Major/Fatal bugs V12

Zumi

My game crashes when I run in tall grass or surf on either Route 7 or in the Darchlight Woods. I suppose it crashes when I'm supposed to encounter a wild Pokemon. It's making it really hard to play through those places because my game will crash even though I'm not looking for wild Pokemon, surfing or running in tall grass to go from one place to another is enough to get my game to crash. And to try to avoid any possible encounters I even used a repel but it doesn't help at all. It only takes a few steps in tall grass or a few 'steps' in water to get the game to crash.

Is there anything I can do, besides avoid running around in the tall grass or surfing in these areas?

ErrorMessage_Route7.png

Edited by DonovanShade
Adding additional information

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm having an issue yet again, the previous one got solved. Thanks for that.

But I'm having a different issue this time, involving boulders. Apparently M.Erre is experiencing the same. So basically every time I run into a boulder (don't need to use Strength or the Golden item related to it), the game shows me the same error message as M.Erre got. Problem is, I can't continue trough the game as since I'm in the 'Underground Sanctuary' (Aevium Past) I really need to be able to use Strength or its related Golden item or I simply can't proces trough the game.

So if anyone would have an answer to this, please let me know.

picturemessage_uhrq5jh2.g5t.png

Edited by DonovanShade
  • Upvote 1

I was using debug mode, just for putting some natures on the shinies i actually caught, and then i saved the game and opened the original one. But probaly, i saved it on the special map of de mod, and now i cant open my save by the oririnal game, once it says "The map is corrupt. The game cannot continue". Also, i tried to open de game on debug mode, for going out of there, but then it says "Script 'Scene Intro' line 78: NameError ocurred. unintianalized constant IntroEventScene::PBSpecies".

It would be great if anyone could help me there, and yeah, i know debugging isn't the coolest thing for doing.

Edited by Rennn

I was battling rift garbordor. I lost the first time and when I won the second time, it glitched me into the wall behind him and the only thing I could do was save after Venam and Melia's dialogue. While searching the google box, I saw another post in another thread of the same issue. The guy was told tGame.rxdatao come here and post his rx.data so here I am doing the same.

I seem to have softlocked myself in the Lethal Rift Forest. Attempting to start the fight with the Galvantula just results in an infinite cutscene where nothing happens and no inputs respond. 

I'm playing on windows 10, version 12.

I think the softlock has something to do with refighting the Galvantula multiple times. The healpoint may also be to blame, as before I interacted with that the cutscene progressed normally.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, DonovanShade said:

So I'm having an issue yet again, the previous one got solved. Thanks for that.

But I'm having a different issue this time, involving boulders. Apparently M.Erre is experiencing the same. So basically every time I run into a boulder (don't need to use Strength or the Golden item related to it), the game shows me the same error message as M.Erre got. Problem is, I can't continue trough the game as since I'm in the 'Underground Sanctuary' (Aevium Past) I really need to be able to use Strength or its related Golden item or I simply can't proces trough the game.

So if anyone would have an answer to this, please let me know.

picturemessage_uhrq5jh2.g5t.png

I am facing the same problem😭😭

On 7/14/2019 at 3:29 PM, UmbraWitch01 said:

Not sure if you are aware of this, but in the distorted path in V9's story, if you give Melia the journal, then lose to the garbador, the players pathing goes awry and they attempt to walk into a wall when attempting to rebattle the garbodor, softlocking the game and forcing the player to load to their save, which cannot progress unless the last time they saved was before the initial fight (annoyingly for me, it autosaved during the part right after I gave Melia the journal). Even debug mode doesn't help - The player can finish the pathing and enter the battle but once it ends and the cutscene plays, the player is stuck in the wall and cannot move (presumably since auto pathing takes over but cannot start as the player is in a wall). Looking at RPG maker it appears as if, on my save, the variable Garb is 1 and the switch GaveDiary is on, causing both's pathing to occur and thus break everything. I can think of a potential fix, that being to automatically set GaveDiary to off when the player enters the distorted path. I will also mess with these variables on my save, so I don't think I'm gonna need anyone else to edit it.I hope this is useful, and I apologise if you have heard this all before 😀

I'm having this exact problem but have no idea how to fix it, because I know 0 about program files and the like. It's mildly upsetting, I don't want to have to reset my hard work 😞

So, an easily avoidable error, but a fatal one nonetheless. I just finished upgrading to V12.1, and whenever I try and switch the font to DP in the options menu, I get a "Game has encountered a serious error and needs to close" error before it crashes completely. No issues after booting up again, and as long as I avoid trying to change to that font (easy enough since I hate it anyways) it doesn't happen, but just so it's on the record.

I really need help. My game keeps crashing every time I try to select my bag, and every time i attempt to talk to someone at the recreation center. I'm not even sure of the full scope of the bug, because one time i was just running and it crashed.  Here's my save and a picture:

glitcher.jpg

LastSave.dat

On 8/30/2019 at 1:53 PM, TripleABatteries said:

When i beat groudon and got the bigger half of the magma stone, I went to kristiline, and realized no building was frozen, I searched the internet, and even youtube and found the TM shack that was suppose to be frozen. In my game however, the tm shack was never frozen, and i can't interact or enter the building whatsoever. Because of this i cant progress. The cook off might have bugged the TM shack or something, because the city was not covered in snow before I even beat Angie. BEFORE you ask me if I talked to the elder after the Grunt dude dissapears, I did. I've tried everything, and legit gone everywhere I could if thawing the TM shack wasn't the option. I legit have gotten nowhere. I honestly don't even know whats happening but please help. I don't want to have to start a new save file because I've already came a bit far, and this game is pretty hard. 

I came here to report the same bug! I defeated Sera, kept half of the Magma Stone, and found the TM Shop in Kristiline, but I cannot interact with it at all. It is most certainly NOT frozen in NeverMeltIce. It's just totally unresponsive. I've tried EVERYTHING for the past two days to make the story progress; I've been following the V12 walkthrough obsessively to make sure that I didn't miss something -- I haven't. It's definitely the TM shop. It's impossible to progress to Mt. Valor without accessing this darn building. Unfortunately, my only prior save files are from AFTER the Groudon battle, so I can't even go back to choose the "alternate path" of giving away the Magma Stone in order to avoid the glitching, frozen-but-not-frozen TM shack altogether. I am simply stuck.

Dev's, please note: after scouring the forums for solutions to my predicament, I've found three other users who've also experienced the same bugged TM shop. Can somebody please encase our buildings in NeverMeltIce so that we can thaw them out and continue our journeys...? 😞

Game.rxdataUntitled.thumb.png.825539d12394b691fd2e332da7c74da3.png

after failing to this rift twice on intense mode engaging this rift for a 3rd time crashes the game just as the rift is being engaged.  just to note i have taken the bug fix patch

image.png.d72c53bd62f15dac62e8500b195a7001.png

• 2 weeks later...