Second Garbodor fight - Why? Why make this so impossible?

Reddington

All of my Pokemon are level 60, yet my attacks barely do anything to Garbodor - especially since he heals with the field.  I love how long this game is, ad I love most of the battles, but Jan is an idiot when it comes to certain fights.  Seriously, how are my level 60 - 6 Pokemon - unable to do anything against a level 50?  Pokemon is supposed to be fun, not aggravating, not making you soft reset 100 times to try and win.

• Developers
21 minutes ago, Reddington said:

All of my Pokemon are level 60, yet my attacks barely do anything to Garbodor - especially since he heals with the field.  I love how long this game is, ad I love most of the battles, but Jan is an idiot when it comes to certain fights.  Seriously, how are my level 60 - 6 Pokemon - unable to do anything against a level 50?  Pokemon is supposed to be fun, not aggravating, not making you soft reset 100 times to try and win.

I understand your frustration, but being needlessly rude isn't going to help anyone. 

I'm not even in charge of battles and haven't been for a while

That being said, I agree that the Garbodor fight is one of the more irritating fights in the game, and as a result,  we took a look at in V13 and made it a lot more bearable from then on.

Well i guess it could be difficult if you fight it without any strategy but its not impossible (also, no need to be rude. its okay to be frustrated but no need to call someone an idiot even though you're the one struggling).

There are many strategy you could use for this battle. For me, i just used screech and earthquake twice.

it took me 2 try to beat the lv 66 garbodor.  

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 8:19 PM, Reddington said:

Have you even tried with Shedinja against Rift Garbodor? There's 100% chance that you will regret saying that earlier. 😠

58 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

Have you even tried with Shedinja against Rift Garbodor? There's 100% chance that you will regret saying that earlier. 😠

except you're locked out of any place that isn't west gearen until you beat garbodor lol

On 12/18/2020 at 7:19 PM, Reddington said:

sounds like bitch boy talk to me lmao

On 12/31/2020 at 12:08 AM, SadMoney said:

This wasn't a particularly difficult fight.

- Set up (quiver dance, bulk up etc.)

- curse, burn, leech seed

- perish song

- screech, metal sound

Straight up just attacking rift pokemom often is a poor strat

It is also possible to defeat Rift Garbodor with Destiny Bond.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:19 AM, Reddington said:

I think the Garbodor was really really slow, so there remains a lot of strategies you can use against it. If you think that fight was hard wait till you meet a certain Gardevoir