[Theory] 10 Characters that could have a grim fate in Episode 19

Q-Jei

Nice observations concerning the player character. It surely is still mysterious, and it'd finally make for a game in which the whole "you're no ordinary trainer, are you!!" comes back all the way round.
There are also implications that the events are of a cyclical nature, though I've seen enough of that kind of story in the past decade. Post-game might be a "what-if".

I was expecting to see Titania on that list somewhere, given that she's been a big source of misery for at least 50% of her supposed high school clique
(Julia still seems very "shallow" (as in, -actually- untroubled too much?!) in comparison to the other three, which just might be her exact thing all the way through to the end? it's telling they haven't had any actual interaction yet),
and 50% of the time killed someone specific in blind rage, and 100% of the time killed a lot of people in blind rage,
and there could be some sort of "atonement" (she's not particularly blind to what she does, but it'd be disingenious character development, since she's already been moving... somewhere into a whole other direction) for the folks who appear like they actually should be her friends (yet she could manage to cut them down one by one somehow), in one of those heated moments in which she just seems to falter in. It's still her turn to really do something "good", a flicker that there's an actual heart beneath the steel.
...though I'm sure the most likely scenario is that she'll find a way to blame everything on everyone else and then skedaddle the hell out of there cuz it's just "too much trouble" to actually work things out.

Solaris/Taka (if both still alive) might be in a position to show just that. Though I'm afraid one of them will pay with their life for it, or both independently, though that'd wipe out the genetic line of known guardians (where's El been at?).
Solaris stands strongly behind his viewpoints, yet as his ways cost him everything and don't work on top of that, I see him as the type of character that can really think things through to another end.
If Sirius doesn't simply turn off the lights for him, I can totally see him getting through.
(...There's actually an odd point about him not directly related to surviving, that is, when you meet him when freeing Victoria underneath the Grand Stairway.
I faintly remember his dialogue implying/saying that he'd be cool with everyone knowing about the holy site, that the player should even tell people about it.
That's an idea he never seemed to have tried? Like, just go to city managament, "Hey, there's this awesome Arceus temple down there, I'm in the bloodline of its protectors, don't do dumb shit (again), and we good".
Given that the late city management could have been expected to be quite cool with it... It's certainly nothing the story was ever meant to consider, but with all the animosity he creates, it feels like he missed out on some steps to reach his goal in better ways. Then again, actually talking to people has always been frowned upon by humans, it's just better to insult them and kick them out of places you perceive to belong to you, etc.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If it happens to Fern doesn't that count as a happy ending? Same with Sigmund, Sirius, Zero, or Solaris.

The player can't die during the events of the game, because if they did there wouldn't be a point in doing a post-game. Bit hard to take part in the Battle Tower or chase down the legendaries if you die or blink out of existence.

2 hours ago, wcv said:

The player can't die during the events of the game, because if they did there wouldn't be a point in doing a post-game.

The PC might be resurrected. We've already been on the other side during the glass factory events.

How cool would it be if Sirius and the MC meet in Ep 19 but Sirius doesn't even try to fight the MC in a Pokemon. Instead he directly tries to burn the MC away with Chandelure but....huge plot twist Lin comes out of nowhere and finishes off Sirius herself. She might have caught on that Sirius wants Meteor and/or power/the new world all for himself and decided to rid of him. And then she carries on what she has planned for Ep 19, lol. 

Isn't Samuel Olaris the true leader of Meteor? Lin joined one day, quickly climbed through the ranks and then seized the position of leader. If I recall correctly, Eclipse in the meteor base (on the way to Calcenon) was the one who told us this.

Also, I'm glad Cain is nowhere on this list.

I like your reasoning of Anna's anecdote about the meteor and the light within the MC. As much as it suggests that it may be about the MC disappearing after "saving" Reborn, I'm not sure that will be the case. I can't recall if you've ever told me you played Rejuvenation before, but if you have:

Spoiler

Just in case you accidentally clicked on this 😛 

Spoiler

Adrienn in Neo Gearen tells the MC that they remind xem of the Champion of Reborn, which highly suggests the MC of Reborn lives on and becomes Champion of Reborn.

If you haven't, please do not click on this spoiler tag; it is a big spoiler. 

Plus, as implied by wcv earlier, Ame and Cass wouldn't be working so hard right now on Ep 19 and Post game if the MC meets a grievous ending.

• Like 3

On 2/23/2020 at 3:54 PM, InsanityPrison said:

Taka does state in toumaline desert that even if you made your decision of whether or not to fight him, he'll be killed either by the good guys or by lin's forces so he's aware that he's going to die whether its on screen or off screen.

That's right! He actually seems to accept that he can't escape a dilemma. After we beat him in the desert, he says that it's probably the last time we have to deal with him, which must indicate that he's not willing to stay among the Meteors anymore. However, I doubt he would be killed deliberately by the good guys. For example, I'm sure Titania would have never stabbed Taka from behind if this armor didn't have a helmet, and even more since he made sure that Amaria was alright in the Water Treatment Center. Consequently, if Taka had to die on the Zekrom Route, his executioner is certainly more likely to be a member of Team Meteor.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:06 PM, wcv said:

If it happens to Fern doesn't that count as a happy ending? Same with Sigmund, Sirius, Zero, or Solaris.

The player can't die during the events of the game, because if they did there wouldn't be a point in doing a post-game. Bit hard to take part in the Battle Tower or chase down the legendaries if you die or blink out of existence.

Even if it hurts to see people die, in the end, it would definitely erase any chance for Team Meteor to be reformed, exception made for those who don't fully pledge their loyalty to the organization or had different reasons to join them, like Taka, Sigmund, Simon, and possibly El too. Also, as Egzample stated, it's highly possible for the player to be resurrected, and I bet you anything that Anna will have a special role to play to bring us back among the living. All this to say, I would like to use this opportunity to focus on Jirachi's biology for a moment. As many of us know, Jirachi has the particularity of hibernating for extensive periods and can fight while it's asleep. It can awaken for seven days every thousand years, but can also wake up at any time if you sing to it in a voice of purity. There's also a legend stating that Jirachi will make true any wish that is written on one of the three notes attached to head when it awakens. And due to only having three tags, Jirachi can only grant three wishes. As a result, if we admit that Anna already used her Jirachi once in order to distort the course of history, so that could explain some additional things. If she really sided up with Fern in the previous timeline, so she must be well aware of what we have to deal with, since that would probably mean that we're gonna take Fern's place and witness similar events such as the assault at Pyrous Mountain with Solaris' Garchomp. If we defeat Solaris, we probably spare one tag on Jirachi's head, so that could be a bonus for Anna if she intended to resurrect more than one people. And this could also explain why she's so anxious when we are on the Reshiram Route as we lost against Solaris during our first match against him: she would be forced to use Jirachi's second tag and arrange to prevent another forthcoming death to happen as soon as the battle ends or something like that, and will find herself back on a wall if she discovers that Taka is dead in the same timeline. She will then realize that we are in an inextricable situation if two people are fated to disappear or die since there won't be enough tag left or unused on Nostra's head to save them both. And the reason why she could be informed so easily about our various actions like Taka's death on the Reshiram Route or our victory on Mount Pyrous might be made possible thanks to another means. Anna's only known power so far is to see things that we can't see, as if she was blessed by something divine or celestial, so she could see the unseen and have a different vision of Reborn world in a parallel timeline. But to undertake a mission consisting in saving the world, she shouldn't have done everything on her own. She must inevitably have partners for it. And here comes one of the potential partners: the lady in black and red suit. There was probably a normal person before by the side of Radomus’ daughter. A person of goodwill who ended up undergoing abrupt changes, and this in exchange of supernatural power. All this to become one of Anna's most precious confident. And still, this person must have been someone very trustworthy to her even before the changes occurred. And this same unknown person eventually gave birth to the ghostly Gym Leader TTar appreciates so much: Shade. Maybe Shade is a sort of worshiper to Anna, so she could be informed more easily of all the facts and actions of the player to make sure that Reborn could be saved once and for all without any fatality encountered in the process. All in all, that could explain why Shade and Anna both gain relationship points at the same time. Moreover, having some extra tags left on Nostra's head could be a major advantage for us when we'll have to deal with crucial events such as our battle against Lin or the destruction of the Arc-PULSE. Who knows? But hey, it's also very probable that I'm wrong from the beginning, and Ame must certainly eat popcorn while she's laughing at me and this big pile of shaky assumptions.

• Upvote 1

Overall, you make very good points. I never thought "azure hair" could apply to Amaria, but I suppose it fits in the appropriate timeline. I can't say I am too pleased with your hit list (please, anyone but Noel... or Shelly, or Laura, or Heather, or anyone else under 21-- that's the age under which you really shouldn't be fighing a war, right). 

You provided a good rebuttal for the "no postgame without a living PC" argument, as they could be resurrected somehow (I really wouldn't be thrilled if that were the case). The Rejuv argument doesn't convince me either (IIRC Jan doesn't work on Reborn, so I doubt they actually asked Ame if the PC would be living through the game). Still, the PC finally succumbing to the overwhelming odds stacked against them doesn't feel right to me, even though I can't explain it. Probably just wishful thinking, especially since the Void thing (nobody bothered explaining what it was, though an actual back hole doesn't let people out intact). 

2 hours ago, SilverAngelus said:

Isn't Samuel Olaris the true leader of Meteor? Lin joined one day, quickly climbed through the ranks and then seized the position of leader. If I recall correctly, Eclipse in the meteor base (on the way to Calcenon) was the one who told us this.

Terrorist organizations don't work like... Star Wars or Doctor Who story corpora (that's a pretty stupid comparison, but it's funnier than a lot of others). There isn't a "true" or "false" leader. All the power is, at every instant, up for grabs. Solaris wasn't anymore in control in Meteor the second he let Lin disrespect him or Sirius recruiting people on his own.    

2 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

For example, I'm sure Titania would have never stabbed Taka from behind if this armor didn't have a helmet, and even more since he made sure that Amaria was alright in the Water Treatment Center. Consequently, if Taka had to die on the Zekrom Route, his executioner is certainly more likely to be a member of Team Meteor.

Titania stabbed Taka from behind because for some unexplained reason, he put on a helmet and made himself undistinguishable from Lin (whom she knew was running around, wanting the bracelets and threatening her). And he knew firsthand (well, almost) that Titania had no issue whatsoever with killing Meteors (it's almost a shame she didn't slaughter the whole assaut team in the Fiore Mansion). 

2 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

Even if it hurts to see people die, in the end, it would definitely erase any chance for Team Meteor to be reformed, exception made for those who don't fully pledge their loyalty to the organization or had different reasons to join them, like Taka, Sigmund, Simon, and possibly El too. 

It's sad to say, but with such, um, toxic higher management, there seems to be little hope for Team Meteor to be reformed from within. They function more like an enabling ring, normalizing even the most heinous actions (the assault on Tanzan Cove being one of the most clear-cut, morally speaking, showoffs in the game). Look at Simon: Tara's loss broke him down, but he can't acknowledge the reality of what they, what he did. The best we can hope for is probably that the PC brings a bunch of sane therapists from afar and put them to work with the former (and still living) members.

I do agree with how sad it is about people dying. Fern or Blake dying, for instance, no matter how much one feels they got it coming, would shatter the "good guys" Florinia and Cal, in their slow and uncertain path towards sanity. I believe that Radomus and Bennett's actions mandate a slow and excruciating death, but these would destroy respectively the twins and Serra and Laura (and by extension unbalance even more the other Belrose sisters).  Zero and Sirius have more than earned a similar death, but that would accomplish nothing. Just add more pain to the world. 

Anyway, nice idea with the Jirachi. It seems a bit far-fetched, but it provides an explanation for her words. The only thing that confuses me is that when you defeat Solaris on Mount Pyreous, literally nothing changes to the story. Except later, but there isn't a wish-worthy consequence to failing on Mount Pyreous.     

Edited by Mindlack

13 hours ago, Kenneth said:

Fern and Florinia do have a "dead" value already, in the Debug menu.

I believe those two are the most avid candidates to croak.

I asked about those on Discord a while back; that was dead variables. Those were meant to be Fern and Florinia (and Eve and Hardy)'s relationship point variables but some other unidentifiable source was messing with them so they couldn't be used.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Egzample said:

The PC might be resurrected. We've already been on the other side during the glass factory events.

That wouldn’t really count though since you’d still be alive at the end of Episode 19. And it’s not good for drama in any case for death to be something you can walk off.

Then again, Us the player dying, seems extremely plausible.

In other videogames, that is the case, as well. Bioshock 2, for example. Speaking of which, trainer card makers do have a big daddy/little sister sprite even, lol!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wcv said:

That wouldn’t really count though since you’d still be alive at the end of Episode 19. And it’s not good for drama in any case for death to be something you can walk off.

I'm not saying it would be good, I'm saying it may happen, even though I don't think so. I think we can expect Sirius and/or Solaris to die, we will be revealed what kind of creation is Lin, Zero may lose his mind completely. I dont think Fern or Florinia will die, but I cant wait to see their clash.

I bet Anna, because given her powers as a psychic and being blessed with a power like Lin perhaps, this would made her a big threat towards Team Meteor. Even if Anna didn't "saw" her aura, what if Lin was aware about the girl's power and her ability to "reset" Reborn according to the prophecy. I would imagine, that Lin might need her "other half" to be complet in absolute power, so she could try to kidnap Anna and use her against us. 

Another candidates would be Eve and Lumi getting discovered by Team Meteor and Zero, to prevent them to tell any secrets about the PULSE Machines. During a struggle Lumi get accidentally killed and Eve losing her mind complet and goes crazy to kill and destroy everything around, since she created the Pulse Machines in first place to heal her little sister. But with everything in vain and being left alone, Eve could be consumed by guilt and pain, so she decided to use PULSE Machine against Team Meteor. She'll be emotionless and unstoppable in her rage, because of the hardships thanks to Zero. Or she'll kill herself, because there's no reason to live for, when everything you holded dear is forever gone.

And Zero will have the most painful death recieved by Eve, because he firstly discovered her and being interreacly responsible for the creation of ZEL and giving Team Meoter their weapon.

Edited by Evi Crystal

I really hope that Taka does not die on Zekrom Route. Not just because he's one of my favorites, but especially because it'd feel kind of like invalidating the player's choice. Sure, there's other stuff the decision influences, but... My main reason for fighting Taka was "I don't want him to get hurt, which means nobody in Meteor can know he helped us." So, if he dies no matter what I do, it'd kind of invalidate the whole "Your actions have consequences" thing. Now, sure, "You can't save him no matter what" is a trope that's often used in darker pieces of fiction, but it doesn't feel right for this situation in particular.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 12:52 AM, Mindlack said:

Anyway, nice idea with the Jirachi. It seems a bit far-fetched, but it provides an explanation for her words. The only thing that confuses me is that when you defeat Solaris on Mount Pyreous, literally nothing changes to the story. Except later, but there isn't a wish-worthy consequence to failing on Mount Pyreous.     

In fact, there might actually be a valid reason for Anna to make a wish if we fail on Mount Pyrous, even though it seems a bit far-fetched, I admit it. Assuming that we are the strongest among Cain and Victoria, if we lose, we don't have any Pokemon in shape to protect us, so Solaris could easily finish us off at this point, which is more unlikely to happen if we beat him. He will say himself that there's no point in continuing after that, so his will to delete us will probably wane if we win.

On 2/24/2020 at 12:52 AM, Mindlack said:

Terrorist organizations don't work like... Star Wars or Doctor Who story corpora (that's a pretty stupid comparison, but it's funnier than a lot of others). There isn't a "true" or "false" leader. All the power is, at every instant, up for grabs. Solaris wasn't anymore in control in Meteor the second he let Lin disrespect him or Sirius recruiting people on his own.

Indeed, seizure of power and strength accumulation seem to be two major elements that make Team Meteor what it is now. Additionally, my other impression on this subject is that from the moment Lin joined Team Meteor, things had progressively turned more shady for Solaris. It's as if his organization began to rot from within since he allowed someone more powerful than him to join his ranks. And it would not surprise me if Team Meteor's leadership was credited under the law of the strongest in the end. Which is why Sirius will not be the ruler instead of Solaris. Well... at least, he won't be for a long time if this had to happen (Wink at you, Lin).

20 hours ago, Evi Crystal said:

I bet Anna, because given her powers as a psychic and being blessed with a power like Lin perhaps, this would made her a big threat towards Team Meteor. Even if Anna didn't "saw" her aura, what if Lin was aware about the girl's power and her ability to "reset" Reborn according to the prophecy. I would imagine, that Lin might need her "other half" to be complet in absolute power, so she could try to kidnap Anna and use her against us.

I do agree with you about Lin being a potential threat for Anna. Indeed, Anna wasn't able to see Lin when the latter was riding on Hydreigon above Tanzan Mountain, which doesn't mean Lin can't see Anna either. However, I doubt Lin would try to kidnap her. I think she would rather try to steal Nostra instead. After all, she already managed to pilfer two Pokemon from her enemies and forced them to abide by her rule: Ame's Ninetales and Gossip Gardevoir. What would prevent her from continuing? Also, Lin would probably not steal Jirachi simply to get more power, since she appears to already have the power of a God herself. At least, that's a thing we can assume when she summons the pile of dark material in the entrails of Agate City underwater while stating that only a God has the ability to create things from nothing. It would make more sense for Lin to steal Anna's Jirachi to strip Radomus' daughter of her ability to make wishes. That being said, it remains to be seen if she's aware of what the little girl is capable of.

20 hours ago, Evi Crystal said:

And Zero will have the most painful death recieved by Eve, because he firstly discovered her and being interreacly responsible for the creation of ZEL and giving Team Meoter their weapon.

Nah, there would be no point for a child to kill someone in any way. As Mindlack stipulated, it would just add more pain to the world. People like Eve and Lumi would certainly prefer making him prisoner if they had the opportunity to do that. However, Zero risks to have a hard time with his superiors since he would be held responsible for almost all the failing attempts concerning the protection of the PULSE machines he once built.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:20 AM, Kenneth said:

Then again, Us the player dying, seems extremely plausible.

In other videogames, that is the case, as well. Bioshock 2, for example. Speaking of which, trainer card makers do have a big daddy/little sister sprite even, lol!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon deserves a mention too 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/24/2020 at 3:38 AM, Q-Jei said:

And this same unknown person eventually gave birth to the ghostly Gym Leader TTar appreciates so much: Shade.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Shade is the former Yureyu President? 'Cuz the sprite makes me think he must have been the prez himself as he could have been caught in the earthquakes and turned into what is known as Shade. (Team Meteor would try to kill him to get rid of Yureyu forever.)

12 hours ago, Lost Swordsman said:

But the player could've been killed by Garchomp like Kiki. The wish probably prevents that.

That doesn’t seem to make sense. Either way, as you look at the overworld sprites, story-wise, the Garchomp is unharmed or barely harmed (Solaris must have had a Max Revive or something).

Even if we took down the Garchomp, Solaris has five Pokemon just as strong, any of which is able to effortlessly kill the player (or anyone on the volcano for that matter). It’s absurd if he decides to kill us if we lose (and thus get incinerated in the imminent eruption regardless), but spare us if we win (ie are more dangerous to his plans). 

On 2/27/2020 at 1:16 AM, Mindlack said:

That doesn’t seem to make sense. Either way, as you look at the overworld sprites, story-wise, the Garchomp is unharmed or barely harmed (Solaris must have had a Max Revive or something).

Even if we took down the Garchomp, Solaris has five Pokemon just as strong, any of which is able to effortlessly kill the player (or anyone on the volcano for that matter). It’s absurd if he decides to kill us if we lose (and thus get incinerated in the imminent eruption regardless), but spare us if we win (ie are more dangerous to his plans). 

And yet, it's as if Solaris was actually someone who knew how to recognize those who are able to compete with him in terms of strength. He claims himself that this battle doesn't have any importance if you win, probably because the eruption will do the job instead of him. Anyway, the proof lies in his own words:

Solaris: Hmph. There's no point in continuing.

Cain: What do you mean, "no point"? It's a battle!

Solaris: It's inconsequential.

Note that the dialogue above only shows up if you beat Solaris. Conversely, all the allies around you will be flabbergasted by your failure, since they all had in mind that you were more a beast than they are. As a result, your level of protection will fall down to zero. Anything can happen to you from the moment you don't have Pokemon up to keep fighting, and Solaris can effortlessly delete you like he said before the start of the battle. Apart from that, I, too, believe that he used a Revive to resurrect Garchomp, even though nothing in the game will indicate it explicitly.

3 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

And yet, it's as if Solaris was actually someone who knew how to recognize those who are able to compete with him in terms of strength. He claims himself that this battle doesn't have any importance if you win, probably because the eruption will do the job instead of him. Anyway, the proof lies in his own words:

Solaris: Hmph. There's no point in continuing.

Cain: What do you mean, "no point"? It's a battle!

Solaris: It's inconsequential.

Note that the dialogue above only shows up if you beat Solaris. Conversely, all the allies around you will be flabbergasted by your failure, since they all had in mind that you were more a beast than they are. As a result, your level of protection will fall down to zero. Anything can happen to you from the moment you don't have Pokemon up to keep fighting, and Solaris can effortlessly delete you like he said before the start of the battle.

That’s a good interpretation, but I think it’s incomplete. 

Look at what happens before the battle (the quotes aren’t literal, obviously, but iirc the idea is there): 

Heroes: “stop right here, you’re evil and we’re heroes so we will thwart you.”

Solaris: “Wow, I am totally not impressed.”

Heroes: “Well, go get beat up by [PC] and we’ll talk then.”

Solaris: “[PC]? I will not need more than a single Pokemon to delete them.”

Meaning he probably hasn’t only Garchomp. Our (hypothetical) victory is “inconsequential”, not only because the eruption is going to happen very soon, but also because it results of a ”challenge” Solaris imposed to himself. 

Note also that Solaris inflicted really serious damages to Amaria while fleeing a battle he was losing. There is no question that he could kill us during a battle, whether or not he was losing, and Solaris knows we’re much weaker than Amaria. So he knows that, on the volcano, no matter how many Pokemon we still have, our actual protection level is negligible. 

The battle is inconsequential because both outcomes are identical for Solaris. Either way, he’s just as relatively strong, threatening and in control of the situation (especially with his, um, plant). 

• Like 1

Is it weird that I don't want Fern to die? I mean he IS a grasshole, and he did call the PC names, join Team Meteor, and yell at his sister. But is that really as bad as the things some of the other characters did? *cough* Lin and Sirius *cough* I really don't think he's that far from being able to be redeemed. I mean the only reason way he did that stuff is because he wants attention from the PC and Florinia.

But at the same time I'm afraid if he does have a change of heart, they're just going to kill him off. I've seen that happen too may times already to know. I mean that happened to Taka for Arceus' sake! So, it most likely will happen to Fern if he gets redeemed or helps the PC.

Edited by Lady Taria
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lady Taria said:

Is it weird that I don't want Fern to die? I mean he IS a grasshole, and he did call the PC names, join Team Meteor, and yell at his sister. But is that really as bad as the things some of the other characters did? *cough* Lin and Sirius *cough* I really don't think he's that far from being able to be redeemed. I mean the only reason way he did that stuff is because he wants attention from the PC and Florinia.

But at the same time I'm afraid if he is does change, they're just going to kill him off. I've seen that happen too may times already. I mean that happened to Taka for gosh sake! So, it most likely will happen to Fern if he gets redeemed or helps the PC.

I get what you mean. Personally I kinda understand his reasoning, because if you think about it, in the other timeline he was in the position of the PC, so he isn´t rotten to the core. Maybe the Fern from our timline felt, that the PC took something (the "Hero"role) that should belong to him and this clouded his mind and made him act like a grasshole towards the PC and when he saw that people like his sister support the PC his anger range expanded to them as well. In his search for power, that would help him to finally beat the PC and to reclaim what he lost, he joins Team Meteor as he sees them as his only chance to reach this goal. I don´t support his decisions, but I understand what drived him to this point and can´t be 100% mad at him, as there are persons who acted way more irrationally than Fern.

But as you and others said before, it is most likely, that the moment he realizes his own wrongdoings and tries to change, he either gets directly killed by Lin/Solaris/Sirius or sacrifices himself to atone for his sins and will tell the PC/Florina that he is sorry for everything with his last breaths.

But who knows, what Ame has in store for us 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 1:16 AM, Lady Taria said:

But at the same time I'm afraid if he does have a change of heart, they're just going to kill him off. I've seen that happen too may times already to know. I mean that happened to Taka for Arceus' sake! So, it most likely will happen to Fern if he gets redeemed or helps the PC.

Fern is clearly not the worst character of the game to me. The most irritating, sure, but not the worst. If we look back at what the main members of Team Member have done until now, he's far behind most of them in terms of evilness.

Solaris: Slaughtered Kiki at the top of Mount Pyrous and ordered his Tyranitar to attack Amaria in Blacksteam Factory, injuring her seriously in the process.

Zero: Imposed his rule to Eve and Lumi to create more PULSE machines for Team Meteor, and tied up Amaria and Rini in the Obsidia Park.

Sirius: Burnt down the manor of the Belrose family, murdered Corey's wife, and wiped out Eclipse's soul using his Chandelure.

Dr. Sigmund: Applied electro-convulsive therapy on his patients, and used electric attacks against his adversaries to bypass difficult battles.

Blake: Pushed Cal out of the mountain, trying to get rid of him, and kept Heather locked up in a cabin at the top of Ametrine Mountain.

Lin: No comment.

What Fern essentially did until now was picking on us. Sure, he refused to help us when we got trapped by the Nuzleaf tribe in Rhodochine Jungle, and called Corey a fool after he jumped off the Beryl Bridge. But he also gave us useful information when we defeated him, as was the case in the Grand Hall when we needed the key to venture in Byxbysion Wasteland, or in Route 1 when he told us about Vanhanen Castle. He enjoyed teasing us, but he never raised the hand on anyone so far. Honestly, I tend to compare him to Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter. In his current position, he's more a follower than a leader. And I would not be surprised if he came to switch side if ever things became too nefarious or dangerous to him as the story unfolds.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

Solaris: Slaughtered Kiki at the top of Mount Pyrous and ordered his Tyranitar to attack Amaria in Blacksteam Factory, injuring her seriously in the process.

Zero: Imposed his rule to Eve and Lumi to create more PULSE machines for Team Meteor, and tied up Amaria and Rini in the Obsidia Park.

Blake: Pushed Cal out of the mountain, trying to get rid of him, and kept Heather locked up in a cabin at the top of Ametrine Mountain.

I think you forgot some:

Solaris: had Grandview Station bombed, killing many people and completely sealing Reborn off its surroundings (ironical when his goal was to get the inhabitants to leave). Arranged for the lake to get hopelessly polluted, leaving (at the very least) thousands to rot slowly of disease, insufficient nutritution and slow poisoning. Tried to get a volcano to erupt to destroy Apophyll to the ground. I'm not sure, but I think he's the one behind the early-game PULSEs as well, who also did quite a toll on the city and the inhabitants.

Blake: while in charge for the a small isolated mountain town, arranged to lock all access to the city and withdrew all the food, letting the inhabitants to starve to death.

Zero: took of his own free will a deadly sick girl hostage to get her sister to do his bidding (although it's probably what you meant).

Spoiler

Also, that (insert expletive here) mind-controlled us, as well as Laura, Cain, Shelly -- (insert other foul expletive here) bug-guy was "only" an accomplice.

I do agree with your point about Fern not being evil, although I don't think there is going to be a "safe point" for him to turn back to the good side (not with Lin in control with Sirius as a second-in-command). I used to think his behavior deserved a suitable karmic punishment (something really not-cool, but otherwise harmless) but then I realized that's being petty.

Also, Fern as Draco Malfoy? I suppose that's a rather good comparison.