[OOC/Signup] As Gods Sleep. . .

Chevaleresse

Oh by the way, V-Create can't actually roll off Metronome just so you know, it and other signature moves are removed from the list of possible attacks when it rolls. (Forget all of them of the top of my head, but that is one of them lol.) (This is in the games however, so using the knowledge from in the games themselves lol. It may be different in 6th Gen since we don't know the mechanics of it in the current gen yet however lol.)

Edited by Hukuna

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Backstory:
Born as children of a scientist, Edward Falke, Jessica and her brother Samuel grew up in their father's laboratory, not often leaving it. With their father continuously experimenting, and their mother having left when they were still toddlers, Samuel and Jessica lived an isolated childhood. Samuel and Jessica did not really like each other , and they both lived their own lives inside the same building, not bothering each other much.

This reminded me of Dib and Gaz from Invader Zim. :D

The way you left off didn't leave a whole lot of room for anyone to interact with you. It was as though you were ending a chapter. Perhaps edit it to provide said opportunity?

Question:

How long ago from where the IC thread is set did the Cataclysm take place? (I still like 'The Shift' but that's not really the point.) It appears that my Cyndaquil is going to end up being one of the older characters based on the fact that it was around for a few years before the Cataclysm and based on the ages of other peoples characters (that hadn't necessarily been around for as long before the Cataclysm.) I hadn't picked a specific age for mine, so it kind of depends on this.

Edited by Flux

I will start the List, and I actually feel Bidoof fits you a bit so will include it. (you can wait for others to add some more by the way lol.)

Bidoof/Biberal line.

Mr.Mime

Sigilgylgh

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo Line.

In regards to Nova's post, I was thinking about having Nivia make contact, but I wasn't able to because of midterms and internship. So, I will be pretty slow in my RPs until Monday passes.

Edited by DarkLight

Since I pretty much already had a whole backstory plotted for Bidoof, I'll go with that one.

Name: Sark

Species: Bidoof

Appearance: More or less the same height and weight like normal Bidoof, but with a white fur and a huge scar of a claw on his back. Always carries a small bag, mostly only containing some berries.

Personality: He doesn't like to work together with whoever he meets, and believes that working together is a sign of weakness. Since he became stronger alone, he thinks everyone is able to do the same and that it would be better for everyone. He is constantly searching for strong opponents to become even more powerful. He hates humans, and believes that Pokémon who work together with them are not better than the humans.

Backstory: Far to the north, the Cataclysm completely destroyed a whole region. Now uninhabited by humans, the whole region has been frozen and many rare Pokémon can be found there. A rather unusual clan of Bidoof and Bibarel lives there, all having a white fur instead of a brown one. In this clan, Sark was born. As a young Bidoof, he set out on a journey to become stronger than ever before and he vowed to return only when he was worthy to evolve.

Eventually, years later, he came back, only to see that a herd of Sneasel and Weavile had taken over the clan's territory. All Bibarel had fled, leaving the Bidoof to be the slaves of the intruders. Sark became really angry, charged right into the camp, knocking out the two Sneasel guards in the process, demanding to have a one-vs-one battle against the leader of the Dark/Ice types. A slighty taller, shiny Weavile came forward. Grinning, the Weavile presented his claws to Sark, as a sign of his challenge. They fought for a full hour, in which the Weavile managed to strike a harsh blow on Sark with his Night Slash. Sark didn't give up, however, and used the move he learnt while training alone, namely ThunderBolt. Paralyzing the Weavile with this move, he eventually managed to knock him out, and drive away the herd. Then, he led the Bidoof clan to a herd of Piloswine, believing it would be safer if they stayed with them. After that, he left. He left the world of ice, vowing that he would find the Bibarel that fled, and take his revenge on them. The proof that he was stronger than them, was the scar he got from Weavile's Night Slash. The scar of victory.

Edited by Bibarel

That is one pimpin' Bidoof. The white fur thing is quite clever. You might want to specify what level that Bidoof is, though. Because it evolves at level 15, you must be either 14 or lower, or stop yourself from evolving at 15+.

I don't want to say it, but I sense a bit of Sue-ness in there. Namely, where Sark is able to take down two Sneasel consecutively, followed by a Weaville.
However, because Sark is a Bidoof, it could be an exception.

Ark, there aren't really levels per-say in this rp. Evolution will be more of a story thing than actually obtaining that level. As this is an rp don't think of it in ways of the games etc. Things will work a slight bit differently since it is indeed an rp. Like just because he is a Bidoof doesn't mean he will lose instantly to something considered more powerful than him in the game. Also Omega, I don't really know too much about you since you are a bit new, so I will abstain in making a list for you at current, since I would probably not pick the best mons for you. Remember there are other methods to choose a mon from as well.

That is one pimpin' Bidoof. The white fur thing is quite clever. You might want to specify what level that Bidoof is, though. Because it evolves at level 15, you must be either 14 or lower, or stop yourself from evolving at 15+.

I don't want to say it, but I sense a bit of Sue-ness in there. Namely, where Sark is able to take down two Sneasel consecutively, followed by a Weaville.

However, because Sark is a Bidoof, it could be an exception.

Yay, someone liked the white fur idea. Also, I kind of didn't post it in because there were already enough moves, but Sark also knows Rock Smash, so he can do much better against a Weavile than, let's say, against a Dusknoir. I just wanted to show that a Bidoof can be more than a derp/hm slave.

Ark, there aren't really levels per-say in this rp. Evolution will be more of a story thing than actually obtaining that level. As this is an rp don't think of it in ways of the games etc. Things will work a slight bit differently since it is indeed an rp. Like just because he is a Bidoof doesn't mean he will lose instantly to something considered more powerful than him in the game.

I kind of hoped there would be no real levels. :unsure: I think it would make everything too confusing. In my opinion, a RP is more like the anime than the game. And, um, since you are one of the admins, can I already take part in the RP? Sorry if I'm being impatient, it's one of my main characteristics. Maybe I should have put 'impatient' on Sark as well.

Edited by Bibarel

Aye it is, no need to worry.

Now only thing I find a bit weird and Sue-ish is the fact that he will protect people, but won't work with anybody. Mostly since you are working with them to protect them. I especially find the finds working together as a sign of weakness thing a conflict with your back-story. Since he originally was living in a clan, it would be very weird if he had that mindset. A clan would have to work together implicitly to survive, especially in a area like you described. Now while he may be opposed to using team-work, he would know of it's value due to living with his clan in the north. (those are my thoughts Bibarel, while it really doesn't fit the backstory that isn't my main concern, I want you to be able to participate in the rp, and the way you described your character, he would be so lone wolf you would never really get to interact with anybody, which is part of the fun in an rp. I am not saying he has to be best buddies with everybody, but seeing working together as a weakness will make your character just sort of there in the rp, not really doing much but his own thing, which may sound find at first, but it will only lead to ever more confusion in the rp [and yes I know it is more a free form rp, but still as little clutter as possible is best.])

Sorry about the text wall. I just had to get my misgivings about that out lol, and I hope you understand what I am getting at.

Aye it is, no need to worry.

Now only thing I find a bit weird and Sue-ish is the fact that he will protect people, but won't work with anybody. Mostly since you are working with them to protect them. I especially find the finds working together as a sign of weakness thing a conflict with your back-story. Since he originally was living in a clan, it would be very weird if he had that mindset. A clan would have to work together implicitly to survive, especially in a area like you described. Now while he may be opposed to using team-work, he would know of it's value due to living with his clan in the north. (those are my thoughts Bibarel, while it really doesn't fit the backstory that isn't my main concern, I want you to be able to participate in the rp, and the way you described your character, he would be so lone wolf you would never really get to interact with anybody, which is part of the fun in an rp. I am not saying he has to be best buddies with everybody, but seeing working together as a weakness will make your character just sort of there in the rp, not really doing much but his own thing, which may sound find at first, but it will only lead to ever more confusion in the rp [and yes I know it is more a free form rp, but still as little clutter as possible is best.])

Sorry about the text wall. I just had to get my misgivings about that out lol, and I hope you understand what I am getting at.

I understand exactly what you are saying. The thing about the protecting, I better change that, you're right. But the other things... First of all, he did leave the clan, twice even, to become stronger alone. He survived all alone and believes that everyone else is able to do the same. He became even less fond of working together after realising the leaders of his clan left the weaker Pokémon. He kind of lost the belief that Pokémon are able to work together there. And about the lone wolf thing, he will try to keep his distance from other Pokémon, and especially from people, but that doesn't mean that he won't have to interact with anyone. Characters can develop, you know~

Don't be too hard on me, it's my first time after all~

Not being hard on you, just trying to make sure you don't make a character that isn't enjoyable to rp, I am just making sure you don't fall into a trap that a lot of new players do (which is the, I am a Lone Wolf and do everything myself, and never want to work with anybody. I am not saying you will, and if you can pull of the character good on ya.) Just saying it is a hard thing to roleplay well when you are newer to rping, but if you feel you can do it, I will let you lol. Not like I am the person to stop you seeing as I do a lot of Strange stuff and manage to make it believable lol. (Hell, I have roleplayed a Lizardman who aspired to be a Paladin in D and D before, it he is still one of my favourite characters, mostly because he faced adversity, and while he never became a paladin, he managed to find acceptance in his world.)

Not being hard on you, just trying to make sure you don't make a character that isn't enjoyable to rp, I am just making sure you don't fall into a trap that a lot of new players do (which is the, I am a Lone Wolf and do everything myself, and never want to work with anybody. I am not saying you will, and if you can pull of the character good on ya.) Just saying it is a hard thing to roleplay well when you are newer to rping, but if you feel you can do it, I will let you lol. Not like I am the person to stop you seeing as I do a lot of Strange stuff and manage to make it believable lol. (Hell, I have roleplayed a Lizardman who aspired to be a Paladin in D and D before, it he is still one of my favourite characters, mostly because he faced adversity, and while he never became a paladin, he managed to find acceptance in his world.)

Well, if everything went alright with that Lizardman, I guess Sark will be alright. ^_^

I hope so. I will hopefully be able to help ya out a bit if you do go astray though. (I don't see that happening as I trust you can pull it off, but I will be around incase it does.) Hope you enjoy the rp, and glad to have you aboard!

Welcome to the RP. Like many other people, I have a disliking toward Bidoof, so that could be good for the story. It would paint your image of a badass Bidoof in more detail if my character disliked yours.
Anywho, thanks Hakuna and Bibarel for the insight to level/ no level. I haven't read any of the manga and watched nearly none of the show or movies, so I didn't know if some magical light donned on the Poke if they level or anything.

Na, it really just isn't kept track of. In the Anime etc...they are always just as powerful as they are, as in life it would be absurd to attach power levels to people. It is a system that doesn't work since there are many things that are power.

Basically Physical power isn't th only kind of power, the games only need it to fit mechanics of a game. Why in the anime etc...moves can be used for things other than what they do in game. (like on many occasions As h's Torkoal has used Rapid Spin to deflect moves etc...stuff like that.)

an RP is more open to interpretation. (like the anime.), where the rules of the game would only hamper the story. If a Farfetch'd simply couldn't beat a Tyranitar like in the games, there would be no suspense in the battle, we would know the outcome. However since stats and levels don't exist in this setting (and never should in a forum rp or story driven ones.), while even at a disadvantage, the Farfetch'd could still win but outsmarting his opponent, or using the environment around him.

Things like D and D are a bit different, the stats in that limit what you are good at. You can most certainly try to pick a lock, but if you aren't a thief, you probably couldn't do it easily. In D and D though the Danger is what makes it fun, the "if I don't do this, I could die feeling". Different rp's require different rules is what I am saying. For this rules (other than guidelines like in the original post, those are fine.) and stats would get in the way, making it harder to tell a compelling story. It is especially the case with a forum rp, where we can't really hold each to it, since if a situation that "breaks" a rule is to hard to discuss in a timely manner.

(rp lecture over. Hope I taught you guys a little bit about it. Otherwise this is a big wall o' text for nothing.)

Power levels with people, huh?
*Insert 9,000 joke here*
And thank God that most stuff is up to interpretation. Predictable battles would be lame.

On an unrelated note, the next post in this thread is the 100th post. All eyes on you, Murdoc. Holds breath