Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Kane looks just slightly relieved as Ferdiad agrees to come with.

2mBTdVm.png

"Thank you, brave Knight... I promise when all of this is done, the country will hail you as a hero. Queen Stella will see to that as well... there are many sins in this world, and sometimes, they can't be forgiven... but all the same, there is always a road to redemption. It's just a matter of if you want to take that bumpy, treacherous road... to get to a satisfying destination at the end."

Kane gives him a gentle pat on the shoulder.

2mBTdVm.png

"Won't you both join me back in the living room?... Snowbird, I know you were getting overwhelmed, so you don't have to if you don't want to. I just want to go deliver my verdict to the Queen."

---

Stella gives a very gentle giggle at Justine's words, though Albert slightly narrows his eyes at her.

RDUhDVk.png

"You're very kind... and I am grateful for all of your answers so far, but please make sure that all of you are willing to come with me. If there's anything I can do or say to convince you, please let me know..."

Arthur gives a little sigh, still looking away from the group with his eyes closed. His hand clasps over where his Mark is, as if to try to hide it even more than his clothes already were.

2MTq7Bk.png

"..."

Mim hesitated, slowly detaching herself from Ferdy and then shook her head.

YFaSgqV.png

"I-I'm sorry, K- no, Phoenix. I just... Like I said. Finding out Crimson was Ria's prince was bad enough. Getting the queen involved like this... I'll come along and everything, don't worry about that. But... I can't interact with them like they're normal people. I'm just a simple merchant. I have nothing in common with people like that. And no right to treat them like..."

She cut herself off, forcing a laugh.

"Ha. Listen to me. Ha... No, I'll be fine. I just need a bit of time in here away from everyone, that's all."

Shin turns to Baldur, surprised at his unusually ..concerned demeanor, he wasn't brutally aggressive, for a change.

FdBwyuh.png
"Ah.. o-okay.. I-I will try to be ..careful next time.. thank you.. uh.. Orchid.."

Later upon hearing Tabitha's jests, Shin turns towards her with a slightly puzzled look.

ezACjoP.png
"Oh.. hi Tabi- uh.. R-rose? ..was that it..?" 

gFFAq8G.png
"A-ah.. truthfully I usually do look like, um.. this.. b-but I'm fine really..!" Shin scratches his head again as he usually does. "Y-you don't have to waste any energy on me.. Aren't you busy with other things..?"

Lizaveta frowned again behind her mask -- this time less angrily, after the lengths that the Queen had gone to, but...

lizavetaneutral.png

"...I still don't want to go. What message does it send, if we operate from the castle of Ceda? What does it mean for what we represent? Would the people in Vini, in Ria, in Gul, in Vaa, in Ulux, those oppressed in Perus feel like we are there to help them? If we move to the castle of the Queen we are in a very real sense operating as part of Ceda. We'd be using their very seat as their base, doing so with the knowledge and in fact outright support of the Queen... that might not be taking orders from her, but it is definitely aligning with her. Can we claim to the world that we're impartial, that we exist for the good of all of Purgus if we do that? And, though... even I have to appreciate the lengths she's gone to... what does it mean that we would be operating from a castle anyway? We're here for people that have fallen through the systems of the kingdoms of Purgus, and those people who aren't powerful enough to protect themselves from tyrants and exploiters. The fact that we're not known to work as part of any powerful person's forces helps show that. ...it's why I took pains to find Virtuous, myself. I didn't feel that anyone that was part of the system could ever truly change it. How many people would we be telling that we've come to be a part of the very thing that keeps them from finding appreciation and liberation?

I won't leave if we go to the castle, but I think it would betray many of the things we stand for and could do."

XT3ACY9.png

"Don't plaster your own specific reasons for joining Virtuous as being everyone's. Not once did I think about protecting only 'the less powerful'. I joined virtuous to change the world for the better for EVERYONE, not for just some peasantry, not for stuck up nobles nor for a specific nation. We're labeled as criminals to a large majority of the public, I doubt that a slight change to that title will make much difference to how people view us. I can't speak for everyone, but I never once considered the thoughts of the others in the world. Whether the world viewed us as aligned to a nation or unaligned it matters not. My focus has always been to make this world a better place. If achieving that means to work with a Queen of a nation, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Her rank in society and what land the Queen is affiliated has NOTHING to do with what she wants to accomplish."

Lizaveta managed to stay calm talking to Baldur this time -- she was experiencing a sudden moment of clarity, and in that moment she felt that what she was arguing was more important than her grudge with him.

lizavetaneutral.png

"If Virtuous didn't want to help those who can't help themselves, neither of the previous two missions that we did would have made sense to do, Orchid. Without getting into the details in front of the Queen... those were things that we did that we wouldn't have done if we were only out to stop war. We may be more than just what I am here for, but we're more than just what you're here for too.

And how do you intend to change the world without the people living in it? If you don't care what they think, if you don't care what we represent to the world, how do you expect it to change? Do you think that we will just come in and fix every problem in the places we go to? We won't be in every piece of society at the same time, and we can't, because society is made of the people in it -- not us, not just the few of us. The world will not change unless the people in it change as well. And unless we show to the world that we're fighting for all of it, that we want to change the world instead of just being a part of the Kingdom of Ceda... then we don't present a message that changes the people. We don't present something that people can believe it, that they can follow, that they can use to come together to change their world. We can't do it ourselves, Orchid. No matter what the queen wants to do, she is still the Queen of Ceda, and that still means something if we announce working with her to the world by staying in her castle. We can't just ignore that meaning."

Lenore has been deep in thought about the marks for a while, her eyes focusing on the Queen's mark, She sighs, after hearing Liza and Baldur speak.

eleanor-mug.png 

"On one hand, this....still doesn't quite convince me. I respect what you did for us. Operating out of the castle of the Cedan monarchy'll make us look like your stooges, and that's arguably worse than being seen as criminals, for you and us. However, Orchid's got a point. We're here for everyone, and to reform the whole edifice. If we cared about our image,

we wouldn't BE criminals. We're not exactly flush on resources, either. 

We need Phoenix to weigh in. I'll trust whatever decision he makes."

2mBTdVm.png

"That's alright, Snowbird. Feel free to keep your distance as long as you need, I'll go handle things."

---

Stella looked a bit crestfallen as Lizaveta talked, though a very keen observer or someone close by might notice she dozes off a couple of times during Lizaveta and Baldur's speeches. However, by the time Lenore finishes, she's awake again.

RDUhDVk.png

"...I know you may not want to be affiliated with me... that's why I'd like to try to keep the operation a secret. I think that's the way you all operate, just being in secret... I haven't even told my husband... and he probably won't ever learn, he never comes out of his room unless he hears important news..." Stella sighs as Kane walks in; she hasn't rolled down her sleeve and Kane clearly notices her crest. "...I know it's unorthodox... so if some of you feel like you can't trust me-"

2mBTdVm.png

"Hold on." Kane speaks up as it looks like Stella is about to relent. "As leader of Virtuous, I'd like to rule that we're going to the castle. If nothing else, just to find what your plan is and how you intend for us to go about it... however, I know some of us are still uncertain..." Kane looks over everyone, particularly Lizaveta. "...so I would like to make sure that everyone is at the very least willing to give it a chance. If not, I'm afraid we run a tight ship here and we don't leave anyone behind."

Stella looks a little relieved, but Albert seems still on edge.

E1B5WBj.png

"Well, yes, I won't tell anyone about this exchange nor if we made an alliance, but good heavens, the strain is quite difficult to bear. At the very least, I've seen that some of you can be good people..."

2ikT3N2.png

She looks at him and then back at the scene transpiring. "Look Ficus I'm going to be honest with you, growing up in a monastery hasn't really done wonders for my social life. So as much as it pains me to admit, I'm stuck in a similar situation to you where I don't know who half these people are, or whatever..." 

She folds her arms and sighs, suddenly something catches her eye and she furrows her brow. 

"Shi- ER, Ficus... Those bruises..? I assume I'm responsible for some of those aren't I." 

Unfortunately, despite her pouring both her heart and her reasoning into what she had to say, Lizaveta watched as Kane came out to contradict her with a ruling. She immediately wilted a bit, looking down and speaking quietly.

lizavetaneutral.png

"I... I won't leave."

Regardless of anything else, after all, it wasn't like she had anywhere else to go but Virtuous, so she couldn't leave. There was no use thinking about if she wanted to,

Although her words conveyed otherwise, Kane still looked somewhat concerned at Lizaveta as she spoke her words. Before he could say anything in response, Albert clapped his hands.

E1B5WBj.png

"Very well! Then we'll be off as soon as possible; gather what you'd like to bring, feel free to bring weapons if that makes you feel safer, and if you have any horses you'd like to bring, let me know and I'll set them up with the rest of the caravan."

Albert moves to Stella as she sleepily gets up.

RDUhDVk.png

"It's such a long walk to the caravan..."

Albert looks a bit flabbergasted as he looks back to Fey, with a sort of 'are you seeing this?' expression on his face. Stella begins to walk out; Arthur holds the door for her before leaving himself, with Albert heading out as well. Kane, however, looks to everyone.

Pbz8cIA.png

"This is... going to be risky and stressful, so please, if at any point you all need to get out of the castle or if you all feel we should leave early, let me know. I'm going to go get the horses. Knight, Dragon, Ficus...Kane adds for emphasis, not in a hostile tone but more as a sort of 'we are not letting you forget him again' sort of tone. "...I'd like to ask your assistance in bringing your mounts out..." As he moves to the back, he stops by Lizaveta and whispers. "I'll also be there if you get uncomfortable, just let me know if you need me to say or do anything." He says something similar when walking by Ferdiad. "If at any point you feel like you need to speak with the queen or myself, just let me know."

Similarly to Kane's usual outings, you all pile into the back of a carriage, only this time Kane and Simeon are also sitting in the back with everyone. Stella also is sitting with everyone... except she's fast asleep with no chance of waking up, seems rides tend to make her sleepy. Conversations don't get a chance to really strike up, as everyone arrives at the castle rather quickly. As the carriage stops, you hear Albert outside telling the guards to go off duty, and let the rest of the guards in the castle know as well, to which the guards respond rather positively. You are all ushered out and able to enter the castle without attracting attention; Stella needing to be shaken awake to get her moving.

You all approach the throne room, Stella sitting on the throne rather comfortably. As expected, King Darcy is nowhere to be seen. Albert clears his throat.

RDUhDVk.png

"Oh, yes... Albert, if you'd please get the book... the, uh... what was it called again...?"

E1B5WBj.png

"No worries, my lady, I'll get the book as quickly as possible."

He leaves, leaving Stella to lounge a little bit on the throne.

RDUhDVk.png

"...There were two thrones out here... but my husband ended up deciding he'd rather sit in his room all the time... I know it's not really that known, but the reason my husband stays in his room all the time is because he doesn't care too much for being king... he just likes the power and wealth. I do most of the work... but, erm... that's why he won't see you all... unless something major happened, he won't come out. The last time he came out was a few months ago-"

Stella looks a bit grim for a second, before looking at the ground with a rather nervous expression.

RDUhDVk.png

"......Um... what's it... like...? Being wanted across the continent...? It sounds exciting, being on the run... I wouldn't know... I don't think I'd be rather suited for it with my sleeping problems... but it sounds like it'd be fun..."

Stella pauses, her nervousness now just turning into plain awkwardness.

"...I shouldn't be having those thoughts, I'm sorry... it's rude of me to act like I have a part to play in all this... really, I can only give opportunities... and I'm sorry if I talk too much, I don't get to be this informal... at all, nowadays..."

ezACjoP.png
"I s-see.. I'm sorry to hear that.." Shin looks away for a brief second before looking back at Tabitha with a ..seemingly reassuring look. "I-if it would help any.. I-I wouldn't mind being getting to know each other and be friends-" he then immediately slaps himself in the face to avoid sounding more like an idiot, accidentally hitting the bruise he got from Tabitha's punch in the first place.

1xs7qUg.png
Shin winces at the pain. "Oh.. t-this..? Ah.. y-yeah. But it's okay..! I don't hold it against you.. I know you must've had your reasons for reacting the way you did.." Shin then places his hand on the bruise. 

FdBwyuh.png
"So.. um.. d-don't worry about it." Before the conversation could continue, Shin heard Kane's call for him and walks away after saying "But um.. for now we should probably get going.."

He walks a distance before a soft "I won't forget Scoopo this time, don't worry.." could be heard.

Edited by Shauntaro

faquppZ.png

"It's perfectly fine, Stella. We want freedom and happiness for everyone in Purgus, after all. If speaking to me as a friend and companion is what you desire, then it would be strange indeed for me to deny you." Justine couldn't deny that her head was still in the clouds; this all felt unreal. She couldn't remember the last time she'd been this excited. Well, excited for this long, anyway; she was a fairly excitable person. "As for your question, truthfully, it can be difficult. Taking pains to hide ourselves from sight, to protect both ourselves and those we hold close to our hearts. . . but our task is a noble one, and I can't imagine many things that would be more fulfilling."

2ikT3N2.png

Before getting a chance to say anything Shin is already walking away. She mutters to herself, "Just let me apologize dammit..." Tabitha sighs and puts her hand on her hip and raises the other gesturing to herself. "As if anyone would want to be friends with someone who lives like that, learn some self respect." She pauses. "As if I'm anyone to talk about that..." She shakes her head and goes to follow the group. 

notnaoise1.0.png

The ride to Ceda Castle doesn't see Ferdiad's mood lift much. In fact, after acknowledging Kane's offer of support with a nod, unreadable behind his mask, he had fallen all but silent as a statue for the remainder of the conversation and the caravan ride.

Anxieties boiled, tempestuous and nauseating, beneath the surface. Nearly every scenario possible crossed his mind — if Bradwr would give him away, if at any moment Stella would see straight through his meager disguise and start a scene in the carriage, if the moment he stepped out of the wagon in the castle town there would be a mob of furious Cedans waiting with torches and iron. It was at least partially paranoia, he knew, and the chances — at least of the latter — were slim, but he couldn't help the fear looming like a summer storm on the horizon, regardless. For once, the mask on his face feels truly like the only barrier between him and certain catastrophe, and it may as well be paper.

He wrangled restlessly with himself, swinging back and forth between a sure conviction that there was a clock above his head counting down to the moment everything would go wrong and that his presence would ruin Virtuous and Ceda irrevocably, and trying feebly to reassure himself that it would work out just fine: a toothpick against a dragon.

If he'd hoped that it was simply the claustrophobia of the carriage, unfortunately the fear only worsens the moment he steps out of the wagon. He's grateful to be standing at the back of the group so no one else can see the way his lip quivers at the crunch of familiar soil under his boots, the angle of the sun behind the south tower, the long patch of lichen crawling up the stone wall beside the gate — all landmarks he would greet with pride each morning. Albert dismisses the guards from their post, guards standing in the same place Ferdiad once stood before he was the one managing and arranging their positions as Albert is now, and he can't bring himself to look for too long.

Everything he sees is sweetness, and for that sweetness it also burns.

He is an ugly blemish that walks in behind Virtuous to the great hall wherein he knows the dusty footprints in the corner where the handmaidens like to cluster and gossip, where precisely the edges of the long carpet have just begun to lose their color, and have they fixed that one handrail where it loosened at the fourth stair step?

He is an imposter in second skin, a sheep hiding among wolves, waiting for them to realize he is prey.

Chapter 2

Dubious Unity

ug2WOrg.png

As Virtuous settles in the castle of Ceda, a strange phenomenon indeed, they still yet wonder if what Queen Stella says is true. Queen Stella has prepared to disclose anything to convince Virtuous of her good intentions.

What is about to happen, however, will ask the question of if Virtuous can truly convince Queen Stella.

Ni1W5lt.png

Stella gives a little giggle at Justine's words, looking a little more relieved.

RDUhDVk.png

"That's good to know... that I have friends here... it does sound like a lifestyle I'd be unable to keep up with, but-"

Before Stella can finish her words, Albert barges into the room, gasping for breath, dread in his eyes.

E1B5WBj.png

"My lady! My lady, invaders! Invaders! They're flying Gul colors!"

Stella stands up faster than you've ever seen her stand up before; it almost felt like she was physically unable of doing so.

RDUhDVk.png

"Gul!? Th-They can't be here now...! What could they possibly want from us!?"

Stella looks panicked, but trying to keep her calm.

RDUhDVk.png

"Rally the troops, we'll defend with everything we can!"

Albert looks pained.

E1B5WBj.png

"I-I sent the troops off early! I-It's going to take me a while before I can get them all up and running! We'll have been had at this rate!"

Stella gives a slight gasp, and puts a hand to her head.

RDUhDVk.png

"It's my fault... sending the troops off early just to clear the way..."

Just as Stella's about to lose hope, Kane steps up with a hint of determination in his face, staring down at her.

Spoiler

UWNaAxC.png

"Queen Stella, allow Virtuous to fend them off while you wait for your troops to get here."

Stella shows alarm on her face initially, before settling down.

RDUhDVk.png

"You... you really will...?"

Arthur lets out a slight 'hmph' in response, pulling his coat on tighter.

8iEEqWS.png

"It's a damn good thing I brought this for the extra cover from the sun, but it's hot as hell wearing it... needless to say, I'm ready."

Kane looks about ready to protest to Arthur, before he sighs and pulls a mask out of his coat and fits it on; befitting his name, a simple crimson-colored mask that fits over half of his face with a barely-noticeable floral pattern.

8iEEqWS.png

"What, you really thought I was gonna forget about this just because I knew Stella? Come on."

Kane sighs and looks forward. Albert looks around and nods vigorously.

E1B5WBj.png

"Very well! I'll go alert the troops; hold them off for a little while for me, I'll try to be quick!"

Stella settles back down in her throne, though she still looks anxious...

TURN 1/12

Objective: Protect Stella for 12 turns!
Alternative Objective: Defeat the boss!

Player Phase

w6WzK3e.png

Stella pauses for a moment, then goes behind the throne. She pulls something out from it; a longbow shimmering with beautiful light. As Stella goes back onto the throne, she whispers a prayer on the bow, then speaks.

RDUhDVk.png

"I'm not entirely hopeless... well, maybe in battle, but... if you feel unsafe, please stay by me. I'll protect you when I can... and I can shoot enemies from afar if they get too close, but I'm afraid I don't have much faith in the rest of my abilities... also, if you find any chests, please feel free to take them... I fear they may have plunderers with them and I'd rather you have the treasures..."

Meanwhile, from afar...

R4B9iJX.png

"Now, men! The time has come to take back what is rightfully ours from Ceda! Hold your positions until I tell you to move up, or if you see the enemy in your sights! Front squad and side squads, prepare to move in!"

EXP: (0/100)

Stats (Enemy Stats)

Spoiler

Players

Kane (HP: 21/21) - Iron Knife (E) (40/40) | Glue Pack (35/35) | Vulnerary x3 | Lockpick x6

Ferdiad (HP: 27/27) - Slim Lance (E) (40/40) | Iron Blade (40/40) | Steel Javelin (35/35) | Vulnerary x3

Shin (HP: 22/22) - Training Bow (E) (40/40) | Iron Longbow (40/40) | Vulnerary x3

Baldur (HP: 17/17) - Tenderizer (E) (40/40) | Heal (30/30) | Shove (30/30) | Vulnerary x1

Lizaveta (HP: 22/22) - Worm (E) (40/40) | Wind (40/40) | Vulnerary x3
Justine (HP: 22/22) - Joyeuse (E) (40/40) | Artemis' Song (30/30) | Vulnerary x3

Cecily (HP: 25/25) - Hatchet (E) (40/40) | Vulnerary x3

Lenore (HP: 19/19) - Iron Knife (E) (40/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Lockpick x5

Tabitha (HP: 16/16) - Heal (30/30) | Vulnerary x3

Mim (HP: 20/20) - Training Bow (E) (40/40) | Steel Greatbow (35/35) | Vulnerary x3

Fey (HP: 24/24) - Hatchet (E) (40/40) | Vulnerary x3

Reiko (HP: 25/25) - Steel Sword (E) (35/35) | Vulnerary x3

Lysander (HP: 21/21) - Wind (E) (40/40) | Vulnerary x3

Arthur (HP: 22/22) - Fire (E) (40/40) | Wind (E) (40/40) | Vulnerary x3

Allies

Stella (Dismounted) (HP: 15/15) - Sloth (E) (--/--) | Mend (25/25) (Target: Cavalier) (Heroic Advance: +3 DEF)

Enemies

Archer A (HP: 22/22) - Iron Longbow (40/40)

Archer B (HP: 22/22) - Iron Longbow (40/40)

Archer C (HP: 22/22) - Iron Longbow (40/40)

Archer D (HP: 22/22) - Iron Longbow (40/40)

Archer E (HP: 22/22) - Iron Longbow (40/40)

Shaman A (HP: 21/21) - Flux (40/40)
Shaman B (HP: 21/21) - Flux (40/40)

Mage A (HP: 21/21) - Fire (40/40)

Mage B (HP: 21/21) - Fire (40/40)

Mage C (HP: 21/21) - Fire (40/40)

Mage D (HP: 21/21) - Fire (40/40)

Monk A (HP: 20/20) - Shine (35/35)

Monk B (HP: 20/20) - Shine (35/35)

Monk C (HP: 20/20) - Shine (35/35)

Soldier A (HP: 24/24) - Iron Javelin (40/40)

Soldier B (HP: 24/24) - Iron Javelin (40/40)

Soldier C (HP: 24/24) - Iron Javelin (40/40)

Soldier D (HP: 24/24) - Iron Javelin (40/40)

Soldier E (HP: 24/24) - Iron Javelin (40/40)

Knight A (HP: 23/23) - Iron Blade (40/40)

Knight B (HP: 23/23) - Iron Blade (40/40)

Knight C (HP: 23/23) - Iron Blade (40/40)

Knight D (HP: 23/23) - Iron Blade (40/40)

Knight E (HP: 23/23) - Iron Blade (40/40)

Myrmidon A (HP: 21/21) - Iron Rapier (40/40)

Myrmidon B (HP: 21/21) - Iron Rapier (40/40)

Myrmidon C (HP: 21/21) - Iron Rapier (40/40)

Cavalier A (HP: 22/22) - Iron Lance (E) (40/40) | Iron Sword (40/40)

Cavalier B (HP: 22/22) - Iron Lance (E) (40/40) | Iron Sword (40/40)

Cavalier C (HP: 22/22) - Iron Lance (E) (40/40) | Iron Sword (40/40)

Axe Cavalier A (HP: 22/22) - Iron Lance (E) (40/40) | Iron Axe (40/40)

Axe Cavalier B (HP: 22/22) - Iron Lance (E) (40/40) | Iron Axe (40/40)
Axe Cavalier C (HP: 22/22) - Iron Lance (E) (40/40) | Iron Axe (40/40)

Thief A (HP: 20/20) - Iron Knife (40/40) | Lockpick x3

Thief B (HP: 20/20) - Iron Knife (40/40) | Lockpick x3

Thief C (HP: 20/20) - Iron Knife (40/40) | Lockpick x3

Thief D (HP: 20/20) - Iron Knife (40/40) | Lockpick x3

Pirate (HP: 25/25) - Poison Hand (E) (35/35) | Hand Axe (40/40) (Dropped) | Vulnerary x3

Wyvern Rider (HP: 25/25) - Steel Halberd (E) (35/35) | Vulnerary x3

Hulbert (HP: 24/24) - Steel Blade (E) (35/35) | Steel Javelin (35/35) | Heavy Lance (35/35) (Dropped)

The moment he hears the word 'invaders', Ferdiad snaps immediately to attention. The nervousness of his situation, though still present, falls to the wayside like a discarded item, eclipsed by the sudden shock of being jarred back into the present. In the span of a split-second, he instinctively scans the area for its entrances and exits, remembers that he knows this castle like the back of his own hand, and opens his mouth to call out orders to imagined subordinates—

ferdiad_frown_talking.png

"A—"

—And then immediately shuts it again. That's not his place anymore. That's right.

His gaze flicks to Albert in urgent assessment: does he know how to guard Castle Ceda? Does he know its weak points, its places of best fortification, where to exercise extra caution and where to hold the enemy? With Gul at their doorstep... he turns when Stella speaks, eyes falling to the bow in her hands. She...

Sloth...

Heart hammering — now with the adrenaline of battle, this time to defend what is most important — he unhoists his spear from Bradwr's saddle and turns, moving swiftly over to Kane and speaking to him so no one else can hear. The resolve from earlier has returned to his voice, wiping away any trace of vulnerability. 

ferdiad_frown_talking.png

"Phoenix. I must be honest with you. You and Virtuous are irreplaceable to me, but this castle — Her Majesty — is my home. If it should come down to it, my first priority will be to defend Her Majesty with my life. Please understand." Without waiting for an answer, he pulls himself onto Bradwr's back, voice echoing with rousing fire.

ferdiad_talk_frown.png

"Virtuous, form rank! Allies both new and old, let us show these invaders our united strength!"

M9, Equip Steel Jav.

Yo0Wvkg.png

"♪A star in the night, and a bearer of hope, he rides into glorious battle not alone, along with the valiant warlord~♪" Justine sung as she followed Ferdiad's rally, moving forth at his call to arms.

I5 and perform Baldur and Shin once they move

XT3ACY9.png

"Phoenix, Crimson, come with me. We're going to secure the treasure and possibly gank our assailants." The butler spoke helping drag along crimson with his magic

Crimson move to G5

Baldur move to H5 and shove Crimson to F5

Baldur move to D6, Shove Crimson to E5

Lizaveta kept silent about it, but to tell the truth, she was feeling somewhat demoralized. There was a fire in Ferdiad's eyes, and she could tell that he was practically a man possessed, a man whose reason to be in this moment aligned perfectly with his situation. That was a man at the zenith of what he believed in, of who he was, and as she watched him Lizaveta could only note that he practically shone for it, like the sun.

But not her.

Lizaveta didn't really know why she was here -- defending royalty, from the attacks of other royalty. Did it really matter? There would always be royalty warring against royalty. All she was doing right now was just keeping a queen in power. This wasn't why she had spent what little she had left to wander across the world to search for Virtuous. Was this what they would do, from here on out? Just defend monarchs from each other? It was what Baldur seemed to want to do, at least.

lizavetaneutral.png

"..."

M7

Mim glanced over at Liz, noting her downcast aura and general silence. Reaching out, she gently squeezed her shoulder, and whispered,

LNPvo8P.png

"Hey. It's ok. I don't like this whole situation either, but sometimes you need to do things you don't like to achieve your final goal. Stay strong, ok?"

Lysander.png

Lysander put on his mask, and adjusted his gloves. The whole thing seemed off to him, like there might be some more complicated play. But he kept his lips shut tight, and his tome in hand's reach. "Right, let's have a go at it."

Move to N7