Anybody watching shofu's playthrough?

Antilegend

Huzzah to Shofu beating Charlotte! It's funny how the comments complaining about how the game is "broken" have more or less disappeared now that Shofu beat Charlotte almost the instant he had a decent strategy for her. Now I really hope he goes back to 14.1 because of the broken partner double battles in 14.5. I would like to say he'll have an easier time with Blake and Terra, but with how the series has gone so far I don't exactly have my hopes up. That being said, I enjoy his LP of Reborn.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy for him that he made it.

Unfortunately I facepalmed when he got to the circus, which was right to do and then goes like: "I should pause the playthrough to see where Dive is" and then he just goes on all the way down Route 2 still without dive...

At this point I'm really unsure if I should be angry at him or pity the fool....

I just realized that after shofu used Surf on the superheated field, the accuracy of evey Pokemon got lowered every time a Pokemon got hit with surf. This means with one Surf got lowered by 3 stages for using only one Surf. It´s a similar thing like using Discharge in a double battle on the Factory-/Short-Circuit field where the field changes everytime someone got hit (which means it can change up to 3 times with one attack). Ame decided to leave it in because it was a neat effect but I still don´t think it should be left like this.

I just realized that after shofu used Surf on the superheated field, the accuracy of evey Pokemon got lowered every time a Pokemon got hit with surf. This means with one Surf got lowered by 3 stages for using only one Surf. It´s a similar thing like using Discharge in a double battle on the Factory-/Short-Circuit field where the field changes everytime someone got hit (which means it can change up to 3 times with one attack). Ame decided to leave it in because it was a neat effect but I still don´t think it should be left like this.

Moves that interact with the field get applied every time they hit a target. So not only are your Surf and Discharge observations true, but also if you were to, for example, use Blizzard on the water surface field, the first target hit would only activate the field transformation, but the second target hit would get the damage and freeze% increase from the icy field.

Even though I think this is kind of neat, it just looks buggy. It's like, something that you wouldn't first expect, but then you understand it based on your intuitions about programming and how these events are ordered.

Does anyone know how familiar he is with Gen 1 mechanics?

Gen 1 mechanics aren't hard. I read the description of the Glitch Field in the Library back in Beryl when I was there, and still remembered everything.

Just reading it once on the website will bring your mind straight back to gen 1.

Though he doesn't have much good against ground... or Psychic for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent out Scrafty thinking it will resist Psychic.

Bug types are really good in Reborn, Galvantula and Scolipede saved me plenty of times.

I gonna so love when he is on Terra's gym. That episode gonna be one of my favourites.

Does he have an Ice-type move on his team? I'll be guessing that the Garchomp will be a nuisance to him if he doesn't. 'WHY DOES THAT DRACO METEOR HIT WITH THE SAME POWER WHEN THE FRIGGIN SP.ATK HARSHLY FELL????"

Gen 1 mechanics aren't hard. I read the description of the Glitch Field in the Library back in Beryl when I was there, and still remembered everything.

Just reading it once on the website will bring your mind straight back to gen 1.

Though he doesn't have much good against ground... or Psychic for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent out Scrafty thinking it will resist Psychic.

Bug types are really good in Reborn, Galvantula and Scolipede saved me plenty of times.

Scrafty should still be immune to psychic, its just that the field will register every dark attack as a normal attack instead.

I didn't find Charlotte that tough. Swanna with Rain Dance, very powerful Seaking, Sturdy Golem with Earthquake to complement Swanna, Confuse Ray Dusknoir, and heavy hitters Delphox and Sap Sipper Bouffalant (Take that Energy Ball!) to beat her.

I also found Luna easy due to my lethal Leavanny. And Noel was just very tedious for me. Led with Golem and he took Cinciino like a champ. Punch Man the Primeape and Ancient Automaton Koloktos took down his other Normal and Fairy types. His Clefable though, that thing just spammed Calm Mind until Delphox's special attacks did nothing. However, we knew Psychoshock, so it eventually went down.

Shade cause me the most trouble. Had to grind a lot to beat him.