Best steel types available until Badge 7 [Angie]

Metagro

So I'm struggling HARD on Angie. Even though I'm playing on easy, i have a lot of fire mons on my team that do basically nothing to her ridiculous overpowered stinky setup. I know a lot of mons got reshuffled. What is basically the best steel type we have available so far i.e. until Badge 7 territory. I need to get rid of that ninetales before it sets up Aurora Veil. Or even after whatever. I think a fast and hard steel type is what I need.

13 minutes ago, Metagro said:

So I'm struggling HARD on Angie. Even though I'm playing on easy, i have a lot of fire mons on my team that do basically nothing to her ridiculous overpowered stinky setup. I know a lot of mons got reshuffled. What is basically the best steel type we have available so far i.e. until Badge 7 territory. I need to get rid of that ninetales before it sets up Aurora Veil. Or even after whatever. I think a fast and hard steel type is what I need.

The only one I know,for now, is Klink in East Gearen, in the fields, like normal Pokèmon (Patrat, Bidoof, ...). I found one randomically. Maybe a Link Heart will help you with a Karrablast, but I don't know where you can catch one.

Edited by S7rife

In the safari zone you can get copparajah which is probably the best steel type available up to this point. If you want something fast theres also alolan dugtrio from goldenwood but it probably wouldnt hit hard enough to ohko any of her mons. Forretress is also available in goldenwood but it has pretty bad spdef and im not sure it would help you that much against angie. I beat angie a couple days ago on intense and what you really want are a steel type or two and some fighting types. Hariyama is fantastic since it has thicc fat and learns both fake out and close combat at that point. You can also get sawk from sheridan village and it will have brick break for the aurora veil and close combat as well. The glaceon (with crest) is weak only to steel so you really need to save your steel types for that. Honestly might sound silly, but Hariyama can put in so much work vs her that i'd recommend having two of them vs her. 

okay so i found this out by accident when i fought here last. her terrain is a mixed of an ice and dark terrain, so when she uses here ice type moves, they get a added dark type. Because of this, both inceneroar(the bridge between west and east Gareen) and houndoom(given by karina when you help her in amethyst cave) can completely wall her ice moves so long as you watch out for coverage, with snarl on houndoom, you can cripple here special attackers to.. AND dark type moves get boosted as well so that's something to take note of. Also, if you complete all the sidequests in kokori, you'll gain access to a small island in the safari zone were you can catch Magneton/Magnemite, and they can learn flash cannon naturally before your current level cap and their electric moves can deal with her ice/water types (UNLESS they changed it from in the current version)

17 hours ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

okay so i found this out by accident when i fought here last. her terrain is a mixed of an ice and dark terrain, so when she uses here ice type moves, they get a added dark type. Because of this, both inceneroar and houndoom can completely wall her ice moves so long as you watch out for coverage, with snarl on houndoom, you can cripple here special attackers to.. AND dark type moves get boosted as well so that's something to take note of. Also, if you complete all the sidequests in kokori, you'll gain access to a small island in the safari zone were you can catch Magneton/Magnemite, and they can learn flash cannon naturally before your current level cap and their electric moves can deal with her ice/water types (UNLESS they changed it from in the current version)

Its true that her terrain is a mix of ice and dark (ice and dark are both boosted), but her ice moves do not gain an added dark type. I fought her with multiple fighting types and they did not resist

any of her ice attacks. 

2 hours ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

okay so i found this out by accident when i fought here last. her terrain is a mixed of an ice and dark terrain, so when she uses here ice type moves, they get a added dark type. Because of this, both inceneroar(the bridge between west and east Gareen) and houndoom(given by karina when you help her in amethyst cave) can completely wall her ice moves so long as you watch out for coverage, with snarl on houndoom, you can cripple here special attackers to.. AND dark type moves get boosted as well so that's something to take note of. Also, if you complete all the sidequests in kokori, you'll gain access to a small island in the safari zone were you can catch Magneton/Magnemite, and they can learn flash cannon naturally before your current level cap and their electric moves can deal with her ice/water types (UNLESS they changed it from in the current version)

I don't know if you started at V13, but there was even a Bronzor in Chrysalis Manor, which is good for defense. About the field. Pay attention, if I remember well, some moves like Eruption can destroy this field. But the move "Cold Truth" can remade it. I remember in one of my previous games using a Fire move and the field was destroyed.

2 hours ago, 7ravens said:

Its true that her terrain is a mix of ice and dark (ice and dark are both boosted), but her ice moves do not gain an added dark type. I fought her with multiple fighting types and they did not resist

any of her ice attacks. 

2 hours ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

I checked up the Field Effect Manual:

-Ice and Dark Type moves got boosts  (1,5 and 1,2%)

-Fire Type moves are weakened to 0,5%

-Moves like Surf, Hydro Pump or Muddy Water gain a Ice sub-Type;

-Moves like Eruption, Blast Burn, Inferno or Flame Burst (Charizard or Houndoom can have it, if I'm not wrong) can turn this field into Dimensional Field (Rif Pokemon)

-Snarl lowers Special Attack by 2, so it's boosted.

Plus, Aurora Veil can be activated without hail.

It's in the game files, if you want to check more.

Angie made me go back and train a new pokemon after realizing my strategy wouldn't work. I was going by her team on the guide and did not expect to see what she actually had. Idk about for casual or intense, but in normal she uses

Arctovish (slush rush)

Jynx (with a focus sash and fake-out smh)

Beartic (slush rush)

Crabominable

Rotom-Frost

Walrein

and thankfully only the first two she sends out try to set up aurora veil. I read this thread before trying this fight so I did use a pyukumuku. You mention steel pokemon in the topic, so I went to find a bullet punch (steel priority) user, and the best one for me was a pangoro. That alone beat Jynx, Arctovish, and Crabominable. Pyukumuku beat Rotom-F and Walrein with toxic stall next to an Obstagoon, who was literally the only reason I could win. His snarl and obstruct combo helped me keep pyukumuku from being bullied. So, for me less about steel types but more about dealing with that speed. I wanted pyukumuku to get rid of the field with purify, and that was cool at first, but I gave up on it after I saw how much offensive pressure she uses. Plus the moment you stop applying pressure back, she goes for screens. Instead of trying to break them, I just broke the screen users before they could set up. Took me forever. 

On 7/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, Metagro said:

Mawile dude. I'm not there yet but when i played V12, i nearly swept her with it.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:41 PM, firestrikex79 said:

I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right area. Is it here?359974218_ScreenShot2021-07-25at4_40_18PM.thumb.png.357a6e7bac19ddea35370fb87bb0d09e.png

Yeah that should be it. You used to be able to catch heracross here at 1% encounter rate but I think the pre-evolution of copperajah replaced it as the 1% encounter rate. You can also get oranguru at hulu meadow and it learns trick room naturally at lvl 50 i believe. Getting a trick room up with copperajah and another slow fighting/rock/steel type under it is a super consistent way to take down angie.