Poison Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

6 hours ago, Jess said:

I disliked Victoria till the end of E15 content. Then, in E16, BANG! She became confident, determined, vicious, but not to the point of pointless cruelty and gore, such as Titania. And fuelled by her will to avenge her sensei, Kiki. I love Victoria's new polished personality, because it shows how characters develop through hardships.

While I can understand your reasoning, I still don't like her character much and still think it's a heavily clichéd. Vengeance is nothing new in a character.

On the other hand, I absolutely love Titania's character. She is indeed vicious and it is indeed wrong to kill harmless Meteor grunts (well, not totally harmless), I'm interested in the way her character is developed. She likes Amaria, but not in that way, and she is willing to go over the top just to rescue her. (She even jumped down a fucking waterfall, jesus) this is all the more interesting because beneath the facade (eyyy) of a ruthless, cold-hearted individual there is actually someone who cares about another person, which I find admirable.

This heavily contrasts Victoria, while she's a good person as well, I'm always super annoyed when I see her face around, whining "Oh I'm not good enough, why" "what are we gonna do" I don't really dislike her but she's just so bland as a character, lol

6 hours ago, Jess said:

Shelly shows similar signs during the climb of Ametrine mountain, after reconciling with Cal.

Fern is a fern, you said everything with that. xD

I'm eager to see Victoria and Cal's "reunion" in the next episodes... Oh, boy, this will be intense!

Shelly does turn out to be more involved than I expected, I'll give her that. I don't like or dislike her particularly, but when I play I always try to imagine her as a real person and try to get the best reps with her.

Victoria and Cal will go to the daycare have babies, period. Jk

And I agree! I'm super excited for the next episode, more so about us and Lin's seemingly incredibly gory death (foreshadowed in Shade's gym) than someone like Victoria, lol. Heck, I'm more interested in Fernando than Victoria 

PS: Fern is a new insult from now on. Anytime we come across something despicable, we use the adjective "fern" for it ;)

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHAPTER 7: Volcano or beach?

In the previous Chapter, we managed to defeat Shade and get our fourth Gym badge! So, this time it was the time to follow Cain to Apophyll beach where he didn't go attempted to go to get Strength from Kiki. But, we can't surf on poisonous Azurine Lake, because our Muk isn't as skilled as Cain's for some reason... So, we follow Amaria, who happens to need our help, and raid Blacksteam Factory! In the process, we get help from Jigglypuffs, Abras, Roggenrollas, Cyndaquils and Vanillites, we defeat Meteors, we get our a$$ saved from Solaris' Garchomp by Amaria and her Kingdra, and we defeat ZEL and his PULSE Muk, stopping the pollution from oozing into the Lake. In the meantime, Colcheum had evolved into a mighty Nidoking, so this whole raid was super easy!

VS ZE(PULSE MUK SPECIAL)

Spoiler

Amaria gets Superpowered by Solaris' Tyranitar, but only gets winded, being still functional, as Florinia would say. She gives us her boat (and warehouse's) key, and departs for Fiore Mansion!

And we thank her and depart to Apophyll, where we meet Kiki, the Sensei and Mistress of Zen, and Victoria, our rival and Mistress of ruining my Zen. Apparently we will need to prove our worth twice, first by climbing up Pyrous Mountain, draining Lava by murdering Magcargos and defeating Cal, and then by defeating Kiki as well. So, after a bit of exploring and grinding my squad against all the fighters of this beach (and some Grimer fishermen, who apparently plead for a Magikarp, just like all of us since it got axed) the climb started...

Warning: The next video includes unimportant grinding and Apophyll exploring. If you suffer by insomnia or you are just masochists, feel free to watch it, and enjoy. Trust me, it will put you to bed in milliseconds!:D If not, then keep reading below that!

Spoiler

After a long climb (and getting a bit lost), we got to the summit, where Cal was plotting meditating and wondering where he should put his lethal PULSE Camerupt. He seemed a bit weird, guilty and full of remorse on the one hand, but still bitter about being a "sloppy second" after his brother, Blake. But we had to defeat him. I always liked Cal's character and how he end up behaving and redeeming himself, but he is still in his "a$$hole" section of the game. After defeating him (quite easily, since it was -like always- raining), we headed back down, rejoined Kiki and Vicky, Vicky tried to stop us from fighting Kiki because of the latter's critical health condition, and, long story short, we defeated them both, one after the other.

VS CAL/VICTORIA/KIKI

The team I used to face Kiki, which was this chapter's big battle, was:

Spoiler

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: None)

Docile/Intimidate

• Sucker Punch
  • Acid Spray
  • Crunch
  • Glare

venusaur.gif

Narcissus, the Venusaur (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: Rose Incense)

Hardy/Chlorophyll

• Petal Dance
  • Nature Power
  • Leech Seed
  • Sleep Powder

nidoking.gif

Colcheum, the Nidoking (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: None)

Brave/Sheer Force

• Double Kick
  • Earth Power
  • Poison Jab
  • Focus Energy

tentacruel.gif

Charybdis, the Tentacruel (Male)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Sea Incense)

Relaxed/Liquid Ooze

• Acid Spray
  • Water Pulse
  • Barrier
  • Toxic Spikes

skuntank.gif

Hemera, the Skuntank (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Metronome)

Hasty/Aftermath

• Rock Smash
  • Flame Burst
  • Play Rough
  • Acid Spray

muk.gif

Medea, the Muk (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Iron Ball)

Timid/Sticky Hold

• Mud Bomb
  • Gunk Shot
  • Minimize
  • Fling

And, we skyrocket into the coverage of the battles! :D 

Spoiler

Eventually, we defeat Kiki, but she collapses before handing us our Badge and our TMX Strength. Victoria and Kiki argues, as Kiki won't accept her illness easily, and Victoria tells us to go save Cain, who probably got fucked up and is abducted by Team Meteor at Azurine Island, as she concludes by logical deductions...

So, this is what we will do...

In the next installment of my poooiiiisonous run! :) 

Till the next time, enjoy everyone! :);) 

Edited by Jess

I'm a crazy person so i watched your video about grinding and explore the city, and honestly i didn't get bored watching the video, for real :).

Another good battle Jess, i really liked your tactic of paralyzing Kiki's mons, so many cheers for you :D 

Jess, have you already EV trained your mons? If so, with or without the help of power items? Because if you've done so without, that literally takes ages... Must have been boring as hell

Edited by HongaarseBeer

10 hours ago, LykosHand said:

I'm a crazy person so i watched your video about grinding and explore the city, and honestly i didn't get bored watching the video, for real :).

Another good battle Jess, i really liked your tactic of paralyzing Kiki's mons, so many cheers for you :D 

Thanks my dear neighbour! :) I'm glad you find videos interesting! And yes, Machamp's No Guard is annoying, so I wanted these parahacks!

9 hours ago, EndearingCharacterTrait said:

Looks like Kiki doesn't understand how Strength works on her own field. Fancy that.

Indeed, I was like "why the hell you keep trying this, it didn't work the first time". Essentially, Strength in Kiki's field becomes a Psychic/Fighting type attack, which works same as Flying Press (Fighting/Flying). So, Dark types and Ghost types are both immune to it. But even if Kiki wasn't stubbornly trying to Strength my Skuntank, she could only Meditate, Sucker Punch (not very effective) or Poison Jab (not very effective) my Skuntank. So, unless she meditated twice to get Attack to +6, these Attacks wouldn't scratch my skunk. And if she did, then Play Rough would've still taken it out, or to red and making her heal. And it had Metronome ;) Was a perfect matchup for me!

1 hour ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Jess, have you already EV trained your mons? If so, with or without the help of power items? Because if you've done so without, that literally takes ages... Must have been boring as hell

I have, yes, but only as soon as I accessed the 4th level of Department Store, where the power items reside. I don't hate myself THAT much to do it without these, LOL.

Small question, in Rejuvenation, do power items exist? And, if yes, are they accessible early enough? Because I will absolutely need EV training for a Bug monorun and, if they don't exist I am going to get someone to hack them in my file, or I'll literally get suicidal. Slaying 252 Hoothoots to EV train 1 MON in HP... NOPE!

35 minutes ago, Jess said:

Thanks my dear neighbour! :) I'm glad you find videos interesting! And yes, Machamp's No Guard is annoying, so I wanted these parahacks!

You're welcome :D. Eheh i fully agree with you ;) 

47 minutes ago, Jess said:

Small question, in Rejuvenation, do power items exist? And, if yes, are they accessible early enough? Because I will absolutely need EV training for a Bug monorun and, if they don't exist I am going to get someone to hack them in my file, or I'll literally get suicidal. Slaying 252 Hoothoots to EV train 1 MON in HP... NOPE!

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question. You could try and search the Rejuvenation subforums for an answer, or just open a new topic

2 hours ago, Jess said:

Indeed, I was like "why the hell you keep trying this, it didn't work the first time". Essentially, Strength in Kiki's field becomes a Psychic/Fighting type attack, which works same as Flying Press (Fighting/Flying). So, Dark types and Ghost types are both immune to it. But even if Kiki wasn't stubbornly trying to Strength my Skuntank, she could only Meditate, Sucker Punch (not very effective) or Poison Jab (not very effective) my Skuntank. So, unless she meditated twice to get Attack to +6, these Attacks wouldn't scratch my skunk. And if she did, then Play Rough would've still taken it out, or to red and making her heal. And it had Metronome ;) Was a perfect matchup for me!

I have, yes, but only as soon as I accessed the 4th level of Department Store, where the power items reside. I don't hate myself THAT much to do it without these, LOL.

Sorry to disappoint, but i'm p sure power items aren't accessibl untill you reach GDC and thats after the 10th badge iirc

6 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

Sorry to disappoint, but i'm p sure power items aren't accessibl untill you reach GDC and thats after the 10th badge iirc

Well, that's useful... :( 

I know there are EV training rooms that you can unlock, but this doesn't make it any better if you have to slay Johto's entire Hoothoot population ONLY to give full HP EVs to 1 pokemon... I will create a topic when I start in Rejuvenation forums and ask for someone to hack the power items in my save file... Because for a monotype, you need A LOT of mons, and if I have to EV train them all point by point, it just kills all the fun...

Edited by Jess

50 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

So your first Rejuv run will be a monorun? Brave.

Yes, I'm thinking of taking my Bugs for a walk on Aevium too... I'll start at Intense and if it's too hard, I might step it down a bit.

56 minutes ago, Jess said:

Well, that's useful... :( 

I know there are EV training rooms that you can unlock, but this doesn't make it any better if you have to slay Johto's entire Hoothoot population ONLY to give full HP EVs to 1 pokemon... I will create a topic when I start in Rejuvenation forums and ask for someone to hack the power items in my save file... Because for a monotype, you need A LOT of mons, and if I have to EV train them all point by point, it just kills all the fun...

Whenever you're starting your mono ask Njab, and as soon as he gets free time he'll hack some power items, and destiny knots for you, also Damn i tried Ev training a Morellul in HP took me at least 2 hours to get 100 exp

Just now, Another Retired Shipper said:

Whenever you're starting your mono ask Njab, and as soon as he gets free time he'll hack some power items, and destiny knots for you, also Damn i tried Ev training a Morellul in HP took me at least 2 hours to get 100 exp

I bet that the fact you have to kill Hoothoots with Mega Drain doesn't help a lot... xD

Just now, Jess said:

I bet that the fact you have to kill Hoothoots with Mega Drain doesn't help a lot... xD

actually morellul was level 40 when i ev trained it and hoothoots were level 1-4 :>

Just now, Another Retired Shipper said:

actually morellul was level 40 when i ev trained it and hoothoots were level 1-4 :>

Thank God! But still, EV training point by point is like a Medieval torture that was updated to fit the year 2017.

Just now, Jess said:

Thank God! But still, EV training point by point is like a Medieval torture that was updated to fit the year 2017.

Lol, true Its a modern way of torture

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

CHAPTER 8: Dragonslayers and Poison overload!

First of all, sorry everyone for taking me a few days to update! I recorded a lot, but didn't have the time to type the update :(. That's why things got a bit swamped. Or maybe because we now had to visit Azurine Island, which techically IS a swamp. So, after Victoria instructs us to go find Cain at Azurine Island, we decide to do so! After struggling a while to find the correct path on the Swamp field, trying to get items that are Foongus (my nerves...) and jumping on lilypads (we are so light :)) we eventually find a building that apparently serves as a Team Meteor hideout! There, we find Aster and Eclipse, who think that they can defeat us because "we are now outnumbered". Alright, alright, I fight them! And they go down relatively easily. And so does Taka afterwards, even though he resisted quite a bit. I think Chatter should be deleted from the Pokemon moves directory and never be used again. 

Anyways, here's our swamped adventures!

VS TAKA (Bonus: VS ASTER & ECLIPSE)

Spoiler

With Cain rescued and Taka leaking us information about the PULSE Camerupt they are going to set up at Pyrous Mountain, we return (at last, with Cain), to Apophyll Academy. Kiki sends us and Cain to put a halt on Meteor plans. Victoria proves her pre-E16 uselessness, by insisting t stay and take care of Kiki, willing to do nothing to fight Team Meteor. But Kiki, being a worthy leader, kicks her out, sending Victoria to help us. So, we team up with Vicky and start climbing (again) Pyrous Mountain, and beating a few grunts!

Spoiler

This turned out to be piece of cake. But the hard part was coming. We have to defeat Solaris' Garchomp now. And I don't possess some Counter Pokemon to equip it with Focus Sash and cheese it like there is no tomorrow... So, we had to soft reset for the life of us find a way to cripple it down and then defeat it slowly! No foreplay, no spoilers, just straight to the fight! By the way, the following video includes ALL the tries it took me to defeat Solaris. Not too bad! ;)

VS SOLARIS (Bonus: VS CAIN)

Spoiler

Solaris was now down as well, Cal betrays us, murders Kiki's Medicham, then Garchomp (the nickname of which must be Lazarus, because it just fainted) decapitates Kiki, Cal has a change of heart and destroys PULSE Camerupt with Blast Burn from a Magmortar (!) and Team Meteor flees, with their operation ultimately failing. We get TMX Strength, but not our Badge, by Victoria, and set off to Byxbysion Wasteland's Gate, together with Cain, so that he opens it for us. Except, he won't without a battle. We defeat him easily, and (after getting utterly lost in Byxbysion) we find our way to the Hideout, where Aya's Gym is. Fern has broken his monotype to defeat her, which is pathetic, but he boasts about it, for some weird reason. Then, he challenges me. And he gets destroyed too. Then Aya gets destroyed too, which boosts her depression issues.

VS AYA (Bonus: VS FERN)

The team used vs Aya was:

Spoiler

tentacruel.gif

Relaxed/Liquid Ooze

• Acid Spray
  • Water Pulse
  • Hex
  • Toxic Spikes

victreebel.gif

Dryad, the Victreebel (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Rose Incense)

Lonely/Gluttony

• Acid
  • Razor Leaf
  • Knock Off
  • Nature Power

nidoking.gif

Shiny: No (Item: Black Sludge)

Brave/Sheer Force

• Double Kick
  • Earth Power
  • Poison Jab
  • Focus Energy

garbodor.gif

Typhon, the Garbodor (Male)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Black Sludge)

Jolly/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Toxic
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Toxic Spikes

arbok.gif

Docile/Intimidate

• Sucker Punch
  • Acid Spray
  • Crunch
  • Glare

weezing.gif

Nemesis, the Weezing (Female)

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Gyro Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Explosion

And, without further ado, we go straight to the video coverage of the battle!

Spoiler

By defeating Aya (who is consoled by Hardy ;)), we make wonderful things happen. Apart from the fact that we make Fern leave with a displeased look on his face, like he drank a bottle of vinegar at once, we receive our 5th Gym Badge (the Venom Badge), raise level cap to Lv.50, enables Strength outside of battle (good Lord, this took FOREVER!) and we also receive TM for Sludge Wave, which is magnificent!

Now, we can go and invade Yureyu Building after moving away all the mess Cain made ;) debris Cain's Nidoking created to prevent getting captured by Team Meteor in the Underground Railnet.

Cain will be waiting for me.

And he will keep waiting, until the next chapter of my poooiiiisonous run! 

Till that time, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

6 minutes ago, Jess said:

CHAPTER 8: Dragonslayers and Poison overload!

First of all, sorry everyone for taking me a few days to update! I recorded a lot, but didn't have the time to type the update :(. That's why things got a bit swamped. Or maybe because we now had to visit Azurine Island, which techically IS a swamp. So, after Victoria instructs us to go find Cain at Azurine Island, we decide to do so! After struggling a while to find the correct path on the Swamp field, trying to get items that are Foongus (my nerves...) and jumping on lilypads (we are so light :)) we eventually find a building that apparently serves as a Team Meteor hideout! There, we find Aster and Eclipse, who think that they can defeat us because "we are now outnumbered". Alright, alright, I fight them! And they go down relatively easily. And so does Taka afterwards, even though he resisted quite a bit. I think Chatter should be deleted from the Pokemon moves directory and never be used again. 

Anyways, here's our swamped adventures!

VS TAKA (Bonus: VS ASTER & ECLIPSE)

Hide contents

With Cain rescued and Taka leaking us information about the PULSE Camerupt they are going to set up at Pyrous Mountain, we return (at last, with Cain), to Apophyll Academy. Kiki sends us and Cain to put a halt on Meteor plans. Victoria proves her pre-E16 uselessness, by insisting t stay and take care of Kiki, willing to do nothing to fight Team Meteor. But Kiki, being a worthy leader, kicks her out, sending Victoria to help us. So, we team up with Vicky and start climbing (again) Pyrous Mountain, and beating a few grunts!

Hide contents

This turned out to be piece of cake. But the hard part was coming. We have to defeat Solaris' Garchomp now. And I don't possess some Counter Pokemon to equip it with Focus Sash and cheese it like there is no tomorrow... So, we had to soft reset for the life of us find a way to cripple it down and then defeat it slowly! No foreplay, no spoilers, just straight to the fight! By the way, the following video includes ALL the tries it took me to defeat Solaris. Not too bad! ;)

VS SOLARIS (Bonus: VS CAIN)

Hide contents

Solaris was now down as well, Cal betrays us, murders Kiki's Medicham, then Garchomp (the nickname of which must be Lazarus, because it just fainted) decapitates Kiki, Cal has a change of heart and destroys PULSE Camerupt with Blast Burn from a Magmortar (!) and Team Meteor flees, with their operation ultimately failing. We get TMX Strength, but not our Badge, by Victoria, and set off to Byxbysion Wasteland's Gate, together with Cain, so that he opens it for us. Except, he won't without a battle. We defeat him easily, and (after getting utterly lost in Byxbysion) we find our way to the Hideout, where Aya's Gym is. Fern has broken his monotype to defeat her, which is pathetic, but he boasts about it, for some weird reason. Then, he challenges me. And he gets destroyed too. Then Aya gets destroyed too, which boosts her depression issues.

VS AYA (Bonus: VS FERN)

The team used vs Aya was:

Hide contents

tentacruel.gif

Relaxed/Liquid Ooze

• Acid Spray
  • Water Pulse
  • Hex
  • Toxic Spikes

victreebel.gif

Dryad, the Victreebel (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Rose Incense)

Lonely/Gluttony

• Acid
  • Razor Leaf
  • Knock Off
  • Nature Power

nidoking.gif

Brave/Sheer Force

• Double Kick
  • Earth Power
  • Poison Jab
  • Focus Energy

garbodor.gif

Typhon, the Garbodor (Male)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Black Sludge)

Jolly/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Toxic
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Toxic Spikes

arbok.gif

Docile/Intimidate

• Sucker Punch
  • Acid Spray
  • Crunch
  • Glare

weezing.gif

Nemesis, the Weezing (Female)

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Gyro Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Explosion

And, without further ado, we go straight to the video coverage of the battle!

Reveal hidden contents

By defeating Aya (who is consoled by Hardy ;)), we make wonderful things happen. Apart from the fact that we make Fern leave with a displeased look on his face, like he drank a bottle of vinegar at once, we receive our 5th Gym Badge (the Venom Badge), raise level cap to Lv.50, enables Strength outside of battle (good Lord, this took FOREVER!) and we also receive TM for Sludge Wave, which is magnificent!

Now, we can go and invade Yureyu Building after moving away all the mess Cain made ;) debris Cain's Nidoking created to prevent getting captured by Team Meteor in the Underground Railnet.

Cain will be waiting for me.

And he will keep waiting, until the next chapter of my poooiiiisonous run! 

Till that time, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Nice job! Well done! :D Btw, Cain still got captured by Team meteor which still makes me laugh. XD

3 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Nice job! Well done! :D Btw, Cain still got captured by Team meteor which still makes me laugh. XD

Thanks @Awesome_One!:) LOL, true! And the worse part is that Taka and Aster/Eclipse got him, while we, as Main Character take them out one after the other! (well, with some healing in between, but oh well :D)

@HongaarseBeer Haha, you had been waiting eagerly for this, hadn't you! :D

Edited by Jess

1 minute ago, Jess said:

LOL, true! And the worse part is that Taka and Aster/Eclipse got him, while we, as Main Character take them out one after the other! (well, with some healing in between, but oh well :D)

Well I mean they probably took him from behind while he wasn't paying attention. And yes. I so said that intentionally.

32 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Well I mean they probably took him from behind while he wasn't paying attention. And yes. I so said that intentionally.

The innuendos are becoming very real here! :D 

48 minutes ago, Jess said:

@HongaarseBeer Haha, you had been waiting eagerly for this, hadn't you! :D

Yes, I really was. I always enjoy watching the videos, so I was happy you uploaded a new one :) 

Also, what is an Air Balloon for? What's its purpose?