The gender of Adrienn..?

Conkeldurp

Heyho durps,

Its been a while and I have a question regarding the evolution-biological properties about ... xyr?!

EDIT: Disclaimer! the question explicitly excludes the terms of sexual identity, as that is a lot more sensible of a topic. If you feel offended, please feel free to express yourself, as my non nativeness to English could cause some unwanted implications in the question ahead.

Do you know:

is Adrienn as a non-binary gender:

1. able to change gender between male/female. 

2. unable to 'mate' with either gender.

3. able to 'mate' with every gender.

thanks in advance :) 

Trying (and probably failing) to be blunt but hopefully not rude:

A. We don't know, and probably never will.

B. It should not (and does not) matter, because in the end xe is still nonbinary regardless.

C. There are many people who are born under the binary but don't identify in the binary (hi yes hello), so assuming those are the only three options is incorrect and also rude.

D. Don't equate somebody's gender identity to their, uh, "mating" capabilities, that's also incorrect and rude.

• Like 5

Eloquent Liar said it all, but may I suggest you to go read some of this website articles (this one, for example) regarding gender and sexuality since the definitions you put in parentheses don't fit the words you used? :)

(if you're not interested that's okay, but people that fall under the non-binary umbrella might find your post a bit rude so, just in case.)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Z64 said:

i'm gonna assume this question was asked in good faith but that's.. a really strange way to ask about that 

I want to believe op is genuinely curious about it, but still... Even if this wasn't about Adrienn, straight up asking about someone's "mating capabilities" is kinda... intrusive? So let's just leave it at that. Adrienn is perfect as xe is

9 hours ago, Eloquent Liar said:

Trying (and probably failing) to be blunt but hopefully not rude:

A. We don't know, and probably never will.

B. It should not (and does not) matter, because in the end xe is still nonbinary regardless.

C. There are many people who are born under the binary but don't identify in the binary (hi yes hello), so assuming those are the only three options is incorrect and also rude.

D. Don't equate somebody's gender identity to their, uh, "mating" capabilities, that's also incorrect and rude.

thanks for your responses, everyone. And yes, the question was asked in a good faith and what is more important I think, with biological curiosity (edited the question).

As of now im reading a book about the evolution of sex.

in the book the author pointed out, that having only 2 genders (for mating purposes) is in of itself not efficent, as 50% of the population are ruled out as potential mating partners.

The idea of a third gender (again Im not talking about sexual identification but the mating propositions) would induce a very curious dynamic the the process of human evolution... but I guess I went a bit to far with those assumptions.

So thanks again and hopefully you take this thread with a grain of salt.