Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

13 hours ago, Alisae said:

THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A ZYGARDE THAT LOOKS LIKE A ROTOM

OMG IS THAT A NEW ROTOM FORM?

13 hours ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Most likely a Rotom drone that will be capturing footage for gym battles.

Maybe you two are correct. Just wishful thinking on my behalf 😅

The eyes of our little buddy do resemble the eyes of a Rotom

9 hours ago, SilverAngelus said:

Maybe you two are correct. Just wishful thinking on my behalf 😅

The eyes of our little buddy do resemble the eyes of a Rotom

If its not a rotom i’m starting a movement known as “#bringbackthenationaldex” and complaining about all of the flaws in sw/sh, encouraging people to boycott sw/sh

that’ll teach them

22 hours ago, Lucky98 said:

Here's a better picture of it

Hide contents

wfnlIQe.jpg

But yeah, it's a rotom inhabiting a drone that you can see flying around during gym battles

Oh great, this means we'll have to hear rotom's commentary in the anime during Ash's gym battles :'^

On 8/9/2019 at 6:23 PM, Lucky98 said:

Here's a better picture of it

Hide contents

wfnlIQe.jpg

But yeah, it's a rotom inhabiting a drone that you can see flying around during gym battles

If this was a new rotom form I would have probably get a switch just to get these games.

6 hours ago, Alisae said:

the last part I forgot to mention is that it will DEFINITELY work our voices will be heard and gamefreak will make sw/sh better games

Yes its MUCH better to actively push for the games to get worse and worse with core features being removed just because you are annoyed with some people, that'll really show them. (sarcasm)

On 8/10/2019 at 7:52 PM, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

I feel like the Rotomdex in the S/M anime already does that. I haven't watched it yet but I just have that feeling.

It kinda does, although it doesn't actually referee the matches. It more or less sits there saying "does not compute, does not compute" whenever Ash pulls off something crazy.

I'll be honest, the Alolan seasons of the anime started off really refreshing. The feeling just hasn't lasted though. 

Other people in response to today's trailer:

"Room Service is so good!"

"Archeops and G. Weezing seem like they'd be best buds if they ever show up in a game together."

"Corviknight's HA kinda sucks, doesn't it?"

"R.I.P. shedinja."

"Magic Guard clefable is dead!"

"Something that can use Toxic on Magic Bouncers seems like it'd be pretty useful."

"ABSURDLY OVERPOWERED WEEZING! ALL OF MY YES!"

Me in response to today's trailer:

"WEEZING THAT"S A HARD NONBO WITH A. MUK, NO!"

"Hey, G. Weezing can make Fan Rotom's Flying Type actually do something!"

...I think I may have different priorities than most. 😅

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

"Archeops and G. Weezing seem like they'd be best buds if they ever show up in a game together."

"R.I.P. shedinja."

"Something that can use Toxic on Magic Bouncers seems like it'd be pretty useful."

🙀 Corviknight's HA doesn't suck. It's pretty good since their stats won't lower...

2 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

"R.I.P. shedinja."

I like Corviknight's Hidden ability for the fact of free stat lowers

Shedninja was already pretty dead as most people have already one or two of it's weaknesses gaurenteed

Regigigas, slacking, archeops and more would be awesome to pair with it all three have good stats but piss pour abilities.

New items are kinda interesting, I found I never really liked trick room tatics so not overly enjoying the room service though the one that switches out at stats lowered is kinda jokes but cool in it's own way

1 hour ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Wow. I didn’t even know a new trailer was out. Idt we ever had a trailer all about new items & abilities before btw. They’re interesting. & I love G.F. Weeding even more now!

Interesting ability, though can be a double edged sword if used wrong

• Upvote 1

In actual in game online battles it's too niche without something like Slaking to partner it with. In an environment like VGC or Showdown where there's a more established "meta" it could be better if there's specific, commonly used abilities you want to nullify, e.g. weather setters or form changers.

5 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I swear, the more I hear about this game, the more I want to not buy it.

Is this normal?

No usually Pokemon was very good about selecting cool features and advertising. This game so far is a let down

No national Dex is the biggest issue for most people top that off they are taking away all the other little gimmicks that thier fan base enjoys.

TheRotom Dex was a nuisance (at least to me) so hearing they are continuing with it is slightly disheartening. Would love OrAs one brought back that was best one in my opinion. You got to play games with your Pokemon while EV training, pet them and play more games, dress them up and the rare Pokemon finder best of all it didn't talk to to you! Rotom reminds me of 'Navi' from Zelda who is outright annoying at times.

The Pokemon so far are okay there's only a couple so far design wise that I thought positively of sure Wheezing's ability is cool but it's not a Pokemon I enjoyed using and Zigzagoon like I like the design but don't overly love it

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Response to the above rumor:

Spoiler

That grookey evo feels a bit off to me. It's just so thin, which kinda stands out in a Region where almost every new pokemon revealed so far has been pretty chunky. The other odd aspects of the design to arguably have been passed off as a side effect of there being a new art director, but there really isn't much getting around that one. Shame, 'cause there's quite a bit of creativity here. A thorny tail on something other than an ankylosaurus or manticore pokemon? A tool that is a flute, a hair accessory, and a pair of nunchucks all at once? Both of these traits are pretty neat, if I do say so myself. It's got a nice "druidic mystic" feel to it, which I can appreciate a lot more than the whole "brutish gorilla drummer" thing everyone seems to be expecting. Though if the leak is real, I really have to wonder what's up with the whole "token effeminate starter" thing the 3D Generations have had lately...

Scorbunny's evo design here is... largely what I expected at first glance. What makes is stand out a small bit are the little details here, like the visor ears and the electrical pentagons on its palms, but... the latter traits seems awfully similar to zeraora. Maybe the other geometries all over its body are electrical as well? Regardless, this loosely Reshiram-themed runner is bound to get a few fouls on the game field- I'm fairly certain tasers are banned in the vast majority of sports, after all!

For something that's reportedly supposed to have a spy theme (not that matters, seeing as the grookey evo isn't a drummer gorilla anyway), the sobble evo sure looks flashy. C'mon man, a cape? How is that supposed to be subtle? But I got to thinking, and come to the realization that this thing can look as flashy as is dang well pleases- it's probably not going to even be visible while it's on a mission! Sobble already has the ability to hide in plain sight while in water, and these sorts of capabilities tend to get stronger as the pokemon progresses up the evolution chain. Aside from that, it's got a SSBU!Ridley-esque tail spike for swift assassinations, and its scales have hardened up a bit for extra defense should that fail (which is bound to happen in a turn-based RPG like Pokemon...), so it's more than gotten past its old crybaby youth. Though that begs to question as to whether or not sobble's incredible tears are still in its capabilities somewhere. 

All in all, two out of three liked designs certainly ain't bad, and it's not like the one that didn't make it for me is terrible either. On the off chance that this is legitimate, I wouldn't have much reason to complain. Though I could see there being a serious case of of "what could've been" if this proves false and what we actually get is worse... 😅

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2019 at 1:43 PM, ShadeStrider said:

I swear, the more I hear about this game, the more I want to not buy it.

Is this normal?

Nah I wouldn't say it's abnormal.

It's not that I hate the game, there's been a lot of cool concepts shown off in the trailers. The easiest way to say this in my opinion is that the concept of Pokemon and the franchise itself is still very strong, but the game has fallen apart when it comes to being inclusive of older content and features while also having consistently good graphics and animations. 

For a while I was somewhat happy because it seemed as if they were actually pacing out the trailers and the amount of information they were putting out about the games a lot better than how they paced it for SM/USM, but now I'm just wondering if that means they don't have a lot to show off.