[OOC/Signup] As Gods Sleep. . .

Chevaleresse

(know your post almost got buried, I just about missed it.) What do you think is Sue-Like about my Character though Jory? (after rereading it I don't get that sense but I am probably biased towards it). If you really have a problem with it I will change it, I am just not sure what you are getting at currently.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course, I'm hopping on in. It seems like we have a lot of Pokes, so I lean more towards the trainer role, but I can role with either.

If Murdoc gives me the green for being a trainer, great.

If not, still cool. And with that, I am test-ready. My type was Normal/Flying (Hell yes!)

(know your post almost got buried, I just about missed it.) What do you think is Sue-Like about my Character though Jory? (after rereading it I don't get that sense but I am probably biased towards it). If you really have a problem with it I will change it, I am just not sure what you are getting at currently.

Personality Overview: Loner, tries to distance himself from others, but is conflicted, and tries to desperately protect those he considers friends. Very volatile as well. Easily gets upset and angry, and can have a hard time calming down. (Especially involving Death of a friend, a loved one, or someone he wasn't able to protect.) Also enjoys collecting trinkets of the past.

The very idea of a "loner who is loyal to his friends" is pretty self-contradictory and in itself a gigantic, screaming cliche. The "very volatile" section confuses me and infuriates me at the same time. Your character does not have to have a serious mental disorder (such as anger problems or bipolar disorder) to be interesting. He is allowed to react to situations accordingly without breaking down crying every time something bad happens. If that is not what you intended, than "very volatile" is absolutely the incorrect phrase to use. I would suggest "reacts normally to situations." A character being prone to overreaction is inherently difficult and, frankly, undesirable to RP with. Additionally, one would expect him to mourn the death of a friend, loved one, or innocent bystander. This should not even need to be stated. If he were a complete sociopath who felt no connection to them and didn't mourn them, that would be worth mentioning.

I love the part about him collecting antiques. It fits awesomely into a post-apocalyptic wasteland where new generations might not have any concept of what a television is even for. That part is good and should be kept.

Sorry if I came on a bit strong, it's just that I've found that characters who do a total 180 every three posts are very difficult to account for and predict, which are both important in forum RP.

That isn't what Intended guess I just phrsed it wrong. He tends to be a bit on edge I think I will revise the the votile part (forgot a wrote that, and then didn't now it was the personality that you had a problem with.) The wording on my part is a definite screw-up. What I more meant is he is a Loner, and isn't good with others, however if somebody becomes close to him they become very close to him, he attaches on on them because he can trust them.

Definitely going to re-write the bio (at least that part, so I do agree, it is very confusing what I mean.).

Edit: I have now revised it, I just totally removed that part, wasn't exactly sure what I was going for there, and it was poorly worded and executed. (I think I over-complicated it lol, I do that from time to time.)

Edited by Hukuna

@Sarcus, didn't intend to offend. It's just a very rare personality type and when everyone and their mother has that personality, the RP tends to stall itself out. That's why it's important to have a mix of personalities in the group.

Character sub. It's a serious app, but I can guarantee someone's going to tell me that "this isn't a joke." I chose to write the background story like a fairy tale because Perseus was a child when the cataclysm occurred. This is how he remembers it.

Name: Cyrus Perseus

Species: Slakoth

Appearance: Slakoth wearing a pair of hipster glasses

Personality: Tends to be very lackadaisical. Overall a pretty amiable fellow, although he tends to ramble on when he speaks. Oftentimes disregards his trainer's request for him to get in his Poke Ball (ironically a Quick Ball), yet still refuses to move. This results in him having to be worn similar to a scarf, ferret, or sweater cape. Intuitive, yet trusting of others, he tends to be the first to spot a potential conflict. Due to his laziness and inherent want to "not have to deal with that crap," he will often try to avoid conflict.

Background: Perseus was born on a lazy Sunday, delivered by a lazy doctor, and raised by a couple of lazy Slaking. He'd always been a particularly lazy fellow, so much so that many of his peers doubted he could even move at all. He would spend his days sleeping and napping and sleeping- When he wasn't eating, that is! They lived in a lazy forest right outside of the capital city. There had been a lot of humans in that city, but they weren't lazy. They moved fast, and even built cars to help them go faster. That was why it had been so scary afterward. No movement at all coming from the smoking ruins. Perseus huddled against his mother, her huge arms making him look tiny by comparison. They walked through the city, no longer at risk of being hit by vehicles or taken by the police. Since the cataclysm, Perseus has moved away from his parents. He has slowly been making his way around the region, taking in the ruined landscape. Whoever had done this had make life very hard for many Pokemon and many people.

Edited by Jory

Hmm. Well, I want to Rp a Cyndaquil, but then I kinda feel like I'm cheating the system. I'll have to think about it some more I guess.

Go for it! No reason why you can't except your type test result.

And if you want a list, here you go:

Cyndaquil

Eevee

Heatmor

Magby/Magmar

Go for it! No reason why you can't except your type test result.

And if you want a list, here you go:

Cyndaquil

Eevee

Heatmor

Magby/Magmar

Well, that still feels like cheating, but I guess I will anyway. My type results limited me to 2 evolution lines anyway, and Cyndaquil is in my primary type.

Name: Blaze

Species: Cyndaquil

Appearance: A normal Cyndaquil except for an unusual red marking on his forehead. He wears an Everstone laced armband engraved with his name around his front left leg as a memento of his trainer.

Background:

A happy, and playful Pokemon, Blaze loved his trainer. They had met on the day his trainer's journey began, and Blaze had been his first Pokemon. They hadn't battled many other Pokemon, but his trainer did put him through some mild training to keep him in shape. They lived together for a few years, growing more and more comfortable with each other, slowly becoming an inseparable team. His trainer had given him the armband he wears to celebrate Blaze's "Birthday," the day they had begun their journey. It was laced with Everstone, to help Blaze learn moves more quickly during training. Blaze hadn't minded. Evolving had always seemed strange and fearful to him, and he was happy the way he was. Those days were the best days of his life. But they were about to come to an end.

One day, his trainer had left to buy supplies. He was only going a short ways, so he left Blaze home, outside of his Pokeball. Blaze could still remember the smile and wave his trainer gave him as he walked out the door.

He never came back.

Unbeknownst to Blaze, the was the day of the Shift. Blaze waited for weeks, wondering where his trainer could be. Eventually, he was forced to leave in order to find food and stay alive. The world he walked out to was not the same as the one he remembered. The sky was dark, and the was a great rift splitting the earth as far as he could see, lava spewing over the sides. He ran to the forests in fear, but things weren't the same as he remembered. The routes he had walked with his trainer twisted and turned in unfamiliar ways, and soon he became lost. Over time, that forest became his home. He lived in hiding, fearful of both trainers and larger Pokemon that roamed the forest. He spends his days wondering whether his trainer left him or simply disappeared. Somewhere deep down, he hopes to be reunited with him some day.

Edited by Flux

Of course, I'm hopping on in. It seems like we have a lot of Pokes, so I lean more towards the trainer role, but I can role with either.If Murdoc gives me the green for being a trainer, great.If not, still cool. And with that, I am test-ready. My type was Normal/Flying (Hell yes!)

Gogogo

edit:

RumbleTTT

Greninja has hands, Togekiss does not. RP Togekiss.

reborn has spoken

Edited by KingMurdoc

Arkhidon are you not wanting to be a trainer, if not I could be the trainer, but if you're going to be a trainer I'll be a Froslass. I wanna know so I could do my character profile.

If pokemon then

-Skarmory

-Staraptor

-Chatot

Edited by personwithbanana9870

By the way I am just waiting for the Trainer and stuff to be settled, before I post to the IC thread. Have a little plan for Theo for the start, I am thinking he is either out by himself somewhere or has like 1 mon with him or something like that, I doubt he would have befriended more than one person in the amount of time he has been out there.

that reminds me, i'll be making a character profile soon

basically a rule 63'd version of myself, because why not

feel like it turned out a bit sue-ish but w/e

Name: Amarantha

Species: Togepi (Level 14, Hustle)

Appearance: As a normal Togepi, with slightly lighter coloration on top.

Personality: Quiet and a bit withdrawn until she gets comfortable with people. Has a tendency to conceal her deepest thoughts, only revealing them to one or two people. Quite set in her ways; rarely changes her mind unless facts prompt her to do so. However, she can be very energetic if she comes out of her isolation, forgetting her avoidant ways and engaging in lively (or heated) discussions. Despite her evasiveness toward social interaction, she often feels lonely, possibly due to her nature as a Togepi.

Background: Amarantha was actually born and raised for a short time by a Dragon Tamer and a Pokemon Breeder before Cyrus's "success," but the time distortion placed her much further forward in time than her family, so she grew up as an orphan. Her adoptive parents were a fairly normal family of the time; they had shifted the blame onto Cyrus, and had a strong dislike for Pokemon, which they considered untrustworthy at best. She came closer to their views over time, but never completely forgot the vague memories of her parents. She was left unattended one day when she was about 10, and ran afoul of a Ninetales that had been tortured by vengeful humans. She woke up the next morning in the body of a Togepi, and was forced to leave her home lest she be captured and disposed of, as Togepi have no true use as work animals.

Edited by KingMurdoc

Name: Gale Colriedia

Species: Human

Appearance: Fond of the color blue, he tends to wear a sea-blue overcoat (larger sweatshirt) over his dark grey shirt, along with jeans and simple, dark running shoes. His hair is blonde, about medium length, reaching his ears, covering his forehead, and almost covering his neck. Typically, in fair weather conditions, he will wear one sleeve up and the other down. He wears a single, thin blue and orange-colored band on his left wrist, the arm with the sleeve up. (If I could draw, I would, but I cannot to save my life)

Personality overview: He is a focused person, but is quite active. He holds his pride quite high, so any challenges that come to him are always accepted, even in the face of complete humiliation. Always looking to be the very best like no one ever was, beat the odds and leave a legacy, Gale wants nothing more than a story to tell and a giant honorary statue to prove it. He is quite cocky, but knows when to shut up and tends to have a cocky, angled smile when he's feeling good. (Like Athena Cykes with her fist in hand)

2afbbz7.jpg

Backstory: Living with his cousins for the past 10 years, Gale had come to a personal consensus that he dislikes them. However, he was quite dependent on them since The Cataclysm. They lived in a shelter along with almost 500 other people who had only recently been able to build shelters in the rubble and manage to make gardens. His responsibility was to search for Tauros, Bouffalant, or Skiddo to use to food and milk. While only mildly successful in catching three in recent history, two Skiddo and a Tauros, he once was attacked by a Bouffalant and had to kill it to save himself. For this reason, he has attempted and succeeded in leaving the shelter.
That was two days ago. Gale had found a PokeMart, completely overturned with the front door upside down, between a forest and a rubble-filled town. There, he gathered the remaining 6 poke balls and 2 great balls. He has been able to survive on food that was in the mart, but enough only lasts for one week's time.