Left 4 Dead Mafia [GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!!]

cicada

1 hour ago, Falirion said:

while beans lynch gives less towncred than it could be because of his role, i believe alistair to be town now, (and lia by extension i guess, for now anyway)

I'm going to shoot my own foot here and point out that Bean turning out to be mafia doesn't make anyone who did/didn't vote him any more or less suspicious because mafia didn't know the identity of the coach at the start of the game. 

11 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

I'm going to shoot my own foot here and point out that Bean turning out to be mafia doesn't make anyone who did/didn't vote him any more or less suspicious because mafia didn't know the identity of the coach at the start of the game. 

That is exactly what i was getting at just ftr, but my assumption of you both being town for the time being hinges more on how ali has been acting, and that you to are likely on the same team (not that my reads are worth much of anything) also if you actually were pushing nano, it would have been dangerously obvious after reevaluating last day, so for now i am going to assume that you wouldn't be that obvious about that unlike me that is either dumb played town or dumb played mafia at this point but still going to keep my eye on you, and others

Somehow I keep mistaking Falirion for Nano every time until I see their name, it confused me when I saw that Nano was alive. There's also a blank in my memory for half of Day 1's events which I presume I forgot because I was there the whole time. But, regardless.

2 hours ago, cicada said:

That was when Nick saw the Smoker’s tongue. “Hey!” He glared at the Smoker. “I’ve got this one. There’s no way in Hell I’ll let you any closer to us. Not now, and not ever.”

I asked Nicki if the Survivors do two actions at the same time (night kill and their own) and she said no. The flavor could be intentionally wrong, but this can possibly point that no one has a fake gun today, which is reassuring.

55 minutes ago, Hanyū said:

Loosing Nick is a blow, i guess that confirms mafia is trying to go after smart players?

That's only the first person to die by the mafia factional kill, so it's too early to assume anything of the sort, I believe.

Also, we should see who has received the real gun before jumping onto each other, provided they've been given.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Somehow I keep mistaking Falirion for Nano every time until I see their name, it confused me when I saw that Nano was alive. There's also a blank in my memory for half of Day 1's events which I presume I forgot because I was there the whole time. But, regardless.

I asked Nicki if the Survivors do two actions at the same time (night kill and their own) and she said no. The flavor could be intentionally wrong, but this can possibly point that no one has a fake gun today, which is reassuring.

That's only the first person to die by the mafia factional kill, so it's too early to assume anything of the sort, I believe.

Also, we should see who has received the real gun before jumping onto each other, provided they've been given. 

Not sure if nicki's flavour would indicate which character carried out the factional kill, that would be quite some info to give to town

also i have to disagree with revealing who got guns real or fake (as we likely can't tell apart which is which) unless the person intends to use it on the same day, it would give the mafia a target on who to kill to prevent gunshoots (if they believe these gunshoots could be harmfull to them)

4 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Hmm, yes. That sounds about right. However, what could we glance from who carried out the factional kill? It seems a detail too little to matter to me, in terms of flavor text.

well depending on how the game goes it could rule out roleblocked people as specific mafia's for one, for example i was roleblocked this night, if that flavour text was accurate i would have no chance of being nick (the character), also as you already noted which mafia nightactions were used this night

Edited by Falirion
grammatical error

1 minute ago, Falirion said:

well depending on how the game goes it could rule out roleblocked people as specific mafia's for one, for example i was roleblocked this night, if that flavour text was accurate i have no chance of being nick (the character), also as you already noted which mafia nightactions were uses this night

Feels like you're going through the too-OP-to-be-true route than the is-this-true one. I noticed before, the fact that people think no one reads flavor text could be something to let people's guard down. Or that people just don't take it seriously. I'll just accept that we have different opinions, although this is my reason to partially highly townread you.

I'll leave for a while, and return when others besides the current who have spoken come.

1 minute ago, Aldo said:

Feels like you're going through the too-OP-to-be-true route than the is-this-true one. I noticed before, the fact that people think no one reads flavor text could be something to let people's guard down. Or that people just don't take it seriously. I'll just accept that we have different opinions, although this is my reason to partially highly townread you.

I'll leave for a while, and return when others besides the current who have spoken come.

Well if you put it like that, i feel reminded of the D&D game where lia died to being fireballed by the wizard and no one questioned it.... so maybe the theory is worth testing... have to think about that

Well thinking about what happened with the nightkill and what not, kinda got me to a question i should probably have posed last day phase but...
How exactly does the Janitor usually work?
Can he choose remove the role flip when he does the kill?
or does he remove the role flip of who he visists and someone else needs to kill the target?
(both once per game obviously) I am asking because that might be important mainly to figure out just how the mafia operated and if all role abilities were used

guys why do we have the same 2 people talking here

Yeah while I usually tend not to take what the narrative says as indicative of specific roles in the game, I think it might help us out in confirming suspicions of some of the actions (mainly if we have a mafia kill or not). Just some hopeful thinking.

Also, I'm willing to believe Fali from what he says. It's one thing to claim common infected, but another to claim attacked. We know almost for certain it was the spitter that attacked him, and the real spitter would have a target to attack if he is indeed lying.

As for Aldo, I'm not 100% sure. But for now, I'd say he has a slight townread from me.

And for Ali and Lia, while their actions in no way vindicate them, I kind of get a town feel from their posts.

help why do I town read everyone

40 minutes ago, Falirion said:

Well thinking about what happened with the nightkill and what not, kinda got me to a question i should probably have posed last day phase but...
or does he remove the role flip of who he visists and someone else needs to kill the target?
(both once per game obviously) I am asking because that might be important mainly to figure out just how the mafia operated and if all role abilities were used

The role desc only states that the player's role and alignment will not be revealed once per game. I think it's based off of epicmafia rules so it can only be the person they visited last.

@cicada Is that correct?

2 hours ago, Falirion said:

They choose to visit one person once per game. If that person dies by the vigi, mafia or lynch (but i'm not sure about the lynch) their alignment and role won't be revealed and only the Janitor will know who they are. So i think the Janitor didn't visit anyone yet, i think mafia would try to guess who is who and then they decide who would have the most powerful role before to randomly visit a player in my opinion. Or they could always cover one town role so they can roleclaim it or they could do other things with it. 

Yeah it's sad that we lost Nick and the jailer, damn.
Anyway just to confirm Fali, Nicki told you you were jailed and attacked, right? 

Also i don't know who to vote for now, i was suspecting Fali and a bit Drago yesterday but i guess i will give them a second chance. 

Edited by LykosHand
added too many words

6 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

They choose to visit one person once per game. If that person dies by the vigi, mafia or lynch (but i'm not sure about the lynch) their alignment and role won't be revealed and only the Janitor will know who they are. So i think the Janitor didn't visit anyone yet, i think mafia would try to guess who is who and then they decide who would have the most powerful role before to randomly visit a player in my opinion. Or they could always cover one town role so they can roleclaim it or they could do other things with it. 

Yeah it's sad that we lost Nick and the jailer, damn.
Anyway just to confirm Fali, Nicki told you you were jailed and attacked, right? 

Also for now i don't know who to vote for now, i was suspecting Fali and a bit Drago yesterday but i guess i will give them a second chance for now. 

Well if the janitor operates like that, that means in the night that someone dies without their role being revealed the mafia likely didn't use either the actress or the fabricator ability as one of them would need to carry out the kill, something to keep in mind. Which also means that i think the janitor is likely the one carring out the kills unless they have reason to think he will get roleblocked. as they will want to have the actress act as a pseudo rolecop currently, and the fabricator passing fake guns muddies the water for our own guns, so the wouldn't want to pass on either unless they have too, i believe anyway. Not currently important for us but it might come up.

as for your question, the text paraphrased was that "I was roleblocked, and I was also attacked but was protected." By that text it could also have been the drunk, the vigi AND the doctor, but i don't see why the doctor would protect specifically me, so jailor and vigi seem more likely to me.

Oof I kinda forgot this existed

Also why would the spitter attack someone on N1 it doesn't make sense tbh

The spitter is too important to possibly waste their kill this early and die

I mean, if it was Nano I would understand lol but he is dead

Anyways theres no use thinking about that because we have no way of knowing if Fali is telling the truth or not

Oh wait, we have

[Eliminate] Falirion

NICE TRY BUT IM NEVER BELIEVING YOU AGAIN

Look if you want to lynch me fine, I don't particularly care, but what reason would i have to lie about being attacked? there is a mafia kill, the phase post makes that obvious, and claiming to have been attacked by the vigilante? what good would that do me if it was wrong? the vigi would know i am lying and just actually try next night, it wouldn't help me, no matter which alignment i was, as town i would get the vigi killed and as mafia i would get the vigi to target me.

Well assuming my claim is real that probably means that mafia did in fact not attempt a night kill on N0 as no one claimed to have been attacked and nicki apparently informs us if a kill attempt was made on one of us and it fails. No one claimed to have been attacked at all.

But puttting that point aside this thread is way to quiet for my liking so, here is a pressure vote for someone silent
[Eliminate] Al
let's start with AL as i feel like he would be a little more outspoken, but seal, arch, bok and astra are also all way to silent

Actuuuually... i changed my mind
[Unvote] AL

[Eliminate] Arch
Arch only filled the absolute bare minimum of his posting requirement last day (in the last few hours of the day) and i don't quite understand what his reason for voting astra was, so it be nice if he could explain

1 hour ago, Falirion said:

Look if you want to lynch me fine, I don't particularly care, but what reason would i have to lie about being attacked? there is a mafia kill, the phase post makes that obvious, and claiming to have been attacked by the vigilante? what good would that do me if it was wrong? the vigi would know i am lying and just actually try next night, it wouldn't help me, no matter which alignment i was, as town i would get the vigi killed and as mafia i would get the vigi to target me.

Well assuming my claim is real that probably means that mafia did in fact not attempt a night kill on N0 as no one claimed to have been attacked and nicki apparently informs us if a kill attempt was made on one of us and it fails. No one claimed to have been attacked at all.

But puttting that point aside this thread is way to quiet for my liking so, here is a pressure vote for someone silent
[Eliminate] Al
let's start with AL as i feel like he would be a little more outspoken, but seal, arch, bok and astra are also all way to silent

There is actually a reason. Town credit. The amount of town credit you gain with this is insane. Don't worry, I don't think you'll be lynched. I'm just voting you as a way to show you I don't trust you at all and I don't believe your claim.

Hi. I’m posting to show I’m alive for the day. As for why I’m not really say anything of substance here, um... I’ve been busy doing things before visiting family and not spending most of my free time playing the new games. I’ll try to post something later.

This is still as quiet. But fortunate that more have spoken up.

5 hours ago, Arch said:

I dont have any strong reads on anyone yet so I'll go with my previous vote but might change my mind lets see

[eliminate] Astra

If you don't have any strong reads on anyone, why did you return to the same person of yesterday? I find a person who had no reads would vote randomly, but this suggests there's a hidden meaning on your vote there.

12 hours ago, Hanyū said:

maybe the spitter took a random guess? though i do agree that they were a bit too hasty with their kill

It's never too early or late for the use of that ability, except the first night. Their timing has no correlation with their guess, I think.

2 hours ago, Newt said:

I'd just like to say that if things keep that way we should vote onf the quiet guys lol

And to show you my new icon do you guys like it

646352019506069519.png?v=1 <-- Has the perfect balance of being funny and cute at the same time.

It'll be hard to get accurate reads with the current state, so I'll vote randomly for now. [Eliminate] Bok

8 hours ago, Alistair said:

[Eliminate] Boat

why would you rejoice about the discount vig wasting a shot of all things

also I haven't seen you help at all this game, so tell us a bit more about yourself

I only laugh at two things:

1. Jokes I can say myself.

2. Things that didnt happened

know what im saying? what im sayin is i highly doubt there is someone with big balls out there not named nano mah fren. So i find the statement highly amusing in its own right.