PO Server, Reborn

• Administrators

That pun is never going to die.

But speaking of things that do die, the old server. And as such, we have a new one. Nyu is not dead and gone, but he will no longer be hosting us. Instead, we have a snazzy new server on our own VPS.

It looks like not everything is 100% working just yet (looking at you, Tiers and /d's) so some restarts might be required here and there as we get settled. Additionally, there is a threat that resource usage between the site, forum and server will cause issues, but I'm not afraid to upgrade our hosting plan if I need to, and Digital Ocean is great so that's actually super easy. In all, don't worry about it.

The Advance Connect for our new server is 107.170.184.153

We also have one more new feature coming with our new server, but I'm going to wait just a couple days to make sure everything's in good shape before I put that one up....

In other news, we have a couple promotions to mention:

Fezzdog is coming onto the server as new mod, and Blind Guardian is following up as a new forum mod for the Reborn section. Congrats to both of them, and personal thanks from myself.

Additionally, I've created a new forum to help organize the Reborn Troubleshooting section. ... That is, the new section is actually called Troubleshooting and the old section that was Troubleshooting before has been renamed to Bug Reporting. The distinction here is that the Bug Report forum should be for errors in the game, and Troubleshooting is for errors in one individual's save file. Please keep this in mind when posting new topics!

Thanks everyone, and have a slightly-turquoise-with-cerulean-plaid day!

• Upvote 6

Ame of course you would tease us by saying there's a new feature and not telling us what it is...

Congrats to Fezzdog though, this will be interesting. fingers crossed for smell-related auth activities