Pokemon reju Set-Mode run

lenny123

Hi! 

Just sharing this for fun and to hear your thoughts on this!

I love rejuvenation and have not comepleted the game so far (played till 5th badge or so). I just started a new run to see the V13 release. I'm playing this run a bit different and I think its a lot of fun so far. Basicly Set-Mode means that the battlestyle has been put on set, so the ai can just switch in whenever it wants. This adds difficulty that has to be met by team configuration. Walls, supports etc.. now are essential for now one has to sponge hits from the ai. Beside the battlestyle, the difficulty is set on the hardest option.

To compensate, one uses debug mode to attain a full party of 6 to their likeing (I prefer no legendary's), along with items, IV's/EV's and move's that are normally only accesible by breeding, tm's/hm's or tutor etc.. (but only legal move's). The gameplay is rather fast because one can focus on battle's instead gathering items/mons. It also feels ballanced because the ai has the same perks going for it. This mode, therefore, trade the gathering and progression aspect of the game for fair battleing and a feeling of completion for the player now has a cool and well functioning team from the getgo! :).  If gathering/grinding is not your thing, this mode might be fun for you!, or not, but thats fine :D.

I found that the game feels rather easy up untill the level 25 cap, after which here are some challenging battle's to be found.

My team:

Naamloos.png.f677b3b5754e4235cf7eef8c9eac4f0a.png

Torracat is a def wall, honedge spdeff wall. Breloom sweeps with sd and mach-punch, lyanrock revengekills, mamoswine serves as a wallbreaker and crobat is the lead/pivot.

-Lenny

Edited by lenny123

Of course its rather easy, because it's not balanced around having top tier pokemon (which the entirety of your team are). While doing EV/IV with debug mode i think is fine since all it does is saves time, cheating good pokemon, moves and items for the beginning of the game seems like a terrible idea to me. 

17 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Of course its rather easy, because it's not balanced around having top tier pokemon (which the entirety of your team are). While doing EV/IV with debug mode i think is fine since all it does is saves time, cheating good pokemon, moves and items for the beginning of the game seems like a terrible idea to me. 

hmm.. Have you ever tried set-battlestyle? You lose a lot of momentum. The regular filler trainers are rather easy but the boss batle's such as the "battle me requests side quests" become quite difficult. Still it doesnt really matter it is what you make of it in the end.

14 minutes ago, lenny123 said:

hmm.. Have you ever tried set-battlestyle? You lose a lot of momentum. The regular filler trainers are rather easy but the boss batle's such as the "battle me requests side quests" become quite difficult. Still it doesnt really matter it is what you make of it in the end.

Im never playing on anything but set for many years and was playing on Intense only since v7 or 8. You wanted an opinion, im giving an opinion, early game is balanced around pokemon and moves game gives you in early game. You might as well give you full team of legendaries since you already went for very strong pokemon so early, making any challenge meaningless. 

personally  if this is  ur first  time on set  mode  you should NOT give urself mons that aren't obtainable yet or  just  flat  out  not in the game. and  grinding  is much  easier  now.

Once you played any pokemon game on set mode, you can never go back imo. While you should play the way you want as long as you have fun, I agree with what has been said, sorry, but you can't judge a games difficulty if you give yourself Top Tier mons.

I played the game on set-mode with no items in battle in a Rock-mono run (meaning I only used Rock types) and I loved almost every minute of it.

I don't think you should cheat in inaccessible mons. I only ever play Rejuv on Set mode, no bag items (except for Pokeballs obviously), and have done so multiple times and it was fine without doing that, VERY challenging of course, but fine. (I did cheat to max out IV's but ONLY AFTER breeding was legitimately accessible, I.E. after gym 8, since you get ditto + destiny knot, hence using debug just saved hours of time and did not give me anything that I could not get legit).

But yeah, the game is totally possible on set mode without hacking in OP mons like Honedge. I think doing what you are doing defeats the point of a challenge run, but at the end of the day it is a single player game, so you can do whatever floats your boat. 

Yeah i agree with the people above, debugging EV or even IV is kinda acceptable cuz its basically a time game, meaning you can reach the ideal IV by hunting and resetting that mon over and over and getting EV by fight pkmn with the corresponding EV that you wish (Imagine killing 252 Pidgey for speed EV for 1 pokemon), the whole thing is very time consuming hence why we use debug to speed up the process.

But to Debug Pokemon or Item that you cannot reach at that time of the game is kinda bad practice, i mean the point of it all is to give you a challenge while using limited choice of pokemon and item, It's a different story if you debug mon for challenge run such as monotype run or debugging mystery egg, in the specific case of monotype we just debug starter pokemon which type is not accessible as a starter, for example Ice type or electric type and complete the run normally from there.

its definitely possible to complete it on normal set mode, i manage to complete it multiple times in Intense Monotype run(Set Mode and No Item), there are even some crazy guy that manage too complete an Intense Nuzlocke run of this game  (which also Set mode with no item)

21 hours ago, fellowry said:

Yeah i agree with the people above, debugging EV or even IV is kinda acceptable cuz its basically a time game, meaning you can reach the ideal IV by hunting and resetting that mon over and over and getting EV by fight pkmn with the corresponding EV that you wish (Imagine killing 252 Pidgey for speed EV for 1 pokemon), the whole thing is very time consuming hence why we use debug to speed up the process.

But to Debug Pokemon or Item that you cannot reach at that time of the game is kinda bad practice, i mean the point of it all is to give you a challenge while using limited choice of pokemon and item, It's a different story if you debug mon for challenge run such as monotype run or debugging mystery egg, in the specific case of monotype we just debug starter pokemon which type is not accessible as a starter, for example Ice type or electric type and complete the run normally from there.

its definitely possible to complete it on normal set mode, i manage to complete it multiple times in Intense Monotype run(Set Mode and No Item), there are even some crazy guy that manage too complete an Intense Nuzlocke run of this game  (which also Set mode with no item)

That is pretty much my exact reason for using debug mode. Like why would I spend 2 hours per Pokemon on getting them to max IV/Good nature, when I could instead just spend a few minutes... It's not like it is saving me in game resources or anything, the only cost for breeding is 100 money each time you remove a Pokemon, that is it. You would likely only spend a thousand or so per mon, which can be easily gotten by fighting some breeders or something. Technically there is the nurse that can do it for a disgusting amount of money, but you can just breed for way cheaper, so the point still stands...

• Like 1