Today I Learned

Arkhi

TIL that in the original Predator movie, they were going to make Rob Van Dam the Predator. He quit the job for two reasons.

1. He didn't realize that he would have to wear a mask the entire time hiding his face.

2. This was the prototype for the OG Predator Costume.

743iVZH.png

TIL the guy who replaced Van Dam is 7 feet tall. Holy mother of God that is tall.

TIL that some people believe that Rap is an acronym for Rhythm and Blues. I can't find a decent source to confirm it, but I like it so hard will just believe it anyways.

TIL my school used average GPA instead of cGPA(they are the same), problem is my degree is from oversea, grad school i am applying asked me to produce a letter stating both are the same, what a hassle

TIL that Adam Smith was a jerk and is still a huge bore. Damn this report I'm supposed to write on the relevance of classical economists' views in the modern world. 90% of his supposedly great Wealth of Nations is an utterly irrelevant rant about late 1700s English wheat farmers' lives and problems.

TIL that one cannot move one's right arm in a circle and one's left leg in a square in opposite directions at the same time. You'll end up either moving both in a circle or in a square.

Edited by Viridescent

TIL that Dunsparce actually has a mouth along the border of its yellow/blue face. I always that those stupid looking 'teeth' on the bottom of its face indicated its mouth, but apparently those thingies are more like chin-spikes or barbels, not teeth.

Not like it matters. That thing is still useless to me.

And TIL that Metagross derives the 'Gross' in its name not necessarily from its grotesque appearance, but from the number 'one gross', or 144, which is 12×12.

Metagross's weight is 1212.5 lbs. That's 1212 1/2. All the dozens.

Mega Metagross, at 2078.7 lbs, is also the second heaviest of all Pokémon, after Primal Groudon.

That's... Almost 50% heavier than Dialga and 2.5 times as heavy as Mega Aggron.

Metagross, you're too damn massive!