Anybody watching shofu's playthrough?

Antilegend

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he had earthquake and knew how it affected field, so it was pretty much just a matter of figuring out the right leads,switches, and whatnot to win. A lot of my battles were like that too, getting swept a few times in a row as I scouted out pokemon and tweaked strategy but when I actually won only lose like one or two pokemon.

The mewtwo and terra battle will only be as difficult for his for as long as it takes for him to realize its entirely gen 1 mechanics, and gen 1 was pretty easy to abuse Terra was probably the only gym leader I beat on the first try and shofu has a good team to exploit that, especially with a gardevoir.

Edited by madf0x

I'm also kind of shocked how long it took him to beat Blake considering he had both HELL YEAH and Alla Dat.

He came close really close one time but he blew it by refusing to heal.

That Ice Field is some bullshit though I agree, the only reason I lost to Blake in my LP is because of a BS freeze that cost me the game, but the second time I demolished him (Mold Breaker Excadrill is god).

I also didn't find Terra hard at all because I bought Air Balloons beforehand. The Mewtwo is a whole nother story, especially with the Glitch field jfc so much for weaknesses....

Dud!T3RR4 suck I beat her in first try even with lv.78 Rarchomp can't do anything

oh and why did T3RR4 give us Bulldoze anyway,do any of her mons even have that move?

Dud!T3RR4 suck I beat her in first try even with lv.78 Rarchomp can't do anything

oh and why did T3RR4 give us Bulldoze anyway,do any of her mons even have that move?

Actually... most of her Pokemon had Bulldoze - Garchomp, Hippowdon and Claydol at least.

To be fair there is the whole double freeze effect, and idk about you but when was the last time you spammed blizzard on an ice field four turns in a row? Such is life but oh boy am I looking forward to the rage in the next episode, though so far he seems to be really enjoying this trippy gen one glitch area.

He had a strategy against terra this episode. Holy shit. Pretty smart with will o wisp and trick room. I love this episode, one of my favourites.

And i slammed my face hard when he realized that his darmanitan had taunt :I

He had a strategy against terra this episode. Holy shit. Pretty smart with will o wisp and trick room. I love this episode, one of my favourites.

And i slammed my face hard when he realized that his darmanitan had taunt :I

To be fair Taunt is one of those abilities that are almost never used in game - I mean, it might have some use in competitive play, but against the AI the AI is usually so bad that any move that gets prevented by taunt was going to be practically a waste of a turn anyway (for instance, when the AI uses swords dance on a pokemon with only 10% health left..)

I was screaming at him to just put Grass Knot back on Gardevoir, he probably could have won the first time if he had done that. jfc

It was nice to see him get some return hax at the end of the battle though; that battle (and the Mewtwo one) was surprisingly easy for him.

he forgot that he still has grass knot in his bag...

EDIT: What LW post this grass knot thing already!,oh well mind Grass Knot comment in his video got 20 like so that ok for me.

Edited by BBD