Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

kinda forced to expect the worst for us at this point, I finished my first run through this game like last summer but based off of previous posts it's entirely possible caz is just logging in to keep hope of a update alive, or maybe hes just playing someone else's fan-game. i'm not exactly too familiar with how this site works so as far as I know that may be a possibility.

• Veterans
2 hours ago, SnootDoodle said:

kinda forced to expect the worst for us at this point, I finished my first run through this game like last summer but based off of previous posts it's entirely possible caz is just logging in to keep hope of a update alive, or maybe hes just playing someone else's fan-game. i'm not exactly too familiar with how this site works so as far as I know that may be a possibility.

Dont need to constantly be logging in to play a fan game lol jsyk

"kinda forced to expect the worst for us at this point, I finished my first run through this game like last summer but based off of previous posts it's entirely possible caz is just logging in to keep hope of a update alive, or maybe hes just playing someone else's fan-game. i'm not exactly too familiar with how this site works so as far as I know that may be a possibility."

If I recall correctly, he's a medical student, which is a field that requires a lot of diligence and dedication. Also, he's a grown adult with his own life, I'm pretty sure making a Pokémon fangame isn't high up on the priority list. 

20 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

Dont need to constantly be logging in to play a fan game lol jsyk

I'm not aware how frequently he's been logging in, when I said "playing a fan-game" I meant checking forums, get help, keeping up with news regarding the games.

2 hours ago, Scyl said:

"kinda forced to expect the worst for us at this point, I finished my first run through this game like last summer but based off of previous posts it's entirely possible caz is just logging in to keep hope of a update alive, or maybe hes just playing someone else's fan-game. i'm not exactly too familiar with how this site works so as far as I know that may be a possibility."

If I recall correctly, he's a medical student, which is a field that requires a lot of diligence and dedication. Also, he's a grown adult with his own life, I'm pretty sure making a Pokémon fangame isn't high up on the priority list. 

Of course! I don't mean to pester him about anything, And it's not like I want to hold a gun to his head over an update, The possibility of a fan-game never being completed always exists until it is completed. If Caz has more important things to do, Then by all means, I'd like to believe none of us are self-centered enough to put the enjoyment of his work over his stability and future. That's not to say he doesn't have any obligation to finish what he started, It seems he put so much work into this game, It would be tragic for it all to go to waste, And never find closure. I think that when he does have free time the enjoyment of everyone who does appreciate his work should be taken into consideration, But not to the point of ruining his own happiness, That would be a twisted reward for the man who gave us this game to begin with.

(Sorry if I rambled a bit too much, just wanted to express my opinion!)

Edited by SnootDoodle

On 3/6/2020 at 8:38 AM, SnootDoodle said:

So was there two years between the other updates? Or is that just how much we're on right now? also on an unrelated note, is the Gastly the "treasure" for the weeping depths logic puzzle? 

well i started playing since this episode, but i do know it (most likely) didnt take this long for the other updates, mainly bcause cazz had to quit the forums for a while due to personal stuff

On 3/19/2020 at 8:34 PM, Elaxus said:

Hello, I wanted to ask if anyone knows or remembers how to get the key for that cabin you enter(The one where an NPC says he lost the key for) before entering Silver Rise mountain.

I'm not 100 percent, but I think you need the brass key from the old mansion, which is in the silver forest, I think, why the key to a random a** house is in Shivs old place... I have no idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xiaomaome said:

are nicknames of traded pokemon absolute? I hate my elekid's nickname.

There is a name rater in blackview, whether or not you can change his name depends on if caz changed the mechanic, but If not, the daycare is also in blackview, you would have to get a whole new elekid if you want to rename it. If you absolutely must, and your elekid is male, you have to wait until the the last city, celia, to get a ditto in a spoilerish area of the game for 35 credits.

5 minutes ago, Shadowdark said:

Anyone knows how to get togepi I beat the wigglytuff but where do I go next

The route 2 rangers guild village, the blackview tower, and the hardened mountain, in the arena where you find out hardy is a fox.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:35 PM, magnoliuhh said:

So I've been playing desolation for a good while but I have yet to figure out how to free the caged pokemon in the first fox den can someone help me out on this?

The one in celia?

On 3/27/2020 at 7:32 AM, Michael_ said:

I'd recommend asking on the desolation thread itself, rather than creating a whole new thread for the topic. If I was to take a guess, I'd say people are more likely to see it and respond there.

but... this is the desolation thread

at least, it was last i checked

Just as the title says, I was wondering how to find aron in pokemon desolation. I beat the second gym leader, have finished the grave stone puzzles and used the tiny key, but I don't see this so called "Aron Cave". Help plz.

Where can I find aron? I did the gravestone puzzle, tiny key puzzle and beat the second gym leader. Where is the aron cave?