how far is the story at this point

Axchr73

5 hours ago, Axchr73 said:

just wondering how far the story is

and is gen 8 mons already in-game

Gen 8 mons won't be in the game until next version, which is the one currently in progress, and will be in the game then. That should come out within the next twelve months unless something goes horribly wrong. By badges/version number, we're 75% done, but I don't know what that is in units of content. (Some gym badges have more content between badges than others, I expect this pattern to continue.) There's a lot of content already, though, so outside of "I'm waiting for gen 8 mons to come out", I don't think there's any real reason not to start now.

51 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Sweet. Will those of us who didn't begin with V13 still be able to obtain the Gen 8 starters?

Several starters are already available as encounters in the game.  I'd imagine they plan to do the same for the gen 8 starters eventually, but we have no guarantee atm that any of them will be world encounters in v13.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Calentz said:

Several starters are already available as encounters in the game.  I'd imagine they plan to do the same for the gen 8 starters eventually, but we have no guarantee atm that any of them will be world encounters in v13.

I think you won't be able to get Grookey easily because of its very powerful hidden ability(Grassy Surge). It will probably be an encounter very late in the game. Scorbunny is also quite good, but Sobble is just okay.