Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Yeah, I got it. The hint was right there but I didn't get it until Cream told me >.>

I am bad at these things I guess ^.^

haha yeh seems i'm bad at them also, was reading to much into it so i had to look at a video for it and it wasn't till i saw what he was doing that it made sence.

now i'm starting to wonder what the pieces will be for.....

Edited by sandy

• Developers

ANNOUNCEMENT!

So I finishing mapping, adding sidequests to and bringing life to the biggest city so far in Pokemon Desolation, Blackview. I'm super proud of it and with over 40 houses and 100+ NPC's, it may be one of the biggest city's in fangames (except Reborn City of course, praise Ame). I knew I couldn't post a giant screenshot because I'm anti spoilers, so instead I thought I'd post a few in game screenies to give you some insight into what you might experience in the next Episode.

Blackview City, the source of the worlds power, apparently. They call it the 'City of Opportunity', yeah, right. You ponder the thought as you raise your hand against the almost overpowering smog, but your fingers are contorted by the swirls of smoke and your eyes are stung by the saturated air. You hear teenagers laughing to your right followed by a sharp cracking sound, what could that be?

uFQB50d.png

Blackview City will be available in Episode 3.

Another thing I need to mention, the level cap will not be 40 in Episode 3, but 45. Unfortunately, I try to pack so much into these Episode's that the level cap is rising at a rate that I'm struggling to compete with. This means that the next Episode (Episode 4) may not increase the level cap at all, since it will be mostly set in another urban area anyway...

Final thing, Episode 3 is taking a while to finish mostly because I end up being a perfectionist and can't settle for second best anymore. This means that Episode 3 will not drop this month, but I can happily say that:

- Episode 3 beta testing will occur mid April -

- Episode 3 will officially release in late April -

With that, this update is concluded. I have one more update to present but I'm gonna talk about that later.

Thanks for the support and stay tuned \o/

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 8

• Developers

Awesome. Will there be sidequests in Blackview City? You could hide a thing or two in a city that big...

Oh this is amusing, there's certainly more than a thing or two.

caz, is there a reason that the freedom badge didn't give us a level cap increase? if it gives one its not mentioned

also maybe its time for desolation to have its own sub forum like rejuvenation

Edited by sandy

• Developers

caz, is there a reason that the freedom badge didn't give us a level cap increase? if it gives one its not mentioned

also maybe its time for desolation to have its own sub forum like rejuvenation

Currently it increases the cap tp 40.

I like how it goes. I'm in the jungle after the boat crash.

Also damn sunflora is annoying lol.

Weird gltich? It just happened..

ULG3P6d.png

That glitch is patched for Episode 3 luckily, but PM me your save and I'll fix it right away!

I hope you enjoy the game \o/

Edited by Caz

• Developers

I'm quite certain all the error causing music has been removed. But in case, delete all .mid files in the audio folder.

Edited by Caz

• Developers

Caz is that new Shiv sprite based off of Izaya from Durarara by any chance? They look almost identical.

When I was coming up with Shiv's new design I mayyyy have been watch Durarara. Whoops. In my eyes at least Shiv and Izaya have a very similar personality, which was interesting for me because I had created Shiv as a character long before I seen Durarara.

I also want to thank you all for 100 votes on the poll! The information I get from that is a really good indication of how I should tell the story I want to tell to get the best response.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

what was your plan with nova? Byron seems more of a leader of an evil organisation than Nova dose

i agree

byron seems like wants to do something completely different than what nova wants

i cant figure out what byron wants at all

• Developers

what was your plan with nova? Byron seems more of a leader of an evil organisation than Nova dose

You can't just ask me my plan with Baron is, that's like asking me to send you the entire future plot. Wait and see young grasshopper!

That being said, thus far:

Nova is the official leader of Crescent but has little to no dealings with its members. Baron is the second in command but ultimately has more influence in the members than Nova does. This should be kept in mind in the future. Barons intentions are not revealed to us yet.

Edited by Caz

i have a sneaking suspicion that nova with betray baron ant some point in the near or distant future and caz i'm not asking about baron as i can figure out what he wants, its nova im asking about

Edited by sandy

I just hope that if we chose Nova the story will actually change and we will join Crescent and become their allies. Too may hack I've played advertise the feature of joining their respective evil team as an option, but fall through on this aspect.

Oh, and don't worry about not increasing the level cap in episode 4. Don't let this problem allow you to dampen your ambition and shorten the game's length. After all, you can always increase the level cap to exceed 100, so that's not an issue.

Other than these problems you're doing a great job on delivering on your ambitious game. Especially for a first time like yourself, you clearly have talent.

Edited by pokezack101
  • Upvote 1