Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Spoiler (DON'T READ if you didn't finish the episode)

Just making sure anyone didn't accidentally click this

iirc, the theme was also used in the Scarlett fight and when Ava fights Baron again so calling it just Hardy's theme isn't really accurate.

Edited by Pandalex12

Does anyone know the theme that replaced the old hardy theme? While I do love Hope & Dreams, this also sounds very good and fits well in the battles that it's used in.

If you still have the Episode 2 folder, you can go into Audio -> BGM -> right click on 'Battle - Hardy' -> Copy, then go into the same folder in your Episode 3 files and Paste it. You'll be prompted if you want to 'Copy and Replace'. Do so, and this will change the theme in your Episode 3 back to the old theme. You'll lose the new theme though, so keep a backup of it somewhere just in case.

I only figured this out because during beta testing, there was actually going to be a new gym battle theme, but it appears it didn't make it into the official release (guessing the majority of testers found the current theme better). I liked the beta theme, so I did some experimenting to see if I could keep it for the official release, and it worked.

EDIT: Crud, I just realized I read the entire conversation wrong. Blah.

Edited by Alilatias

I only figured this out because during beta testing, there was actually going to be a new gym battle theme, but it appears it didn't make it into the official release (guessing the majority of testers found the current theme better). I liked the beta theme, so I did some experimenting to see if I could keep it for the official release, and it worked.

tbh I didn't even notice there was a new theme :x I don't really pay attention to much of the music, really, since I usually only listen to my own.

Also, just wondering, can we open the building on Silver Mountain Rise near the Repel vendor that's supposed to have supplies, or is that going to be for a later version?

edit: o and caz might want to change the episode 2 tag to episode 3

• Developers

Many things to address. Firstly Chubb, I've looked at the tag but thought there's no point in changing it. I mean, who looks at tags ~

Secondly in regards to Hardy's battle theme. I got a heap of complaints in PM about Undertale music in the game and I figured there's no harm in changing it.

Onto the main issues now.

I have absolutely no free time whatsoever. I get no free time to check the thread and answer PM's claiming their saves are broken. I am aware some have been, but before you send me your PM please do the following:

1: PLEASE check the known bugs list. I often get sent messages that contain known bugs and this often drowns out messages that have bugs I am unaware of.

2: Make sure that before claiming your save is broken, check that you have the prerequisites for an event to occur. In fact, the only somewhat damaging bug currently is that Sena can follow you after the Bronze Island event but this can just be fixed by walking in and out of Majira's Rest.

I won't get much time to check back and answer questions, if any, hence I am once again extremely grateful for those that answer the community's questions for me. You're the real MVP's.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 2

Hey does anyone know how many "Pieces" are available in the current build?

As far as I know, 4

Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. All but Yellow were obtainable back in Version 2, Yellow Piece is located in Blackview City.

As far as I know, 4

Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. All but Yellow were obtainable back in Version 2, Yellow Piece is located in Blackview City.

you need to acquire the shiny and dull keys in order to get the yellow piece

Edited by Tempo17

i have reached blackview city omg the size of this thing :3

yeah it took me a good amount of time to be able to move through this city. trust me once you know where everything is, it gets easier.

Edited by Tempo17

Just finished this Episode. Man, that was AWESOME! gj!

However, the Gym Leaders were a little bit too easy imo. Maybe it's just me because i usually prepare well for them. (Tristan: 2 tries, Emily: 1st try)

First, Tristan's Field is really counterproductive because he has two Fighting Moves (Mega Lopunny's High Jump Kick and Staraptors Close Combat). Hope you can improve it, for example making Normal Pokemon taking less Damage from Fighting Moves instead of weaking all the Fighting Moves. This will make Tristan a lot harder.

Secondly, Emily was a total pushover. My Sand Rush Excadrill was able to set 3 SDs + Sand Stream on Galvantula, after that, i just 6-0ed her. Didn't even see most of her Pokemon's Attacks.

Here's my Team (+ Rotations):

capture000g0kv5.png

I also want to train Azurill for the next Episode. Hower, i still need to find Azumarill from the boss.

If you need to know where the Azumarill is:

It's in route 2, the green side

I actually haven't tried the machine yet, I have only 14 credits left. As for the gym leaders:

I found Tristan very hard to defeat, apparently his team was nerfed in 3.0.1, I fought him in 3.0. I agree about Emily, though. She was too easy, especially and in my opinion compared to Tristan. Darmanitan was able to wreck most of her team with Flare Blitz.

Thanks man! :D Now i think i've done everything in this Episode.

Also: I fought him in 3.0 too. Tangrowth and Slowbro were able to eat up the physical hits, especially thanks to Staraptor's Intimidate. Infernape did a great job as well as he OHKOed Exploud.

But this Field really sucks for him, like I said. Tangrowth wouldn't take 2 HJKs if it wasn't weakened. So, I hope Caz can change it.

Edited by GreatNinja

If you still have the Episode 2 folder, you can go into Audio -> BGM -> right click on 'Battle - Hardy' -> Copy, then go into the same folder in your Episode 3 files and Paste it. You'll be prompted if you want to 'Copy and Replace'. Do so, and this will change the theme in your Episode 3 back to the old theme. You'll lose the new theme though, so keep a backup of it somewhere just in case.

EDIT: Crud, I just realized I read the entire conversation wrong. Blah.

Aye. Maybe I wasn't clear on just wanting the name/origin of the theme as that was my one true intention.

If I reword my question.

Anyone know where the new Hardy theme originated from? or the name of it will be enough, I hope.

Edited by Pandalex12

Btw: Can i do something with the Camera and the Ceremonical Dagger in this episode?

Did you read the journal next to the person that gave it to you? It tells you where to go

1) Moltres statue in lava place where Baron nearly kills Ava

2) Weeping Hills - outside near the tree with a lynch rope hanging

3) Kaneph Village (?) the first entrance nearest to beach/shore or whatever term I'm meant to use

Edit: Weavile is gaining on Mightyena in the polls :(

Edited by Pandalex12

• Developers

The ceremonial dagger quest is a sidequest that will span across most of the game. Currently is has little reward.

First time posting,i want to thank u for the awesome game,i am having lots of fun! :D

A question:

I found where Emily is,i talked to the recruiters in the park and they left.I am lost cause i have checked the whole city quite a few times and i cant find them to resume the story.Any ideas where they are? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Dkar

• Developers

Answer.

They told you to meet them in the Abandoned Rangers Guild, which on the south side of the city.

Answer.

They told you to meet them in the Abandoned Rangers Guild, which on the south side of the city.

Ty for the fast reply.I entered all the building in that area and i dont have any way to move forward in the story ;/

The building with the weird (pink flower) has 4 ppl and they talk about random stuff but nothing changed...

Edited by Dkar