Speculation on Episode 13's Spoiler

Rosesong

• Support Squad

I know lol. As I said, beating the meteors and stopping them from doing an extremely huge catastrophe + passing through the victory road + beating the E4 and Champion no matter how hard they are. I don't know about you but I think that could all easily fit into one episode.

Plus it's the last one (I'm assuming) besides the aftergame and I feel like it should be special since we're gonna feel sad and nostalgic once the story is over ):

'Tis not the time nor place for such melancholy thoughts.

As for the E4, expect full competitive standard monoteams, the likes of which may have legit been used in the True Reborn League.

Furthermore, anything can change at the drop of a hat, so don't pin all those hopes on next episode containing your favourite mon

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's been said, and I still doubt it highly. Here's why. All leaders, as most of us know, are based off of people in real life, and the events that happened to them while they were at PO. Amaria is still alive; however; she does suffer from memory loss. I believe that when she jumps/Titania pushes she'll lose her memory possibly.

...But they're still characters. Just because they're based off people doesn't mean their story has to reflect a real person's, that's silly.

But if the real person suffers from memory loss, then I suppose that's more plausible. I still see no reason as to why that event would be captured in Shade's gym, since other characters seem to suffer from memory loss as well. 3/4 of the depictions in Shade's gym are deaths (2 confirmed, the other pretty obvious).

So, Amaria dying is the most likely outcome.

• Administrators

For the release time, August was my goal, but I don't know if that's going to happen since I'm suddenly having to work almost 70 hours a week at my job.

...But they're still characters. Just because they're based off people doesn't mean their story has to reflect a real person's, that's silly.

But if the real person suffers from memory loss, then I suppose that's more plausible. I still see no reason as to why that event would be captured in Shade's gym, since other characters seem to suffer from memory loss as well. 3/4 of the depictions in Shade's gym are deaths (2 confirmed, the other pretty obvious).

So, Amaria dying is the most likely outcome.

Some events that happen in this game revolve around real life events with certain characters. I believe Kiki died from some sort of condition and I don't quite remember the details for Corey.

Water could break her fall if deep enough or a pokemon could save but she won't die considering Ame has placed certain things that have occured between gym leaders into the storyline.

However, there was another death and if you're saying that 3/4 of the depictions in Shade's gym are deaths (obviously we know 3 of them clearly) I believe it was Lin whom was in the other depiction and that seems plausible that she dies since she is Team Meteors Boss and there are a few people that would want her dead but I can only guess Saphira for now since of what happened at Tanzan mountain.

It's not silly to have a story that involves real life events of those certain people since it adds extra personality to the game. Besides those who participated in the League will remember some of the events and what Ame said about it too. Wouldn't you rather have characters with a set sort of personality and a storyline based on real life instead of a completely made up character that you can tell the forced storylines and personality at times?

In the end of the day,if you use a real life person to be a base of a character, design and teams can be created later since you can use their real life storylines and personalities essentially the hardest bit to come up with is done then you don't need real life designs of the people since it's gonna be too similar you can use personalities and team typing for designs and pretty much the same for teams. You will need to obviously make up the storyline should either of the two scenarios happen:

The person wishes not to allow the events you want into the game

OR

You wish to make up the storyline on your own

An opinions an opinion so it doesn't really matter I suppose since everyone has their own perspective.

Some events that happen in this game revolve around real life events with certain characters. I believe Kiki died from some sort of condition and I don't quite remember the details for Corey.

Water could break her fall if deep enough or a pokemon could save but she won't die considering Ame has placed certain things that have occured between gym leaders into the storyline.

However, there was another death and if you're saying that 3/4 of the depictions in Shade's gym are deaths (obviously we know 3 of them clearly) I believe it was Lin whom was in the other depiction and that seems plausible that she dies since she is Team Meteors Boss and there are a few people that would want her dead but I can only guess Saphira for now since of what happened at Tanzan mountain.

It's not silly to have a story that involves real life events of those certain people since it adds extra personality to the game. Besides those who participated in the League will remember some of the events and what Ame said about it too. Wouldn't you rather have characters with a set sort of personality and a storyline based on real life instead of a completely made up character that you can tell the forced storylines and personality at times?

In the end of the day,if you use a real life person to be a base of a character, design and teams can be created later since you can use their real life storylines and personalities essentially the hardest bit to come up with is done then you don't need real life designs of the people since it's gonna be too similar you can use personalities and team typing for designs and pretty much the same for teams. You will need to obviously make up the storyline should either of the two scenarios happen:

The person wishes not to allow the events you want into the game

OR

You wish to make up the storyline on your own

An opinions an opinion so it doesn't really matter I suppose since everyone has their own perspective.

Interesting about Kiki. Is there a source for all this information about the characters/peeps they're based on?

I didn't say it was silly for character arcs to bebased on RL events, just to say that it was silly to claim they had to be constrained by them. I think it's pretty cool, but since this is a fictional environment I also think there's some elbow room with what you can do with the characters, there has to be in order to translate actual, living people into a pokemon game. I disagree that RL based characters are automatically more interesting, however. Good writing can make fictional characters relatable and even bad writing can make realistic characters flat. It's all about execution.

Look earlier in this thread; Kiki died from a form of Lupus, Corey commited suicide. Lin mysteriously disappeared-- It's all in here, or I can try to quote it here

KIKI

I don't really remember the specifics of the disorder, but it was some form of Lupus, which evolved into Nephritis or something like that. She and Victoria swapped back and forth for a number of weeks due to her health complications, and eventually she had to resign altogether. A couple months after that, she passed on.

COREY, BLAKE, HEATHER

Regrettably, yes. This was back in 2010, I think. He came on after a particularly poor fall-out with Heather, resigned, and disappeared for a time afterwards. He had left a message for Heather, but she didn't receive that message until around a month later. I found out about it from Blake, who had claimed unofficial guardianship of Heather (which actually was part of the initial fall-out's conflict). He adopted her after that, and to verify the threat of the letter, I did some digging. Unfortunately, I was able to find Corey's obituary in an online archive. Corey wasn't his real name, of course; the names have all been changed to the type-themes, but I'm certain that the entry I found was correctly for him. He had thrown himself off of a bridge into a river, and died.

SIGMUND

Sigmund wasn't actively abusing children; he was conducting unapproved studies in Electro Convulsive Therapy using his patients as test subjects. ECT isn't entirely inapplicable or illegal given the proper conditions, practices, etc, but the things he did with it were officially considered unethical by the IRB so he failed to seek approval for his research. His license has currently been suspended, and he's in a legal contest over whether or not he can be punished for his actions.

EL, LUNA, RADOMUS, SERRA

El came to me in my initial hunt for leaders and requested I teach him how to play the game. His goal was to monitor his daughter's activity, since Luna had apparently been increasingly disobedient. Indeed, Luna eventually ran away during Season 1, so this website became the only avenue of contact he was able to maintain with her. For whatever reason, El was unable to pursue legal action against Radomus (idk why, he never told me the specifics) and shortly afterwards, Luna turned 18, annulling El's guardianship over her. El continued to hold venom against Radomus, and was eventually able to produce evidence that saw Radomus arrested (during which time Luna went to live with Serra instead, much to Elias' chagrin). I don't believe Radomus ever went to prison or anything, and he seems to be cleared now. I haven't heard from Elias recently.

Julia boomed her computer and was replaced. She's back, but moved on since.

Cain got grounded for like ever after being caught with a boy (IRL Cain never ran away; instead he and Aya were apart because they each went with one of their parents after their divorce) and recommended his sister in his stead.

After Corey left, Heather gave significantly fewer and fewer fucks about being here. Blake and I tried to keep her around because we though it would be good for her, especially when she stopped talking, but she would not be persuaded and quit.

Blake quit when Heather did.

Cal quit when Blake did, and was rather #done with the whole affair with Kiki

Victoria was only a temporary stand-in for Kiki in the first place

Shelly moved away around the same time and so she dipped out as well. She later came back to take Bennett's spot, temporarily, when he went on a similar vacation. She's still interested in participating if he leaves again.

Radomus was in legal 'check' so to speak, and confident that he would be punished, Elias quit. He continued to come around looking for Luna when she went with Serra. Radomus reappeared as well, apparently having his name cleared.

Lin literally just disappeared idek. We had a stand-in acting as her due to the sudden issues created but it didn't work out

A lot of this all happened around the same time, so league shut down for a bit. That is, iirc, one thing lead to league closing for a week and then in that time whoever else quit so it was down for a little longer, rinse, repeat, boom. Only six leaders stayed after season 1: Amaria, Titania, Luna (although she was also gone at the time), Hardy, Terra and Shade.

• Administrators

I can only assume that Shade's actor is not actually a spirit whateverthing, but tbh I don't really know anything about him. He was referred to us by Luna and has always continued to perform his role with perfect reliability.

• Support Squad

I can only assume that Shade's actor is not actually a spirit whateverthing, but tbh I don't really know anything about him. He was referred to us by Luna and has always continued to perform his role with perfect reliability.

Because if you can't trust a silent ethereal wisp of the undead. who can you trust?

• Support Squad

No one.....you can trust no one at all.....

*inserts morbid song*

You certainly can't trust many games companies right now >.<

Anywahales, lezz fast forward pat the Amaria shiz, past the gauntlet that is Ametrine to wonder at our Destination. After all, we can't be zen ALL the time. I expect we will end off in Ametrine city for obvious reasons, i mean, wehre else would Ametrine Mountain lead?

Ok I read the whole thread and i'm very confused. I was aware about the rl characters but what I cant understand is all this things about Sigmoud and stuff.

Is this about the rl ones or for the actual game before the story begin?

Like Sigmoud be the Elecrtric Leader

Yeah, and the gym leaders that were in the League on PO are in this game, most having some type of correlation with their real life counterpart

I was aware about that but I got confused on where we talk about the rl ones, the PO ones and Reborn ones