Today I Learned

Arkhi

Today I learned that there still a tiny chance that I have to take a french exam ... even though I'm still going to have french next year ... because French 1 and French 2 are treated as two different subjects.

Today I learned 2 things. First, college professors are seemingly out to screw with procrastinators (such as myself) with multiple assignments due right before final exams start. Second, I have no idea how to successfully do those assignments but have the determination to pull out my highest quality BS.

It's true. Their tongues can be almost twice as long as their body, depending on the species, and rest coiled inside a specially shaped skull, an extension of the nostril gauges. This tonge is barbed at the tip, and is flicked out like a harpoon to impale the grubs and worms that burrow under the wood that they drill into with their chisel-like beaks. It's quite ingenious, actually. More proof of nature's wonders.

• Upvote 1

TIL about how a 22 year old girl cleared my country's Civil Services exam and interview with the highest percentage of marks in recent history. She'll go on to have a long career, and with her obvious skills has a good chance of ending up as Cabinet Secretary by the time she retires. May she and her disciplined perseverance be a motivation to us all, regardless of where we are and what our goals may be.

• Upvote 1

I actually thought it was quite simple. The two side eyes are the ones that actually look like the eyes that Magnemite and Magneton have. Magazine's red eye is in the same position that a nose would be, so I thought it was a marking reminiscent of that. Also, the iris and pupil of the red eye are the same colour, so it wasn't obvious to me that it was an eye; if the middle was black, it would have been more clear.

TIL that there is irony in quite literally everything, comparable to how I'm saying I learned something, and yet I don't think I have a brain to learn with ;-;

... Yes I'm thinking of you, teacher who called me down to the AP office for my hardly noticeable facial hair as I stared directly at your full beard.