gym leaders:

1) Poison/dark gym:

Make it legit dark. Like suffering, sadist, etc (Corey times 50x). The gym will be a mix of poison and dark and the final leader is a double battle. The dark are to buffer psychic spammers and the poison to absolutely drain the opponents. It would be torture. Most of the gym would be in the style of a haunted/gothic carnival with a lot of steam punk backgrounds. Lots of traps. I always felt bad for poison types because it is so underrated. Like, most of the moves are redundant because they are usually the same except with a better variant, and the ultimate move, toxic, is learned by everybody. Plus, no poison legendary. I want a way to reflect how cool poison can be IRL fighting.

2) The sage:

A gym leader with a strong connection to the earth and borderline eco-terrorist. Heavy influence on Grass types and water types, with the primary strategy to have walls set up and tanks obliterate. Obviously fire tears it up, so I would have to get creative. A lot of the gym would have to beaten by brute force, because you will get drained if you wait too long and heavy recovery.

3) The mimic:

Overly-emphatic gym with clowns/theatrics. Lots of mirrors and fake rooms where you have to battle. The leader always uses theater metaphors and is very dramatic/overly emotional. Most of the warm-up fights will be Mr. Mimes, Smeargles, etc. HOWEVER, the gym leader is just a team of dittos.

Did I post before? If not, then I'll post now. If I was a gym leader it would probably be Dark type or Dragon type.

1) If it was Dark type, my theme would be a tall fortress surrounded by skulls, pit-holes, thrones etc resembling a necromancer's lair. The puzzle to it would be to collect all the essentials required to summon all sorts of undead like zombies, skeletons, wraith etc and fighting them in a pokemon battle. Then a throne room would unlock in which I would be sitting on the throne and challenge you. My pokemon team would be a Justified Absol w/ Choice Scarf, Hydreigon with Roseli Berry, Protean Greninja @expert belt, Spiritomb @leftovers, Cacturne w/Focus Sash and my ace Yveltal @Life orb. I know legendaries are cheap but Yveltal is related to death and destruction, which is the theme of this gym.

2) If it was Dragon type, the background of the theme would be a dragon's base deep inside a fiery volcano and you have to walk on bridges and rocks, figuring out ways to cross the burning magma. Also, if you are not careful, your pokemon can get hit by small burst of ash and lava. I got inspired by Serra's gym in which if you break the wrong mirror, your pokemon get hurt. My team would be comprising of Moxie Salamence w/Life Orb, Multi-Scale Dragonite with leftovers, a Gooey Goodra with leftovers, Flygon with Lum Berry, Hydreigon w/Choice Scarf and ace Rough-Skin Garchomp with Rocky Helmet.

• 1 month later...

Complete opposite to my penchant for warm climate, i would specialize in Ice type( my third favourite, but tons of people already compete for psychic type or ghost type), i would teach the challenger of my gym to respect Ice type, despite the glaring multiple weaknesses and few resistances, it should be force to be reckoned with, gym settings would be ice hockey arena

Team Roster:

Vanilluxe

Dewgong

Walrein

Mamoswine

Cryogonal

Mega Abomasnow

>Yes
>No"
Yes:
No:
-----
-----
"You're going, then?"
Upon protagonist losing:
*recalls back pokemon*
After the battle:
-----

Holy christ, I love this.

My type would be Water! The water gym would be a series of trainers that you battle in "Water Battles" (New Battle Mechanic I thought of). Pokemon that can be used in water battles may only be Dragon, Flying, Water, and Ice Types! There will also be a maze on top of that with multiple currents pulling you around. My play style would be defensive but at the end really offensive! ;)KXe2R.jpgPachyrisy is dying... ;-;

My Gym would be all bout Pokemon types that are actually contradict with one of their types like Heatran or Emolga. My Team would be be Heatran, Volcanion, Metagross, Aggron, and my final two..... Volcarona, and Pangoro. In order for trainer to challenge me they would have to either battle the trainers or answer some quizzes, the quizzes would about Pokemon and if they got it right hey get a free pass if they got it wrong it's battle time. But that's not all it will also be a labyrinth. With many twists and turns. With each quiz answered or trainer battle the labyrinth will open it's pathway to the Gym Leader.

I would be a steel type gym leader.

My gym would be a giant castle (Like Radomus) and the puzzle is to find all the five keys hidden in the castle to make the staircase who leads to the throne (where i will be) appear.

The NPCs in the castle are going to give you hints of where the knights, guardians of those five keys, are. Everytime you find a key, a Klefki will appear and take your key to the staircase room, so you don't have to go there everytime. Once all the staircase appear, you will fight me.

My team, like Luna's, is going to have all the members of the castle (or not... hehe)

Empoleon - The King

Bisharp - The Knight

Scizor - The gardener

Excadrill - The Miner

Mawile (Mega) - The Princess

Aegislash - The Swordsman

I would be that one guy who uses all types. Let me explain.

The front area of my gym would be circular filled with 18 identical trainers. Each would have two or three pokemon of their respective types. Upon entering you would be asked to search for three keys among the eighteen trainers. You would battle them until you find the keys (or until you beat them all if you wanted) and then gain access to my chamber. If you find the keys right away in the first three battles then I would have a full team of normal types. However, for every battle (up to six) that you don't find a key I will have a Pokemon of the trainer's type.

Remember that you have no idea which trainers have which types before battling so you can't stack my team for an easy win. Also, I would place a rule that a challenger couldn't leave the gym before facing the leader or forfeiting, which would mean you have to start again from the beginning. You could only forfeit after finding all the keys though.

Another variation I was thinking of would give me a random team if the challenger missed a key twice, but there's my idea. This setup would either be for a challenge league or an eighth gym leader.

An Ice/Ghost gym, because they're my favourite. The gym would be covered in a blanket of snow, and a blizzard will be happening that lets you barely see the path forward. Trainers can be met in dead ends, and right before me. Once you've made it to me, battle commences!

Team:

mamoswine.gif

Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Thick Fat

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

- Hail

- Avalanche

mismagius.gif

Mismagius (M) @ Sitrus Berry

Trait: Levitate

- Nasty Plot

- Shadow Ball

- Dazzling Gleam

- Confuse Ray

walrein.gif

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Thick Fat

- Aqua Ring

- Blizzard

- Toxic

- Protect

spiritomb.gif

Spiritomb (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure

- Will-O-Wisp

- Foul Play

- Infestation

- Protect

banette-mega.gif

Banette (M) @ Banettite

Trait: Insomnia

- Shadow Claw

- Gunk Shot

- Confuse Ray

- Thunder Wave

froslass.gif

Froslass (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Cursed Body

- Ice Beam

- Shadow Ball

- Thunder Wave

- Substitute

LATE EDIT: The battle will be a double battle. Upon besting me, you will receive the Chills badge, and the TMs for Shadow Ball and Thunder Wave.

Edited by Alicirno

I'll just follow normal rules and stick to just one type, which would obviously be Ice - my favorite type.

My gym would probably be the 7th gym.

The city which my gym resides will be at a slightly higher altitude than the other cities of the region - making it naturally distant. Several houses will be present - but there won't be any major infrastructures apart from the Gym and a museum dedicated to Ice and Water Legendary Pokemon - namely Articuno, Suicune, Regice, Kyogre, Palkia, Manaphy, Phione, Keldeo and Kyurem. A shady figure will be lurking in front of the museum - perhaps someone from an evil organization?

The Gym will be inaccessible to the challenger at first - and a trainer will inform the player that I have gone to a nearby mountain as local Ice-type Pokemon which reside in the mountain have gone restless. The challenger will then find me on top of the mountain peak, where Articuno will be there, communicating with me. Articuno will sense the challenger's presence and fly away. Then, I notice that the challenger has arrived.

My appearance would be like that of my profile pic. Slightly small in appearance, but with a cheeky smile and short brown hair.

'Ah, you must be (challenger). It's nice of you to visit me here. Don't look so surprised that I know your name! I've heard all about your successful victories over the other Gym Leaders, and I assumed that you will come here eventually for my badge. You're lucky to have seen Articuno, however. Beautiful isn't it? Not many people witness me communicating with Articuno. It doesn't usually appear here unless it wants to forewarn us of a great peril. Something malevolent is approaching us, and Articuno have come to inform us in advance...

But let us not dwell on that matter for now. Tell me, do you like Ice-type Pokemon?'

Yes: 'Oh good! I feel like we're developing a certain kinship already! I expect it to show up in our upcoming battle.'

No: 'I see. Forgive my regulations, but I make it a top priority that my challengers have at least one Ice-type Pokemon in their party when they come to challenge me. There are a lot of Ice-type Pokemon in this mountain as you probably know already, so I suggest you try and befriend one before coming to my gym.'

'I better get going now. It would be extremely rude of me to leave a skilled challenger such as yourself to wait for longer than they have to. Join me at your leisure, (challenger). Farewell for now.'

Upon entering the gym, the challenger will find him/herself in a very large, chilly garden. The Gym Leader's chamber can be found at the far end of the garden, but a giant lake with large currents will be blocking the way. Due to the large currents, it will be impossible to surf across the lake, and instead, the challenger must locate 5 different Ice Pokemon in the garden (Smoochum, Cubchoo, Sealeo, Vanillish and Cryogonal) - and bring them all to the edge of the lake, so that they can freeze the lake and allowing the challenger to access the Gym Leader's chamber. The garden will contain a slightly complex maze and trainers will be scattered throughout the Gym.

When the challenger has reached the Gym Leader's chamber:

'Wow, I really didn't expect to see you so soon! Usually challengers take around a couple of hours on average to conquer the maze, but you sure seem pretty intelligent. Let me formally introduce myself. My name is OOO and I specialize in Ice-type Pokemon. Ice is known to be very fragile, but it is the beauty that is concealed within the fragility that makes Ice Pokemon so elegant! I see you have brought (challenger's Ice-type Pokemon) with you. Good! I can't wait to see how it performs in battle! Alright, enough talking. Let's get this show on the road!'

The Team:

mamoswine.gif

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash

Ability: Thick Fat

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

- Icicle Crash

- Stealth Rock

aurorus.gif

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Snow Warning

Modest Nature

- Blizzard

- Earth Power

- Freeze-Dry

- Thunderbolt

froslass.gif

Froslass @ Leftovers

Ability: Snow Cloak

Timid Nature

- Hail

- Hidden Power (Ground)

- Ice Beam

- Shadow Ball

weavile.gif

Weavile @ Life Orb

Ability: Pressure

Jolly Nature

- Ice Shard

- Icicle Crash

- Knock Off

- Low Kick

cloyster.gif

Cloyster @ White Herb

Ability: Skill Link

Adamant Nature

- Icicle Spear

- Razor Shell

- Rock Blast

- Shell Smash

glaceon.gif

Glaceon @ Brightpowder

Ability: Snow Cloak

Modest Nature

- Hidden Power (Ground)

- Ice Beam

- Shadow Ball

- Wish

When the challenger wins:

'Your skills have surely surpassed mine. Kudos to you!'

When the challenger loses:

'A loss can be bitter - but don't feel bad about it. Concentrate on improving yourself, and you'll see the light eventually'

After the battle:

'I haven't had to take this jumper off during a battle for a long time. Cheeky as it sounds, but you are one fiery trainer. As the proof of your victory, I shall grant you-'

*EXPLOSION*

'...Are you alright? It seems that Articuno's warning was to be anticipated sooner than I expected it to be. Come, (challenger). Let us find out the source of this commotion...'

Dark or Ghost. I guess my gym puzzle would literally be a puzzle. The only visible room before solving the puzzle is an entrance room. That's where you have to solve the puzzle before being able to move on the gym itself (which is the puzzle you just solved).

The actual gym consists of a maze with ghost trainers (if my gym was Ghost-type. If not, then there are trainers waiting at dead-ends or blocking paths, forcing you to find another way).

My Ghost-type team would be:

Cofagrigus: prepare for some Toxic Spikes

Trevenant: Harvest combined with Leech Seed and Horn Leech

Aegislash: King's Shield, Swords Dance - you know, basic stuff

Dusknoir: Trick Room, perhaps some Power-up Punch and Shadow Punch/Sneak action as well

Spiritomb: Hopefully going to hit extra hard with Hex

Jellicent: Recover, Trick Room, Water Spout...

Something like that. Simply put, the team consists of Pokemon that are bulky or can recover health while leeching yours. Then there's the poison to worry about as well. Basically, the longer the battle lasts, the worse are your odds to win.

Edited by Zargerth

Type: Rock

Battle type: Doubles

Field: Murkwater field

Setting: A cave with two floors, the lower one containing the toxic water surrounding platforms, the upper floor with strength boulders. Basically a rip-off of Clair's gym from Gen II GSC. Push boulders in to create a safe path across the sludge to get to the gym leader.

Opening: ...So much for being left alone, I suppose its not possible when you hold any sort of power that others will come to best themselves against it. Still, it makes it all the sweeter when fools come to test me, only to lose without having done a thing. Let me show you what it means to be able to do nothing while you succumb to poison.

Team

Tyrannitar @ Smooth Rock

Sand Stream

-Rock Polish

-Rock Silde

-Thunder Punch

-Aqua Tail

Kabutops @ Life Orb

Swift Swim

-Nature power

-Swords Dance

-Rock Slide

-Low Kick

Solrock @ Colbur Berry

Levitate

-Heat Wave

-Rock Slide

-Zen Headbutt

-Will-O-Wisp

Mega-Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite

Unnerve/Tough Claws

-Thunder Fang

-Aerial Ace

-Rock slide

-Aqua Tail

Omastar @ White herb

Swift Swim

-Shell Smash

-Surf

-Earth power

-Ice Beam

Cradily @ Leftovers

Storm Drain

-Giga Drain

-Earth Power

-Sludge Wave

-Recover

The idea of the team would be to spam rock slide aiming for flinchax while the other team takes damage from the murkwater. Half my team is immune to the field effect, while the other half takes reduced damage due to being rock types. Other than tyrannitar (initially) and cradily, my pokemon should outspeed the other team and commence making someone extremely upset. Additionally, most of these pokemon have electric/poison/water coverage to take advantage of the field. Due to all water attacks gaining posion typing and sand from tyrannitar, surf spam is not an effective tactic, as is EQ due to the field negating physical ground moves. Grass types cop it bad from the field effect, and those that don't get picked off by M-aero or solrock. In a wose case scenario, Cradily can attempt to stall out the other team by spamming recover. Eventually with sand up and the toxic water, Omastar can set up a shell smash and annihilate any remaining resistance.

Freezing the field is okay, but solrock has heatwave to thaw any blizzard tactics. Whirlpool to clean the field can work, but cradily will use storm drain to stop surf spam while using sludge wave to reset the field back to murkwater.

Steel types are a nice deterrent, but this team still has plenty of coverage to deal with them, or they can be burnt by solrock if physical.

Edit: Rock slide is given as the TM for victory.

Edited by sound of silence

I would be a psychic and dark type my gym would be based off the minds of pokemon what are they thinking and want.my team would be

Houndoom

Weavile

Umbreon

alakazam

Gallade

mewtwo

my ace would be mewtwo for difficulty reasons. Also hi everyone

Edited by NiroSakuraba