Today I Learned

Arkhi

TIL that sometimes being a stubborn asshole actually works out in your favor, huh. I was wondering how Neo did so well in life

There's a whole lot of sociology and psychology that goes into that and a whole lot of nuances to be aware of.

But yeah, I totally understand what you're saying.

Well, I was mostly referring to an LoL match where I picked JG Quinn and this other guy insisted that she wasn't a jungler and picked JG Jax. And if I'd gone ADc and let him JG, we could have had a workable team comp. But I decided to be a stubborn asshole about it (and so did he), and we did really well and won the match pretty easily, even if he did steal all the farm

Edited by KosherKitten

TIL that killer whales were actually named whale killers by the spanish. And that the name may have been reversed in translation. I knew they ate dead whale carcasses but did not know they actively hunted whales.

http://youtu.be/Ay4xnI216iY

TIL that sharks react the opposite of of the way ants (and humans, I suppose) do. They flee the death of their kind instead of swarming the perpetrator.