Today I Learned

Arkhi

• Administrators

How would confusion kill a pokemon in one hit from full health?

The confusion status effect (not the move) results in a typeless physical attack with a set base power, last I remember. Deoxys has the HP and defense of a wet paper bag and the attack of... Well.

ilxjP69.png

It's third on the list, surpassed only by Mega Heracross and Mega Mewtwo X.

Unfortunately a wet paper bag probably doesn't have much power either, so that metaphor is slightly off. Oh well.

Unrelated, today I remembered (shh it counts.) that contronyms are literally the best and worst thing.

Today I learned that playing through Mass Effect 1 isn't all that's cracked up to be.

>>; The game is nice but seriously. 6 squad members? I can't even use half of them in Mass Effect 2. My bae Wrex. ;-;

Today I learned that playing through Mass Effect 1 isn't all that's cracked up to be.

>>; The game is nice but seriously. 6 squad members? I can't even use half of them in Mass Effect 2. My bae Wrex. ;-;

Don't even get me started about how much time they want you to spend in that damned Mako.

Don't even get me started about how much time they want you to spend in that damned Mako.

So much this but if it wasn't for the (mostly) boring side missions you could end the game in 10-15 hours (less if speedrunning) so for me Mass Effect 2 was much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I learned that I am self-conscious about my own posts. I can't... make posts look nice. :D

On the good side, I finally overcame said fear and posted. So there's that.

Makes sense. Concealing your identity for a protest is one thing, but people wear masks to commit crimes. Then again, I support Tor, which is basically the same thing.

I just find it ridiculous. To make something illegal because they MIGHT commit crimes? Have you seen Psycho-Pass?

It restricts the right to pursue happiness (without infringing on the happiness of others), and in a sense the right to free speech (expression). Sorry but it's not just and just further proof that we aren't truly free in this nation. We may be 'more free' than other places, but we're still being controlled by big brother.

Makes sense. Concealing your identity for a protest is one thing, but people wear masks to commit crimes. Then again, I support Tor, which is basically the same thing.

Tor books??? http://www.tor.com/

How old are those laws? I imagine nowadays, if someone tried to enforce those laws, it would probably be overturned as unconstitutional. It's one thing for a business or residence to dictate dress code within their grounds/property, but in public period?! The Public would not allow it to stand.

• Upvote 1

TIL living alone in a house isn't as spooky as it once seemed.

(Until my house-mates get back on Friday)

Edited by Sparkblast