HaiGengar

I'm going to train a Fairy Pokémon to have in my rotation, but I'm a bit indecisive about which one I want. I've never been the biggest fan of the Fairy type, but I'm leaning between Mawile, Sylveon, and Gardevoir. Any comments or suggestions? Pros & cons? Am I overlooking the best one in your opinion?

I think you can get Flabebe at some point, so Florges is an option as well.

And barring mega evolutions (which aren't available yet, right?) I don't see Mawile doing a whole lot. Apart from its part steel typing and barring movepools (since I don't know them), the only reason I can see to use it over the others is if you really want something physically offensive/defensive. Base 85 attack and 50 HP/85 defense aren't that great, but it does get intimidate so that's something. I don't see it standing up to even neutral special attacks from the bosses/gym leaders, though.

Then again, Emolga is still useful for me after seven badges, so it's your call.

Different story if you're willing to wait for mega evolutions to become available and don't mind not having a powerful pokemon until then, but otherwise I think it's pretty outclassed, at least on paper.

Then again, I've only actually used sylveon, so definitely take whatever I say with a grain of salt. This is just my impression from looking at them.

Edited by coralchu

Mawile isn't good without its Mega Stone. Sylveon is good, but in Reborn I don't think it can learn Hyper Voice, and in order to make it useful you would have to breed. Gardevoir is good because it learns good moves through level up like Psychic, Calm Mind, and Moonblast. In my opinion however, Azumarril is the best fairy type because it has one of the highest attack stats in the game and it gets good moves through level up like Aqua Tail, Superpower, and Play Rough.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines as you on Mawile. I think I just didn't want to rule it out- I think it's super creepy and awesome. But the stats had me shaking my head.

It'll be Sylveon or Gardevoir in the end.

• Administrators

In my experience Mawile is surprisingly not terrible in this game. Ika was using one for a while (and I stole his save so so was I) and it definitely seemed to hold its own.

Not that it's necessarily better than the others, but I wouldn't count it out entirely.

I can attest from personal experience that Mawile is a fantastic pokemon for in game. Ame's got the right of it. What you really want to do is get one with sheer force, that'll boost the power of both play rough and iron head. Certainly not the best option for a fairy but don't listen to all of the people telling you it's bad, because the truth of the matter is that it isn't.

As for what is really good? Gardevoir, Sylveon and Azumarill hands down. I think Gardevoir's level up movepool is better, but Sylveon just has more raw power.

Personally I've used only one fairy type in game of Pokemon Reborn, but in terms of stalling hands down it is Carbink. Its defense,special defense and health make it a beast wall in my opinion.

But between Gardevoir or Sylveon I'd prefer to use Gardevoir. Not because Radomus wrecked me with it.

I was wondering about your Arcanine and Manectric, basically, because if they're more on the physical side, I'd suggest a special attacker, whereas if they're more on the special side, I'd suggest a physical attacker. You know, to complement what you are missing.

In general terms: Azumarill has never disappointed me, nice power (Huge Power obviously), nice bulk, versatile movepool (you can get Azurill level 23 for Bounce, then common-candy Marill down for Aqua Tail.) Gardevoir has Calm Mind and Psychic by level up. She's reasonably fast and very strong on the special side. I'd just avoid putting her up against physical attackers who are faster than her. OK, these are the only two I've used. Whatever you pick, good luck.

Personally I've used only one fairy type in game of Pokemon Reborn, but in terms of stalling hands down it is Carbink. Its defense,special defense and health make it a beast wall in my opinion.

But between Gardevoir or Sylveon I'd prefer to use Gardevoir. Not because Radomus wrecked me with it.

And that's why Hounchkrow is on my team. It can deal heavy damage and be death fodder at the same time. As for strongest fairy, Whimsicott for me. I use one PO which I call LotT (Lord of the Trolls). I'm so sad he's been removed from Reborn because I tend to use a Leech Seed strategy.

Edited by commander218

it depend if your team is offensive or defensive if offensive choose gardevoir if defensive choose sylveon hope this helps

You had a triple post on this page so I've removed the others as they were duplicates of this one.
Try not to do this in the future, okay? ~ B. Guardian