So, you wanna play Pokemon Reborn...

Timber Dragon

HERESY!!!

But really Gyarados is awesome and can solo almost everything in the game this far (even Gym Leaders) so if you have it give it a try, you'll never go back to those other puny Pokemon (except Metagross he's awesome too)

I actually think it's a good thing not to use Gyarados as a crutch, so props to them.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think it's a good thing not to use Gyarados as a crutch, so props to them.

HERESY again! How can you define the God-like creature which is Gyarados as a crutch? Nah you're right i wouldn't even use him for how op he is but that thing is my favorite mon

HERESY again! How can you define the God-like creature which is Gyarados as a crutch? Nah you're right i wouldn't even use him for how op he is but that thing is my favorite mon

Ah okay, then. I don't particularly like him so eh.

Edited by AuthorReborn

I started training Gyarados and it's only a few levels away from the rest of my team. I don't plan on using it, though, until the Dragon Gym or unless I get too close to the max level before my Pokemon stop listening to me.

You're right about it being capable of being used in a solo run... This thing is impossible to level up! xD

Edited by Dei

Well..pokemon reborn is an awesome game indeed..the best of the fan-made games I've ever played. It has got a high level of difficulty (compared to others) and that makes it even more challenging! Also, Charlotte can be easy to defeat if you've got a pokemon with rain dance, I had my espeon to learn that move and I defeated her quite easily. Also..can someone explain to me what exactly happened with gyarados? can you catch a magikarp now or in later episodes?

can someone explain to me what exactly happened with gyarados? can you catch a magikarp now or in later episodes?

In previous episodes you could buy a Magikarp in the Grand Hall and (after a bit of switch training) have a powerhouse from the get-go, when Ame noticed (it was a sad day for me) that everyone was using him she changed the quest to obtain Magicarp so now it will be obtainable only in future episodes.

no i don't want post mega evolution because i don't play game after i beat elite 4....Ame please don't ruin my best game of pokemon so far :D

But that's the point in multiple ways. See, she wants you to enjoy the hard work she puts into the post game so she plants rewards there. Also, Reborn is made to break you.

no i don't want post mega evolution because i don't play game after i beat elite 4....Ame please don't ruin my best game of pokemon so far :D

So what you're telling me is that you've only played HALF of gold, silver, crystal, heartgold, soulsilver, black, white, black 2 and white 2?

I don't think it should really be that surprising, I tend not to bother with post game stuff either. The story always drops off after the elite four, and the gameplay is very easy so I don't have much incentive to play it. Plus the battle frontier is boring, if I want a challenge I'll just play some competitive.

I don't see the problem with that...

I agree completely. Some people get a stick shoved up their butt when "the secret gets out." It's not a difficult problem to solve--getting over the ledge, that is-- it's just that when you actually find it out, it's totally worth it. Fact of the matter is, people are just lazy--I'm talking to you, Ame. So you're gonna have to deal with that secret getting out--it's an extremely well-designed secret, anyway. It's not like following a guide would take any less from the reward.

I started with Protean Greninja so I never bothered using Gyarados as a crutch. Greninja isn't the greatest option but it's damn good once you fill out its moveset.

• Administrators

Firstly, please refrain from double posting. I've merged your posts for you, but in the future if you need to respond to multiple other posts, please use the 'MultiQuote' function.

In any case, I disagree with your standpoint. Discovering a secret like that is much more rewarding than being told the answer. I think the emotional investment many players had trying to discover how to get Beldum properly for two months should be evidence of that. If someone -wants- to be lazy, they can look up the answer and that's fine, but there are people who would rather find it on their own. Personally, I'm one of those. I want to discover things myself, and if I have the answer thrown at me then I'm robbed of that experience.

I'm also not sure why you're calling me out; I wasn't the one who complained about it in the first place. On the contrary, I've encouraged players to work together and help each other from day one.

• 2 weeks later...

thi is the best pokemon game i ever played....big world tough gym leaders,f*****g puzzles and all pokemon generations....i finished episode 13 now i waiting for episode 14 with joy...thenks for this game

I'm from croatia so please don't hate me because bad english :D

nema veze i ja sam iz bosne :P i think they can pretty much understand you

• 1 month later...

I will maybe start over again and choose mudkip as my starter bvecause i'm bored...I have PES 15,Football Manager 15,Civilization 6 and All Dragon Age series...i waiting my pay to buy final fantasy XIII. So bak to begining of reborn :D

I'm ocd enough that i will NEVER replay reborn with any starter that can be caught in game...