If you were a Gym Leader...

I'd be a fairy type gym leader :P

The set up would be a series of 3 rooms with a stage, and each time the player enters a room, his/her costume changes :P

First he/she enters into a room where a guy stands looking at the side curtain, saying "Cinderella, don't go" or something - then the player talks to him and triggers a battle.

Spoiler

"Who are you, have you kidnapped my Cinderella?" - Actor ____ wants to battle.

He would have a clefairy/clefable of appropriate level.

Winning: "Sorry I must go, I must find my beloved"

Then he/she enters into the second room, where an old couple is saying farewells to their beloved Princess Kaguya.

Talking to either of them triggers a battle.

Spoiler

Either: "Let us disperse our sorrow with a pokemon battle" - Actor ____ and actress ____ want to battle.

It would be a double battle with spritzee/aromatisse and swirlix/slurpuff.

Winning: "We will miss our Princess, but we hope for her happiness"

The last room is a Romeo and Juliet room, where Juliet cries over dead Romeo.

Talking to her triggers a battle.

Spoiler

"Who could have donest this deed! Could it be thou? Prepare for the consequences!" - Actress ____ wants to battle.

She would have a togetic/togekiss.

Winning: "'tis but my destiny to be gone"

Finally, in the last room he/she finds me, the Gym Leader dressed as a fairy (with wings and all)

The room is not a stage, but looks like a forest with colorful trees.

Spoiler

"What did you think of the plays? The many tales that speak of strong men and women, reenacted on stage. I'm sure you felt the magic flowing, just like I will with this encounter!" - Gym Leader Candy wants to battle.

Team: Wigglytuff, Azumarill, Whimsicott, Sylveon, Gardevoir, Florges (shiny white flower)

Winning: "Your pokemon battled most magically. You have earned the Dreamy badge."

Das it folks :D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

As an ice cream sand witch, I'd be an Ice leader. 

All the gym trainers' dialogue would be puns, and the puzzle would also be based around understanding puns. An example might be filling in the blank from a given list of choices which word goes best with a pun. Another possibility could be having to make your own puns, or explaining the puns used in the gyms, although I'm not sure it'd be possible to code that into a game. The gym would be shaped and designed like an ice cream cone.

Team: Vanilluxe (ice cream), Froslass (witch), Frost Rotom (refrigerators keep food cold), Lapras, Mamoswine (sand), Aurorus

In no specific order

Badge would be the Ice Cream Badge

• 4 weeks later...

If I were a gym leader...I wouldn't be using a specific type, but rather a team centered around a theme. Specifically, canine.

To get to the "gym," you actually need a local guide to make sure you don't get lost in the woods because the roads and paths are overgrown.

"Well take a look around. This place is pretty much just an abandoned town, full of dilapidated buildings and overgrown streets. This place was once a thriving community years ago, but nobody really knows why it declined, only that it did. Some think the place is under some kind of curse that chased everyone away. Others believe the people simply moved somewhere more prosperous. Either way, the town has laid empty ever since," Here the guide pauses, "Well, except for Constantine. Odd guy for a gym leader. He doesn't talk or really interact with anyone. Just stays silent and wanders the town."

"Occasionally, punks from the next town over would set up shop, but Constantine always pushed them out. However, they're persistent kids and they kept coming back," He grimaces, "It's the strangest thing. Before, they were the kind to randomly destroy things for jollies. Now? They're focused on being like him, like they're trying to get his approval. They traded in their spiked leather jackets and mohawks for dusters and stetsons." 

He shrugs, "Don't get me wrong, most people don't mind that they're not smashing things anymore. But it was still kinda creepy when they all stopped talking. Anyway, if you want to challenge Constantine, you'll have to get through them first."

Your guide gives the town a nervous glance, "I'd wish you luck, but I'm not sure how much that'd do for you there. I'll be over here until you're done."

Trainers in the town use the varying "canine" pokemon. The puzzle is trying to figure out which one is actually the gym leader, since they all act and dress the same.

Mysterious Stranger Constantine would like to battle!

Opening Quote: "...Get ready."

Team (Double Battle):

"Lass" Stoutland (Normal) Female

Ability: Intimidate

Moveset: Giga Impact (Normal), Wild Charge (Electric), Crunch (Dark), Work Up (Normal)

"Ranger" Houndoom (Dark/Fire) Male

Ability: Flash Fire

Moveset: Sunny Day (Fire), Flamethrower (Fire), Sludge Bomb (Poison), Solar Beam (Grass)

"Bullet" Arcanine (Fire) Female

Moveset: Flamethrower (Fire), Crunch (Dark), Brick Break (Fighting), Extremespeed (Normal)

"Boulder" Lycanroc (Rock) Male 

Ability: Steadfast

Moveset: Accelerock (Rock), Rock Tomb (Rock), Crunch (Dark), Stone Edge (Rock)

"Bolt" Manectric (Electric) Male

Ability: Static

Moveset: Thunder (Electric), Discharge (Electric), Double Team (Normal), Rain Dance (Water)

"Fang" Mightyena (Dark) Male

Moveset: Crunch (Dark), Sucker Punch (Dark), Thunder Fang (Electric), Snarl (Dark)

Losing Quote: "...Better luck next time."

Victory Quote: "...Well done, kid."

After the battle, Constantine gives you the Pack Badge and a TM before wandering out of sight.

Because the team's moveset is so varied, the TM given is randomly picked from Sludge Bomb, Rock Tomb, or Wild Charge.

Edited by Constantine

Normal/Ghost Gym for me. It would be located in a town that is not too small nor too big, just your average town with normal folks and some mystery around it. Inside the gym, there is gonna be an elevator that need an access card for it to work. How to get an access card? Well simple, in the very same room, there are 5 doors that leads to different trainers, but only one of them has the card. So yeah, if you are lucky, you only need to beat one trainer to get it. It's quite simple and normal. But right after you activate the elevator using the access card, you need to decide either to go up or down. Going up will made the gym leader lead with a Ghost type, going down and the gym leader will lead with a Normal type. So once you reach the floor there is gonna be a PC and healing machine but the elevator will be locked again until gym leader is defeated. How does the gym leader knows which floor you are gonna go and stand there be preparing for you? That's a question you don't ask.

Normal type pokemon

1st: Pidgeot@Mega Stone  Ability: Keen Eye. Hurricane, Heat Wave,Roost, Steel Wing

2nd: Wigglytuff@Red Card. Ability: Skill Link. Dazzling Gleam, Hyper Voice, Toxic, Wish.

3rd: Sawsbuck@Leftover.  Ability:Sap Sipper. Double Edge, Horn Leech, Leech Seed, Jump Kick.

4th: Arceus

Ghost Type pokemon

1st. Cofagrigus@Bright Powder. Ability: Mummy. Will-o-wisp, Hex, Protect, Toxic

2nd. Golurk@Quick Claw.  Ability: No Guard. Heavy Slam, Dynamic Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge

3rd. Froslass@Occa Berry.  Ability: Cursed Body. Destiny Bond,Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt

I'll give out the Hyper Badge, then ask the trainer to choose left or right box for a TM machine. Then I'll say something like: Now you'll never what machine is in the opposite box. But actually both boxes has the same TM machine which is Shadow Ball. I just make it so the player will redo the battle again to see what the other option is but only to be disappointed  when he/she discovered it's the same TM Machine.

Atm I think I would choose to be a dual-type Grass/Rock leader, these 2 types covering each other's weaknesses nicely. I'm not completely sure about the team, but there would definitely be a Cradily, a Serperior, probably a Whimsicott, and a Midday Lycanroc for the sake of having something offense-based. My strategy would rely on Leech Seed/ Giga Drain stalling, status effects, and Sandstorm shenanigans to help Cradily's stalling and activate Lycanroc's Sand Rush.

My gym would look like Reborn's Route 2, except obviously smaller and not as tedious; a jumping-over-mossy-rocks kind of puzzle, with the occasional Strength block-pushing to create a path.

I would give the Amber Badge to victorious trainers, which would slightly increase their pokémon's Special Defense and enable Rock Climb outside of battle.