[OOC/Signup] As Gods Sleep. . .

Chevaleresse

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I predict without knowing anything about that RP that it must have humor. Anywho, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, so I'm sticking with two RPs unless Aervana dies off (due to a lack of responses) or I think I can balance a third mask.

Well. Since I have a bit of free time now (once a day), I'll be jumping in ^^ (if that's okay with you, murdoc).

Name: Lily

Species: Gardevoir, F

Appearance: Exactly like an ordinary Gardevoir, but her skirt has 2 openings: one in front, as per usual, and one in the back of an equal length.

Personality Overview: Blunt, honest, easily offended, volatile.

Backstory:

All her life, Lily wanted only one thing: She wanted to fight. She wanted to feel the sensation of her fists and feet impacting against an opponent. As a young Ralts, even at the stage where she was but a baby, driven only by pure emotions from around her, she would seek out emotions of exhilaration and excitement, rather than the emotions of joy or kindness which other Ralts naturally gravitated toward. As a Kirlia, after finishing her daily Psychic practice, she would go and peek at the male Kirlias who were training in physical skills.

Unfortunately, due to the unusual -and, frankly speaking, unfair- nature of evolution in her species, her greatest desire was one destined to go unfulfilled. Only males could evolve into Gallades. All female Kirlias would eventually evolve into Gardevoirs. While her male classmates each went up to the enshrined Dawn Stone and touched it, evolving into Gallades, she could only watch on in envy. She even tried sneaking up to the Stone and touching it as well; naturally, nothing happened.

Finally, the day came when she evolved into a Gardevoir. She hated her adult body. The long, slender fingers were useless for tossing punches, and her thin, sticklike feet were unsuitable for delivering kicks. The first time she tried, she tripped over her ridiculous, impractical skirt. She got so frustrated that she telepathically (and painfully)tore her own skirt in half along the back, allowing greater movement. Over time, she got used to her new body and her new abilities, learning to use her psychic abilities as well as others of her species, while still harbouring a deep regret and a slight resentment for not being able to pursue her dream.

One day, on her 36th Birthday, the Cataclysm occurred. One minute she was celebrating with a group of friends from her village. The next, she found herself in the middle of a vast maze of tall, grey buildings. Her friends and her village were nowhere to be found. While suffering from disorientation, a series of bright lights suddenly shone down on her: a group of humans with these devices that created light were coming towards her. Intuitively, she felt the mood of the humans change from puzzlement, to fear, to hate, and finally to rage. It was the last emotion which alerted her to the danger. She immediately projected a Reflect between herself and the humans, then turned her telekinesis on herself, propelling her away and upwards. She alighted atop one of the strange, gray buildings(which, for some unfathomable reason, had a flat roof) and decided to get her bearings.

Reaching out telepathically, she located several other Pokemon nearby, all experiencing emotions of fear. Choosing not to make contact with them, she stopped her probe and took stock of her situation. Her friends were gone. Her family was gone. Her village was gone. She was alone, in a strange place, with humans that, for some reason, hated her. That was a pretty bad situation to be in. Thunder clouds began to gather above, signalling a coming downpour. Lily, preferring not to stand out in the rain, ran over to the opposite side of the rooftop, where a pile of metal slabs were strewn about, and used Psychic to move them into a makeshift hovel, cursing the fact that she could not do so with her own hands.

Finally, she entered her new shelter and rested.

Over the next few days, the shelter became her home as she gathered her strength, collecting rations and familiarising herself with the land. All the while, though, she bore in the back of her mind a constant, quiet resolution to set out on a search for the rest of her family. After all, who knows? Maybe a tough, solo journey would be enough to assure herself that even though she had the body of a Gardevoir, she was a fighter at heart.

Just maybe.

I predict without knowing anything about that RP that it must have humor. Anywho, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, so I'm sticking with two RPs unless Aervana dies off (due to a lack of responses) or I think I can balance a third mask.

This makes me sad. :( But it's true. People need to post more or it will die.

Well. Since I have a bit of free time now (once a day), I'll be jumping in ^^ (if that's okay with you, murdoc).

...aaand you can rejoin Aervana? (Gets irrational hopes up)

I kinda like this, seeing as how the prolouge is pretty much what I always thought would happen If someone was shortsided enough to actually go and Capture a major legendary responsible for governing an aspect of the world.

though, the idea of most roles needing to be pokemon kinda makes me wanna step back. Mystery dungeon was fun but...

Anyways, I'll think about signing up.

If you ever feel like joining feel free, remember being a trainer you can just put up a bio and we can get you rping, if you want to be a mon you need to follow the rules we got for it (it allows us to get a bit of diversity, without being too harsh lol). Even if you don't join up feel free to read along with the story and just enjoy what the rpers create. It is free form so it isn't going to be very Linear, just a heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's hoping that Zephyr ain't really too Sue-y.

Name: Zephyr

Appearance: zephyr_by_monokuromosonata-d74xk56.jpg

Here's the one with color(below)

post-47433-0-71796000-1396417062_thumb.jpg

Personality overview: Sarcastic, snarky, with a tendency to be cynical and nihilistic. Perhaps except towards her Pokemon, who remain with her after the apocalypse. Oh, and she can lapse into total mental and/or emotional instability at times.

Backstory:

The day that Arceus gave up on the world and all that existed on it was also a day when Zephyr, trying to not deal with her personal problems, consented to going out with a group she'd called "her big brother, handful of good friends, and the rest are morons who I don't really give a damn about". The group outing took place at an amusement park/mall which sat on a beach area by the Johto seas. It all went well until somebody threw a surprise confession for the girl of his affections why presenting to her a ridiculously gigantic Teddiursa doll on the boardwalk, causing Zephyr to turn away and stalk off, as she'd hated romance and romantic gestures done in public due to an experience of her own.

As with all great post-apocalyptic journeys, hers began when she entered a maintenance room that linked a ride to a mall and refused to open the door to her big brother, who'd come to check on his little sister and to make sure that she didn't sic her Houndoom and Umbreon on whatever she felt like destroying.

He knocked and inquired once, and only once. This puzzled her, because he was usually more persistent than that.

She opened the door to find that the world had all but gone to hell.

Something had caused the greater part of the boardwalk, which sat perched on a cliff by the lower beach area, to collapse and give way. People and Pokemon alike scrambled in terror, trying to get away from the snapping, breaking wooden floorboards, only to be squashed by falling structures and debris, or to fall into fissures wrought by a sudden earthquake.Stalls and other bigger objects disappeared-- some reappeared to fall into the now turbulent sea; others disappeared for good. After a few seconds of shock, and after seeing the huge Teddiursa doll spontaneously go up in flames, Zephyr realized two things.

Her brother was missing.

The maintenance room was falling apart as well-- literally.

Unwillingly, yet frantically, she dashed past rows of machinery that suddenly burst into flames and/or exploded towards the door at the other end of the room, which seemed to stretch away from her into a long, narrowing hallway. After running for what felt like an hour, she burst through the door, just as the maintenance room fell into the sea.

Then, through the door, she sat frozen to the spot as a huge black hole opened up in the sea-- rather, what she could see of the ocean had become a massive whirlpool below her.

What she stared at now was its center. A bottomless pit that swallowed everything like a drain, roaring yet yawning beneath her, almost mockingly as she backed up slowly from the door. When she'd gone far enough, the door swung shut by itself, and she was enveloped in near darkness.

The emergency floodlights illuminated what looked like appliance, electronics, hardware, and specialty stores. Zephyr was inside the mall, which appeared to be untouched by the carnage outside and void of other people or Pokemon. None of what had just happened had processed through her mind yet. At the moment, she couldn't think at all-- she acted only on impulse, and what her subconscious deemed right. She sent out her Umbreon, which radiated a soft blue pulsating glow in the darkness, and her Houndoom, which immediately took to sniffing the air and growling. She went into a gun store and purchased two M1911 pistols along with extra ammunition, and two holsters for her thighs. Not bothering to leave any money, she continued on into the nearest hardware store, still dazed, as if she were unaware or unable to control her own actions, and walked out with a chainsaw slung on her body with a strap.

It was only after raiding the supermarket and then exiting the mall did everything begin to crash down on her brain. Upon stepping out of the glass doors, she and her Pokemon were treated to a most shocking sight-- they were atop a hill, watching the amusement park and the mall that they had just exited sink into the gigantic vortex of water, which appeared to have tripled in size, swallowing the entire establishment without any problem.

Zephyr dropped everything- including herself- and began screaming. Both Umbreon and Houndoom were left to process exactly what the kcuf they had just witnessed.

A week of utter chaos and insanity later, Zephyr stumbled upon what appeared to be an abandoned facility buried in stone- remnants of mountains, possibly- amidst a jagged wasteland of fissures, cracks, spiky protrusions jutting out of the dry earth, what looked like to be a cleanly sliced half of a building, some cars that appear to have been warped by heat, and other strange pieces of junk. Somehow, she managed to reach the structure without getting herself killed and found that the facility wasn't exactly abandoned. She was greeted by a masked man who simply introduced himself as "the Boss". Impressed by the fact that she had survived the harsh landscape, he welcomed her, bidding her stay at the "Base", that is, the facility, for as long as she needed to-- so long as she turned her Pokemon in for containment, along with the others.

There was a rule that no human or Pokemon could come into contact with each other in the Base, unless deemed required in what the Boss called missions.

Any group of offenders would be severely punished-- the Pokemon converted into dinner, and the human, forced to partake in an extremely life-threatening mission.

The other survivors, Zephyr had found on her first day at the Base, had little to no qualms about killing each other to get their way. Sanity and trust were more or less out of the question; never before had she been more thankful for ammunition.

It was an uncertain game of kill or be killed: killed by the other survivors, killed by hostile Pokemon, or even by the Boss himself.

Frankly, even Zephyr never could figure out why she still feebly clung onto such a terrible life, after seeing many people she knew die.

Perhaps it was because of the possibly foolish hope that somewhere, somehow, as improbable as the events that had taken place...

Her big brother and her friends existed and continued to survive.

Personality overview: Sarcastic, snarky, with a tendency to be cynical and nihilistic. Perhaps except towards her Pokemon, who remain with her after the apocalypse. Oh, and she can lapse into total mental and/or emotional instability at times.

Part in bold is what I see as a problem. Your character doesn't need a Mental Disorder or an Emotional one to be interesting. Instability is not something we want in an rp. The other people participating need to have a basic understanding of how your character will react to situations otherwise it will just be really confusing for us and we will have no idea of what will happen. Also this characters tend to be weak in general relying on said thing to be interesting, which means their unpredictably is the only thing going for them. This quickly gets frustrating for others in the rp, and gets boring quickly for the player using that character.

Background-wise, nobody else in the rp started with a Pokemon. I am not saying you can't start with any, just don't start with a whole team, it would kind of ruin some of the point of this rp as people don't have many pokemon, if any in this world, and you wouldn't be able to pick up any of the PC (Player Character, in case you don't know, I don't know your Rping experience) pokemon throughout the story. However, I am going to wait and see what Murdoc has to say, as this rp is his and I am just one of the mods.

Hm. Point proven and taken. I'll make her stable in that case.

She just has the two, but if deemed necessary then I'll wipe them out of the backstory altogether.

(I've actually been RPing for a while and I still do with one of my friends, but I've gotten really lazy lately)

DOn't do anything drastic until Murdoc weighs in. I don't know if he wants people starting with Pokes or not was the only reason I brought it up, I personally don't have a problem with only 2, but Murdoc has final say, so I don't want to give the full go ahead, I hope you understand that lol.

Edited by Hukuna