Cloneworks Unlimited First Quest: Lifetime Achievement Award

Hal Henderics

The soul-eating clone blinks. "Do what?" They glance down and notice the issue, which prompts a resounding shrug. "I was hungry," they state, as if this explained the entire thing. "You should try that too, I feel much better now." The clone continues to sniff about, looking for more metal to much on.

(4, 14) Psolomon finds that the surrounding rooms have... Things in them, and walls, and he's fairly certain that the rooms have floors in them as well.

(19, 16) Barkhasia's Dude finds that some sort of creature is sleeping on the bottommost floor, sending out a pulse of dense chi energy.

He also notices that the building... Is slowly sinking down.

Dragonrage's Dude makes a solemn oath.  Upon recovering Scantankerous Tim's Still, his power will surge.

"Oh I knew I could count on you boys.  The Scratchtoblerone is on the bottom floor, and so's my still!  The elevators still work I reckon!" he shouts, dashing towards the elevators in a full sprint that betrays his age, before waiting patiently for the group to be ready.

I look for weapons and find a meat tenderizer and a long knife made out of crystal.  Having acquired armaments, I fashion a shield from a cot, a mattress, and some blankets.  Now that I am armed and ready, I wait by the elevator to accompany my fellow clones once they are also ready.

I gather my case of knives and the jar to the office rooms of this building. Astonished at the gaping crater and the smoke coming out of it I return back to the elevator. I await my fellow clones with Scant and another wielding a shield.

After enduring harsh physical training, the block obsessed clone burps a little, and flops on down into the tunnel soul dug, keeping his arms ready to block anything coming that way, even the floor coming up to meet him.

The clone who liked to talk a lot began his own preparations for the task ahead of them -- first, he found one of the thin sheets of metal from the cots, and politely asked the clone that liked blocking to block for him, before wildly flailing the piece of metal at him for several moments until he'd kind of created a scrap metal cuirass that was super dented and not that good or comfortable, but that was at least armor. "Thank you for your aid, blocking clone." With thanks given, the clone sort of just hovered around the clone that ate metal, who was an absolute enigma. He simply could not understand why this other clone did what he did -- why eat his own chest sphere? Why eat metal? Were there not worthier things to take? Weren't you not supposed to eat metal? He did exercise his capacity to comprehend madness, sure, but this was a mystery to him.

He then screamed at the top of his fucking lungs for a couple of minutes before wandering over to the elevator with everybody else. "I believe that I have sufficiently practiced and prepared to pursue this encounter."

Soul, after choosing a name, refining their newfound talents, and creating a weapon - a ragged looking thing made of a jagged piece of metal and spare cabling - heads towards the elevator with the others. "Alright, I'm making my own way. I'm going to fight that thing now and then we can get Tim's still back and get out of here, or something." They then promptly located the nearest non-elevator source of metal and began quite literally eating their way downwards.

After practicing Card Tricks with a rock, wailing on the "Blok" clone for a little while to make a new weapon, and making a rope, the clone with the scrap sword notes feeling of the building shifting under them and decides to make a move

"Im going to see if I can rappel down the holes in the office. Maybe I can spot something useful. We will meet back up later. If it looks to dangerous down there, ill climb back up and just follow you guys"

Tie my cloth rope to the heaviest object or sturdiest looking structural object in the offices and start to gently work my way down to the lower floor, looking around at the floors and rooms around me as I go

Calyx Lamina would be his name. Yes indeed. He continued practicing meditation and what could be achieved through it as well as his experiments in cheese and metal and meta cheeses. 

He continued to go wait for his colleagues at the elevator. 

One of the yet-named clones steps out of the cot room and looks around, waving and mumbling at the mana pouring from his chest sphere.

After a while though he steps over to the elevator and heads down one floor looking around to see what there is on the second floor.

The Elevator shrieks as it slowly churns downward.

The Elevator opens, and several members of the gang cough at the smell of sulfur and other unsavory scents.

The heat is intense as they walk out, and realize that the entire floor has been consumed by magma, interspersed by platforms floating on the surface of the lava.

Green and Black fluids spill from the ceiling, cooling patches of magma and drippling into hissing puddles.

In the middle of the rocky room, an odd structure made of empty cans sits proudly, surrounded by bottles filled with clear fluid and eggs.

Fluid from the can-device drips onto one of the eggs, igniting in a burst of flames and making the egg shake slightly.

"Be careful me boyos, the Spangledangler could be anywhere!"

A bubble rises slowly up to the surface of the magma, the red liquid turning black as it cools and pops.

Calyx surveys the entire room for where they could step safely and where large amounts of the magma was. Before finally trying to find where the still could be and sending out another pulse of chi to sense out the Scantgobbler.

Sadly, while training the clone with the scrap sword and rope ends up tossing his sword into the pit....and when he rappels down he finds magma
Trying to pull his sword out of the magma he accidently sends it further into the moltent sea, and is forced to swing onto the second floor before the resulting spray burns his rope away

Unable to rejoin the party while the elevator is in use, and feeling like they can handle it, he begins to Explore the Area

Quickly reacting to the heat, the block obsessed clone pulls his arms into his sleeves and pushes hard against it, tearing his shirt in twain, thus keeping him cool as he slowly but surely jumped and walked from platform to platform towards the still, his arms ready to block any attack.

Soul discovered the joy and pain of being able to eat essentially whatever they felt like. Another pang of hunger struck them, prompting the clone to use their sword as a ladle to scoop up some nice, fresh magma and pour it down their gullet. One horrifyingly painful mouthful later, they discover that all of it is, indeed, going somewhere, as they gingerly feel at the bits of their mouth that now seem to be made of molten rock. (How that works is a bit beyond Soul.) However, there was still something to accomplish. "No use wasting any more time, right? Someone grab that still, and everyone not grabbing it get ready to fight some gribbly thing."

My dude spends a few moments making some strange unstable yellow rocks before scratching his chin and stating, "No I don't believe this room is for me."

Then once everyone is done clearing out of the elevator he presses the button for the fourth floor.

Those who approach the nest feel an incredibly loud rumble as the rocky platforms floating on the magma rock and sway.

Running forward to avoid several of the platforms sinking below the surface, they reach the centermost platform, a large oblong sphere of rock that sways from side to side.

A large beak pokes up from the magma, before being followed by the rest of whatever creature is responsible for this.

Its eyes open, and it gazes at the party with a predatory glow.

With an unholy screech, the obsidian-plated avian stomps on the stony platform, sending everyone flying into the air as it flips over, the entire nest sticking to the stone as it flips into the molten rock.

Psolomon and Calyx's efforts send an Egg and Still flying into the elevator where they land safely.

The group thumps painfully to the ground, clothing hissing as the superheated stone rapidly cools, revealing that the underside of the platform had been made of some glorious purple stone, which glitters and shines in the low light of the cavern.

TRJVpWF.png

The Scantgobbler unleashes another air-shuddering screech as it obtains its balance on the glassy floor, stepping from side to side.

I, Calyx Lamina, bring out one of the sealed cheese products. Opening it and recreating the Molten Rockcheesewhiz, I wince at the familiar, noxious smell. But, I know what it can do, so I clump it in the palm of my left hand. I begin to channel my mana through it and as if pushing the waft of its smell, I instead launch the mana of the disgusting cheese to touch the bird so that it could begin to be blended. Fear my cheese!